Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 03-24-2010, 01:57 PM    (permalink
Jerry's World
Rookie

Jerry's World Jerry's World Jerry's World Jerry's World Jerry's World

OK give me your top five funniest movies of the 2000s.

Here is mine.

1. Anchorman
2. Napoleon Dynamite
3. Superbad
4. The Hangover
5. Bad Santa
Jerry's World is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 02:08 PM    (permalink
Job
Pro Bowler

Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't watch comedies.

1. Love Actually
2. Away We Go
3. Inglourious Basterds
4. Juno
5. The Dark Knight

I didn't actually think about it, so my list is flawed.
Job is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 02:15 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

From what I've seen..

1. The Hangover
2. 40 Year Old Virgin
3. Borat
4. Knocked Up
5. Forgetting Sarah Marshall

WMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 02:19 PM    (permalink
Draft King
All-Pro

Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

In no order

Zoolander
The Hangover
40 Year Old Virgin
Superbad
Old School
Draft King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 03:07 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would put Borat and Anchorman in there for sure. Maybe Napoleon Dynamite and Talledega Nights. I havent gotten the chance to see the Hangover yet. Also Best in Show and A Mighty Wind were great.
Old 03-24-2010, 03:12 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What is the boards opinion of Pineapple Express?

sig by BoneKrusher
Scotty D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 03:13 PM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

my roomate told me Chris Evans is the new captain america is this true?

KCJ58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 03:15 PM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

as for comedy's in the 2000's

in no order

Step Brothers
Pineapple Express
Tropic Thunder
The Hangover
Super Troopers

KCJ58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 03:18 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

None of your lists have High Fidelity and are thus highly invalid.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 03:27 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

High Fidelity was not one of the funniest movies. One of the better movies that is funny, sure.

I'd go:

Hot Fuzz
Superbad
Anchorman
Wet Hot American Summer
Super Troopers, FSM, or Shaun of the Dead
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 03:28 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCJ58 View Post
as for comedy's in the 2000's

in no order

Step Brothers
Pineapple Express
Tropic Thunder
The Hangover
Super Troopers
This but replace The Hangover with Shaun of the Dead

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 03-24-2010, 03:29 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcgee View Post
High Fidelity was not one of the funniest movies. One of the better movies that is funny, sure.

I'd go:

Hot Fuzz
Superbad
Anchorman
Wet Hot American Summer
Super Troopers, FSM, or Shaun of the Dead
I don't happen to see a difference necessarily.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 03-24-2010, 03:30 PM    (permalink
El Peefs?????
Pro Bowler

El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty D View Post
What is the boards opinion of Pineapple Express?
I enjoyed it. The plot is overall pretty tarded but there are a lot of funny moments/scenes. It helps to not be sober.
El Peefs????? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 03:37 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I don't happen to see a difference necessarily.
There might not be. I could give you a whole different list from what I posted, probably with The Royal Tenenbaums at #1, but I was just setting up my list based more on a volume of funny approach with pure comedies.
Old 03-24-2010, 03:44 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Peefs????? View Post
I enjoyed it. The plot is overall pretty tarded but there are a lot of funny moments/scenes. It helps to not be sober.
This pretty much. It's definitely a lot funnier while "in a different mindset".

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 03:48 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Red might be one of my favorite characters ever

"Todays my cats birthday"

I'm just up here, tryin' to get a mother ******* scholarship!

"You just got killed by a Daewoo Lanos, mother ******!"

You see this? You see that? There's no hair under here, bro.

It makes me aerodynamic when I fight. I can take danger.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 03-24-2010, 04:58 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
None of your lists have High Fidelity and are thus highly invalid.
God you are sexy sometimes. High Fidelity is in my personal top 5!

And yes KCJ, Chris Evans is officially the new Captain America.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 05:52 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
All-NFLDC

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Watched Defendor last night and really enjoyed it. Harrelson is pretty ******* incredible. It reminded me of Observe and Report, I am not really sure which one I enjoyed more.
Old 03-24-2010, 05:56 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

funniest movie of 2000 is easily In Bruges
Old 03-24-2010, 05:59 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

That's actually quite true.
Old 03-24-2010, 06:07 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I dunno if I would say funniest of the entire decade, thats a long list, but In Bruges would definitely be top 5. Stuff like Kiss Kiss Bang Bang, The Royal Tenenbaums, Forgetting Sarah Marshall, Super Troopers, 40YOV, Bad Santa, Orange County, Wedding Crashers, High Fidelity, Old School, The Girl Next Door, Shaun of the Dead, and Wet Hot American Summer come to mind. Pick any 5 of those and interchange, really.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 06:11 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
From what I've seen..

1. The Hangover
2. 40 Year Old Virgin
3. Borat
4. Knocked Up
5. Forgetting Sarah Marshall
That's a good list of comedies. I never saw Borat, though.

There are a lot of other good ones, though...

Harold and Kumar, Superbad, Super Troopers, Shaun of the Dead, Hot Fuzz, Beerfest, Grandma's Boy, the Girl Next Door (which I think is pretty damn underrated), Zombieland, etc.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 03-24-2010 at 06:14 PM.
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 06:11 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Wedding Crashers is not a funny movie because it sucks and has Vince Vaughn. Same problem with Old School with the latter issue.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 03-24-2010, 06:16 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
All-NFLDC

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Wedding Crashers is not a funny movie because it sucks and has Vince Vaughn. Same problem with Old School with the latter issue.
Vince Vaughn is hilarious.

Old 03-24-2010, 06:17 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Vince Vaughn is annoying and hasn't been funny since Swingers.

RIP TheManInBlack