Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Miami Dolphins Team Forum

Miami Dolphins Team Forum Discuss the 'Phins

Old 01-12-2007, 12:15 PM    (permalink
Finsfan79
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Finsfan79 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10
By the way, how much did you guys like Capers this last season as your defensive coordinator. The obvious is that Jason Taylor had maybe his greatest season ever under him.

Miami Denied the Giants request to talk to him.

here is my current dolphins top 10 draft list

1. Calvin Johnson WR
2. Joe Thomas LT
3. Gaines Adams DE/OLB
4. Brian Brohm QB
5. Jamal Anderson DE/OLB
6. Brady Quinn QB
7. Jamarcus Russell QB
8. Dwayne Jarrett WR
9. Trade back
10. Patrick Willis OLB
11. Teddy Ginn Jr WR/KR/PR

That is the list for drafting for me for the upcoming draft for the Dolphins of whom I want.
Finsfan79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 12:23 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Miami denied the Giants request to talk to him because he is still in the running for the head coach job. If he doesn't get that or another head coaching job I think he is gone. I read his contract ends on Feb 1st anyway.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 12:31 PM    (permalink
Finsfan79
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Finsfan79 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Nope he is under contract with us for 3 years according to the signing last year :)

Vikings defensive coordinator Mike Tomlin is reportedly likely to get a second interview with the Dolphins.
Miami is expected to interview five of their 12 candidates a second time around. Tomlin seems to have a great reputation in NFL circles as a bright up and coming coach likely to get a head coach. In other Dolphins news, Miami is reportedly prepared to fend off any advances for Dom Capers' services. The Giants are likely to be interested.
Source: South Florida Sun-Sentinel

That is the AP report, it was reported in the Herald too. And upon the dolphins Radio show last night with Joe Bailey (Dolphins president) he said that no matter the head coach Dom Capers will be back as DC.
Finsfan79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 12:37 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Are you sure about that. All reports I read said the media speculates he only signed a 1 year deal last offseason.
Old 01-12-2007, 12:52 PM    (permalink
Athrun340
Rookie

Athrun340 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finsfan79
Nope he is under contract with us for 3 years according to the signing last year :)

Vikings defensive coordinator Mike Tomlin is reportedly likely to get a second interview with the Dolphins.
Miami is expected to interview five of their 12 candidates a second time around. Tomlin seems to have a great reputation in NFL circles as a bright up and coming coach likely to get a head coach. In other Dolphins news, Miami is reportedly prepared to fend off any advances for Dom Capers' services. The Giants are likely to be interested.

That is the AP report, it was reported in the Herald too. And upon the dolphins Radio show last night with Joe Bailey (Dolphins president) he said that no matter the head coach Dom Capers will be back as DC.
its just a one year contract and it expires on feb 1
Old 01-12-2007, 12:53 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Athrun340
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finsfan79

its just a one year contract and it expires on feb 1
Thats what I heard. But I also read if he doesn't get a head coaching job, the Dolphins are prepared to make Capers the highest paid coordinator in the league. So it will be interesting.
Old 01-12-2007, 04:08 PM    (permalink
I'mAHustler
Veteran

I'mAHustler hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Jason played like he had a fire under his ***. At times he seemed unblockable...

Damn, I wish there was some way we could draft Calvin. It's possible he could fall to us, but he won't make it past 7.

He'll probably end up being a WR or something...
I'mAHustler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 05:20 PM    (permalink
hasane
Rookie

hasane hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

The dolphins should definitely draft

Jarvis Moss olb/de florida

he declared today http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2728981
Old 01-12-2007, 07:29 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If he is there in the 2nd round I would love that. I definitely don't want a round 1 DE anymore, there are so many studs this year. And by DE I mean real DE, not a DT/DE (Branch).

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 08:20 PM    (permalink
hasane
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151
If he is there in the 2nd round I would love that. I definitely don't want a round 1 DE anymore, there are so many studs this year. And by DE I mean real DE, not a DT/DE (Branch).
If they keep the 3-4 i think he would be a really good OLB, kind of like who they should have drafted last year Manny Lawson.
Old 01-12-2007, 08:36 PM    (permalink
Athrun340
Rookie

speaking of DE .. if gaine adams falls to us .. i would def pick him

think about JT and adams switching back and forth as DEs and OLBs .. sick
Old 01-12-2007, 08:38 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Manny. :(

Yea, I wouldn't be against taking Adams in the first. I love that our 2 of our biggest needs (DE,CB) are the deepest positions in the draft. Too bad OT sucks. We can get a LT next year though.

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 01-12-2007, 09:43 PM    (permalink
kevinballer08

Hey, guys big dolphin fan here, from way back, has anyone heard the rumor of a Pete Carrol deal, 4 yr. $35 mil, total control, news conference scheduled for Mon., I read it on another board. Probably bull%#it.
Old 01-12-2007, 09:50 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

Do you have a link to that?

Welcome to the board. A lot of Dolphin fans coming in now, I've been lonely with Ace all season.

