Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 08-08-2007, 09:04 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
Tressel/Carr head to head

2001 Ohio State wins
2002 Ohio State wins again
2003 UM gets lucky :)
2004 Ohio State wins again
2005 Ohio State wins again
2006 Ohio State wins again
I'm aware of the Tressel/Carr series breakdown. That doesn't change that Lloyd is a .500 coach in this rivalry.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 09:04 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

By the way, you guys don't need Malcolm Jenkins. We'll trade you Morgan Trent and Johnny Sears for him. ;)
Old 08-08-2007, 09:09 PM    (permalink
BadgerMike
Rookie

BadgerMike hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNIPER26 View Post
Chris Wells makes me want to go in hiding and not come out.

Your either very young or very small I take it?
BadgerMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 09:24 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadgerMike View Post
Your either very young or very small I take it?
Haha no I'm 20 years old and about the same size as Beanie. He's a tad more cut and jacked than I am ;)
Old 08-08-2007, 10:26 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm aware of the Tressel/Carr series breakdown. That doesn't change that Lloyd is a .500 coach in this rivalry.
Well that doesn't really count though, Cooper couldn't win a big game for anything. The only bowl game or Michigan game he ever won where he wasn't very heavily favored in was the 97 Rose Bowl. The point is Tressel owns Llllloyd, and guaranteeing a victory is a pretty bold move considering.
Old 08-08-2007, 10:29 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
Well that doesn't really count though,
Sure it counts. What because the result isn't in your favor it doesn't count? I guess Lloyd is 5-1 vs. OSU since the Tressel games don't count because I didn't like the result of them.

Last edited by Sniper : 08-08-2007 at 10:56 PM.
Old 08-08-2007, 11:11 PM    (permalink
'backer

The entire roster is completely jacked.
Old 08-08-2007, 11:17 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'backer View Post
The entire roster is completely jacked.
That is something I can agree with. Laurinaitis looks like he might even be able to shed a block this year!
Old 08-08-2007, 11:59 PM    (permalink
Buckeyes
Rookie

Buckeyes is a cocksman.Buckeyes is a cocksman.Buckeyes is a cocksman.Buckeyes is a cocksman.Buckeyes is a cocksman.

I'm suprised a Michigan fan didnt bring up the overall rivarly record... thats usually what they have to resort to.
Old 08-09-2007, 01:22 AM    (permalink
gstock05
Veteran

gstock05 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Sure it counts. What because the result isn't in your favor it doesn't count? I guess Lloyd is 5-1 vs. OSU since the Tressel games don't count because I didn't like the result of them.
Well by that matter, why don't we just compare the woody hayes and bo schembechler records too? Becuase obviously they're extremely relevant.

Fact is, the only relevant series is the Tressel Carr one, in which we're 5-1. The cooper- Carr series is moot since there are no cooper players here, and he's not our coach.

Okey dokey, first off, your safeties are average. Maybe not bad, but your cornerbacks suck. Shawn Crable is a good linebacker, thats it. 1 player doesn't make your back 7 good sorry to say. Defensive line? I'll give you Tim Jamison, and i'll give you a benefit of the doubt in saying that Brandon Graham or Chris Graham might be good, but anything other than that and i'll be reaching.

I dont think PSU will have a better overall record than Michigan, but they play us tougher. I expect PSU and Michigan to be about the same in the loss column. PSU might not have a great offense, but their defense is loaded, and Morelli DID improve as the season went on. He'll be better this year no doubt. Great? Doubt that, but either way.

Wisconsin is the only team who is as well rounded as OSU is coming back. Thats why I think Wiscy will be a 1 loss team losing to OSU, while OSU loses away at PSU.
gstock05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 01:30 AM    (permalink
gstock05
Veteran

BTW, Chris Wells is 240 lbs, and has the same speed as Antonio Pittman who ran a sub 4.4 forty at the combine. He's a freak. Here is a pic... it just shows how much bigger he is than everyone else....

He's #28...
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by gstock05 View Post
Well by that matter, why don't we just compare the woody hayes and bo schembechler records too? Becuase obviously they're extremely relevant.

Well no. Because you're talking about what Carr has done vs. OSU. It's Ohio State, not Tressel State.

Okey dokey, first off, your safeties are average. Maybe not bad, but your cornerbacks suck. Shawn Crable is a good linebacker, thats it. 1 player doesn't make your back 7 good sorry to say. Defensive line? I'll give you Tim Jamison, and i'll give you a benefit of the doubt in saying that Brandon Graham or Chris Graham might be good, but anything other than that and i'll be reaching.

Terrance Taylor is an animal. He's one of the best DT's in the conference returning. B. Graham is a Woodley clone. The other guys, English will make them good. Come on. Woodley, Harris, Burgess, etc.. were pretty much underachievers until last year. They were good, but first in the country in rush D good.

I dont think PSU will have a better overall record than Michigan, but they play us tougher. I expect PSU and Michigan to be about the same in the loss column. PSU might not have a great offense, but their defense is loaded, and Morelli DID improve as the season went on. He'll be better this year no doubt. Great? Doubt that, but either way.

