Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 08-05-2007, 08:49 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i hope that robert meachem pick was worth it saints...
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 08:53 PM    (permalink
Auron
Veteran

Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That drive was slightly more encouraging on Defense. We gave up some gains on the ground, but at least we got some pressure down by the redzone. 2 sacks one by Simoneau, and Will Smith.
Old 08-05-2007, 08:54 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is Meachem supposed to be playing?

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 08:54 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soybean View Post
i hope that robert meachem pick was worth it saints...
Right, because grading a draft class after one quarter of a preseason game is smart.
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 09:06 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
Is Meachem supposed to be playing?
Yeah, I'm sure we'll see some of him with the second team offense. I'm going to focus on him and Usama Young especially.
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Old 08-05-2007, 09:09 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyboy View Post
Right, because grading a draft class after one quarter of a preseason game is smart.
eh... i meant it as a sarcastic comment because it didn't loook like they were able to stop anybody. i guess theyre doing better now though.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 09:11 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Ahhh. Dully noted.

Old 08-05-2007, 09:12 PM    (permalink
Auron
Veteran

Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Eh if Jamie Martin ever has to take any snaps in the regular season I'd be very nervous. He holds the ball a little too long, and is slow releasing the football.
Old 08-05-2007, 09:18 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auron View Post
Eh if Jamie Martin ever has to take any snaps in the regular season I'd be very nervous. He holds the ball a little too long, and is slow releasing the football.
And his throws are just usually... off. I'd be happy if we were able to sign Derek Anderson or Charlie Frye if either one is released.

Old 08-05-2007, 09:18 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Santonio Holmes could bring big-play potential for the Steelers, like we saw in the second half of last season and just right now. And he just scored a nice touchdown.
Geo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 09:19 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

whats going on with all of the Saints CB?
Old 08-05-2007, 09:19 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
And his throws are just usually... off. I'd be happy if we were able to sign Derek Anderson or Charlie Frye if either one is released.
I'd crap my pants if we signed Charlie Frye. I think he should have been given more time in Cleveland.

And the Saints need to look and see which CB's are going to be released because we need more competition at that position. None of our CB's have impressed me at all.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 08-05-2007, 09:21 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Frye is the worst starting QB in the league, and also winner of the dumbest play/throw of 2006 (versus the Raiders). The sooner the Browns drop him to third on the depth chart, the better.
Old 08-05-2007, 09:22 PM    (permalink
Auron
Veteran

Great fade route by Santonio Holmes, and pretty much a perfect throw.

Jason Craft got beat. So far it seems like all of our CBs have gotten beat, Jason David got beat on the previous deep route, and Mike McKenzie struggled early in the game. :( Surprisingly Fred Thomas has been the least burnt CB thus far.
Old 08-05-2007, 09:24 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auron View Post
Great fade route by Santonio Holmes, and pretty much a perfect throw.

Jason Craft got beat. So far it seems like all of our CBs have gotten beat, Jason David got beat on the previous deep route, and Mike McKenzie struggled early in the game. :( Surprisingly Fred Thomas has been the least burnt CB thus far.
You know you're in trouble when that happens.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 08-05-2007, 09:24 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo View Post
Frye is the worst starting QB in the league, and also winner of the dumbest play/throw of 2006 (versus the Raiders). The sooner the Browns drop him to third on the depth chart, the better.
I think Frye was just scared to death behind that O-line.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 08-05-2007, 09:32 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

where's the CB you guys drafted in the first day?
Old 08-05-2007, 09:55 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PACKmanN View Post
wow u cant spike the ball anymore.

Is Reed the guy steelers fans were hyping up to become a good returner?
Willie Reid.. I think he needs to work into the game.. He's essentially a rookie.. He had 1 return last year (against the chargers) Which he made a 0 gain into a 15 yard gain..

Willie Reid has the potential.. Anyone who watched him at FSU will back me up on this. He just needs to get his confidence back.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/center]
Mr. Stiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 10:13 PM    (permalink
Auron
Veteran

Well at least the Saints moved the ball on that Drive. Jason Fife, looked better than I expected. Terrance Copper made some catches on that drive.

Antonio Pittman runs hard.
Old 08-05-2007, 10:14 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Stiller View Post
Willie Reid.. I think he needs to work into the game.. He's essentially a rookie.. He had 1 return last year (against the chargers) Which he made a 0 gain into a 15 yard gain..

Willie Reid has the potential.. Anyone who watched him at FSU will back me up on this. He just needs to get his confidence back.
Reid doesn't trip that's a TD.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/center]
Mr. Stiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 10:33 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

I like what I've seen of the Steelers under Tomlin, though I'm still a bit leery of how the offense under Arians will ultimately do come the start of the season.
Old 08-05-2007, 10:46 PM    (permalink
Auron
Veteran

Oh man Meachem took a vicious hit..

held my breath for a second but looks like he only got the wind knocked out of him.

Last edited by Auron : 08-05-2007 at 10:49 PM.
Auron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 10:50 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

I had to get up for a second, Auron. Is he all right?

Old 08-05-2007, 10:53 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hate NFL Network.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 10:53 PM    (permalink
ChewyRaven318
Rookie

ChewyRaven318 could make a wolverine purr.ChewyRaven318 could make a wolverine purr.ChewyRaven318 could make a wolverine purr.ChewyRaven318 could make a wolverine purr.ChewyRaven318 could make a wolverine purr.ChewyRaven318 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
I had to get up for a second, Auron. Is he all right?
He's fine, he actually ducked on the next play he was out for before the hit, lol.
ChewyRaven318 is offline   Reply With Quote