Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 08-06-2007, 02:33 PM    (permalink
reigle9
Veteran

reigle9 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default Mock Draft Thread

There you go doingthisinsteadofwork.

I'm a Cowboy fan but I would love to see Puz and Connor reunited. I don't know if I could handle it.

I'm still holding out for the Boys to get the #1 pick and select McFadden, it would be so perfect.
reigle9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 02:34 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

terrell thomas first cb taken... i likey.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 02:45 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll say again a mock that has the Boys taking Phillips and Stewart will get no complaints from me for now. We have to see how everything unfolds, but I still like.
Paul is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 02:52 PM    (permalink
doingthisinsteadofwork
All-Pro

doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.

McFadden looks good but Id hate to see us picking first again.
Old 08-06-2007, 02:59 PM    (permalink
Scott Wright
Owner
All-NFLDC

Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doingthisinsteadofwork View Post
Don't get too hung up on the draft order.

As I mentioned in another thread the order was compiled by averaging out a number of power rankings (PFW, Peter King, etc.)

With these realy early mocks my main goal is to get the first round caliber players in the right general area, even if the team need isn't an exact fit.

Twitter: twitter.com/DraftCountdown

Draft Countdown Podcast, Every Tuesday at 8 PM EST
www.blogtalkradio.com/draftcountdown and on iTunes

Scott Wright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 03:06 PM    (permalink
ncst8fan83
Pro Bowler

ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doingthisinsteadofwork View Post
they'll be there until they address the trenches. they need to start drafting football players and worry about their athletic feats 2nd. 40 times aren't everything.

I don't like the Chargers taking a CB in the first. They need to address NT and possibly RB. McCree isn't getting any younger either so maybe a FS/SS depending on where Weddle settles out. Also, OG is getting a bit old. They will probably address Goff's spot or move Olivea inside and draft a RT.

My Top 5:
1. Frank Okam
2. Red Bryant
3. Andre Brown
4. Mike Jenkins(cb/fs)
5. Shannon Tevaga

I also don't think there's a snow balls chance in hell Doucet runs a 4.5. What ever happened to Xavier Carter, btw?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan Freeman
Titty sprinkles
ncst8fan83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 03:09 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Like you predicted Scott I'm not a fan of the eagles pick, I'd much rather someone like Rivers or Brinkley, who could be the future replacements for Spikes and Trotter respectively (unless Omar Gaither proves something this season).

With the possibility of William James entering FA we might be in a strong need for a nickel CB and with Cason there that could be a good choice.

Also LJ Smith is entering his contract year as well so TE might be a very good possibility as well. Someone like Fred Davis.

Last edited by Go_Eagles77 : 08-06-2007 at 03:12 PM.
Go_Eagles77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 03:11 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We're not going to a 4-3.

Tomlin has stated time and time again he's sticking with the 3-4.

Though we could use Tommy Blake, as he'll be our WOLB/4-3 RDE.

Timmons is supposed to be shifting to RILB.. Foote to LILB and Woodley is our future at LOLB.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/center]
Mr. Stiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 03:13 PM    (permalink
HerthaFootballFan
Rookie

Location: from Prenzlauer Berg, Berlin, Germany but now living in Buffalo
HerthaFootballFan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I'd rather see us working on our defense as I think Droughns will be the primary backup and Bradshaw has had a great showing so far this offseason so i think we should atleast wait until we've given him a chance to fail. In the mean time I think we should look at the D, I could see us taking an UT, a CB, a FS or even a stud WLB who would move Wilkinson back inside to back up AP.
HerthaFootballFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 03:14 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Amazing Falcons pick.
Old 08-06-2007, 03:31 PM    (permalink
doingthisinsteadofwork
All-Pro

doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncst8fan83 View Post
they'll be there until they address the trenches. they need to start drafting football players and worry about their athletic feats 2nd. 40 times aren't everything.
Uhh lets see we signed Carlisle and Newberry.And we drafted Henderson.Not to mention we brought in Cable as our Oline coach.
Old 08-06-2007, 03:34 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

eww slaton to the Giants. ewww- to understand why i hate this pic, look into my sig...
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 04:01 PM    (permalink
rainbeaukid2
All-Pro

rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i don't really like the early doucet to the niners pick. i believe that there is a much bigger need at FS where we have mark roman starting than at WR where we have two consistent WRs in darrell jackson and arnaz battle starting. then, we have rookie jason hill who has the physical tools to succeed, 2nd year player brandon williams who hasn't been given the chance to play yet but holds the receiving record at wisconsin, marcus maxwell who tore up nfl europe and hasn't gotten a chance yet, etc.

