Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 03-14-2010, 12:03 AM    (permalink
Job
Pro Bowler

Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
I like to dissect girls. Did you know that I'm utterly insane?
I didn't know that, but I'll be glad to assist you whenever.
Job is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 12:06 AM    (permalink
Hollywood
Veteran

Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBanger View Post
Oh, I understand the pacing. You don't have to be a film major to get it. I also understand and realize the pacing is very self-conscious. I think the ending works. I think it is great.

This is what I felt when I saw Once Upon a Time in the West from the get go. Okay, he's doing the whole, The Good, The Bad and The Ugly thing here with a long ass ******* wait before a shootout. The difference here was the line, not the shootout (and ten times longer). You know Fonda is going to win. It just took us 15 minutes to get the great line, "You got two, too many." Wow!!!! My mind is ******* blown. Do I really need to see a guy blow on a fly for that long? I understand what is going on. It's matter of being successful. That is not suspenseful, that is boring. When you are trying and attempting to create mood and atmosphere with tension and suspense and entice boredom from a viewer, very painful boredom, that is a failure. If you call that shallow, then I don't really have a response for that. I didn't watch the movie to see how different it was from previous Westerns.

For me, set pieces and musical scores are there to ENHANCE the film. They aren't the film. I think The Good, The Bad and The Ugly is an average film with an above average ending. I am more than happy to miss out on the rest though. I love movies, but I hate movies of guys kicking dirt around for 20 minutes. The editing is awful in every movie I've seen from his. Every movie of his has been an hour too long. A full hour. Too long. Yet, these movies are masterpieces? The Good, The Bad and The Ugly is atrociously flawed from a technical standpoint (sound also kills the performances). Bizarrely overlong. Random and completely pointless social commentaries on war? Do I care? Why don't you save me the 30 minutes Sergio, cut out the entire war commentaries and just stick to the ******* story. The movie is simply unnecessarily long. Once Upon a Time in the West is just unbearable. I watched the ending on Youtube, pretty good ending, I just don't have the patience to sit through what feels like a 5 hour movie.

Is this guy serious??? btw I like the irony that you are the (incorrect) Sergio Leone that you speak of in your posts. Takes you 3 paragraphs to drone on and on and on and on about your simple minded point that could have been explained in three sentences.
Hollywood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 12:08 AM    (permalink
Hollywood
Veteran

Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I like to dissect girls. Did you know that I'm utterly insane?
You're a ******* ugly *****. I want to stab you to death, and then play around with your blood.
Old 03-14-2010, 12:18 AM    (permalink
Job
Pro Bowler

Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
You're a ******* ugly *****. I want to stab you to death, and then play around with your blood.
Well there's no way I let you go through with this. I'm the only one to play around with Brodeur. Now I'm pretty skilled with knives and I'd be happy to meet you.
Old 03-14-2010, 12:21 AM    (permalink
Hollywood
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
Well there's no way I let you go through with this. I'm the only one to play around with Brodeur. Now I'm pretty skilled with knives and I'd be happy to meet you.
I want you to clean your vagina.
Old 03-14-2010, 12:21 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
I should introduce you to American Psycho.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 12:22 AM    (permalink
Job
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I knew those were quotes, but yes, you should.
Old 03-14-2010, 05:01 AM    (permalink
Vox Populi
Pro Bowler

Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Brooklyn's Finest was ok, I kind of expected more out of it though.
Vox Populi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 12:05 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
I want you to clean your vagina.
FEED ME A STRAY CAT

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 12:10 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Bale's best movie.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 12:18 PM    (permalink
El Peefs?????
Pro Bowler

El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengals78 View Post
Bale's best movie.
Equilibrium !

El Peefs????? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 12:27 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eP9W04ADO_Y

(embedding was disabled :()

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack

Last edited by Bengals78 : 03-14-2010 at 12:33 PM.
Old 03-14-2010, 01:12 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.avclub.com/articles/enhan...l-3d-ve,39164/

James Cameron is the world's most arrogant and annoying prick.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 03-14-2010, 01:20 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

He should have been "taken care of" back in the late 80's-early 90's.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Old 03-14-2010, 01:21 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

one step closer to my dream of a fully functioning, nonbacktalking, fully lifelike robot of a young kate winslet. first 3d, soon....fully interactive robots.

(hybrid of titanic, terminator, and james cameron's progressive technology)

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 01:50 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
http://www.avclub.com/articles/enhan...l-3d-ve,39164/

James Cameron is the world's most arrogant and annoying prick.
what a money-grubbing *****

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 02:21 PM    (permalink
Hollywood
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengals78 View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eP9W04ADO_Y

(embedding was disabled :()

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QvBAE...eature=channel

Just got to thinking and came to the conclusion that American Psycho is the best book to movie adaptation of all time IMO as far as both the book and the movie being equally entertaining. What a tricky book to 'get' and to translate to the big screen still not quite sure how an unknown Mary Harron was able to pull it off so near perfectly. I mean look at the scene I posted, with that scene she is able to translate the seemingly meaningless chapters of music reviews in the book into the movie flawlessly.

Oliver Stone is a talented guy and so is DiCaprio, but I doubt they would have gotten and captured Bret Easton Ellis so well on the big screen.

Now I just wish somebody would 'get' Glamorama.
Old 03-14-2010, 02:27 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wish they had of "got" The Informers. Super upset with the butchering of that adaptation, as its my favorite of the Ellis novels. The Rules of Attraction movie wasnt all that bad either if I remember correctly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 02:30 PM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've read that Michel Gondry is slated to do a biopic of Deborah Harry & Blondie in those blurred days of post punk/early New Wave in the late 70s soon. Any buzz on the project yet? Kirsten Dunst has said she wants to play Harry.
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 02:33 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

today is Pi day, so watch the awesome Aronofsky movie to commemorate if you've never seen it

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 02:33 PM    (permalink
Hollywood
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
I wish they had of "got" The Informers. Super upset with the butchering of that adaptation, as its my favorite of the Ellis novels. The Rules of Attraction movie wasnt all that bad either if I remember correctly.
The Informers was so terrible I have officially blocked off all knowledge of it ever happening from my mind. I've never held anything bigger than a camera phone before and I honestly feel I could have made a better adaptation than whatever that garbage was.

btw I am reading a BEE interview right now and he mentions how he took Ben Stiller to court, sued him and won because of Zoolander and it's similarities to Glamorama. That one always makes me laugh.
Old 03-14-2010, 02:38 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, I remember reading that. Zoolander was a pimp movie though, so its hard to hate Stiller for it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 02:39 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Yeah, I remember reading that. Zoolander was a pimp movie though, so its hard to hate Stiller for it.
Pimp movie? Don't ever say that again.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 03-14-2010, 02:40 PM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
Watching Tears of the Sun for like the billionth time. Still love it.
Love it too, I was grateful to see an action film with Bruce Willis as something other than a rogue cop. It's beautiful to watch, immaculately photographed, combat sequences orchestrated very well. Watch the scenes of Monica Belucci running in it -- she runs like a girl! You'll lyao.
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 02:42 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Pimp movie? Don't ever say that again.
i laughed out loud

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote