Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Miami Dolphins Team Forum

Miami Dolphins Team Forum Discuss the 'Phins

Old 01-15-2007, 08:07 AM    (permalink
Finsfan79
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Finsfan79 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I dont want Jim Mora Jr, I dont want his west coast crap offense.

I am not a big fan of Chan Gailey either. Tomlin is defensive minded so forget him.

Narrows it down for me to Brian Schottenheimer, Marty (if fired today) or Cameron.

I still want Norm Chow.
Finsfan79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 11:59 AM    (permalink
fotbll36
Veteran

fotbll36 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I think that Cam Cameron would be a great fit for us and I'm almost happy that the Chargers lost so now we can have a more in depth talk with him.
fotbll36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 12:14 PM    (permalink
reese

not sold on cam cameron...i relize the chargers had the highest scoring offence this year but they also had the single best offensive player in the nfl. over half of there offensive plays went to LT. now i will say that even with a player like LT u still have to be creative in the ways u get him the ball but id rather have a guy that did good with less stars on offence
Old 01-15-2007, 12:21 PM    (permalink
fotbll36
Veteran

fotbll36 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I also like the way he dealt with Philip Rivers in his first year starting. Also with LT you do have to be very creative in the ways you get him the ball and I love to see him work with Ronnie to see the different ways he could get him the ball.
fotbll36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 01:20 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd love to see the stuff Cameron could do with Brown though. Brown has the skills to be an elite back he just needs the proper plays. I'd love to see Ronnie running the 50 power like Tomlinson.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 01:20 PM    (permalink
SpinaMan
Rookie

SpinaMan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.SpinaMan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default Coach

Please not Jim Mora Jr. And definitely not West Coast offense. That leaves me rooting for Cameron or young Schott because I'm not into older re-treads like Gailey or old Schott.

Gailey is a good OC, but I'm skeptical as HC. I'm very glad they retained Capers at DC.
Old 01-15-2007, 01:34 PM    (permalink
Finsfan79
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Finsfan79 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I hated Gailey as the OC down here and I really dont like him as a HC canidate either. He is the last guy I would want honestly.

I am hoping for Shotty from the jets personally. I dont think 33 is too young for a coach I knew of a coach at 33 that started his career with the colts he went on to a good career. 8)
Finsfan79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 01:40 PM    (permalink
SpinaMan
Rookie

SpinaMan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.SpinaMan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default Chambers

I've read all the Chambers arguments on both sides, and my opinion is that he is squarely at the mid-point of the two extremes. He's not a top 10 or 15 guy in the league (at least not if you include consistency), but he's also not below 20 in my opinion. He has the talent in terms of speed, leaping ability, acrobatics, hands (when he concentrates) to be a number 1 or top 10-15. In my opinion, let's not get caught in the semantics of "elite number 1" or other word games. He has the tools to be a number 1 or top 10-20 guy, he's evidenced it last year at at other stretches of time.

Sure QB play doesn't explain all shortcomings (especially the drops), but I don't know how you can watch Harrington throw quick and short to Booker and Welker all year and comment on Chambers either pro or con. The key is to combine the QB information with conservative play-calling from Malarkey (and during the Wannstedt era), and in my opinion Chambers is taking way too much heat. Fielder was horrible in general and especially going downfield. Chambers has dealt with numerous changes of system, QB, and coordinator. He's also been double-teamed a lot. Put the entire picture together and you have a top 10-20 guy who has simultaneously been dealt a bad hand and not maximized the oppurtunities, in my opinion. Imagine how frustrating it would be to be in his shoes this year coming off a deserved Pro Bowl (with Frerotte no less) and having Harrington and Culpepper establish zero rythm with him for various reasons.
Old 01-15-2007, 02:05 PM    (permalink
reese

Quote:
Originally Posted by swankdaddy7
I've read all the Chambers arguments on both sides, and my opinion is that he is squarely at the mid-point of the two extremes. He's not a top 10 or 15 guy in the league (at least not if you include consistency), but he's also not below 20 in my opinion. He has the talent in terms of speed, leaping ability, acrobatics, hands (when he concentrates) to be a number 1 or top 10-15. In my opinion, let's not get caught in the semantics of "elite number 1" or other word games. He has the tools to be a number 1 or top 10-20 guy, he's evidenced it last year at at other stretches of time.

Sure QB play doesn't explain all shortcomings (especially the drops), but I don't know how you can watch Harrington throw quick and short to Booker and Welker all year and comment on Chambers either pro or con. The key is to combine the QB information with conservative play-calling from Malarkey (and during the Wannstedt era), and in my opinion Chambers is taking way too much heat. Fielder was horrible in general and especially going downfield. Chambers has dealt with numerous changes of system, QB, and coordinator. He's also been double-teamed a lot. Put the entire picture together and you have a top 10-20 guy who has simultaneously been dealt a bad hand and not maximized the oppurtunities, in my opinion. Imagine how frustrating it would be to be in his shoes this year coming off a deserved Pro Bowl (with Frerotte no less) and having Harrington and Culpepper establish zero rythm with him for various reasons.

i agree
Old 01-15-2007, 02:14 PM    (permalink
I'mAHustler
Veteran

I'mAHustler hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default Re: Chambers

Quote:

Look, to me it's simple. He's got the talent, but he's underachieving and I refuse to place all of that squarely on his QBs because they have targeted him heavily.

