Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 09-02-2008, 08:44 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
oh, and Joe Lefeged WILL kill someone. He just flies everywhere and DRILLS people. I LOVE him. He's just everywhere and anhilates people. He rules
Yeah I heard his name a lot, him and DeImperio and... well, all of the LBs were making plays for Rutgers. Abreu was everywhere and Malast was making a lot of plays as well. If you guys are interested, I'll do a game synapsis for Rutgers when I do my write-up tomorrow and evaluate some of the players. It won't be nearly as detailed as Britt or Greene, but it will at least give you an idea of how each of them performed.

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 08:45 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
Yeah I heard his name a lot, him and DeImperio and... well, all of the LBs were making plays for Rutgers. Abreu was everywhere and Malast was making a lot of plays as well. If you guys are interested, I'll do a game synapsis for Rutgers when I do my write-up tomorrow and evaluate some of the players. It won't be nearly as detailed as Britt or Greene, but it will at least give you an idea of how each of them performed.
i could help too if you want. I loved our D, but damn they just got tired at the end. Played like **** the last few drives, but they were exhausted. on the field WAY too much
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 08:50 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
i could help too if you want. I loved our D, but damn they just got tired at the end. Played like **** the last few drives, but they were exhausted. on the field WAY too much
That would be great. I was writing a lot so I couldnt catch spelling, and with the commentators they have I though it was spelled LeFev. I didn't catch positions like I wanted to, but I was going by names and planned on checking the team site for that sort of info. I know your one DT had a great game, but I can't remember.. just remembered... Tvertov. That was a name I had to fix after I got a look at him close up.

Old 09-02-2008, 08:53 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
That would be great. I was writing a lot so I couldnt catch spelling, and with the commentators they have I though it was spelled LeFev. I didn't catch positions like I wanted to, but I was going by names and planned on checking the team site for that sort of info. I know your one DT had a great game, but I can't remember.. just remembered... Tvertov. That was a name I had to fix after I got a look at him close up.
Tverdov is his name.
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 08:55 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Tverdov is his name.
OK, like i said, not much time to check names, but I may have that down instead of what I typed just now, I don't have the write-up in front of me.

Old 09-04-2008, 11:51 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Sorry I didn't get that up last night, had a bad day and wasn't really in the mood. Just felt like relaxing. I'll probably post it tonight.

Old 09-04-2008, 05:32 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

I got this up. (Here come the ***** jokes) Its posted in the Eagles team thread and I will post it here for you guys as well. I decided not to do a whole team evaluation for a few reasons: Those of you that watched already know how everybody did to an extent, and (not to be rude) since you lost a deeper evaluation probably wouldn't go over well.

Here is my evaluation from Monday's Rutgers/ Fresno state game focusing particualarly on WR Kenny Britt and SS Courtney Greene. One thing to say though, both of these positions are dificult to fully evaluate because the camera isn't always focused on their part of the field.

Britt had 6 receptions for 89 yards with a 14.8 ypc avg. Four of his catches were for first downs, but had three drops. Two of those drops are not all on him though, poor throws by Teel didn't help his cause. He was thrown to the most of any of Rutgers receivers, a total of 14 times. He had one (what I would call) star play. His first reception was a WR screen, which he turned into a 41 yard gain. He showed very good strength and good elusiveness in Mondays game. He also not only showed the willingness to block, but good form as well, and didn't let his man make the tackle. With his size, he has an advantage over almost any CB, and though he didn't have any jump ball opportunites, he certainly would win them on many occasions. Overall is very explosive for hsi size and is a good receiver after the catch. He had an average game on Monday. I tallied up his total number of positive plays (nice catches, playmaking, blocking, etc.)with the total number of negative plays (dropped balls, poor blocks[though he had none], and mental mistakes, etc) and from what I gathered, he had a total of 8 positive points (he got 2 points for his 41 yard catch) and three negative points. Once again, there are probably much more positives and negatives, but since I don't have the proper camera angles, I can only go off of what I saw. A good game from Britt, nothing special.

