Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 07-30-2007, 11:12 PM    (permalink
NittanyLion2k7
Pro Bowler

NittanyLion2k7 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default Rivals Classes 04-07, where are they now?

I started a thread like this awhile back where I went back and looked at the top 10 guys from Rivals.com classes. It doesn't seem to be on the board anymore and it's been awhile since i made that one so I supose its time for a new thread updated with new years.

1)Adrian Peterson, RB Oklahoma - Drafted 7th overall in the 07 Draft. Statistically one of the best rb's ever in Oklahoma and College football history... definitely lived up to his billing.
2)Ted Ginn Jr, DB Ohio State - Never actually played a down as a DB if I can recall, but went on to become a pretty explosive playmaker in the WR and punt return game. Drafted 9th overall in the 07 draft but many like myself feel he is overrated...
3)Early Doucet, WR LSU - Will play his senior season at LSU and should be the anchor of a transitioning wr corps. Had a very good jr season posting up 59 catches for 772 yds and 8 tds, definitely a top 3 wr prospect going into the 08 draft.
4)Rhett Bomar, QB Oklahoma - Had a very promising sophormore season where he showcased his talent and leadership... before being kicked out of school for accepting money from a dealership. Is now playing Div 1AA ball I believe...
5)Keith Rivers, LB USC - Has been anchoring the USC LB corp for a few seasons, and will enter his senior season as a Top 5 LB prospect for the 08 draft.
6)Willie Williams, LB Miami - Left Miami because he didn't get along with the Coaching staff. Someone told me he's at Louisville but the Willie Williams there is 6'3" and 300 lbs... I don't know if he put on that much weight. I also found an article that said he transferred to West Virginia... but I didn't find him on their roster.
7)Brandon Miller, DE Georgia - Moved around the Georgia defense and will go into the 08 season as the starting MLB. Hasn't quite lived up to his billing... only starting 15 games the last 3 seasons. If anyone knows why, please let me know.
8)Derrick Harvey, DE Florida - Standout DE going into his *Junior* season as a top DE prospect in the NFL Draft. Collected a whopping 11 sacks in the 07 season and is projected as a Lottery pick. (Thanks for the correction)
9)Jeff Schweiger Jr, DE USC - Injuries derailed his career. He took a year off to recover and is now at San Jose State.
10)Xavier Lee, QB FSU - Ahh Xavier Lee. The Bane of many FSU fans, and the savior for many other FSU fans... mercurial QB in the mold of Michael Vick and is currently competing for the starting spot with Drew Weatherford last I checked. (If it's otherwise please let me know) Hasn't done much in the past 3 seasons and has played spot duty with Weatherford getting most of the starts. I believe he was also invovled in some legal trouble.

2005 Rivals Class
1)Derrick Williams, ATH PSU - Ahhh so much promise. The one player that really brought PSU back into the limelight, contributed with 4 TD's in 7 games before breaknig his arm. Sophormore year I think he put on a little too much weight and the pressure got to him... had only 1 TD. His upcomign Jr. season will be the real test of whether he is a bust or a star. Is now down to 187 lbs from his weight of 200+ last season.
2)Patrick Turner, WR USC - Another 6'5" USC WR? Sure thing. Like Williams and Jarrett, Turner is just as productive and possibly a bit faster of a WR prospect. He's definitely on the radar for NFL scouts and if he turns in a productive season he will find himself as the leader of the USC Wr corps. Currently holds one of the starting WR spots.
3)Eugene Monroe, OL Virginia - It always raises eyebrows for me when I see top prospects go to Virginia... I don't follow them at all so somone will have to fill me in on his progress.
4)Melvan Alaeze, DE Maryland - A very highly coveted DE prospect for this class, it was down to the wire PSU and Maryland and Maryland got him... But he never played a down for them, was released before his freshmen year due to drug charges. Bounced around in Hargrave for a bit and is now on the Illinois squad. However I couldn't find him on their roster or depth chart on the Rivals Illinois site.
5)Rey Maulauga, LB USC - One of the tandem of USC LB's seemingly going straight to the pro's... is currently the starting Strongside OLB I believe. A very good prospect for the NFL, I'd say one of the Top 10 in college football right now.
6)Fred Rouse, WR FSU - Kicked out of FSU for "conduct detrimental to the team." An ultra talented and very fast wr int he mold of Randy Moss, but with a nasty thug like attitude, Fred Rouse was the shining jewel of the 2005 FSU class. After one season, he was kicked out and is currently playing for Texas El Paso. He is listed as backup on their depth chart.
7)Mark Sanchez, QB Usc - Despite what many will have praise for John David Booty, USC fans still beleive Mark Sanchez is easily more talented and should have been the startnig QB last season. While he hasn't yet played a meaningful down for USC, he has run in a bit of trouble as a woman claimed he sexually assaulted her... but those charges were dropped. Should be a starter next season in his Jr. Year. Currently is the backup to JDB.
8)Martellus Bennett, TE A&M - A dual sport athlete, he tried to play for both football and basketball teams early on but is now focusing solely on football. Highly productive and a true receiving threat, the 6'7" Bennett is one of the top TE's in college football. Needs improvement on blocking however.
9)Reginald Youngblood, OL Miami - I think he's a two year starter at LT but hasn't come played up to his accolades. Rivals comments that his "footwork is unmatched" and that he has the ability to get nasty and make you eat turf. I don't think Miami fans will attest he's quite either of those compliments... he's definitely not one of the top LT's in college football.
10)Jonathan Stewart, RB Oregon - Overshadowed a bit by his southern counterpart Adrian Peterson, it is important to note Stewart has been a star in his own right in the pacific Northwest. A scary beast with power, really a punshign runner... Stewart notched 984 yards and 10 tds last year. Should be a breakout star this year.

