Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 03-22-2010, 01:06 AM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBanger View Post
I'm waiting for you to pick one or two of those movies out and tell me how much you hate them.
Of course you are. You crave the attention.
Old 03-22-2010, 01:37 AM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
So, its been a while since the last time I watched No Country for Old Men... not gonna lie, I forgot just how thought provoking that film was. What is everyone's opinion on the ending, not just the last scene, but just prior to that as well?
It was a disgrace but at the same time a complete relief. I could stop waiting for something to you know... actually happen and just turn it off and walk away thinking why has anyone rated this a good film?

I'm pretty sure that NCFOM will always be the "worst" movie that I ever see as in I went in with high expectations because I had heard 99.9% good things about it and it was just so ordinary, wasn't funny, wasn't dramatic, no action, no twists just nothingness, vast amounts of nothingness.

Funniest thing though is that I have still not seen anyone who could actually explain why they liked it. For instance, Blade Runner, I didn't like it either but people can tell me why they did like it and I can see that angle, NCFOM no one has ever really said anything more than "because" as an explanation for liking it.

Props to BK on the sig!
wogitalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 01:45 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

great acting, dialogue and a story for one

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 02:05 AM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Your list sucks ass because Hook isn't #1.

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 02:27 AM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

Location: "Im against Picketing, but I don't know how to show it"-Mitch Hedberg
josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wogitalia View Post
It was a disgrace but at the same time a complete relief. I could stop waiting for something to you know... actually happen and just turn it off and walk away thinking why has anyone rated this a good film?

I'm pretty sure that NCFOM will always be the "worst" movie that I ever see as in I went in with high expectations because I had heard 99.9% good things about it and it was just so ordinary, wasn't funny, wasn't dramatic, no action, no twists just nothingness, vast amounts of nothingness.

Funniest thing though is that I have still not seen anyone who could actually explain why they liked it. For instance, Blade Runner, I didn't like it either but people can tell me why they did like it and I can see that angle, NCFOM no one has ever really said anything more than "because" as an explanation for liking it.
I think one of the things that makes it so great is how it explores the nature of evil. You follow Chigurgh throughout the movie, understanding what he wants(The money), but when you think about it, what would he do with it if he got it. What motivates pure evil?

This isn't supposed to be an exciting movie, it is supposed to be slow in a way. I mean the Cohen brothers didn't even use music which speeds up a movie and fills space. This movie is about appreciating the dialogue and the nuances. You have to really listen to all the little speeches by Bardem and TLJ.

Im not sure whether you were not paying attention or had your thumb up your ass or what, but that movie was great. Im not going to say it was an all time classic or a masterpiece. But it was an impressive and entertaining movie. Maybe not every movie can be entertaining in the Rambo or Diehard way.
Old 03-22-2010, 02:55 AM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
That's my list guys. It's legit. I was joking about LOA being boring. It is 4 hrs. and very long, but it's also incredible.
+

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBanger
The Good, The Bad and The Ugly is not an awful movie and if it was reasonably cut down to about an 1 hr. and 50 min. then it would probably be quite good.
=

MIND ******* BLOWN

Also, I find it hilarious that you placed a Kurosawa film so high considering how intentionally similar Leone's movies were paced.
Old 03-22-2010, 03:12 AM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Bicycle Thieves is your number one movie?

That movie was........ dull. Not even the little boy version of Jennifer Aniston could save that movie.
Old 03-22-2010, 07:10 AM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
This isn't supposed to be an exciting movie, it is supposed to be slow in a way. I mean the Cohen brothers didn't even use music which speeds up a movie and fills space. This movie is about appreciating the dialogue and the nuances. You have to really listen to all the little speeches by Bardem and TLJ.
See that first line is the problem. Every movie should be exciting, as in it should excite my senses in some way. It had the opposite effect, it dulled me to the point of wanting to bludgeon myself with that sweet weapon that Bardem was carrying around.

TLJ just sounded like some old bitter guy complaining because he let life past him by, I don't know but people like that just **** me, I can't relate to sitting around sulking and I feel no sympathy for anyone who lets themselves get to that point in life. Maybe it's just me but that type of character is just annoying. Bardem pulled off evil, honestly he was really good, but evil has been done before plenty, I liked him but it was like he was acting in an empty room because there was nothing else around him. Like that lone tree out in the desert somewhere just standing there watching nothing happen around it...

