Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 08-06-2007, 01:27 AM    (permalink
kalbears13
Pro Bowler

Location: The difference between a child's toy and an adult toy
kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Stiller View Post
After watching how sharp he was in the pre-season game.. I'm going with Roethlisberger.

I think this is the season he proves critics wrong..

I'm thinking:
3k-3.5k Yards
24-25 Tds
7-10 INTs
99-101 QB Rating.
9.92 YPA Avg.
He threw 3 passes. You can't really judge a whole season based on 3 passes during a preseason game.

On the first play of the regular season last year Charlie Frye threw a TD pass to Braylon Edwards. That doesn't mean Charlie Frye will have a great year.
Old 08-06-2007, 01:28 AM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
After watching how sharp he was in the pre-season game.. I'm going with Roethlisberger.

I think this is the season he proves critics wrong..

I'm thinking:
3k-3.5k Yards
24-25 Tds
7-10 INTs
99-101 QB Rating.
9.92 YPA Avg.
9.92 YPA? Typo? Also if the Steelers throw enough to put up those numbers for yards and TD I don't think 7-10 INTs is realistic, even if he is breaking out, 12-14 seems much more realistic.

I think it will be between Big Ben and Randy Moss. I'd lean Moss right now if he stays healthy just because if he has an above average season he will get more attention for it.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 01:35 AM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151 View Post
9.92 YPA? Typo? Also if the Steelers throw enough to put up those numbers for yards and TD I don't think 7-10 INTs is realistic, even if he is breaking out, 12-14 seems much more realistic.

I think it will be between Big Ben and Randy Moss. I'd lean Moss right now if he stays healthy just because if he has an above average season he will get more attention for it.
Yea I meant 8.92. He had:

8.88 his first season
8.90 his second season
7.49 his third season.. I think it's not out of the question for him to average over 9 yards an attempt.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/center]
Mr. Stiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 01:35 AM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
9.92 YPA? Typo?
I sure hope so because Manning/Palmer/Brees are all at 8.0 or below.

I'd think Big Ben or Moss take it, maybe Portis or McNabb.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 01:37 AM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Edit: my bad i was wrong

Last edited by Crazy_Chris : 08-06-2007 at 01:47 AM.
Crazy_Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 01:40 AM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yea I meant 9.20. He had:

8.88 his first season
8.90 his second season
7.49 his third season.. I think it's not out of the question for him to average over 9 yards an attempt.
I'm sure those 8+ had something to do with his limited amount of passes. Look at what the starting QBs have in the league, none have above 8. Tom Brady doesn't even have above 7. Over 9 ypa is borderline ridiculous.

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 08-06-2007, 01:41 AM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
I sure hope so because Manning/Palmer/Brees are all at 8.0 or below.

I'd think Big Ben or Moss take it, maybe Portis or McNabb.
I forgot about Portis, I definitely think he can get it too, I expect 1,400 yards from him next year.

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 08-06-2007, 01:42 AM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why is it so Insane for him to hit above 9? He's gotten awfully close 2 times before.

Old 08-06-2007, 01:44 AM    (permalink
HerthaFootballFan
Rookie

Location: from Prenzlauer Berg, Berlin, Germany but now living in Buffalo
HerthaFootballFan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Why is it so Insane for him to hit above 9? He's gotten awfully close 2 times before.
He's going to be throwing a lot more passes, and a lot more passes that aren't just bombs like he did his first two years. So his yards per will fall as the growth in pass attempts will out weigh the growth in yards.
HerthaFootballFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 01:45 AM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by HerthaFootballFan View Post
He's going to be throwing a lot more passes, and a lot more passes that aren't just bombs like he did his first two years. So his yards per will fall as the growth in pass attempts will out weigh the growth in yards.
Thats possible. I'll just wait an see what happens.

Old 08-06-2007, 01:45 AM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

Because both of those times he threw under 300 times and was on a team that ran the ball a ridiculous amount. Seriously, NONE of the top 16 QBs yard wise had over 8 ypa, how is Big Ben getting over 9 not ridiculous?

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 08-06-2007, 01:46 AM    (permalink
HerthaFootballFan
Rookie

Location: from Prenzlauer Berg, Berlin, Germany but now living in Buffalo
HerthaFootballFan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
I forgot about Portis, I definitely think he can get it too, I expect 1,400 yards from him next year.
I can't see that happening with him splitting the ball with Betts?
HerthaFootballFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 01:49 AM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by HerthaFootballFan View Post
I can't see that happening with him splitting the ball with Betts?
I think Portis should see above 300 carries. Betts is a nice back but nothing special and certainly not talented enough to steal a good amount of carries from Portis, just keep him fresh. The only reason I don't think Portis gets 1,500 is because of Betts though.

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 08-06-2007, 01:49 AM    (permalink
Jonathan_VIlma
Pro Bowler

Jonathan_VIlma hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Andre Wadsworth and Michael Haynes are two guys to look out for from OLB/DE hybrid and DE.

If Wadsworth has a decent season it has to be him. I remember reading somewhere he had over 20 knee surgeries in his life.

Designs by Thule
Jonathan_VIlma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 01:57 AM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
So does the browns ;)

I still see him being a legit competitor for it.
Our db's are actually strong.

Bodden/Wright Jones/Pool young and full of talent.

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 02:03 AM    (permalink
Green Bay Scat
Pro Bowler

Green Bay Scat is a cocksman.Green Bay Scat is a cocksman.Green Bay Scat is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan_VIlma View Post
Andre Wadsworth and Michael Haynes are two guys to look out for from OLB/DE hybrid and DE.

If Wadsworth has a decent season it has to be him. I remember reading somewhere he had over 20 knee surgeries in his life.
if he gets 1 sack, it has to be him, not many people get another chance, and this is like number 10....
Green Bay Scat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 03:36 AM    (permalink
Dam8610
Team Leader
All-Pro

Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm thinking:
3k-3.5k Yards
24-25 Tds
7-10 INTs
99-101 QB Rating.
9.92 YPA Avg.
All of that, ESPECIALLY the last one, would be nothing short of a miracle.

My pick: Clinton Portis

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

Quote:
<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
<Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge
Dam8610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 03:39 AM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610 View Post

forgot about him

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 10:15 AM    (permalink
BrownsTown
All-Pro

BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hope it's Bentley, but it'll probably go to a bigger name.
BrownsTown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 10:34 AM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don' think it will be Bentley. Lineman just don't get many awards.

I think this is between Donovan McNabb and Ben Roethlisberger. There are some others that are long shots like Culpepper but Ben and McNabb will both be back, healthy and should have good seasons. Reports have been thet Ben has looked great in camp and McNabb will be McNabb as long as he doesn't get hurt.

Edit: Forgot abotu Clinton Portis. If he has a big year it could easily be him aswell. Though a QB stands a better chance of winning this kind of award IMO.

I don't think Moss deserves it. What is he coming back from? Laziness?

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 10:37 AM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610 View Post

I'm guessing he meant YPC not YPA because that is just a huge number for YPA.

I don't think any of the other numbers are out of the question though. If I had to guess I'd say

2500-3000 yards
17-20 TDs
10-13 INTs

Old 08-06-2007, 11:41 AM    (permalink
JoeMontainya
Veteran

JoeMontainya needs more cowbell.

I love how every Steeler fan thinks Ben had an off year because of injuries. He had a small cut on his head, a cuncussion and his appendix taken out. Every one of those injuries was healed before the season started.

And then to defend themselves they say "he almost died". BS, tell it to your other Steeler fans who actually care to hear crap. He led the league in INT's LOL. There wasnt a single positive about his season and most of his mistakes had nothing to do with anything but himself playing horrible.
JoeMontainya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 11:48 AM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

How can you say all of those injuries were healed before the season started. He missed the first game of the season with the apendectomy and he got a concussion duing the 5th game of the year.

Neither one of those was healed before the year. All reports out of camp say he look great and even though he only threw 3 passes they were all damn near perfect.

We'll see when the season comes.

Last edited by Smooth Criminal : 08-06-2007 at 11:54 AM.
Old 08-06-2007, 11:50 AM    (permalink
amag
Rookie

amag needs more cowbell.

Doctors actually considered amputating Bentley's leg, my money is on Wadsworth or Bentley, Wadsworth has the chance to be the best NFL story since Tom Brady
amag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 04:05 PM    (permalink
xooberon
Veteran

xooberon is so money.xooberon is so money.xooberon is so money.xooberon is so money.xooberon is so money.xooberon is so money.xooberon is so money.xooberon is so money.xooberon is so money.xooberon is so money.
Exclamation

it will be dan morgan, just you wait!! :p
xooberon is offline   Reply With Quote