2006 Rivals Class

1)Percy Harvin, ATH Florida - Absolutely explosive player. This is what Derrick Williams would have been like in a wide open non conservative offense. Cracked the starting lineup as a true freshmen adn ran wild, catching passes and running the ball. Is one of the top playmakers in all of college football and his future looks bright.
2)Andre Smith, OL Alabamba - I don't know anything about him.
3)Chris Wells, RB OSU - Started as a true freshmen I believe, and is a pretty good RB. At the moment I'd say he's probably the 3rd best RB in the Big Ten, which is saying alot for a true Sophormore. A physical specimen, he has good speed for a player his size but needs to fix his fumbling problem. Has a bright future ahead and should be playing on sundays in the future.
4)Gerald McCoy, DT Oklahoma - Redshirted hsi freshmen year. Is currently the backup for one of the DT spots.
5)Sergio Kindle, LB Texas - Played as a backup his freshmen year, this speedy LB showed promise and was competing for a starting spot this summer... was recently arrested for DWI and it's unsure how this will affect his playing time/future.
6)Matt Stafford, QB Georgia - Played his freshmen year and played exactly like a freshmen. Played musical chairs with Joe Terenshki or whatever his name is. Is now the starting QB for Georgia in his true sophormore year.
7)Vidal Hazelton, WR USC - Another recruit that almost chose PSU... Hazelton is a blend of size and route running that draws comparisions to Terrel Owens. He is currently slated as the starter opposite Patrick Turner.
8)C.J. Spiller, RB Clemson - A blistering runner with lightning quick moves, he draws comparisions to none other than Reggie Bush. While he isn't quite as dynamic or creative, he is easily one of the fastest players in college football and definitely one of the most explosive.
9)Allen Bradford, LB USC - If I recall he was originally listed as a RB but Rivals later changed him to LB. Still the decision to choose USC was puzzling since they are relatively stacked at both positions. Hasn't earned any playing time yet and is buried on the depth chart.
10)Mitch Mustain, QB Arkansas - Easily the best freshmen QB last year, he was on his way to a solid Sophormore season before coach firings left him transferrign to USC. He showed poise and the ability to connect on deep balls and looked like he woudl be a 4 year starter at Arkansas. Now he will have to fight for playing time against the likes of Mark Sanchez and Aaron Corp.

Last edited by NittanyLion2k7 : 08-01-2007 at 12:52 AM. Reason: update
NittanyLion2k7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 11:25 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bomar is at Sam Houston State

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 11:38 PM    (permalink
BUSTKUNTLAWL
Veteran

BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Willie is at Louisville
Old 07-30-2007, 11:50 PM    (permalink
Jericho@SC
Rookie

Jericho@SC is a cocksman.Jericho@SC is a cocksman.Jericho@SC is a cocksman.Jericho@SC is a cocksman.Jericho@SC is a cocksman.

Jeff Schweiger transfered out of 'SC last year. Injuries, health, loss of weight led him to be passed up in the depth chart and he couldn't fight his way back in.
Jericho@SC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 12:10 AM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jericho@SC View Post
Jeff Schweiger transfered out of 'SC last year. Injuries, health, loss of weight led him to be passed up in the depth chart and he couldn't fight his way back in.
wheres he now?

