Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 05-15-2010, 04:30 PM    (permalink
Whistler6
Pro Bowler

Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
Obviously neither of you saw Adaptation.
Adaptation is awesome, because it not only mocks the recycled, cliche'd movies that are churned out left and right today, but they sold the movie on the exact ideas Charlie Kaufman was making fun of.

Sex, drugs, voilence and big endings sell movies. The character Kaufman wanted to make a movie solely about the beauty of flowers, but instantly sufferes from writer's block while attempting to compose a script.

It's not until he starts borrowing ideas from his brother, adding in sex, drugs and murder, and then making a completely out of the box ridiculous ending, that both his script takes off and the movie actually becomes interesting.

Oh, and the fact that the chubby, shy and akward guy "gets the girl" in the end is just a cherry on top. Adaptation is very underrated.

Whistler6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 04:32 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Rock was a great movie. I watch it every time I see it on.

Watched this the other day with my wife.
All lights off- Ill admit- this was the first horror movie that had my heart pumping.
I was definitely scared at parts...

That's just me though. I highly recommend it to those who haven't seen it.

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 04:40 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whistler6 View Post
Adaptation is awesome, because it not only mocks the recycled, cliche'd movies that are churned out left and right today, but they sold the movie on the exact ideas Charlie Kaufman was making fun of.

Sex, drugs, voilence and big endings sell movies. The character Kaufman wanted to make a movie solely about the beauty of flowers, but instantly sufferes from writer's block while attempting to compose a script.

It's not until he starts borrowing ideas from his brother, adding in sex, drugs and murder, and then making a completely out of the box ridiculous ending, that both his script takes off and the movie actually becomes interesting.

Oh, and the fact that the chubby, shy and akward guy "gets the girl" in the end is just a cherry on top. Adaptation is very underrated.
As much as I love his other movies, Adaptation is, IMO, the film that cements Charlie Kaufman as the smartest man in Hollywood. Hes absolutely brilliant. I love the uniqueness of Being John Malkovich and the romance of ESSM, but the tongue-in-cheek nature of Adaptation is so perfectly done.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 04:54 PM    (permalink
Whistler6
Pro Bowler

Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
As much as I love his other movies, Adaptation is, IMO, the film that cements Charlie Kaufman as the smartest man in Hollywood. Hes absolutely brilliant. I love the uniqueness of Being John Malkovich and the romance of ESSM, but the tongue-in-cheek nature of Adaptation is so perfectly done.
The best part, both Charlie and Donald Kaufman (not real) were nominated for Best Adapted Screenplay. And Donald became the first fictitious person nominated for an Oscar that wasn't based off of a real person or personality. It's hilarious.

Old 05-15-2010, 05:00 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I liked Paranormal Activity, but I figured it wouldn't be as good on DVD as it was in theatres.

WMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 05:15 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
I liked Paranormal Activity, but I figured it wouldn't be as good on DVD as it was in theatres.
My wife calls the living room my "IMAX theatre"
I put a lot of work into it. Big TV wall mounted, surround sound and blue ray.
We can't go to the movies bc of my son (13 months old) so I had to bring the threatre home instead.
Netflix is crack

Old 05-15-2010, 10:23 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just watched Law Abiding Citzen... I loved it, awesome movie.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 10:48 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerLegend View Post

Yea,agree. Good flick.

Old 05-16-2010, 01:14 AM    (permalink
Whistler6
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerLegend View Post
Wait, you're kidding right? The 1st 3/4 of the movie was solid, the build up great, but the end fell completely flat. Terrible ending. There were so many different possibilities, and they settled on that?

Gerard Butler was excellent though.

Old 05-16-2010, 11:27 AM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whistler6 View Post
Wait, you're kidding right? The 1st 3/4 of the movie was solid, the build up great, but the end fell completely flat. Terrible ending. There were so many different possibilities, and they settled on that?

Gerard Butler was excellent though.

I kinda agree. I was a bit disappointed by the ending but it was still overall a good flick though

Old 05-16-2010, 01:12 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I watched the new Nightmare on Elm Street and Iron Man 2 yesterday. Nightmare was better than I expect, but still far from anything to write home about. I'm a huge Jackie Earle Haley fan though and I thought he did a good job. Iron Man 2 was good, but like other I felt underwhelmed.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 01:14 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-L View Post
I watched the new Nightmare on Elm Street and Iron Man 2 yesterday. Nightmare was better than I expect, but still far from anything to write home about. I'm a huge Jackie Earle Haley fan though and I thought he did a good job. Iron Man 2 was good, but like other I felt underwhelmed.

Good to know. My wife and I are both big horror fans so we both wanted to see the new Kruger movie.
Iron Man was great so I definitely want to see the new one.
I'm going to put them on my netflix so I get them in the day they're available

Old 05-16-2010, 03:15 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Been let down by RDJr's last two movies. It was basically just like any other comic book/action movie. At least there was a decent amount of Scarlett though.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 03:35 PM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigaro View Post
It was basically just like any other comic book/action movie.
Except way way better. Honestly, the reason comic movies have sucked is not because they're too mindless, it's because they try to be too serious or try to interpret the comic books too heavily through cinema. It's what killed Spiderman (well...that and ****** writing). The Batman movies are somewhat of an exception because the storytelling in Batman is naturally overly dramatic.

What made the first Iron Man so good was that it was content to be just a flippant as a comic book storyline is. There wasn't a need to indulge in Hollywood cliches because comic book cliches were far more appropriate. The second movie kept that story telling intact and it's the main reason it was still a success.

