Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 08-02-2007, 06:19 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default 2003 Miami vs. 2007 USC

Does anyone think this will be the year Miami's record of 6 1st rounders will be broken. We saw Sean Taylor, KWII, Veron Carey, Vilma, DJ Williams, and Vince Wilfrok get selected but I believe USC could have moer than 6 players selected round 1. Here are some possibilities-

Sam Baker
Lawrence Jackson
JD Booty
Rey Maualuga
Keith Rivers
Sedrick Ellis
Brian Cushing
Josh Pinkard
Terrell Thomas
Fred Davis
Patrick Turner*

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 06:21 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

well 2006 we thought USC would get a lot of picks in the first, 4 minimum. But then, they ended with only 2.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 06:31 PM    (permalink
The Great Jonathan Vilma
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

nope. ill say 5 tops, probably 3 or 4

Courtesy of Fenikz - Much Appreciated

Quote:
Originally Posted by dRaFtDoRk View Post
You can't be a good corner if no one throws your way. Thats my way of seeing it.
The Great Jonathan Vilma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 06:33 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

my guess is that 3 maybe 4 of those will actually be 1st rounders

Baker
Jackson
Ellis
Maualuga (but i doubt he will leave this year)

and if you are actually compare the 03 Canes vs this USC team, the Canes would dominate them

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 06:42 PM    (permalink
HoopsDemon12
Pro Bowler

HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post

Baker
Jackson
Ellis

and if you are actually compare the 03 Canes vs this USC team, the Canes would dominate them
the canes would have dominated any college team ... ever

Sig By Diehardvikingfan
HoopsDemon12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 06:44 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Jackson, Baker, Ellis, and Rivers are all 1st rounders in 2008. Rey stays for a 4th year, Cushing doesn't go in the first, Booty doesn't either, and neither does any of those other guys. That's only 4 1st rounders next year, big whoop.
Old 08-02-2007, 06:49 PM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoopsDemon12 View Post
the canes would have dominated any college team ... ever
Except Ohio State...

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.
Giants, ASU Sun Devils, Yankees
Turtlepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 07:14 PM    (permalink
DeathbyStat
Pro Bowler

DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

First Rounder in my estimation*

Sam Baker*

Lawrence Jackson*

JD Booty

Rey Maualuga*

Keith Rivers*

Sedrick Ellis*

Brian Cushing

Josh Pinkard

Terrell Thomas

Fred Davis

Patrick Turner

I think they will get 4 possibly 5 if Turner comes out

Thank you Lebron James, you are truly a King Among Men.

"O-H-I-O...its a four letter word."
Mike Tirico

Magilla Gorilla ain'ta killa, ...

Roger Goodell's Beautify the NFL Campaign-No Violence-No Criminals-No Fun

I remember Marshawn Lynch
DeathbyStat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 07:41 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtlepower View Post
Except Ohio State...
the refs screwed us

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 07:43 PM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
the refs screwed us
I agree, but you have to admit that they put up a hell of a fight. I think that 04 USC may have also made it a good game, but that is just my opinion.

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.
Giants, ASU Sun Devils, Yankees
Turtlepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 06:17 AM    (permalink
StaticGator
Rookie

StaticGator could make a wolverine purr.StaticGator could make a wolverine purr.StaticGator could make a wolverine purr.StaticGator could make a wolverine purr.StaticGator could make a wolverine purr.StaticGator could make a wolverine purr.StaticGator could make a wolverine purr.StaticGator could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:

Baker
Jackson
Ellis

The 03 Canes lost 2 games, including a stinker where they scored 6 points at home against a Peach Bowl caliber Tennessee team. They weren't on the same level as 2000-2002.
StaticGator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 07:47 AM    (permalink
Finsfan79
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Finsfan79 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtlepower View Post
I agree, but you have to admit that they put up a hell of a fight. I think that 04 USC may have also made it a good game, but that is just my opinion.
refs and miami was cocky and losing the best running back in the NCAA that game hurt too. Willis was 50 times better before the injury then he is now. Hell of a back.

I dont think USC will get as many 1sts as you guys think maybe 3-4 at most but even that I doubt it. But they do have a nice pipeline of talent out there for So Cal.
Finsfan79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 07:49 AM    (permalink
Finsfan79
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Finsfan79 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StaticGator View Post
The 03 Canes lost 2 games, including a stinker where they scored 6 points at home against a Peach Bowl caliber Tennessee team. They weren't on the same level as 2000-2002.
they are talking of the 03 draft hence 02 team

they lost 0 games that year except for the ref's win in the bowl game :)

That 01 canes team might be the most talented college football team ever.