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 12:40 AM    (permalink
Michigan
Who wants to sex Mutombo?
Pro Bowler

Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neko4 View Post
wheres he now?
Transferred to San Jose State. Sitting out this year, will play 08.
Old 07-31-2007, 12:36 PM    (permalink
constant cough
Rookie

constant cough hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Early sure was a man amoungst boys back in high school.
constant cough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 02:27 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSTKUNTLAWL View Post
Willie is at Louisville
And it wasn't kicked/dropped out, he transfered because he didn't get along with the coaching staff.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 02:34 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by constant cough View Post
Early sure was a man amoungst boys back in high school.
He still is.. Especially that boy Earl Bennett.. MAKE IT RAIN!

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 02:36 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigan View Post
Transferred to San Jose State. Sitting out this year, will play 08.
For the love of God.. Why would he do such a thing? He should've gone to Cal

Old 07-31-2007, 04:24 PM    (permalink
Michigan
Who wants to sex Mutombo?
Pro Bowler

Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAYareaRB View Post
i'm pretty sure transferring within a conference has its own set of rules (no financial aid, sit out season) that make it more difficult than transferring to another conference. besides, san jose state is on the uprise with dick tomey and will be very competitive in the WAC for the forseeable future.
Old 07-31-2007, 04:31 PM    (permalink
HoopsDemon12
Pro Bowler

HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
8)Derrick Harvey, DE Florida - Standout DE going into his Senior season as a top DE prospect in the NFL Draft. Collected a whopping 11 sacks in the 07 season and is projected as a Lottery pick.

i thought he was going into his junior season?

Sig By Diehardvikingfan
HoopsDemon12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 10:54 PM    (permalink
cgrsly57
Rookie

cgrsly57 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Hes from San Jose so it makes sense
Old 07-31-2007, 11:21 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I thought Willie was the consensus top LB, ahead of Rivers? He's about 6'3 220, so I guess they made a mistake on the site.

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 11:33 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Also for Youngblood, he started one season that was injury plagued. He is impressive at times when healthy and him at RT and Fox at LT should definitely help whoever is at QB.

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 08-01-2007, 12:34 AM    (permalink
NittanyLion2k7
Pro Bowler

NittanyLion2k7 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Yea so I couldn't find anything on Willie Williams. He seems to have dropped off the face of this earth. A few guys ont hose lists are MIA. Melvan Alaeze as well.
NittanyLion2k7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 01:37 AM    (permalink
JETS5128
Pro Bowler

JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Willie is on louisville's roster...
http://uoflsports.cstv.com/sports/m-...ootbl-mtt.html

Sig by Me
JETS5128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 01:41 AM    (permalink
BUSTKUNTLAWL
Veteran

BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Melvin Alaeze is likely going to Prison last I heard.

He got kicked out of Maryland very quickly. Then ended up at Illinois, but left for "personal reasons". It has never been officially confirmed, but he never went to class & was a lunatic on campus at Illinois.

And now here is the real downfall:

"Alaeze has been charged with attempted first-degree murder, first-degree assault, armed robbery, car theft and use of a hand gun in the commission of a violent crime."

It's pretty safe to say his career is over. Considering he might be going to jail for life.
Old 08-01-2007, 01:47 AM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

Andre Smith OL, Alabama. He's a beast. I believe he started a few games. Also has a TD catch when they ran a play for the eligable tackle to catch a pass.

Old 08-01-2007, 01:53 AM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

Smith is definitely a beast. Also Oklahoma coaches love McCoy, he's gonna be sick.

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 08-01-2007, 01:54 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Andre Smith OL, Alabama. He's a beast. I believe he started a few games. Also has a TD catch when they ran a play for the eligable tackle to catch a pass.
I thought he started every game.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 01:57 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Also Beanie Wells didn't start.
Old 08-01-2007, 02:00 AM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNIPER26 View Post
I thought he started every game.
I wasn't sure so I said I believe..

Old 08-01-2007, 02:00 AM    (permalink
HoopsDemon12
Pro Bowler

HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.

Rey Maulauga is the starting ILB... not strongside

Sig By Diehardvikingfan
HoopsDemon12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 02:17 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
I wasn't sure so I said I believe..
I know. I'm not trying to be a prick just pointing it out.