Quote:
Im not sure whether you were not paying attention or had your thumb up your ass or what, but that movie was great. Im not going to say it was an all time classic or a masterpiece. But it was an impressive and entertaining movie. Maybe not every movie can be entertaining in the Rambo or Diehard way.
See that's the thing, I don't particularly like either of those movies because they are just fluff for the most part, as I said, I had my hopes up because from what I read it sounded like NCFOM was going to be right up my alley. I watched it twice because I assumed maybe I'd missed something the first time, it was even worse the second time because I knew what was coming. The "best" part of the movie was trying to pick what the absolutely mind blowing twist must be to have people like the movie, that twist just never came it just kept going down the same boring path.

I don't know what it was about the movie, perhaps the expectations but it was just so bad, imo of course. Like I imagine if I didn't read so much about it I would have just turned it off but I figured something must be coming/happening for it to be so well regarded.

For what it's worth, I didn't really like There Will be Blood that year either, same sort of thing, it reminded me of Avatar, only it didn't feel as good. I will say NCFOM was like nothing I have seen before in that it basically had no story, no ending and no point to it.

I just don't know what it is because I really wanted to like it and just cant. 500 Days of Summer was sort of the same last year. That one had the same lets be different for the sake of being different vibe to it and again was just completely underwhelming, that one was meant to be a comedy but I don't remember laughing once and it went from I think attempting comedy to just being rather depressing. Those are probably the two most disappointing movies I've seen based purely on what I expected to what I got.

Then again, I'm one of those that thought Batman Begins was far better than the Dark Knight, despite Heath's efforts so who knows about my taste. I also must throw out that I do not watch movies to critique the camera work or the landscapes or any of that technical garbage, I judge purely on whether or not I was entertained and enjoyed the movie or if at least had some kind of poignant message or lasting image. For instance I wouldn't say that I exactly enjoyed Requiem for a Dream or Trainspotting but I'll be damned if they aren't two of the best movies I have seen. I just didn't get NCFOM or it's appeal.

Having mentioned the Dark Knight, NCFOM is actually very similar, Ledger was better, but outside of that you have a character of pure evil/chaos that is just about perfect and not a hell of a lot else around it, Dark Knight actually attempted to have other things though, NCFOM just seemed happy to have Bardem nail his role and to put absolutely nothing that would take away from that or distract, again, back to my lone tree in the desert...

Props to BK on the sig!
wogitalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 07:58 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Scorsese is still a ******* genius, I'm not sure exactly what people were complaining about with Shutter Island but it was a great movie

and i must know how everyone else interpreted the ending

Old 03-22-2010, 08:10 PM    (permalink
Todd Bertuzzi
All-Pro

Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
Scorsese is still a ******* genius, I'm not sure exactly what people were complaining about with Shutter Island but it was a great movie

and i must know how everyone else interpreted the ending
We had a little discussion about it not too far back.

edit: starts around the bottom of page 903

Last edited by Todd Bertuzzi : 03-22-2010 at 08:16 PM.
Todd Bertuzzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 09:40 PM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

Location: "Im against Picketing, but I don't know how to show it"-Mitch Hedberg
josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
See that first line is the problem. Every movie should be exciting, as in it should excite my senses in some way. It had the opposite effect, it dulled me to the point of wanting to bludgeon myself with that sweet weapon that Bardem was carrying around.

TLJ just sounded like some old bitter guy complaining because he let life past him by, I don't know but people like that just **** me, I can't relate to sitting around sulking and I feel no sympathy for anyone who lets themselves get to that point in life. Maybe it's just me but that type of character is just annoying. Bardem pulled off evil, honestly he was really good, but evil has been done before plenty, I liked him but it was like he was acting in an empty room because there was nothing else around him. Like that lone tree out in the desert somewhere just standing there watching nothing happen around it...

See that's the thing, I don't particularly like either of those movies because they are just fluff for the most part, as I said, I had my hopes up because from what I read it sounded like NCFOM was going to be right up my alley. I watched it twice because I assumed maybe I'd missed something the first time, it was even worse the second time because I knew what was coming. The "best" part of the movie was trying to pick what the absolutely mind blowing twist must be to have people like the movie, that twist just never came it just kept going down the same boring path.

