Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 08-07-2007, 09:11 PM    (permalink
ShutDwn
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyway...

Mike had a very emotional speech from what I heard, for everyone including Fox and the Owner Richardson. Richardson also issued a challenge to a certain DE on the team to step up and become the leader. The speech really seemed to hit the vets that they need to step up.
Old 08-08-2007, 09:47 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I bet Chris Harris is happy. He went from potential roster cut to best safety on his new team. He's serviceable at best, but I always liked him as a teamate and person. Definately a hard worker and somebody that clearly loves the game.

That being said, I don't care how you shine this, the Panthers safties are an issue. Is it a backbreaking issue? Who knows? But Chris Harris and Nate Salley aren't even as good as Marlon McCree and Mike Minter if you want to use that as a base of comparison. In fact they aren't even close.

The Saints have to be happy as ducks the last few weeks. I honestly think the NFC South might be the worst division in football this year, even worse than the NFC North.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 10:54 AM    (permalink
ShutDwn
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
I bet Chris Harris is happy. He went from potential roster cut to best safety on his new team. He's serviceable at best, but I always liked him as a teamate and person. Definately a hard worker and somebody that clearly loves the game.

That being said, I don't care how you shine this, the Panthers safties are an issue. Is it a backbreaking issue? Who knows? But Chris Harris and Nate Salley aren't even as good as Marlon McCree and Mike Minter if you want to use that as a base of comparison. In fact they aren't even close.

The Saints have to be happy as ducks the last few weeks. I honestly think the NFC South might be the worst division in football this year, even worse than the NFC North.
Salley is better than Minter would be in this season. Minter hasn't been the at his best the last two years and wasn't in position a lot of the time. Chris Harris can be every bit as good as Marlon McCree too. The Panthers don't put much of a shine on the safety position as it is, so it doesn't matter.

The Panthers were seventh in total defense last year. That was with Minter and Shawn Williams at safety, Ken Lucas being injured the entire year and Chris Gamble being erratic the whole season. All of those have changed, Chris Harris is better than either Minter or Williams and isn't going to be forced to be playing deep centerfield.

In 06, Marlon Mccree played SS for us, and was used in run support more than anything, Minter was used at FS, and was decent at best. But he didn't really need to be much more than that as the corners played amazing on their own and didn't need much help over the top. The weakness on that defense was consistently Ricky Manning Jr. and teams attacked him in the slot.

The North has one good team, the Lions can scare people, the Vikings have to figure out if their QB can play, and the Packers aren't going to be a threat unless something miraculous happens.

The South has the Saints who should be good, and then the Panthers who finished badly, but were in positions to win almost all of the games they lost. They have addressed their biggest issue, that being offense, and have gotten healthy and added young talent on defense.