It will be interesting to see what Butch does up at UNC
Finsfan79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 09:00 AM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No, this is about the 2 loss 2003 Miami team who set the record for most 1st round draft picks in the 2004 draft. And if you guys are gonna baby about the 2003 NC game loss to the Ohio State then I suggest you shut up about the refs:
http://www.michaelseufer.com/gamble
Old 08-03-2007, 09:41 AM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anything is possible. I don't think many people predicted that 6 Hurricanes would go in the 1st Round before the 2003 season started. I just checked, it looks like Scott himself predicted 5 Hurricanes would be 1st Round picks in his early mocks.

Should be 1st Round pick
OT Sam Baker
LB Keith Rivers
LB Rey Maualuga
DT Sedrick Ellis

Could Be 1st Round picks
QB John David Booty
DE Lawrence Jackson
TE Fred Davis
CB Terrell Thomas

Likely Not 1st Round picks (this year at least)
LB Brian Cushing
WR Patrick Turner
S Josh Pinkard
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 01:34 PM    (permalink
Veteran

22,895 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Sam Baker is pretty much a lock for a 1st ROund Pick. He's been great for us and he's pretty much the best OL for the 08 Class.

Terrell Thomas I can see going into the 1st Round may'be 2nd.

If Patrick Turner comes out I think he may'be Drafted in the first because this class of WRs aren't really big time like last year.

Sedrick Ellis should be 1st Round he has the size and speed for a DT.

Keith Rivers will also probably be in the 1st because he's pretty much the best OLB in College right now.

Lo Jack is on the bubble because of that bad year he had coming off his good Soph. Season.

Fred Davis is pretty much the best at his Position, but considering he is a TE it will be tough for him to get Drafted in the first round.

John David Booty may'be a 1st Round Draft pick because of the good QBs coming out this year Booty in the 1st seems almost out of reach.

Rey Maualuga still has some learning at MLB he's raw, but great top 3 at his postition and he would be on the bubble in getting Drafted in the 1st RD this year. Next year it should be a lock.
22,895 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 11:15 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Terrell Thomas will go round 1, he is really overlooked on that talented defense. He has all of the measurables and he is one of the better cover guys in the Pac 10.

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 09:33 PM    (permalink
srv fan
Veteran

srv fan could make a wolverine purr.srv fan could make a wolverine purr.srv fan could make a wolverine purr.srv fan could make a wolverine purr.srv fan could make a wolverine purr.srv fan could make a wolverine purr.srv fan could make a wolverine purr.srv fan could make a wolverine purr.

accidental double post...

- Vince Lombardi

Last edited by srv fan : 08-12-2007 at 09:37 PM.
srv fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 09:36 PM    (permalink
srv fan
Veteran

srv fan could make a wolverine purr.srv fan could make a wolverine purr.srv fan could make a wolverine purr.srv fan could make a wolverine purr.srv fan could make a wolverine purr.srv fan could make a wolverine purr.srv fan could make a wolverine purr.srv fan could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 22,895 View Post
Sam Baker is pretty much a lock for a 1st ROund Pick. He's been great for us and he's pretty much the best OL for the 08 Class.

Terrell Thomas I can see going into the 1st Round may'be 2nd.

If Patrick Turner comes out I think he may'be Drafted in the first because this class of WRs aren't really big time like last year.

Sedrick Ellis should be 1st Round he has the size and speed for a DT.

Keith Rivers will also probably be in the 1st because he's pretty much the best OLB in College right now.

Lo Jack is on the bubble because of that bad year he had coming off his good Soph. Season.

Fred Davis is pretty much the best at his Position, but considering he is a TE it will be tough for him to get Drafted in the first round.

John David Booty may'be a 1st Round Draft pick because of the good QBs coming out this year Booty in the 1st seems almost out of reach.

Rey Maualuga still has some learning at MLB he's raw, but great top 3 at his postition and he would be on the bubble in getting Drafted in the 1st RD this year. Next year it should be a lock.
While you are correct in saying Baker is a lock for the first round (assuming no senioritis or injury), I think Jake Long and Michael Oher would probably dispute your claim of Baker being the best, seeing as both are better prospects at this point.

Besides Baker, Sedrick Ellis and Keith Rivers are the only locks (again, assuming their play doesn't dramatically drop and no injuries). Both should impress at the combine, in addition to whatever regular season performance they put out.

USC is very talented, but they are in no way, shape, or form comparable to '03 Miami's draft class. Sean Taylor and Kellen Winslow are probably the two best prospects ever at their positions, not even mentioning the hype behind DJ Williams (who was widely considered to have been able to play in the NFL straight out of HS) and Vince Wilfork and co. If Baker doesn't have a strong year, there's a very distinct possibility USC won't even have a top ten draft selection.

In other words, no.

- Vince Lombardi
srv fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 09:39 PM    (permalink
Michigan
Who wants to sex Mutombo?
Pro Bowler

Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 22,895 View Post

Pretty big words...