I don't know what it was about the movie, perhaps the expectations but it was just so bad, imo of course. Like I imagine if I didn't read so much about it I would have just turned it off but I figured something must be coming/happening for it to be so well regarded.

For what it's worth, I didn't really like There Will be Blood that year either, same sort of thing, it reminded me of Avatar, only it didn't feel as good. I will say NCFOM was like nothing I have seen before in that it basically had no story, no ending and no point to it.

I just don't know what it is because I really wanted to like it and just cant. 500 Days of Summer was sort of the same last year. That one had the same lets be different for the sake of being different vibe to it and again was just completely underwhelming, that one was meant to be a comedy but I don't remember laughing once and it went from I think attempting comedy to just being rather depressing. Those are probably the two most disappointing movies I've seen based purely on what I expected to what I got.

Then again, I'm one of those that thought Batman Begins was far better than the Dark Knight, despite Heath's efforts so who knows about my taste. I also must throw out that I do not watch movies to critique the camera work or the landscapes or any of that technical garbage, I judge purely on whether or not I was entertained and enjoyed the movie or if at least had some kind of poignant message or lasting image. For instance I wouldn't say that I exactly enjoyed Requiem for a Dream or Trainspotting but I'll be damned if they aren't two of the best movies I have seen. I just didn't get NCFOM or it's appeal.

Having mentioned the Dark Knight, NCFOM is actually very similar, Ledger was better, but outside of that you have a character of pure evil/chaos that is just about perfect and not a hell of a lot else around it, Dark Knight actually attempted to have other things though, NCFOM just seemed happy to have Bardem nail his role and to put absolutely nothing that would take away from that or distract, again, back to my lone tree in the desert...
By exciting I meant in the traditional sense. To me that movie was exciting in the sense that I appreciated it as a film and found it captivating. I suppose you are entitled to your opinion and I really shouldn't have just assumed that because you don't like NCFOM, you only liked more "anti-intellectual" films. Sorry bout that one.

edit As for TLJ, i think his character works in the movie, but it is better finding out some background from the book. But even in the movie, TLJ isn't so much complaining about his time as he is yearning for the past. A past of the gunslingers and "real lawmen" that may not really exist except inside his own mind. His nostalgia and romanticism is just interesting to hear.
Old 03-23-2010, 12:03 AM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have seen way too many ads for that damn Hot Tub Time Machine movie
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 12:56 AM    (permalink
BigBanger
Veteran

BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
Also, I find it hilarious that you placed a Kurosawa film so high considering how intentionally similar Leone's movies were paced.
He's an unoriginal copycat. You said it, and I completely agree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoodooMonkey View Post
The Bicycle Thieves is your number one movie?

That movie was........ dull. Not even the little boy version of Jennifer Aniston could save that movie.
Then go back to watching Transformers: Revenge of Auto Shop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PossibleCabbage View Post
I would like it if there were more successful black Quarterbacks in the NFL...
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
iamcandian lives in a cabin in the Yukon Territory and writes letters to railroad barons about the price of hard tack.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorsBullsFan View Post
I could possibly see Matthew Stafford Dropping out of the 1st round
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoRavens View Post
Tahj Boyd has the best fundamentals of any QB in this class, I think his game translates great to the NFL.
BigBanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 01:15 AM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Then go back to watching Transformers: Revenge of Auto Shop.

I understand it's history and importance and all, but there is no way I can see why that would be anyone's number one film.
Old 03-23-2010, 01:49 AM    (permalink
BigBanger
Veteran

BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoodooMonkey View Post

I understand it's history and importance and all, but there is no way I can see why that would be anyone's number one film.
A guy looked for a stolen bike the entire movie!!!! What else could you ask for?

If this movie was never made, Pee-wee's Big Adventure would not have the inspiration to get made either. Pretty ground breaking stuff. Deserves to be #1. And that's it. Probably the most entertaining movie ever made. I have not heard one person say a negative comment about it, and everyone I know seen it.
Quote:
Quote:
iamcandian lives in a cabin in the Yukon Territory and writes letters to railroad barons about the price of hard tack.
Quote:
Quote:
Tahj Boyd has the best fundamentals of any QB in this class, I think his game translates great to the NFL.
Old 03-24-2010, 12:38 AM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Up in the Air was fantastic. I really enjoyed it. Anna Kendrick <3

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 01:00 AM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Minority Report is so ******* fantastic. It would absolutely be in my own personal top 25, and I think its right up there with Spielberg's best work. Remember when Tom Cruise wasnt crazy, he was just a good actor? Ahhhh how I miss those days.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 01:11 AM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I know Joe Pesci is awesome and all.. but he's especially awesome in Casino.

