Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 08-01-2007, 06:04 PM    (permalink
Billingsley26
Pro Bowler

Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.
Default Dayne Crist

Can anyone explain to me why he chose to go to Notre Dame? I mean I think hes a solid prospect, but I hope hes aware that he will be 2nd to Jimmy Clausen until Clausen absolutley unravels. I thought this kind of a weird decision. Any explanation?
Billingsley26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 06:13 PM    (permalink
bwillie26
Veteran

bwillie26 could make a wolverine purr.bwillie26 could make a wolverine purr.bwillie26 could make a wolverine purr.bwillie26 could make a wolverine purr.bwillie26 could make a wolverine purr.bwillie26 could make a wolverine purr.

Can Clausen throw a pass in-game before everyone proclaims him the second coming?

The last guy who went to Notre Dame who played QB and had this much hype didn't pan out as well as originally thought. He could go on Regis & Kathy Lee to throw passes, but not as well during games.
Old 08-01-2007, 06:18 PM    (permalink
Billingsley26
Pro Bowler

Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwillie26 View Post
Can Clausen throw a pass in-game before everyone proclaims him the second coming?

The last guy who went to Notre Dame who played QB and had this much hype didn't pan out as well as originally thought. He could go on Regis & Kathy Lee to throw passes, but not as well during games.
I beg to differ that point about Quinn. All im saying is that he could be as far back as 3rd.
Old 08-01-2007, 06:25 PM    (permalink
Michigan
Who wants to sex Mutombo?
Pro Bowler

Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billingsley26 View Post
Can anyone explain to me why he chose to go to Notre Dame? I mean I think hes a solid prospect, but I hope hes aware that he will be 2nd to Jimmy Clausen until Clausen absolutley unravels. I thought this kind of a weird decision. Any explanation?
What makes you think Crist is anything more than backup material? His film isn't that impressive...
Old 08-01-2007, 06:34 PM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Crist has got the a rocket arm, but is pretty precise with his throws as well. Crist figures that Claussen will leave after his Junior year, giving him two seasons to play under Charlie Weiss in Notre Dame. The offense fits his style much more than a spread or WCO.

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.
Giants, ASU Sun Devils, Yankees
Turtlepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 06:35 PM    (permalink
Billingsley26
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigan View Post
What makes you think Crist is anything more than backup material? His film isn't that impressive...
Well, he was at the Elite 11 camp, and had offers from ND, LSU and USC as his top 3.
Old 08-01-2007, 06:35 PM    (permalink
bwillie26
Veteran

bwillie26 could make a wolverine purr.bwillie26 could make a wolverine purr.bwillie26 could make a wolverine purr.bwillie26 could make a wolverine purr.bwillie26 could make a wolverine purr.bwillie26 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
I beg to differ that point about Quinn. All im saying is that he could be as far back as 3rd.
I'm not even talking about Quinn. Brady Quinn was nowhere near as touted as Clausen. Nowhere near as touted as Ron Powlus (the QB I was referring to in the first place), either.
Old 08-01-2007, 06:36 PM    (permalink
Billingsley26
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I'm not even talking about Quinn. Brady Quinn was nowhere near as touted as Clausen. Nowhere near as touted as Ron Powlus (the QB I was referring to in the first place), either.
O, ok. Because Quinn went on Regis and Kelly and threw a ball there as well.
Old 08-01-2007, 08:29 PM    (permalink
bwillie26
Veteran

^

Notice I said Regis & Kathy Lee. Going a little bit back in the day on you. ;)
Old 08-01-2007, 08:31 PM    (permalink
Billingsley26
Pro Bowler

Quote:
^

Notice I said Regis & Kathy Lee. Going a little bit back in the day on you. ;)
Got a little ahead of myself there. lol. I just saw Regis and thought immediately that you were talking about Quinn. lol.
Old 08-02-2007, 12:05 AM    (permalink
jbeans187
Veteran

jbeans187 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.jbeans187 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I hope Crist beats out Clausen

