Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2015 NFL Draft Forum

2015 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2015 NFL Draft

Old 08-07-2007, 03:55 PM    (permalink
naruto613
Rookie

naruto613 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default Ray Rice= 1st Rounder?

I was surprised not to see Ray Rice on Scott's Mock Draft. Not only is he an excellent RB, he's also a Dark Horse candidate for the Heisman. Yes I know that he is undersized, but not Garret Wolfe Undersized. What do you guys think? 1st Rounder?
naruto613 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 04:14 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i think if he has a season like he did last year definite first rounder... although he is losing his lead blocker so that might hurt
Old 08-07-2007, 04:21 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well he's probably about 5'9.5/195 or so. Will probably run at 200-205 at his combine. Not very big for a feature back, and he's not of the Warrick Dunn/Reggie Bush mold to be considered an exception. I think he'll be a 2nd rounder or so, depending on how he performs of course.
Old 08-07-2007, 04:28 PM    (permalink
Basileus777
All-Pro

Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
Well he's probably about 5'9.5/195 or so. Will probably run at 200-205 at his combine. Not very big for a feature back, and he's not of the Warrick Dunn/Reggie Bush mold to be considered an exception. I think he'll be a 2nd rounder or so, depending on how he performs of course.
Not to mention that Rice doesn't have great speed. I like Rice, but I don't think he is a first round pick.
Basileus777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 04:32 PM    (permalink
schmiddog
Veteran

schmiddog hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

late second\early third would be my prediction
Old 08-07-2007, 04:33 PM    (permalink
Jonny
Veteran

Jonny is a cocksman.Jonny is a cocksman.Jonny is a cocksman.

Rice is only 5'7, I've seen him in person. He runs a 4.6 (very good acceleration though). Look at this video at 10 min and you'll see what I mean. Revis chases him down on what should be an easy TD.

Third round pick, but I do think he'll make a good pro. Great vision, and he's as strong as an ox. Wears down defenses for being such a little guy, and he gets stronger with more carries. Think Emmitt Smith or Joe Morris.
Jonny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 04:43 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

HE WONT ENTER. i have a feeling I'll be saying this alot until the deadline...
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 05:54 PM    (permalink
Man_Of_Steel
Pro Bowler

Man_Of_Steel hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I think hes a late first rounder. I dont think come the end of round 1 that many teams will look at him and pass because of measurables after seeing players like Jones Drew and Norwood excel despite less than ideal size.
Man_Of_Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 06:13 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think he will go as a first rounder. There are better prospects and he is clearly undersized without great speed.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 06:22 PM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think in terms of size and speed, he and Mike Hart are probably quite similiar, meaning both are undersized(listed as 5'9", 205 for Rice and 5'9" 196 for Hart), without great speed. Really, Mike Hart is one of my favorite Wolverines ever, but I really see him and Rice as 3rd rounders at best. Obviously not because of production though, as both are very productive players. Simply because their measurables are going to push them down boards. Both seems like guys with tremendous vision, and good burst through the hole. Good intangibles, unfortunately things that you can't measure, and nowadays, teams seem to like to see those measurables, at least a bit. You can use the Maurice Drew argument, but Drew also ran a very fast 40 if I remember correctly, which obviously helped him out a bit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakey View Post
WWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFF!!!

i am literally gonna kick a baby to death!
ironman4579 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 06:28 PM    (permalink
HoopsDemon12
Pro Bowler

HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangini for pres View Post
i think if he has a season like he did last year definite first rounder... although he is losing his lead blocker so that might hurt
umm losing brian leonard as a lead blocker wont hurt as much as you think... as someone taking pressure of him running the ball.. sure... but its not like he was a smash mouth lead blocker by any means

Sig By Diehardvikingfan
HoopsDemon12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 06:30 PM    (permalink
Philliez01
All-Pro

Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not sure what to say on Rice. As a RU fan, I love watching him play but I am unsure of his pro potential. Look:

He hits the hole hard and runs hard. But look at the measureables.

He's short, not particularly fast and while he runs like one, he's not a bruiser. He looks for contact, which all fans love, but it could be taxing on a guy of his frame later on in his career. I doubt he declares, but when he's draft eligible, he'll have quite a bit of tread on his body. He's got the intangibles, but not the measureables.