Greene. RU's best defnesive player had a solid game on Monday, though the LBs were playing very well and limited some of his opportunites. He had 7 tackles, 6 of which solo, 1 TFL, 1 missed tackles, 0 passes defended, 0 INTs, and gave up 0 TDs, and had no (what I would call) star plays. Had a relatively quiet game thanks to many Rutgers defensive players stepping it up, especially the LBs, but Greene was near the action on a lot of plays. Where he made most of his tackles were in the running game. If I remember correctly, 5 of his tackles were against a RB, and the other 2 were coming up in short passes. Once again, since he is a Safety, I do not have the proper camera angles to fully evaluate how he did, and can only go from what I saw. But he is excellent in run support for a safety, as billed. Took great angles in run support as well. He did a good job of covering a very good TE in Pasco for Fresno. He was in on two throws that were incomplete. He didn't make many plays in the passing game, but didn't give up any either. Had a solid game, but like Britt, was not excellent. He had a total of 6 positive points (tackles, PBU, INT, etc.) and two negative points (missed tackles, big plays against, mental mistakes, etc) There are only 6 positive points because two of his tackles were sloppy (didn't wrap as good as he could have), but he made the tackle nonetheless.

Well those are my evaluations for Rutgers (arguably) two best players. Hipe you enjoy them. If you disagree on any of the things I brought up, let me know, and I will give explanations and listen to yours. I have no problem being told I'm wrong, as long as I'm being told so in a respectful manner. (i.e. swear words, etc) I really don't think there is too much that I goofed though.

Old 09-09-2008, 05:52 PM    (permalink
Jonny
Veteran

Jonny is a cocksman.Jonny is a cocksman.Jonny is a cocksman.

I thought Britt played great. Slightly less touch on that bomb from Teel and Britt scores an easy TD.
Jonny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 10:08 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone concerned Savage is going to commit somewhere else if we keep playing like this?
Old 10-22-2008, 04:43 PM    (permalink
Trojanback02
Rookie

Trojanback02 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I think Savage is coming here no matter what, one of my more diehard RU fans said his facebook status was "Rutgers till i die" or something of that sort.
Trojanback02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 07:33 PM    (permalink
Philliez01
All-Pro

Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Minor bump here.

Savage, Jefferson or Natale? I'm assuming, unless he completely wows Schiano & Co., that Savage will not be the starter. I'd like to see DC get some PT but it looks like Natale is the favorite at this point.

Give JKPIGSKIN credit for this masterpiece
Philliez01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 07:37 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philliez01 View Post
Minor bump here.

Savage, Jefferson or Natale? I'm assuming, unless he completely wows Schiano & Co., that Savage will not be the starter. I'd like to see DC get some PT but it looks like Natale is the favorite at this point.
Natale early but let D.C. get more and more snaps as the season goes on. I love Jefferson's athletic ability and from what I've read he has a pretty good arm as well. It depends on how Savage is progressing as well. If he is doing well it'll be hard not to throw him into the fire as soon as possible. The one thing I don't want is for Savage and Jefferson to share snaps i game. Schiano will have to choose between the 2 and run with them.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 05-05-2009, 07:39 PM    (permalink
Philliez01
All-Pro

Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Natale early but let D.C. get more and more snaps as the season goes on. I love Jefferson's athletic ability and from what I've read he has a pretty good arm as well. It depends on how Savage is progressing as well. If he is doing well it'll be hard not to throw him into the fire as soon as possible. The one thing I don't want is for Savage and Jefferson to share snaps i game. Schiano will have to choose between the 2 and run with them.
I have to agree there that a "platoon" style system would be the absolute worse. Taylor-Glennon nor Kass-Pinckney (ECU) had much success with the split and whilst those are two different pairs; I can't say that Savage - Jefferson would be good for either's development.

D.C. was a personal favorite recruit that RU brought in. If Natale is better, so be it, but I'd love to see him on the field soon.

