Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 02-03-2010, 12:22 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Interesting stuff Josh. I'm convinced he's going to be a big time player.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 10:30 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rutgers picked up another RB today. Casey Turner who had committed to us and then decomitted to go to UNC has recommitted.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 02-03-2010, 10:51 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Rutgers picked up another RB today. Casey Turner who had committed to us and then decomitted to go to UNC has recommitted.
we are kicking ass!
we've got a lot of young RB talent: Martinek, Brooks, WIlliams and now Turner. hot damn
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 10:59 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
we are kicking ass!
we've got a lot of young RB talent: Martinek, Brooks, WIlliams and now Turner. hot damn
Jourdan Brooks is gone. He transferred last month to a smaller school. Look for Williams, Turner, and another Jawan Jamison to take the load this year. I think Martinek might just be a goal line back now. Jamison was another big recruit we got last week.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 02-03-2010, 11:05 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Jourdan Brooks is gone. He transferred last month to a smaller school. Look for Williams, Turner, and another Jawan Jamison to take the load this year. I think Martinek might just be a goal line back now. Jamison was another big recruit we got last week.
I totally missed that, but not surprised. It's a shame, he should've gotten much more carries than he did towards the end of the year. I'm not sure Schiano will turn it over to the freshmen just yet. I see Jersey Joe staying as our steady #1, but taking a lighter load. Our O could be deadly, with Savage and Sanu getting a year under their belts and this talented RB group, 2 pretty good TE's. It just depends who steps up opposite Sanu...and that we don't get obsessed with this wildcat. It's good, but if it gets over 10 plays a game, I won't be all too happy.
Quote:
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
Old 02-03-2010, 11:15 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

I agree with the WildCat. Savage is too good to run it that often. Also, WR will be fine. We have Harrison who started to come on at the end of the year and others who were waiting in the wings. Throw in Coleman and Deering from this year and we're set. I'm more pumped with the defense and how great our secondary is going to be. I can really see a special team in 2011 when Savage is a junior.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 02-03-2010, 11:58 AM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

Location: "Im against Picketing, but I don't know how to show it"-Mitch Hedberg
josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

With the running back situation, everyone needs to remember Schiano's love of experience. While some may think that Martinek is just a goal line back( I do not), Martinek has experience so he will most likely get every opportunity to start and it probably will be his job to lose even if Schiano says its an open competition.

With regards to the future, our offense may very well suffer a bit this year with the loss of the majority of our O-line. Davis, Haslam, and Blaze are gone and the guys that will most likely step in are unknown quantities. Also, Timmy, our one deep threat is gone. I understand Sanu is great, but this year none of the highly touted guys stepped up to be the slot guy and next year we will need a slot and a number 2 across from sanu.

On defense, other than the loss of Mccourty, it should be fine if not better. Our depth on defense is fantastic with Abreu and Beauharunius being able to step in for Dimperio and Munoz. George Johnson's loss won't be such a big deal with Freeney really growing up last year and Silvestro being very solid if not a dynamic pass rusher. Even with the influx of young talent, I am a bit concerned about the secondary, but hopefully we have so many options, some will work out.

Last edited by josh07039 : 02-03-2010 at 12:00 PM.
josh07039 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 12:02 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

I like Martinek but I'm not sure if Schiano was happy with him. You're probably right though he will get the majority of the carries.

I think the line will take a step back but I like Forst and Ruch to really step it up this year.

I heard we moved Witherspoon to DE so it's going to be interesting to see if he can get on to the field.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 02-03-2010, 01:35 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

Let's also hope guys like Rowe and Givens step up under pressure for us in the secondary
Quote:
Old 02-03-2010, 01:43 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
Let's also hope guys like Rowe and Givens step up under pressure for us in the secondary
Don't forget about Logan Ryan who was one of the big recruits we got last year. The secondary has some serious young talent.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 02-03-2010, 08:49 PM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

Location: "Im against Picketing, but I don't know how to show it"-Mitch Hedberg
josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

One player that I am really excited about in this recruiting class is Ken Kirksey, a DT from Florida. From what I have seen and heard about him, he seems like he could end up being a really disruptive force up front. Supposedly at around 285 he has 4.6 speed, so he is a really explosive athlete. If harnessed properly, he could be a beast.
Old 04-26-2010, 01:17 PM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just giving Rutgers some love! Savage and Sanu are two of my fav players in the NCAA!

oh and McCourty <3

#MoncriefArmy
Wootylicous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 01:19 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Yay Woot!!! We're glad to have you.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 04-26-2010, 01:43 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

we've converted woot! yessss <3
Quote:
Old 04-26-2010, 01:47 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Beauharnis is going to be a big time player also. He didn't get as much pub as Savage and Sanu but he was wrecking people on D.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 04-26-2010, 01:51 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Also, Corcoran to the Texans and Haslam to the Jaguars. Has Brown signed with anyone yet?

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 04-26-2010, 01:53 PM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I will watch Rutgers closely next year! Beauharnis will be the guy I watch closely.

#MoncriefArmy
Wootylicous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 11:59 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

George Johnson to the Bucs.
Scotty's boy Damaso Munoz to the Bears.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 07-09-2010, 03:59 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How accurate is this depth chart looking?

Depth Chart

Sig by BoneKrusher
Hurricanes25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 04:54 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

It's pretty accurate but I think RB and CB will be totally different a couple of games into season.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 07-09-2010, 07:02 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

yea that's a good depth chart, and as GF1080 said, if the young guys prove their worth and outplay the older guys, they'll take over. to start off the year, that looks like our lineup though
Quote:
Old 07-22-2010, 09:52 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

i bought a red vuvuzela today. i really wanna bring it to games next year haha.
also, I want a Rutgers hard hat.
also, you all should come to lots of games, and lemme know! we can have real life meetings and you can hang at my apartment and party rutgers style!
Quote:
Old 07-22-2010, 09:55 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Please don't bring it to the games haha, that's all we need. I'm debating buying season tix now that I have a real job but I'm not sure if I'll have as much extra money as I thought. I'll come watch away Ru games at your place though wink wink.

sig by BoneKrusher

Last edited by Giantsfan1080 : 07-22-2010 at 10:22 PM.
Old 07-22-2010, 09:57 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

yay!
also, rutgers hard hats are 35 bucks? lame!
Quote:
Old 07-25-2010, 11:35 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Yeah that's pretty ridiculous. Maybe Scarlet Fever or Jersey Books has it cheaper?

sig by BoneKrusher