Casino rules.
Old 03-24-2010, 01:14 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
Minority Report is so ******* fantastic. It would absolutely be in my own personal top 25, and I think its right up there with Spielberg's best work. Remember when Tom Cruise wasnt crazy, he was just a good actor? Ahhhh how I miss those days.
I like Minority Report and all, but there's no way it's close to Raiders of the Lost Ark, Schindler's List, Jaws, Saving Private Ryan, and Munich.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 01:55 AM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Unseen View Post
Up in the Air was fantastic. I really enjoyed it. Anna Kendrick <3
Shut up, she's mine

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"
fischbowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 02:13 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

lies, lies and slander, robert pattinson is yours, someone clearly photoshopped your face on his body and her face on your body

Old 03-24-2010, 10:16 AM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fischbowl View Post
Shut up, she's mine
FINE

Vera Farmiga <3

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 10:42 AM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news/167...in-iron-man-2-

Quote:
"Favreau called and was like, "I've got good news and bad news: This is what's happening in editing but we all really like you." Marvel and Jon had to add another character from the Marvel universe to keep me included" says Munn who sadly didn't elaborate on either of her characters.
does that add truth to the scarlett witch rumor? probably had the voice of rhodey's armor cut out, and then added her into the background as the witch.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 10:51 AM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Scarlett Witch makes no sense in the context of the universe they are creating, because even though she was part of the Avengers for a while, her entire backstory and history is tied into the Xmen. I dont really know how they could explain that one.

And Brodeur...Minority Report is better then Munich. There, I said it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 12:42 PM    (permalink
BigBanger
Veteran

Quote:

No Country for Old Men is a character study. That's the point. I thought the movie was, well, I wouldn't use the term, "exciting," but I was never close to bored. I think it gets better with repeated viewings. The first time I saw it, after all the hype and after all the awards, I was let down. It wasn't what I was expecting, but the further removed I've been of those expectations, the better the movie seems to be for me. Now, I can just watch it for what it is. An older man attempting to come to terms with him no longer being able to do a job he's done all his life. He can't keep up and he's forced into retirement by fear, and he tries to face that fear. That whole inner battle really interests me. I talked about the motel scene in a previous post, and that is one of my all-time favorite scenes in any movie. Every shot is simply mesmerizing to me, and the pacing is perfect.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UuZBw3wUIQk

Look at that opening scene. It's incredible.

I completely agree with you on Batman Begins. It is a vastly better film than The Dark Knight... what closes the gap between the two films, and may make the The Dark Knight equal in comparison, is the difference between the villains. Ledger's performance is just so damn good, The Dark Knight has gotten more viewings in a shorter period of time than Batman Begins for me. I think The Dark Knight falls flat towards the end, and it's mostly with the two-face character... how that plays out just seems silly, forced and unnatural. There is this build up to what I expected to be a great big climactic scene, and then it ends with two-face bitching like a little ******* ****? I think the final narration is perfect, but the five minutes before that is a major let down, especially for a pretty genius script. Christian Bale is also much better in Begins and has a much better character arc in the first film. In the second? He's an afterthought. Other than his significantly deeper voice (which is borderline pathetic)... I can't remember a thing he did in the movie, but then again, The Joker steals the show; when he's not on screen, you wish he was, and when he is on screen, everyone else is insignificant because he simply blows everyone else away. Ledger takes a solid movie, and makes it memorable. When he's not on screen, the movie is significantly not as good or as interesting. He is, literally, the movie.

The Dark Knight might not even be the best superhero film of 2008. Iron Man is pretty great itself, but that too, to me, has a very silly ending and final battle scene. It was a pretty big let down after the first 4/5 of the film had me hooked. It felt like they thought, "Let's throw in a big fight sequence... because we really haven't had that to this point." I also love Robert Downey Jr. performance, but that final 15 minutes... really turned me off. If I want to watch big machines throw stuff around and blow stuff, I'll give Transformers a watch, but I don't, so I wont.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Last edited by BigBanger : 03-24-2010 at 12:45 PM.