Give JKPIGSKIN credit for this masterpiece
Philliez01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 07:46 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philliez01 View Post
I have to agree there that a "platoon" style system would be the absolute worse. Taylor-Glennon nor Kass-Pinckney (ECU) had much success with the split and whilst those are two different pairs; I can't say that Savage - Jefferson would be good for either's development.

D.C. was a personal favorite recruit that RU brought in. If Natale is better, so be it, but I'd love to see him on the field soon.
I'd like to go to Jefferson to start the season as well but I don't see it happening. Natale has been here much longer so I'm assuming he has a better grasp on the offense than D.C. I love Jefferson as well, if Lsu wanted him then that tells you something right there. Hopefully in the summer D.C. can win the starting job but I'm not going to get my hopes up. We're going to be run heavy this year so I think Schiano is going to want the QB who can make the short amount of passes each game. The plus for D.C. would be that since we have such an inexperienced group of WR's that Jefferson's athletic ability would help the WR's get open on broken plays in the passing game.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 05-05-2009, 07:50 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Natale will start the season as the QB but I wouldnt be suprised to see DC or Savage sometime during the season.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Hurricanes25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 05:58 PM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

Location: "Im against Picketing, but I don't know how to show it"-Mitch Hedberg
josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricanes25 View Post
I think Natale will start the season as the QB but I wouldnt be suprised to see DC or Savage sometime during the season.
Haven't been to this thread in a while because I'm never in the giants team thread, so I often forget about it altogether.
Regarding the Qb battle- DC=terrible. His performance in spring practice has shown that he is blessed with great size and a strong arm, but no qb skills. If he sees the field next year, I will be crying and praying.

Natale also looked pretty bad in spring practice, but played well in the spring game. He consistently would get a lot of time in pocket but just run around and throw the ball away, never finding an open man.

Pray that Savage is the real deal right away or this may be a long year. Hopefully he will have earned the starting job by game 4 at the latest.

The one man that will save the offense is Joe Martinek. He is huge without losing much (if any) explosiveness. When I first saw him, I was wondering who the new fullback was.

The one X factor for the offense is Sanu. He makes a lot of mistakes, but he is a godly athlete. He is such a great athlete that he could see time as a returner, Receiver, or even a safety. Schiano loves the kid, acknowledging that he isn't yet a polished player, but is a play maker because of his athleticism.

Defense looks, in a word, good.
Old 08-31-2009, 12:37 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Should we try this thread again?

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-31-2009, 12:39 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yes we should.

What you guys think of Brown at WR?
Old 08-31-2009, 01:56 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Yes we should.

What you guys think of Brown at WR?
He's a burner but his routes have gotten better. The WR and QB positions are going to have question marks the first half of the year. As I Keep saying I wish this Cincy game wasn't week 1. I really don't know why we scheduled it as such.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-31-2009, 01:59 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Did we add any bulk to the dline? That was a major problem last year. Our defense was just way too undersized.

Especially at DT.
Old 08-31-2009, 02:51 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Did we add any bulk to the dline? That was a major problem last year. Our defense was just way too undersized.

Especially at DT.
They actually did. They got 2 big freshmen recruits at the DT position. They got 4 star Isaac Holmes 6'3 295 and 3 star Antwan Lowery 6'4 335. Lowery was ranked higher most of the year but people were afraid he had gotten too big. Both of them were top DT recruits in the nation though. The secondary also received a big bump from recruiting and should be pretty good.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-01-2009, 11:37 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

I hope they can contribute fast. We need them to. Our muscle up front was just sad last year.
Old 09-01-2009, 11:40 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

our D looks good. very deep too. Couple nice battles at WLB and CB. I'm not sure I like Munoz starting at SLB making Witherspoon and Abreu battle it out for the WLB spot. oh well. lots o' talent on this team. Oh, and Sanu's an animal. Freshman of the year right there baby!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 12:20 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

I haven't seen Witherspoon play obviously but I was hoping we'd get a Abreu/D'Imperio/Witherspoon LB corps this year.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-01-2009, 07:29 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Im interested in scouting the Left Tackle, Im forgetting his name right now.

Rutgers has done pretty well lately with getting some olinemen in the NFL.