Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 08-05-2007, 08:49 PM    (permalink
JoeMontainya
Veteran

JoeMontainya needs more cowbell.

What did Mangini do as a DB coach that isnt still there? They havent lost a step in that department since he left. Same with Romeo Crennell as their D-coord. If both were so great, how come the only thing thats slowed anything down is players getting older? Dont forget Bill still and allways did basically control every aspect of that D.
JoeMontainya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 09:53 PM    (permalink
SenorGato
Pro Bowler

SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

HC: Eric Mangini

I love how this dude prepares, and while I don't agree with EVERYTHING he does...he definitely seems to have a plan to make us competitive for the long term.

OC: Sean Payton

His offense is explosive, to say the least.

DC: Wade Phillips

The 3-4 kicks all ass, and no one coaches a more aggressive scheme than Phillips.
SenorGato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 12:24 AM    (permalink
kmartin575
Veteran

kmartin575 needs more cowbell.

The Chiefs defensive coaching staff from the 90's. Marty Schottenheimer had Bill Cowher, Herm Edwards, and Tony Dungy under him.
kmartin575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 12:33 AM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmartin575 View Post
The Chiefs defensive coaching staff from the 90's. Marty Schottenheimer had Bill Cowher, Herm Edwards, and Tony Dungy under him.

Didn't Noll have Dungy, and Marvin Lewis?

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/center]
Mr. Stiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 10:01 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangini for pres View Post
i was waiting for someone to put the runnerup to the Coach of the Year last season.... Mangini turned a team with little talent into a 10-6 contender...

HC: Bill belichek
OC: Sean Payton
DC: Eric Mangini
I put Mangini as DC bc he's a great motivator (he really reminds me ALOT of a young Parcells), and his scheme fits the HC's scheme. Ppl have Bellichick as HC then Phillips as DC, that doesn't work. Their schemes are too polarizing for that to be a good fit.
Old 08-06-2007, 10:03 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
mildly surprised no one's mentioned shanahan. actually i'm not. one great season clearly makes sean payton the best OC in the nfl.
I think Sean Payton's pass happy ways will eventually catch up to him. Probably sooner than later.

Shannahan's WCO is my favorite style of WCO. He's commited to the run, and he uses alot more 2TE sets compared to other WCO disciples. The only thing I dislike is the fulltime ZBS. I like the oldschool big hulking run blocker lines, the ZBS has its pros, but it also has its cons and I wouldn't like fulltime ZBS on my team.
Old 08-06-2007, 10:27 AM    (permalink
JoeMontainya
Veteran

JoeMontainya needs more cowbell.

Funny how Sean Payton isnt even the full time OC, has only been control for 1 year and has Brees, Duce, Reggie, Colston, Horn at the time, and a very solid OL, and now everyone things he is a genious. There arent to many Ocords that can mess that situation up.

I guess Payton is the flavor of the year, much like the song. People dont even think about Saunders doing such things for over 10 years, or Tom Moore being the geniuos behing Manning and the Colts for almost 10 years. How about Mike Martz when he was with the Rams and had the best show on turf? Sean Payton hasnt done anything to even touch these 3 OC's jocks, much less make me think he is the ultimate coach for the offense of an NFL team allready.

Sean Paytons D was about the same as the Colts and Rams when they won there rings, but it was the offenses that got them over the hump. Payton doesnt have that extra charge I see in GREAT OC's. Much less the exsperience and longevity to get him anywhere near the top 5 on this list to a real NFL fan.

Ill give him this, the Saints were a great story this year.
JoeMontainya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 10:30 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeMontainya View Post
Funny how Sean Payton isnt even the full time OC, has only been control for 1 year and has Brees, Duce, Reggie, Colston, Horn at the time, and a very solid OL, and now everyone things he is a genious. There arent to many Ocords that can mess that situation up.

I guess Payton is the flavor of the year, much like the song. People dont even think about Saunders doing such things for over 10 years, or Tom Moore being the geniuos behing Manning and the Colts for almost 10 years. How about Mike Martz when he was with the Rams and had the best show on turf? Sean Payton hasnt done anything to even touch these 3 OC's jocks, much less make me think he is the ultimate coach for the offense of an NFL team allready.

Sean Paytons D was about the same as the Colts and Rams when they won there rings, but it was the offenses that got them over the hump. Payton doesnt have that extra charge I see in GREAT OC's. Much less the exsperience and longevity to get him anywhere near the top 5 on this list to a real NFL fan.

Ill give him this, the Saints were a great story this year.
People have short term memory. And they make the same mistakes twice. Its really that simple. We as fans don't learn from our mistakes. Bandwagons look cool and theyre comfy to sit in.
Old 08-06-2007, 08:54 PM    (permalink
LSUALUM99
Veteran

LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

HC: Tony Dungy - for overall game management, dealing with the press etc
DC: Belichick , doesn't excell (undertsatement) at dealing with the press so this is why he's DC instead of HC, but best defensive mind in football
OC - Mike Holmgren, I still think he's the best offensive mind in football (Shanahan would be 2nd with Martz third, but I don't like Martz's offensive style)

GM - Andy Reid, I think the way the Iggles manage their roster is the best in the game from a systemic point of view
Director of Player Personell - Ozzie Smith, best Talent evaluator out there

Designs by Thule

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMWSackMachine View Post
I just wanna warn you guys not to take TNew41 too seriously. He's....let's just say, special. He's fairly harmless, though. He just needs several years of seasoning before he tries to make any more points, is all.
LSUALUM99 is offline   Reply With Quote