PSU looked like a powerhouse last year vs. you guys. All Morelli did last year was beat a vastly overhyped Tennessee team (SEC SPEED!) He looked terrible vs. ND, OSU, UM etc...

Wisconsin is the only team who is as well rounded as OSU is coming back. Thats why I think Wiscy will be a 1 loss team losing to OSU, while OSU loses away at PSU.

Wisconsin has PJ Hill, a supremely overrated RB on offense and Travis Beckum, a really good TE. Other than that???? Uhhhhhhh....How is that well-rounded? And OSU has as many question marks on O as UM does on D, so how are you well-rounded? Chris Wells is a beast but he hasn't proven **** as a starter yet. And that's your best returning skill player. Both Wisco and OSU figure to have really good defenses, but well-rounded? Not yet.
See comments.
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by gstock05 View Post
BTW, Chris Wells is 240 lbs, and has the same speed as Antonio Pittman who ran a sub 4.4 forty at the combine. He's a freak. Here is a pic... it just shows how much bigger he is than everyone else....

He's #28...
Not doubting his size or ability. Let's see how he does a starter before we annoint him the next LT.
Old 08-09-2007, 09:55 AM    (permalink
BrownsTown
All-Pro

BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chris Wells = next Jamal Lewis except without the scared running.
BrownsTown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 09:59 AM    (permalink
Buckeyes
Rookie

Buckeyes is a cocksman.Buckeyes is a cocksman.Buckeyes is a cocksman.Buckeyes is a cocksman.Buckeyes is a cocksman.

Jamal Lewis is horrible. He only had big games against the team he joined. He is past his prime.
Old 08-09-2007, 10:11 AM    (permalink
BrownsTown
All-Pro

BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeyes View Post
Jamal Lewis is horrible. He only had big games against the team he joined. He is past his prime.
Well, now, sure, but he was pretty good during his prime.
BrownsTown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 10:20 AM    (permalink
Buckeyes
Rookie

Well of course... If your in a prime, you have some talent. I think Wells will be a Stephen Jackson type back, if his speed improves a bit.
Old 08-09-2007, 11:28 AM    (permalink
gstock05
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeyes View Post
Well of course... If your in a prime, you have some talent. I think Wells will be a Stephen Jackson type back, if his speed improves a bit.
He already runs a sub 4.45. How much faster do you want him to be?
Old 08-09-2007, 12:45 PM    (permalink
Buckeyes
Rookie

4.35... Ginny speed... haha I'm just messing. He's a beast.
Old 08-09-2007, 02:54 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownsTown View Post
Chris Wells = next Jamal Lewis except without the scared running.
Nah, Wells can run great off tackle and around the edge. Lewis has always been a between the tackles guy even though he is 4.4 fast. Wells is more like Ricky Williams or Eddie George. He actually is a lot like Jim Brown except not that good....and he actually does really resemble Brown in the face.
Old 08-09-2007, 03:31 PM    (permalink
gstock05
Veteran

Quote:
Nah, Wells can run great off tackle and around the edge. Lewis has always been a between the tackles guy even though he is 4.4 fast. Wells is more like Ricky Williams or Eddie George. He actually is a lot like Jim Brown except not that good....and he actually does really resemble Brown in the face.
The best comparison I can think of for Wells is Deuce McCallister. I think he might be a little faster than Deuce was in college, but I think they have very similar skill sets.
Old 08-10-2007, 10:28 AM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I mean they don't count for right now. Tressel is not Cooper, and Carr is 1-5 against Tressel. What have you done for me lately is the name of the game in sports.
Old 08-11-2007, 12:41 PM    (permalink
ThEvIcTR
Rookie

ThEvIcTR hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I can't wait til the **** eye fans come to Ann Arbor. the last time they walked threw I was at SAE and **** eye's were yelling and talking **** to a whole party of michigan fans. Guys from the house came out and I got to see one of the biggest ass kickings i have ever seen in my entire life. Instead of watching the game at the big house the **** eyes got to watch it from the E.R.

Thanks to Gang Green for the SIG

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CpbXXPOgR2w
ThEvIcTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 12:56 PM    (permalink
OhioState
Veteran

OhioState hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.OhioState hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThEvIcTR View Post
I can't wait til the **** eye fans come to Ann Arbor. the last time they walked threw I was at SAE and **** eye's were yelling and talking **** to a whole party of michigan fans. Guys from the house came out and I got to see one of the biggest ass kickings i have ever seen in my entire life. Instead of watching the game at the big house the **** eyes got to watch it from the E.R.
and you guys won that game right?
Old 08-11-2007, 08:04 PM    (permalink
ThEvIcTR
Rookie

ThEvIcTR hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

At that point i could careless if we won that game or not, because i was witness to a horribly amazing ass kicking.

Thanks to Gang Green for the SIG

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CpbXXPOgR2w
ThEvIcTR is offline   Reply With Quote