whereas, with all of that, at FS we have mark roman is a vet but not that great, keith lewis is backing him up and the coaches want him to be able to be 100% to play special teams as he is great there. after that we have 2nd year player marcus hudson who could be playing corner or safety know, i am not really sure. then, this year's 6th round pick dashon goldson might not make the team
Old 08-06-2007, 04:14 PM    (permalink
duckseason
All-Pro

duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Despite having serious doubts that we will be looking for a safety, I think I would soil myself if our 1st round turned out like that. I do think there's a good chance we'll be looking for a RB, and getting Stewart at 22 would be tremendous. You're right though, it'd be hard to pass on Phillips and it's pretty tough at this point to accurately project what our biggest needs will be come selection time. But I do know that our coaching staff greatly values a veteran presence at the FS position, and many of us like our current youth at the position as well. But yeah, who knows.
Old 08-06-2007, 04:33 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Very happy with the Packers' selection. After Harris and Woodson, who are no longer youngsters, they aren't really any backup corners that possess the ability to be an effective DB in the NFL.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 04:59 PM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Picking 3rd :(...I hope we do better than that but i wouldnt mind if we do get the thrid pick i would wanna take Brohm because Tarvaris controls the Vikings Destiny.

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure
The Dynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 05:07 PM    (permalink
ncst8fan83
Pro Bowler

ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dynasty View Post
Picking 3rd :(...I hope we do better than that but i wouldnt mind if we do get the thrid pick i would wanna take Brohm because Tarvaris controls the Vikings Destiny.
did you mean wouldn't? and if so, did you really say that with a straight face?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan Freeman
Titty sprinkles
ncst8fan83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 06:04 PM    (permalink
vikings11

I like all of the draft except for the Vikings pick. We won't be picking that high(though since we won't make the playoffs, I wouldn't mind), and of course Tarvaris will be green this year. We have confidence in him, and he deserves more than one year.

Besides, I think I'd rather have Andre Woodson there over Brohm.
Old 08-06-2007, 07:12 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't get too hung up on the draft order.

As I mentioned in another thread the order was compiled by averaging out a number of power rankings (PFW, Peter King, etc.)

With these realy early mocks my main goal is to get the first round caliber players in the right general area, even if the team need isn't an exact fit.
Couldn't you just be a pal and switch New Orleans and Indy so I can sleep at night? ;)
mqtirishfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 07:18 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why are Mike Jenkins, Rey Maualuga, and Vernon Gholston not included in the mock? I think those 3 are first round locks.
Old 08-06-2007, 08:36 PM    (permalink
reigle9
Veteran

reigle9 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckseason View Post
Despite having serious doubts that we will be looking for a safety, I think I would soil myself if our 1st round turned out like that. I do think there's a good chance we'll be looking for a RB, and getting Stewart at 22 would be tremendous. You're right though, it'd be hard to pass on Phillips and it's pretty tough at this point to accurately project what our biggest needs will be come selection time. But I do know that our coaching staff greatly values a veteran presence at the FS position, and many of us like our current youth at the position as well. But yeah, who knows.
Cowboy fan, in addition to a Duck fan? You probably would have as much trouble as me if the PSU LB's would get back together.

You are right though. There is no telling what our needs are going to be at the end of the season. I think it's about 60/40 that Julius has a huge season and we don't even need a RB. That said, with his contract and if we had the opportunity to draft McFadden, it's going to take about a 1300-15 season from Julius to pass on Mc.
reigle9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 08:50 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow, there is some faith and bad luck for the Falcons. We would be lucky to win that many games next year, but unlucky in the long term considering what our record should be.

Decent pick. Not a huge fan. I like a lot of players more than Woodson but my guy in this scenario would be first-round no show Barry Richardson, who I think will be a stud. Then in round 2 I grab a QB like Henne (who I think is a great value in round 2), Ainge, Matt Ryan, Sam Keller, etc..Then we have a variety of needs to be addressed with the other 2nd round pick(DE, OLB, MLB, NT, nickle CB, SS, WR, RB, and maybe a few surprises...yeah, we have some needs).

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 10:50 PM    (permalink
JF4
Pro Bowler

JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Love the Green Bay pick, they're secondary is probably going to be the biggest question mark at the end of the year. And they have a serious lack of depth at CB outside of Harris and Woodson who are both aging. A corner could come and ease his way into the system with those two in front of him.

stephenson86
JF4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 11:14 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
Why are Mike Jenkins, Rey Maualuga, and Vernon Gholston not included in the mock? I think those 3 are first round locks.
2 out of 3 of them are underclassmen. Not sure about Scott's reasoning of not having them not coming out, but that is why they aren't there. Jenkins is the only senior, and he is far from a first round lock.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg

Last edited by draftguru151 : 08-07-2007 at 01:00 AM.
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 11:17 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kenny Phillips is in the mock...