Leroy Smith - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=koGD6XnAsNs
jbeans187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 12:15 AM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbeans187 View Post
I hope Crist beats up Clausen
that's much better...
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 12:40 AM    (permalink
jbeans187
Veteran

jbeans187 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.jbeans187 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soybean View Post
that's much better...
Nice, either one is good for me

Leroy Smith - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=koGD6XnAsNs
jbeans187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 02:14 AM    (permalink
rainbeaukid2
All-Pro

rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

crist is a ****** man-child. he torched us twice although we still beat him once
Old 08-03-2007, 01:33 PM    (permalink
Axl Rose
Rookie

Axl Rose is a cocksman.Axl Rose is a cocksman.Axl Rose is a cocksman.Axl Rose is a cocksman.Axl Rose is a cocksman.

Quote:
Dayne Crist is all you ask for in a QB, hes got all the mental tools, and definitely all the physical ones as well. But hes still young and being groomed for the QB position for a couple of years behind some one as knowledgeable Jimmy Clausen will only help. Besides I have a feeling if all goes well for Jimmy he might declare for the draft early and Crist could start by his red shirt sophomore year.
Old 08-03-2007, 01:37 PM    (permalink
Axl Rose
Rookie

Axl Rose is a cocksman.Axl Rose is a cocksman.Axl Rose is a cocksman.Axl Rose is a cocksman.Axl Rose is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigan View Post
LOL, but John Weinke's was right? I guess all the offers from schools like LSU, Nebraska, USC, Florida State, and yes even Michigan don't mean anything right?
Old 08-08-2007, 12:43 PM    (permalink
Burdmanindaclub

Jimmy Clausen will be a bust mark it down!! On August 8th at 1:42 PM I said he will be a bust, He's going to be another over hyped qb that goes to stupid ND.

I was watching a video on rivals, and they said Crist has more of a upside then Jimmy Clausen, but it is dumb why would Crist go somewhere he may not play till his junior or senior season, he could have easily gone to any other D-1 school and start pretty much anywhere his freshman year.
Old 08-08-2007, 05:31 PM    (permalink
Axl Rose
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burdmanindaclub View Post
Jimmy Clausen will be a bust mark it down!! On August 8th at 1:42 PM I said he will be a bust, He's going to be another over hyped qb that goes to stupid ND.

I was watching a video on rivals, and they said Crist has more of a upside then Jimmy Clausen, but it is dumb why would Crist go somewhere he may not play till his junior or senior season, he could have easily gone to any other D-1 school and start pretty much anywhere his freshman year.
Unfortunately there seem to be a lot of people wanting Clausen to bust just out of spite, living up to the hype will be difficult but hes a hard worker and a student of the game, I think he has a very good chance to be a special player.

As for Crist, I agree hes a stud but throwing him in to the fire as a freshmen is a bad idea. There have been countless stud QB's coming out of HS that people thought could start right away like Kyle Wright, Xavier Lee, Anthony Morelli, Ryan Perollieux, ect. Its better for him to learn for a year or two IMO.
Old 08-08-2007, 06:50 PM    (permalink
WildDude
All-Pro

WildDude hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Kyle Wright might even lose his starting job as well as Anthony Morelli if he dosent shape up cause hes got pat devlin waiting and it all depends on pats development we'll see what happens, i think Christ has a chance cause i personally think Demetrius is gonna win the job hes the kind of qb weis never had someone who can actually move
WildDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 12:06 AM    (permalink
JayP
Rookie

JayP wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JayP wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JayP wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JayP wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JayP wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JayP wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JayP wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JayP wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JayP wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JayP wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JayP wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Could it be that Crist, like all those LBs and RBs that go to USC, wants to prove himself against the best? Yes, he could have went somewhere else and been a starter instantly, but what challenge is that?

Hate Clausen all you want, but he was the #1 QB recruit last year, and put up sick stats his senior year with bone spurs in his throwing arm. Jones was an Army All-American. Sharpley was Michigan's Gatorade POY.

