Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 01-01-2007, 11:36 PM    (permalink
srv fan
Veteran

srv fan could make a wolverine purr.srv fan could make a wolverine purr.srv fan could make a wolverine purr.srv fan could make a wolverine purr.srv fan could make a wolverine purr.srv fan could make a wolverine purr.srv fan could make a wolverine purr.srv fan could make a wolverine purr.

Congratulations USC. You guys played a great game, and completely outclassed us.

I don't think I've ever been so disappointed with a single game Michigan has played. Our o-line was beyond abysmal- Henne could barely even drop back half the time, Hart had no room, etc. I give some credit to USC's front seven as they played inspired, but honestly we have carved up better run defenses before. Offensive line play is supposed to be the one constant for Michigan, and they completely crapped the bed today. Our secondary was unbelievably bad as well. No one, not even Hall, played anywhere near an acceptable level. In particular, our safeties looked like chickens with their heads cut off. They provided absolutely no help minus a few isolated plays to Morgan Trent, who was completely dominated as well. Overall, this was by far the worst game Michigan has played all year. Its a shame we played so poorly on the national level, because in a lot of people's minds (not mine) it invalidates all we have done this year.

Again, congrats to USC fans.

- Vince Lombardi
srv fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 12:38 AM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm so tired of USC.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 12:56 AM    (permalink
TIP
Veteran

TIP hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Oh I can't wait for Danman :twisted:

Props to Darnik

Quote:
Originally Posted by CutlerChris View Post
Why couldn't Helen Keller drive?

She was a woman.
^^^^^^
OMFG LMAO
TIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 01:00 AM    (permalink
bernbabybern820
Pro Bowler

bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Brian Cushing and Dewayne Jarrett

NJ REPRESENT!

sig by jagfan33
Peyton Manning Fanboy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Complex View Post
They said I couldn't be a high school QB. They said I couldn't get a D1 scholarship. BeerBaron said I couldn't beat the Bears. - Tebow

Proving the doubters wrong.
bernbabybern820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 02:08 AM    (permalink
RWFender1
Veteran

RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1

USC played a hell of a game and fought hard for a win but even though we beat Michigan I still think Michigan is a fine football team. I can understand Michigan's dissapointment but they should be proud of what they accomplished in this season regaurdless of what happened in the Rose Bowl and tOSU. They had some big games like Notre Dame and came along way since last season. Regardless of them losing their last 2 games they still had a hell of a season. It will be real fun to see what happens next season

gamertag: uscfan06

RWFender1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 11:53 AM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm embarrassed to say the least. Me, along with numerous Michigan fans completely underestimated USC. I had seen four USC games prior to last nights and I never saw anything to lead me to believe John David Booty could play like he did. Props to him for playing out of his mind. Nothing is more frustrating than watching your team in the other QB's face for three quarters but unable to sack him, or even phase him. I'm very disappointed in the play of the OL. It seemed like Jake Long was the only guy playing decent. The interior of the line was awful. USC will most likely be the preseason #1 next year, and rightfully so. I just hope we see a rematch next year. I should have a full write-up on the game in my blog tonight or tomorrow.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 12:11 PM    (permalink
bdc02

Yeah it was all about matchups... USC was a tough matchup for Michigan ... tougher than OSU but I think if Ohio State and USC met it would be a great game and I'd even favor USC... Morgan Trent SUCKS and was toyed with all game... Everyone on the Mock Draft board thinks Leon Hall was dominated but that is far from the truth...the one time he was burnt deep by Jarrett it was the Safetied blown coverage... but props to USC and I hope we meet next year. 8)
Old 01-02-2007, 12:30 PM    (permalink
RWFender1
Veteran

RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1

Props to you Michigan fans, I wasnt sure what to expect after the game was over but you have been gracious about the game. I hope we get to play again

Old 01-02-2007, 12:40 PM    (permalink
elway777
All-Pro

elway777 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.elway777 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdc02
Yeah it was all about matchups... USC was a tough matchup for Michigan ... tougher than OSU but I think if Ohio State and USC met it would be a great game and I'd even favor USC... Morgan Trent SUCKS and was toyed with all game... Everyone on the Mock Draft board thinks Leon Hall was dominated but that is far from the truth...the one time he was burnt deep by Jarrett it was the Safetied blown coverage... but props to USC and I hope we meet next year. 8)
USC sucks at defending scrambling QB's,I think OSU would have a field day against our pass defense.
elway777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 03:24 PM    (permalink
RWFender1
Veteran

Not so fast my friend!

I think USC can deal with Troy Smith's running ability...they might get burned for a few plays but I think they'd adjust...we have a faster defense than last year and we handled Oregon's running QB's this year. Even Brady Quinn suprised me at the SC game as being somewhat of a scrambler (although he was forced into being one) ...I know Smith is on a different level but I still think we could hang.

We aren't the same defense that faced Vince Young last year.
I wish we could play Ohio State because I think we would give them a really really good game

Old 01-02-2007, 03:28 PM    (permalink
elway777
All-Pro

elway777 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.elway777 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWFender1
Not so fast my friend!

I think USC can deal with Troy Smith's running ability...they might get burned for a few plays but I think they'd adjust...we have a faster defense than last year and we handled Oregon's running QB's this year. Even Brady Quinn suprised me at the SC game as being somewhat of a scrambler (although he was forced into being one) ...I know Smith is on a different level but I still think we could hang.