I thought the second movie rocked.
Old 05-16-2010, 03:45 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

absolutely nothing wrong with the 2nd movie. its not meant to be dissected and cure cancer. its an enjoyable movie that's loyal to both its timeline and the comic source. 2 hours of relaxing and enjoying scarlett.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 03:58 PM    (permalink
ShutDwn
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wait, people actually liked Iron man 2? I thought it was cliche as it could have possibly been. Yeah, Downey Jr. did his thing but it was like every other time he does his thing.

Yes, it is a comic book movie but that doesn't create an excuse to skip the part of making a movie where you give it a story line.

1. The son looking for revenge is one of the oldest bad guy plots ever.

2. We are supposed to think Tony Stark is the coolest but he didn't bone a single chick. He just looked at Scarlett in her tight clothes and never took them off. Not cool.

3. Just because this is Iron Man 2 doesn't mean you need to steal MIB II's old video tape thing. I'm sure there are many other movies with this "twist", I guess it just make me feel all warm and fuzzy inside like everyone else

4. Creating a new element is lame, I question how he created an element in 15 seconds. But who am I to question what one can accomplish in a hollywood montage?

5. Tony's drunken fight was lame, I just wanted it to be over.

6. Thank goodness that sinister villain was nice enough to put a timer on that bomb, I just didn't know if he would swoop in to save the chick.

Oh, and Thor? Really?
Old 05-16-2010, 04:03 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShutDwn View Post
Wait, people actually liked Iron man 2? I thought it was cliche as it could have possibly been. Yeah, Downey Jr. did his thing but it was like every other time he does his thing.

Yes, it is a comic book movie but that doesn't create an excuse to skip the part of making a movie where you give it a story line.

2. We are supposed to think Tony Stark is the coolest but he didn't bone a single chick. He just looked at Scarlett in her tight clothes and never took them off. Not cool.

3. Just because this is Iron Man 2 doesn't mean you need to steal MIB II's old video tape thing. I'm sure there are many other movies with this "twist", I guess it just make me feel all warm and fuzzy inside like everyone else

4. Creating a new element is lame, I question how he created an element in 15 seconds. But who am I to question what one can accomplish in a hollywood montage?

6. Thank goodness that sinister villain was nice enough to put a timer on that bomb, I just didn't know if he would swoop in to save the chick.

Oh, and Thor? Really?
Have you not been paying attention?
Iron Man 2 is just a prelude for the Avengers movie.
Thor will come out next year. This was the set up. Like Jackson at the end of the first. And that should be put in spoilers.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 04:09 PM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Oh, and Thor? Really?
Um, alright? I'm not really sure how people could expect seriousness from this franchise, considering it wasn't there in the first movie in any great excess. Oh, and I'm not sure anyone "steals" from the ******* sequel to Men in Black (and I loved John Slattery as Stark's father).

And can I just point out how ridiculous it is to attack the preposterous technology in a movie called "Iron Man"? At least there is such a thing as a Hadron Collider.
Old 05-16-2010, 05:35 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

its an iron man comic book movie. its not kick-ass or bourne. it has certain things that has to be in the movie. it has to build on the original plus thread new storylines to lead to the avengers. it did its job.

the drunken part was a bit awkward but its an allusion to the comics when iron man was a raging alcoholic and failed everybody.

i just wish a certain redhead would have been naked in it.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Old 05-16-2010, 05:40 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
its an iron man comic book movie. its not kick-ass or bourne. it has certain things that has to be in the movie. it has to build on the original plus thread new storylines to lead to the avengers. it did its job.

the drunken part was a bit awkward but its an allusion to the comics when iron man was a raging alcoholic and failed everybody.

i just wish a certain redhead would have been naked in it.
Kathy Bates?

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Old 05-16-2010, 06:09 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

i would do kathy bates to get to scarlett jo

Prowler's Newb Guide
Old 05-16-2010, 06:11 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Quote:
i would do kathy bates to get to scarlett jo

No shot....I am sorry though

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Old 05-16-2010, 06:49 PM    (permalink
trkaline
Pro Bowler

trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

KIckass now that's a real superhero movie for ya.
trkaline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 07:08 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
Except way way better. Honestly, the reason comic movies have sucked is not because they're too mindless, it's because they try to be too serious or try to interpret the comic books too heavily through cinema. It's what killed Spiderman (well...that and ****** writing). The Batman movies are somewhat of an exception because the storytelling in Batman is naturally overly dramatic.

What made the first Iron Man so good was that it was content to be just a flippant as a comic book storyline is. There wasn't a need to indulge in Hollywood cliches because comic book cliches were far more appropriate. The second movie kept that story telling intact and it's the main reason it was still a success.

I thought the second movie rocked.
I thought this was somewhat 'mindless' as well. The plot was picked straight off the comic book/action movie menu. The whole solution to his element problem was to me lame and completely uncreative. The final fight ended before it started.

It was very light on both action and plot.

Quote:
absolutely nothing wrong with the 2nd movie. its not meant to be dissected and cure cancer. its an enjoyable movie that's loyal to both its timeline and the comic source. 2 hours of relaxing and enjoying scarlett.
You call it relaxing, I call it boring. I don't have a problem with comic book movies that don't involve explosions every two minutes, but at least come up with an interesting and original plot, not 'Man wronged, wants revenge, fails, recruited by rival, fails again, the end'. If you are going to go that route, then you need a lot more suspense and/or action to make up for it.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 07:21 PM    (permalink
The_Dude
Pro Bowler

The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Oh, and Thor? Really?
Thanks a bunch man. :(
The_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote