Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 08-06-2007, 03:05 PM    (permalink
Pack_Attack_4
Rookie

Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gridiron View Post
I sure hope it's Andre Wadsworth! :)
hes washed up HARD!!!
Pack_Attack_4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 03:07 PM    (permalink
HoopsDemon12
Pro Bowler

HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.

As much as it pains me... i think takeo spikes has a good shot at winning this award

Sig By Diehardvikingfan
HoopsDemon12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 03:07 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tatum Bell!
Old 08-06-2007, 03:17 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeMontainya View Post
I love how every Steeler fan thinks Ben had an off year because of injuries. He had a small cut on his head, a cuncussion and his appendix taken out. Every one of those injuries was healed before the season started.

And then to defend themselves they say "he almost died". BS, tell it to your other Steeler fans who actually care to hear crap. He led the league in INT's LOL. There wasnt a single positive about his season and most of his mistakes had nothing to do with anything but himself playing horrible.
... Drive 30 miles in hour in a motorcycle and go face first off a car.

He then had his appendectomy. Then he started slow considering he was 75% all the way into the jacksonville game.

Then the bad no-call roughing the passer where he got 2-helmets smacking into his..

And he played the next week.

There wasn't a single positive about our whole season last year. He did lead the league in INT's. After 2 great seasons.. He won't lead the league in INT's this year and he's a legitimate candidate.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/center]
Mr. Stiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 03:36 PM    (permalink
kalbears13
Pro Bowler

Location: The difference between a child's toy and an adult toy
kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm praying that it's Jamal Lewis

but I'll have to say...David Carr.
Old 08-06-2007, 03:39 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalbears13 View Post
I'm praying that it's Jamal Lewis

but I'll have to say...David Carr.
I would hope it's Jamal as well.

Carr is interesting, Dellhomme is on the hot seat thats for sure.

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 03:41 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Recent mentions Tatum Bell and Jamal Lewis both rushed for over 1,000 in 2006 ...
Geo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 03:47 PM    (permalink
Chief49er
Rookie

Chief49er could make a wolverine purr.Chief49er could make a wolverine purr.Chief49er could make a wolverine purr.Chief49er could make a wolverine purr.Chief49er could make a wolverine purr.Chief49er could make a wolverine purr.

jermery newberry
Old 08-06-2007, 03:48 PM    (permalink
duckseason
All-Pro

duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo View Post
Recent mentions Tatum Bell and Jamal Lewis both rushed for over 1,000 in 2006 ...
And in Bell's case, there's really nothing to come back from. You have to have been somewhere in the first place before you can be considered for this award. And although I'd point to his '05 season as his best as a pro, those 1,025 yards last year were his most he's had in a season.
Old 08-06-2007, 04:05 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo View Post
Jamal's YPC was bad and he has been no where near his 2,000 yard season (That skill level I mean.) in the past couple years.

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 04:12 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My pick for 2007 Comeback Player of the Year:

Orlando Pace, LT, St. Louis Rams

Pace only played in 8 games last season, having his season cut short thanks to a torn triceps injury. Pace reported to camp at 321 pounds, the lightest reporting-day weight of his 11-year career. He'll be back to being a Top 3 left tackle in the league.
Geo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 04:23 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chris Simms..

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 05:44 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Levi Jones was one of the elite tackles in the game in '05 but was injured a game and a half into last year.

If he stays healthy I'd think he could have a shot but I doubt it goes to a OL.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 06:04 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think this award will go to an offensive lineman other than Bentley. They don't get to be in the stat books enough to win this award. Only reason Bentley can is because of the severity of his injury.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 06:22 PM    (permalink
Namy
Veteran

Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It will go between Portis or McNabb in my opinion.

It'd be nice for Bentley, but an OLineman getting that award seems unlikely.

Projected win total: 55+
Namy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 06:26 PM    (permalink
skinzzfan25
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.

Portis has a good shot at getting it, but I think McNabb will get it. QBs are usually favored more for comeback players.

Betts won't be stealing much from Portis. It will be somewhat similar to the LT/Turner ratio probably. Betts however is a much better receiver out of the backfield, so expect decent receiving number from him.
Old 08-06-2007, 06:36 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hopefully LeCharles Bentley. My money is on Randy Moss though.
Old 08-06-2007, 06:39 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Moss doesn't deserve it even if he has a great year. Whats he coming back from laziness or playing for a bad team? Those don't qualify as reasons to win the CPOTY in my mind.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 06:42 PM    (permalink
amag
Rookie

amag needs more cowbell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24cadillac24 View Post
Chris Simms..
Everyone stop saying Simms, he is not even going to make the team right now.
amag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 06:45 PM    (permalink
HawkeyeFan
Rookie

HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is it possible to be Orlando Pace?

The Cadillac Three - Tennessee Mojo
http://youtu.be/N41DdVedXCo
HawkeyeFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 07:22 PM    (permalink
'cuse-213
Pro Bowler

'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Michael Haynes- yea thats right, hes tearing up jets camp.
Willis Mcgahee
David Carr
Old 08-06-2007, 07:23 PM    (permalink
elway777
All-Pro

elway777 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.elway777 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Byron Leftwich
elway777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 07:30 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chris Simms won't win it because

1. He has no line to protect him
2. He has no one to throw to
3. He's not that good
4. He has to beat out like 6 other QBs, which I don't think he'll do
Old 08-06-2007, 08:22 PM    (permalink
amag
Rookie

amag needs more cowbell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
Chris Simms won't win it because

1. He has no line to protect him
2. He has no one to throw to
3. He's not that good
4. He has to beat out like 6 other QBs, which I don't think he'll do
hes completing like 1 out of every 4 passes in tc right now, and this is just him and the wr running routes, no defense

he has developed terrible mechanics because of the spleen injury, its a shame because i really thought he could have turned out to be a star for tampa.
amag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 08:27 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooth Criminal View Post
Moss doesn't deserve it even if he has a great year. Whats he coming back from laziness or playing for a bad team? Those don't qualify as reasons to win the CPOTY in my mind.
Nice plus + rep.