We aren't the same defense that faced Vince Young last year.
I wish we could play Ohio State because I think we would give them a really really good game

Patrick Cowen and Brady Quinn rushed for over 50 yards on us,what is that saying?lol,and Dixon is garbage and didnt even start the rest of the year so I wouldnt put him as good example.
elway777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 03:31 PM    (permalink
RWFender1
Veteran

Cowan really isnt a scrambling QB..he just ran in that game because UCLA doesnt have that great of an offense. Besides, UCLA was a fluke...look at how they did against Florida St. USC could have won that game UCLA just had a miracle when that defender intercepted his own tipped ball.

Mike Hart was quoted in the LA Times this morning as saying he wishes USC could play Ohio State. He said he thought USC played a better game against them than Ohio State, certainly defensively.

Old 01-02-2007, 03:53 PM    (permalink
snuff

-mzone
Old 01-02-2007, 06:46 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Cowan really isnt a scrambling QB..he just ran in that game because UCLA doesnt have that great of an offense. Besides, UCLA was a fluke...look at how they did against Florida St. USC could have won that game UCLA just had a miracle when that defender intercepted his own tipped ball.

Mike Hart was quoted in the LA Times this morning as saying he wishes USC could play Ohio State. He said he thought USC played a better game against them than Ohio State, certainly defensively.
I agree with elway because of their great receivers+a scrambling qb. You cant commit to one of em or the other will beat you. theres no way they would have been able to contain both. Plus they mad blitzed in the rose bowl. If you try to blitz troy smith (and any other scrabler) and he gets out of the pocket, we'd be screwed.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 06:57 PM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro

smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well i liked the outcome of this game

Jay Cutler>Matt Leinart>>>>danman253
XBL GT smitty js Go Vandy!!!!!!
Chris Johnson son!!!!!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoUr82vUx60
http://www.bangcartoon.com/2007/pacman.htm
smittyjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 08:38 PM    (permalink
RockJock07
Rookie

RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.

Why did UM fans underestimate USC? They are in the thick of things every year, they are proven winners. Pete Carroll would be stupid to leave SC for some crap NFL job. UM came out unfocused and were simply beaten at their own game, congrads to SC, Michigan, maybe you weren't as good as you thought you were.

I can't wait for danman either!

Sidesider for life, Go White Sox
RockJock07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 08:39 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yodachu
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokeys
Quote:
Originally Posted by yodachu
And we thought Michigan could play in the NC..............
Whos we?
Some peoples..............
Oh they can. Michigan didn't show up today. They looked flat all game long. Props to SC but I still think UM is the better team. Carr got badly outcoached.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 08:59 PM    (permalink
MagnumGator
Veteran

MagnumGator hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

What's amazing about Carroll is he won't let an opponent's best players beat him. He rolled Booty out and moved the pocket to keep Woodley and company in check. And despite Hall not playing great, he can find the greenest guy in a secondary and absolutely abuse him. Remember what happened to that nickleback on Oklahoma a few years ago? He got killed too. Simply stated, Carroll is on another level than all college coaches when it comes to gameplanning, especially when he has a month to prepare.

"Honestly, we've played a lot better teams than them," Florida defensive end Jarvis Moss said. "I could name four or five teams in the SEC that could probably compete with them and play the same type of game we did against them."
MagnumGator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 09:12 PM    (permalink
RockJock07
Rookie

RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.

Thank god Michigan wasn't allowed into the NC game. Sweetness please, USC was and still is the better team then michigan and like magnumgator said, it all starts wil Carroll, he has life and energy. He kept testing that secondary even when the game was over, and still michigan could not stop JDB or Jarrett.

Sidesider for life, Go White Sox
RockJock07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 10:30 PM    (permalink
TIP
Veteran

TIP hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockJock07
Thank god Michigan wasn't allowed into the NC game. Sweetness please, USC was and still is the better team then michigan and like magnumgator said, it all starts wil Carroll, he has life and energy. He kept testing that secondary even when the game was over, and still michigan could not stop JDB or Jarrett.

Michigan is better than what they showed, USC though is better

Props to Darnik

Quote:
Originally Posted by CutlerChris View Post
Why couldn't Helen Keller drive?

She was a woman.
^^^^^^
OMFG LMAO
TIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 11:29 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Props to you Michigan fans, I wasnt sure what to expect after the game was over but you have been gracious about the game. I hope we get to play again
I personally think we will be playing in a bigger game next January, hopefully a better game, and as a Michigan fan, hopefully a better result.
Old 01-03-2007, 01:13 AM    (permalink
RWFender1
Veteran

Well I definately think Ohio State can be beaten and USC would give them a hell of a game. Most of the people saying we would lose to Ohio State also said we wouldn't beat Michigan. I think USC is the best team in the country when they come to play, the problem is they don't always show up to play...you can call me a homer, but that is my honest opinion.

Even Mike Hart said we played ecspecially better defensively than Ohio State did against them. I think if we played the way we did yesterday we would give Ohio State a really close game

Old 01-03-2007, 01:14 AM    (permalink
RWFender1
Veteran

what do you mean exactly by "we'll be playing playing in a bigger game"?

Old 01-03-2007, 01:20 AM    (permalink
snuff

Quote:
what do you mean exactly by "we'll be playing playing in a bigger game"?
Michigan vs USC in the national championship...
Old 01-03-2007, 01:24 AM    (permalink
RWFender1
Veteran

im down with that statement