Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

View Poll Results: Who is the most athletic player next year?
Darren McFadden 9 20.93%
Percy Harvin 7 16.28%
DeSean Jackson 10 23.26%
Tim Tebow 0 0%
Pat White 5 11.63%
Steve Slaton 5 11.63%
Other 7 16.28%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-06-2007, 06:07 PM    (permalink
TouchdownUSC
Rookie

TouchdownUSC hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default Who is the most athletic player in college football?

who is the most athletic?

im going DMac, but i think Harvin is a very close second

Last edited by TouchdownUSC : 08-06-2007 at 06:10 PM.
TouchdownUSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 06:10 PM    (permalink
Michigan
Who wants to sex Mutombo?
Pro Bowler

Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tebow?

I'm still going with the guy I mentioned in your first thread, Everson Griffin. Darren McFadden, Arrelious Benn, and Percy Harvin would be my next 3 picks.
Old 08-06-2007, 06:11 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

DeSean Jackson

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 06:11 PM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah I don't know why we need two threads, but I'm still going with Pat White.

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.
Giants, ASU Sun Devils, Yankees
Turtlepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 06:12 PM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
DeSean Jackson
I think Desean is the most versatile player in college football.

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Old 08-06-2007, 06:13 PM    (permalink
TouchdownUSC
Rookie

TouchdownUSC hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtlepower View Post
I think Desean is the most versatile player in college football.
how so? i mean he is a phenominal receiver/return man but i see harvin being more versitle as he can play other positions like RB. as far as i know desean never played running back?
TouchdownUSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 06:14 PM    (permalink
elway777
All-Pro

elway777 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.elway777 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Benn wasn't even the most athletic WR in his class.
elway777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 06:18 PM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TouchdownUSC View Post
how so? i mean he is a phenominal receiver/return man but i see harvin being more versitle as he can play other positions like RB. as far as i know desean never played running back?
But is Percy Harvin exceptional at RB. IMO, Jackson is the best WR and the best KR/PR in the country. He can be a #1 receiver in the NFL unlike a former Ohio State WR and can make an instant impact with his returning skills. Has Harvin shown that he can be an elite player at two positions because I think the Jackson is one of the few people in this class who can.

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Old 08-06-2007, 06:26 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Harvin is a poor man's Reggie Bush, as of NOW. He is an exceptional Running Back and a threat at Wide Receiver. I think DeSean Jackson is the most athletically talented player in the game right now. He's arguably the fastest player. He's a threat every time he touches the ball no matter where it is on the field. I think when it comes to the athleticism DMC, DJackson, and Harvin are neck and neck.

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 06:28 PM    (permalink
elway777
All-Pro

elway777 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.elway777 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Micah Johnson RB/LB is a mentionable.
elway777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 06:32 PM    (permalink
BigJohn98
Pro Bowler

BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Drew Weatherford is above and beyond anyone in the country.
BigJohn98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 06:35 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Homer answer: Brandon Saine :)
Old 08-06-2007, 08:11 PM    (permalink
OhioState
Veteran

OhioState hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.OhioState hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

tim tebow does not deserve to be on the list.
Old 08-06-2007, 11:27 PM    (permalink
gstock05
Veteran

gstock05 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Whats this based on?

I'll put in my two cents. Size + speed, or Purespeed = best athlete.

1. Jamaal Charles- 6'0 and around 200 lbs and ran a 10.05 (or something close to that) 100 meter dash. He IS a freak athlete.

2. Everson Griffen- 6'5 260 and ran an electronically timed 4.5 forty. pretty damn good if you ask me.

3. Brandon Saine- fastest highschool sprinter in Ohio state history. Broke the records as a junior and never did track again as a senior. Not to mention he's 6'1 and will play at 220 + pounds in college.

4. Taylor Mays- just a freak athlete.
gstock05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 11:39 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would say Harvin based off of the little we saw of him last season, we will have a lot more to measure him by in 2007.

My homer pick is Brian Toal who has done well as a goal line RB and OLB.

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 11:50 PM    (permalink
BUSTKUNTLAWL
Veteran

BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Martez Wilson is a better athlete than Griffen; so Griffen's name needs to stop being mentioned.
Old 08-07-2007, 02:58 AM    (permalink
Jhawk386

Since this is most athletic, and not best player, I'm going with Richard Gordon out of Miami.
Old 08-07-2007, 08:21 AM    (permalink
constant cough
Rookie

constant cough hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I voted other since Early Doucet isn't on the list. You know the guy penchs like 400lbs right?
constant cough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 08:27 AM    (permalink
Michigan
Who wants to sex Mutombo?
Pro Bowler

Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSTKUNTLAWL View Post
Martez Wilson is a better athlete than Griffen; so Griffen's name needs to stop being mentioned.
(off Rivals)
Griffen: 6'4 266 4.56 405 bench max
Wilson: 6'4 230 4.58 25 reps 31" vert 4.37 shuttle

I'll take the extra 36 lbs and go with Griffen.
Old 08-07-2007, 10:43 AM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jonathan Stewart deserves a mention. He's 5'11 230, ran a 4.34, power cleans 385 and benches 410. That's a pretty crazy size/speed/strength combo.
Old 08-07-2007, 05:24 PM    (permalink
duckseason
All-Pro

duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, this question is tough without a flat definition of "athletic." A lot of people interpret that word differently. For me, it doesn't really have a lot to do with how good a football player you are. Otherwise you could just ask who the best football player is. I'd be judging overall size, strength, stamina, agility and speed. Don't know enough about all the kids across the country to pick a guy.
Old 08-07-2007, 06:03 PM    (permalink
HoopsDemon12
Pro Bowler

HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.

Most atletic player is easy for me... he can trow the ball a good distance.. has decent accuracy... played baseball and excelled in it.... fastest QB in college and i think if he goes as a pro QB he will inherrit vicks spot as the fastest QB... he is agile and can break tackles.. Pat white is an easy pick for me

Sig By Diehardvikingfan
HoopsDemon12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 06:10 PM    (permalink
duckseason
All-Pro

duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoopsDemon12 View Post
Most atletic player is easy for me... he can trow the ball a good distance.. has decent accuracy... played baseball and excelled in it.... fastest QB in college and i think if he goes as a pro QB he will inherrit vicks spot as the fastest QB... he is agile and can break tackles.. Pat white is an easy pick for me
Hmm. According to that criteria I could make a case for Dennis Dixon. Not that I would though.
Old 08-07-2007, 06:15 PM    (permalink
HoopsDemon12
Pro Bowler

HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckseason View Post
Hmm. According to that criteria I could make a case for Dennis Dixon. Not that I would though.
well he may be one of the most athletic players... for me athletic means overall... not how good of a football player.. i mean an athlete is someone that excels at many sports... can jump high, run fast, great agility, strong... because some players are great at a sport because they are tactitions and have great technique.. these are guys who have the raw abilty and talent

Sig By Diehardvikingfan
HoopsDemon12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 06:53 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
DeSean Jackson
Jackson and White are two sport stars. ((baseball))

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"
fischbowl is offline   Reply With Quote