Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 03-09-2010, 04:46 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Matrix didn't blow any person's mind, especially since Dark City did it better a year before.
Dark City is the ****! I remember getting dragged to see that in the theater by my brother, thinking it would suck. I left looking like the guy from Scanners.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 08:09 PM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Dark City is the ****!
Certainly one of the most slept on movies around. I remember having to watch it for English in school and before I had seen it thinking what is this crap I've never heard of. My mind was blown!

Props to BK on the sig!
wogitalia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 08:53 PM    (permalink
Job
Pro Bowler

Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Green Zone might be interesting.
Job is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 08:59 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dark City is terrific.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 09:03 PM    (permalink
Job
Pro Bowler

Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC.SD View Post
Dark City is terrific.
+1

tyutyu
Old 03-09-2010, 11:42 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dark City is indeed fantastic.

Saw Alice in Wonderland in 3D. Movie was pretty meh, but the cat was pimp.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 11:52 PM    (permalink
Job
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
Dark City is indeed fantastic.

I really liked the Mad Hatter too. But then again I love pretty much anything Johnny Depp does.
Old 03-09-2010, 11:58 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
I really liked the Mad Hatter too. But then again I love pretty much anything Johnny Depp does.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 12:08 AM    (permalink
Job
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Haven't seen it. Is it some kind of counter-argument or an approval?
Old 03-10-2010, 12:10 AM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
That's exactly the same opinion of the movie that I had.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 02:18 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So now they're saying Krasinski isnt the frontrunner for Captain America and is actually out of the running all together.

It's down to...

Wilson Bethel
Mike Vogel
Chris Evans
Garrett Hedlund

"Actors previously reported as testing including Krasinski, Michael Cassidy, Chace Crawford, Scott Porter and Patrick Flueger are no longer under consideration, say the sites. The part calls for a nine-picture deal, the second of which would be The Avengers."

Also Robert De Niro is going to play Vince Lombardi in an upcoming movie.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 03-10-2010 at 02:21 AM.
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 07:07 AM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

my money would be on mike vogel.

bethel's jaw is a little too square and just misses.

evans i love but he's overexposed and already in-universe as human torch

garrett hedlund is too young and has a channing tatum quality to him that i just don't believe he'd actually kill something. too modelish and not enough killer.

vogel.....if you take a baseball bat and beat some of the douche out of him then i'm confident that he'll end up being big enough and serious enough to be captain america. and end up giving him a rougher haircut...he just might be able to act like the greatest comic book character out there. i'm hoping they follow brubaker.

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news/165...-four-updated-

this link has a great breakdown with pictures of everyone involved.

Prowler's Newb Guide

Last edited by Prowler : 03-10-2010 at 07:28 AM. Reason: link
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 09:04 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone else keen for Diary of a Wimpy Kid!

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 10:52 AM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hmmm. Hedlund and Evans are two guys who weren't listed originally as choices for Cap, and I wont lie I like them both better then Vogel, who was my original choice after the last group came out. Evans is by far the strongest dramatic actor out of them, and his involvement as the Human Torch is moot as the series is being rebooted and isnt even owned by Marvel, unlike Cap. Evans is a guy who could definitely do it, but his cheekiness/sarcasm don't really scream the stoic character that Cap needs.

Hedlund is young, but I think he could do it as well. Hes headlining the new TRON movie (btw, trailer was sick, go google it if you havent seen it). From what I understand, they are trying to go young with the role.

I havent seen much of Vogel beyond Grind and Cloverfield, but hes getting alot of love inside the Hollywood circuit right now, as he was the #2 choice behind Chris Pine for the role of James Kirk in the new Star Trek.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 11:30 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hedlund is one of my favourite, little known actors. I used to draft him all the time in our movie drafts.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 11:37 AM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

All I want is for Joseph Gordon Levitt to get a superhero role. Preferably one where he's a bastard.
Old 03-10-2010, 11:58 AM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd like Chris Evans as Cap, especially since they're rebooting Fantastic Four. Him and Jessica Alba in her underwear were the only good things about the first one.

Sig by Hitman D.
nrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 12:19 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

hopefully disney can eventually make a movie that actually does justice to x-men. if i see one more movie where cyclops is anything except a confident leader(and alive) i'm going to ....whine like a little girl and still see whatever movie they make.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Old 03-10-2010, 12:23 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

Chris Evans is not Cap. Cap is not exactly a barrel of monkeys.

This whole casting process is how we ended up with the Friday Night Lights kid as Gambit instead of James Franco zomg.
Old 03-10-2010, 12:46 PM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Also Robert De Niro is going to play Vince Lombardi in an upcoming movie.
And the Oscar for Best Makeup goes to ....

It will require massive facial makeup alterations + a fatsuit for skinny DeNiro to look like thick-bodied Lombardi. Ernest Borgnine who looks like his twin played him in an earlier TV film about his GB glory days made way back in the 70s, it will be interesting to see if the maestro DeNiro equals or improves on it. I hope they don't lionize him in the film as previous ones have, most of his ex-players said he was the meanest SOB of a HC you could play for & he inspired such fear in his players that they didnt dare **** up on the field. Lombardi was alos sentimental & very emotional himself, had many human moments that tend to get lost in the historical iconic recreation of the man for whom they named the SB trophy.

Rented Surrogates, & all I can tell my fellow film buffs is don't bother.... it was bald Bruce Willis playing his stock rogue cop character again & with a lame plotline so they had to dazzle us with bogus cyber images on too many monitors thorughout. How much of that do we have to take, really? I never thought I would post praise of I, Robot, I thought this would be another hero vs. the CG bots scifi film but it wasn't even close to that good. I give it 1 & 1/2 stars b/c of the supporting performances of Ving Rhames & Radha Mitchell's usual superlative performance, she's an underrated actress who's been on the radar since Pitch Black, an underrated scifi classic.
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 12:53 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
hopefully disney can eventually make a movie that actually does justice to x-men. if i see one more movie where cyclops is anything except a confident leader(and alive) i'm going to ....whine like a little girl and still see whatever movie they make.
Fox owns the rights to X-Men movies.

Sig by Hitman D.
Old 03-10-2010, 01:03 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

is it only for films currently in development though? like the young x-men first class and wolverine franchise?

Prowler's Newb Guide
Old 03-10-2010, 01:05 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
is it only for films currently in development though? like the young x-men first class and wolverine franchise?
I thought they lost it if they didn't keep making movies. I'm not quite sure on that though.

Sig by Hitman D.
Old 03-10-2010, 10:31 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I finally saw 500 Days of Summer. Now I know why everyone here was raving about it. Clever, poignant, wasn't predictable and it hit too close to home on several points.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 11:09 AM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wolfman.....sucked.......ginger.....balls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurrell Casey
I love light skin and white women but my main chick is brown skin
DoughBoy is offline   Reply With Quote