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 01-12-2007, 09:50 PM    (permalink
Athrun340
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegrassbubba
Hey, guys big dolphin fan here, from way back, has anyone heard the rumor of a Pete Carrol deal, 4 yr. $35 mil, total control, news conference scheduled for Mon., I read it on another board. Probably bull%#it.
what? link to that board?
Old 01-12-2007, 10:12 PM    (permalink
hasane
Rookie

Another try at a mock:

1. Leon Hall CB Michigan

2. Jarvis Moss OLB Florida

3. Ryan Harris OT Notre Dame

4. Brandon Mebane DT California
I know people think he won't be good in the 3-4 but scott says in his scouting report that he is stout at the point.

6. Romance Taylor RB Texas
People compared him to reggie bush before he got thrown out of school, has speed and elusiveness could be a very good complement to Ronnie Brown.

7. Jared Zabransky QB Boise State

please tell me what you guys think about this draft
Old 01-12-2007, 10:27 PM    (permalink
kevinballer08

The forum is topix.net, just someone's opinion, that's why I was asking you about it,

www.topix.net/forum/nfl/miami-dolphins

It's about the third comment down.
Old 01-12-2007, 10:30 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

Mebane is the only one I don't like, a guy like Kareem Brown if he falls to day 2 or Ryan McBean would be great picks as 3-4 DEs. I'm also a bit iffy on Harris because he struggles with power and lacks bulk and I'm not sure Houck will approve of him. I would put money if Roman Oben is starting in the NFL next year it would be for us. I'd like to see a OG in the third to perhaps replace James (even though I like how he played before the injury) or take over RG if Shelton moves back to LT. Other than that it looks good. Just so you know the guy Scott is referring to in my sig is Ramonce Taylor, so... yea.

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 01-12-2007, 10:33 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegrassbubba
The forum is topix.net, just someone's opinion, that's why I was asking you about it,

www.topix.net/forum/nfl/miami-dolphins

It's about the third comment down.
Yea I'm not buying that. I believe Wayne said he didn't want to give anyone full power. I also don't buy Carroll leaving So Cal.

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 01-12-2007, 10:44 PM    (permalink
hasane
Rookie

Quote:
Mebane is the only one I don't like, a guy like Kareem Brown if he falls to day 2 or Ryan McBean would be great picks as 3-4 DEs. I'm also a bit iffy on Harris because he struggles with power and lacks bulk and I'm not sure Houck will approve of him. I would put money if Roman Oben is starting in the NFL next year it would be for us. I'd like to see a OG in the third to perhaps replace James (even though I like how he played before the injury) or take over RG if Shelton moves back to LT. Other than that it looks good. Just so you know the guy Scott is referring to in my sig is Ramonce Taylor, so... yea.
replace romance taylor with selvin young
and replace mebane with Marshal Yanda OG Iowa
Old 01-12-2007, 11:17 PM    (permalink
I'mAHustler
Veteran

I'mAHustler hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Leon Hall is OVERRATED! He gets beat by EVERY big time receiver he faces, he just is going to be an average corner in the NFL, I guarentee it.

He'll probably end up being a WR or something...
I'mAHustler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 11:31 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'mAHustler
Leon Hall is OVERRATED! He gets beat by EVERY big time receiver he faces, he just is going to be an average corner in the NFL, I guarentee it.
He shut down everyone he played this year other than Ted Ginn on a few deep passes. :roll:

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 01-12-2007, 11:35 PM    (permalink
hasane
Rookie

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by I'mAHustler
He shut down everyone he played this year other than Ted Ginn on a few deep passes. :roll:
I thought Dwayne Jarrett ripped him apart in the Rose Bowl.
Old 01-12-2007, 11:37 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-NFLDC

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hasane
Another try at a mock:

1. Leon Hall CB Michigan

2. Jarvis Moss OLB Florida

3. Ryan Harris OT Notre Dame

4. Brandon Mebane DT California
I know people think he won't be good in the 3-4 but scott says in his scouting report that he is stout at the point.

6. Romance Taylor RB Texas
People compared him to reggie bush before he got thrown out of school, has speed and elusiveness could be a very good complement to Ronnie Brown.

7. Jared Zabransky QB Boise State

please tell me what you guys think about this draft
im not a fan of leon hall, mebane, or taylor. definitely like the jarvis moss pick. i do like the harris pick also because he is someone who, despite having some troubles, played well most of the time. i also think he has the room on his frame to add muscle/bulk and become more powerful. i dont think there is really a DT worth taking in this draft (and i dont think DT is even a need for us) for the 3-4 and if we are gonna take a back i would rather take someone like moss, wolfe, or wynn.

i like that u at least have us taking a QB, even though i think we need one earlier. but in the seventh round id rather take someone like Justin Zwick or Matt Gutierrez cause i think they have more upside, and better size for the QB position. plus both are guys with a chip on their shoulder.

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 11:38 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

Jarrett had 2 catches when Hall was near him, one was a 8/9 yard slant, the other was when Jarrett was being doubled by Hall and the safety and Hall had underneath and Barringer had over the top. Barringer got burnt, Hall had to makes up for his mistake, and missed the tackle. Hall and a very good game against USC.

<njx9> <3 dg