Yet Crist thinks he could step in there and be the starter in short order. Kid's got sack, and I'm glad he's gonna be Irish.
JayP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 12:25 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axl Rose View Post
LOL, but John Weinke's was right? I guess all the offers from schools like LSU, Nebraska, USC, Florida State, and yes even Michigan don't mean anything right?
Weinke is good too, rated one of the most accurate QBs this year but we're not blowing him left and right.

Crist is a very good QB who I think will end up beating out/up Clausen. I think he's got a strong arm, moves around fairly well and can put the ball in tight spots. Doesn't seem to be as much as a ***** as Clausen is.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 12:27 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayP View Post
Could it be that Crist, like all those LBs and RBs that go to USC, wants to prove himself against the best? Yes, he could have went somewhere else and been a starter instantly, but what challenge is that?

Hate Clausen all you want, but he was the #1 QB recruit last year, and put up sick stats his senior year with bone spurs in his throwing arm. Jones was an Army All-American. Sharpley was Michigan's Gatorade POY.

Yet Crist thinks he could step in there and be the starter in short order. Kid's got sack, and I'm glad he's gonna be Irish.
Whoa whoa whoa whoa wait...The best? He would have gone to SC to match up with the best QBs. Sanchez is a former Parade HS POY and Mustain was the #1 QB in his class. Isn't Aaron Corp, another highly touted QB headed there too?

Clausen, for the last time, had sick stats because he played weak competition and was adept at putting the ball in Marc Tyler's gut. Always helps when you have 10 D-1 players on your team playing a bunch of nobodies.
Old 08-09-2007, 12:31 AM    (permalink
WildDude
All-Pro

WildDude hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Clausen didnt go to SC cause he was terrified of competition i give credit to christ... clausen thought he had the job at ND all locked up since Brady Quinn is graduating well clausens got another thing coming
WildDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 12:56 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildDude View Post
Clausen didnt go to SC cause he was terrified of competition i give credit to christ... clausen thought he had the job at ND all locked up since Brady Quinn is graduating well clausens got another thing coming
Don't you know Clausen is getting 4 Heismans and 4 NCs?
Old 08-09-2007, 01:25 AM    (permalink
JayP
Rookie

JayP wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JayP wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JayP wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JayP wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JayP wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JayP wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JayP wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JayP wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JayP wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JayP wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JayP wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNIPER26 View Post
Whoa whoa whoa whoa wait...The best? He would have gone to SC to match up with the best QBs. Sanchez is a former Parade HS POY and Mustain was the #1 QB in his class. Isn't Aaron Corp, another highly touted QB headed there too?

Clausen, for the last time, had sick stats because he played weak competition and was adept at putting the ball in Marc Tyler's gut. Always helps when you have 10 D-1 players on your team playing a bunch of nobodies.
According to your logic, Tyler's as bad as Clausen, since he played against the same weak competition, and also had 10 D-1 players against the same bunch of nobodies...well, at least until he broke his leg that is.

Sanchez is a headcase waiting to implode. Mustain has serious mommy-attachment issues, and also was on a HS team with 4 D-1 prospects on the offensive side of the ball. If his mom imploded because he had to hand off to a freakin' Heisman Trophy candidate RB, what is she gonna do when he's second fiddle to the other talent at USC? And Corp was a 2 star until he pledged to USC, then he miraculously leaped up to a 4 star...even won California POY because the sportswriters were pissed that Jimmy spurned USC. Sad thing is, the kid obviously has a vote of no confidence from Carroll, considering Petey was still chasing Clausen up until the last minute then turned around and promised Crist he'd start ahead of Corp. Plus, most USC fans I know are banking on Matt Barkley to sign in '09 and take over as a 3-4 year starter.

USC's QB depth is good in name only. It'll be interesting to see how their QBs do under 100% Sarkesian tutoring and no remnants of Norm Chow training.
JayP is offline   Reply With Quote