He'll probably end up being a WR or something...
I'mAHustler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 02:26 PM    (permalink
reese

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'mAHustler
Quote:

Look, to me it's simple. He's got the talent, but he's underachieving and I refuse to place all of that squarely on his QBs because they have targeted him heavily.
well nobody said it was only the qbs fault...im pretty sure the guy said it was a combo of CC drops, incosistant qbs,and changing OC's...that had led him to under achieve. and the fact that he is targeted heavily doesnt even matter. ok so they throw his way..if the throw isnt any good then y does it matter if they threw it to him
Old 01-15-2007, 03:22 PM    (permalink
I'mAHustler
Veteran

I'mAHustler hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I'm just saying that there is no way more then 50% of the throws to Chambers are bad. Quite a few of them can put him greatly out of position or just plainly be a horrible pass, however he has been given more then enough chances to succeed. His role has NOT greatly changed due to the offensive changes, I knew something was wrong during the Pittsburgh game when Chambers was simply not getting open when it counted.

He'll probably end up being a WR or something...
I'mAHustler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 04:26 PM    (permalink
Marino13
Veteran

Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

just a question, what would you guys think of a draft like this?

1. Allan Branch DT Michigan
2.Joe Staley OT, Central Michigan
3.Tanard Jackson CB, Syracuse
4.Manuel Ramirez OG Texas Tech
6.Dallas Startz LB, USC
7.Matt Trannon WR, Michigan State

I'm not sure if that's too low for Startz and Trannon or not.
Marino13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 04:47 PM    (permalink
reese

Quote:
I'm just saying that there is no way more then 50% of the throws to Chambers are bad. Quite a few of them can put him greatly out of position or just plainly be a horrible pass, however he has been given more then enough chances to succeed. His role has NOT greatly changed due to the offensive changes, I knew something was wrong during the Pittsburgh game when Chambers was simply not getting open when it counted.
and how do u kno he wasnt gettin open? unless u were at the game there is no way to tell by watchin the game on tv if he is open or not..u cant see the field enuf on tv to tell
Old 01-15-2007, 04:51 PM    (permalink
SpinaMan
Rookie

Quote:
There's several issues going on here. There were significant stretches of games this year where Harrington didn't even look his way. Don't forget some of that is because he's double-teamed and the Harrington/Malarkey mind set was to take the shorter, single covered route to Booker or Welker. Another big issue (which was reported on in the Miami Herald) was that last year they were moving Chambers around a lot and getting him into the slot etc. The result was a Pro Bowl year with Frerotte. This year they kept basically only Welker in the slot (because that's his only effective spot) and Chambers languished on the outside as the deep decoy. Opposing coaches knew exactly where he'd be also. Then you factor in how atrocious Fiedler was (especialy deep), how overly conservative Wannstedt was, how they keep changing systems, and you have legitimate series of difficulties for Chambers' stats. Last year he showed that he can produce when utilized properly (with a slightly below average QB).

Even with all of that said, I acknowledge the drops and the lack of consistent go-to production. (Problem for me is on television I can't tell if he's getting open downfield or not.) Therefore I'd call him a mild under-achiever at this point, but truly I'd be more prone to give him the benefit of the doubt given all of the circumstances I've listed.
Old 01-15-2007, 04:56 PM    (permalink
dolphinfan2k5
DC GFX Team
Veteran

dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Brian Schottenheimer just pulled his name out of contention for the HC job per ESPN. :( It's looking like Mora or Gailey. I really hope its not Mora.
Old 01-15-2007, 04:58 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

:( Damn. This blows. CALL CAMERON.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 05:00 PM    (permalink
dolphinfan2k5
DC GFX Team
Veteran

dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151
:( Damn. This blows. CALL CAMERON.
Yeah, apparently Wayne's plane is headed back to Ft. Lauderdale right now from Georgia. I'm not positive on the details yet though. Perhaps Marty has something to do with this as well.

Here's a link btw http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2732215
Old 01-15-2007, 05:05 PM    (permalink
Marino13
Veteran

Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

according to a few radio stations, we've hired Jim Mora (note:this is 2nd hand info, got it from Finheaven)
Old 01-15-2007, 05:08 PM    (permalink
dolphinfan2k5
DC GFX Team
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marino13
according to a few radio stations, we've hired Jim Mora (note:this is 2nd hand info, got it from Finheaven)
They haven't said that I don't think. just someone overly excited person I think. I'll have an update soon.

Edit: yep 790 the ticket isn't saying anything like that. They are actually speculating about Marty.
Old 01-15-2007, 05:15 PM    (permalink
SpinaMan
Rookie

Why in the world would Brian Schott. back out?? To not impact his father's possibilities is the only thing that makes sense to me.
Old 01-15-2007, 05:17 PM    (permalink
Marino13
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolphinfan2k5
Quote:
They haven't said that I don't think. just someone overly excited person I think. I'll have an update soon.

Edit: yep 790 the ticket isn't saying anything like that. They are actually speculating about Marty.
ok, just to make it clear, I'm not trying to start false rumors just posting what was said.
Old 01-15-2007, 05:18 PM    (permalink
dolphinfan2k5
DC GFX Team
Veteran

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

ok, just to make it clear, I'm not trying to start false rumors just posting what was said.
Yeah I know, I read it on Finheaven too. Got my heart rate up thats for sure
Old 01-15-2007, 05:20 PM    (permalink
Marino13
Veteran

http://cbs4.com/sports/local_story_015161233.html

according to the Miami media outlet Schotty is still coming in for an interview,and Cameron is still a possibility.

Who to believe?
Old 01-15-2007, 05:23 PM    (permalink
Gridiron
Rookie

Gridiron hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Brian Schottenheimer just pulled his name out of contention for the HC job per ESPN. :( It's looking like Mora or Gailey. I really hope its not Mora.
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!
Gridiron is offline   Reply With Quote