Give JKPIGSKIN credit for this masterpiece
Philliez01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 06:36 PM    (permalink
duckseason
All-Pro

duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by naruto613 View Post
I was surprised not to see Ray Rice on Scott's Mock Draft. Not only is he an excellent RB, he's also a Dark Horse candidate for the Heisman. Yes I know that he is undersized, but not Garret Wolfe Undersized. What do you guys think? 1st Rounder?
Not sure what being a heisman candidate has to do with anything, but the thing is that there are just too many guys ahead of him as far as NFL potential goes. There would need to be an unprecedented push for RB's this year for him to be considered a 1st round talent, and I just don't see that happening, at all. Also, isn't he a junior? I expect to see him in a Rutgers uni next year.
Old 08-07-2007, 06:47 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
teams will be thinking about MJD before they pass on him. It depends, he might goto the Pats to bring back the 2 back system.
Old 08-07-2007, 06:53 PM    (permalink
Philliez01
All-Pro

Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PACKmanN View Post
teams will be thinking about MJD before they pass on him. It depends, he might goto the Pats to bring back the 2 back system.
But he isn't much like MJD. MJD is built more like a bruising back and is about 15+ pounds heavier, has return man potential, is a better receiver and is faster.

Give JKPIGSKIN credit for this masterpiece
Philliez01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 06:55 PM    (permalink
amag
Rookie

amag needs more cowbell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man_Of_Steel View Post
I think hes a late first rounder. I dont think come the end of round 1 that many teams will look at him and pass because of measurables after seeing players like Jones Drew and Norwood excel despite less than ideal size.
Norwoods like six foot...
amag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 06:58 PM    (permalink
duckseason
All-Pro

duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, the fact that a superior prospect such as Drew fell to the end of the 2nd round should tell you a little something about where NFL teams might have Rice ranked at this point.
Old 08-07-2007, 07:48 PM    (permalink
HoopsDemon12
Pro Bowler

HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.

i think mike hart will go before ray rice... and mike hart isnt gonna go in the first round... they are both gamers who get it done even with lacking elite measurables... of course i dont think he is on harts level yet... i want another good season

Sig By Diehardvikingfan
Old 08-07-2007, 08:26 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Id LOVE him in Giant blue. Him and Jacobs can give us a formiddable 2 back system for years. Im not sure if I like him in the 1st, but if he's there in the 2nd, he better be in Giant blue.
Old 08-07-2007, 08:40 PM    (permalink
HerthaFootballFan
Rookie

Location: from Prenzlauer Berg, Berlin, Germany but now living in Buffalo
HerthaFootballFan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Id LOVE him in Giant blue. Him and Jacobs can give us a formiddable 2 back system for years. Im not sure if I like him in the 1st, but if he's there in the 2nd, he better be in Giant blue.
I'd like to see him show better vision in terms of not looking for contact and getting up field, like tiki did and Bradshaw did in college. I'm really into Bradshaw after getting some of his marshall tapes. But if Bradshaw doesn't show anything like he likely won't I'd be down for Ray rice if we can get either a stud corner or FS in the first, although I'd still like to see a stud UT before another RB as well.
HerthaFootballFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 08:43 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HerthaFootballFan View Post
I'd like to see him show better vision in terms of not looking for contact and getting up field, like tiki did and Bradshaw did in college. I'm really into Bradshaw after getting some of his marshall tapes. But if Bradshaw doesn't show anything like he likely won't I'd be down for Ray rice if we can get either a stud corner or FS in the first, although I'd still like to see a stud UT before another RB as well.
The night is young my friend. We'll have all season to figure out what we need :)

I just love Ray Rice as a player. Undersized, not fast, but bluecollar, tough, and not affraid of contact. He makes Jersey proud :)
Old 08-07-2007, 08:45 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ray rice is just sweet. plain and simple. but, I DONT WANT HIM TO LEAVE RU EARLY!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 08:47 PM    (permalink
HerthaFootballFan
Rookie

Location: from Prenzlauer Berg, Berlin, Germany but now living in Buffalo
HerthaFootballFan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
The night is young my friend. We'll have all season to figure out what we need :)

I just love Ray Rice as a player. Undersized, not fast, but bluecollar, tough, and not affraid of contact. He makes Jersey proud :)
Look I love his spirit, but the question is is that the smart decision, is it really best for a tough young runner to seek out contact when he's under 5'9" and only about 200 pounds? I definately could picture him coming into training camp and trying and just getting annihilated by a bigger, strong LB on his first play in the first scrimmage. I'd like to see him show that he can make great reads and cuts to get maximal yardage without throwing himself into a linebacker.
HerthaFootballFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 08:47 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoopsDemon12 View Post
i think mike hart will go before ray rice... and mike hart isnt gonna go in the first round... they are both gamers who get it done even with lacking elite measurables... of course i dont think he is on harts level yet... i want another good season
both will be quality backups or in a 2 back system...
Old 08-07-2007, 09:10 PM    (permalink
HoopsDemon12
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangini for pres View Post
both will be quality backups or in a 2 back system...
that is the most likely scenario... but personalyl i think mike hart would be able to surprise and being curtis martin esque and have a great career

Sig By Diehardvikingfan