Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Miami Dolphins Team Forum

Miami Dolphins Team Forum Discuss the 'Phins

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-18-2007, 06:34 PM    (permalink
Joeyjr09
 
Posts: n/a
Reputation:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebow305 View Post
I thought we were going to start agreeing but here you go again. Just like he said, how is Ronnie and Jesse supposed to get any yards when they are met in the backfield everytime. The run-blocking has been atrocious up until this point. There is nothing else to say about it. THAT IS IT. It's not the runners' faults. I don't know what your plan is for the offseason as far as the running back situation goes. It probably goes something like this... drop Ronnie, Chatman and Booker, and draft McFadden, Slaton, and Ray Rice. Good idea. Only thing is, it doesn't matter who is in the backfield, with our terrible offensive line run blocking, it simply won't work. The sooner you can start accepting that Ronnie and our runners are not the problem, the better off you will be. So just stop talking about it please.

Also, Trent was awful last game, it wasn't the wideouts, if you were watching the same game I was, you would have seen that. That was very obvious. Maybe it was their fault the first game but certainly not against Dallas.

You don't seem to understand much of what I say do you? Ginn hasn't had bad route running, because he hasn't been given a chance to be in the game. What about that do you not understand. Maybe he has been on the field for 8 plays running routes in the passing game so far this season, with a grand total of ONE pass thrown his way. And a terrible one at that.

Ok, maybe manilla wasn't the word, but predictable is. How many times will he do the fake pass and reverse this year, or the statue of liberty play, it was cool and worked the first time, but it certainly won't work all season. I'm not sure if that's what he did last game but I saw something like that with Chatman, which was about the same type of play. And how many sideline out passes are we going to throw this year? Just about 75% of the passes in that game were outs to the sideline, I'm shocked we didn't have more interceptions than we did. I don't know what the problem is and i'm not even going to pretend I know how to solve this for sure but something needs to be done ASAP. That's all I know.
We all know the run blocking is awful. Doesn't change the fact that Ronnie needs to play better. Guru hit the nail on the head with Ronnie's running style. He is a huge back at 6 feet and 220 but I've never seen him break a tackle with anything other then a spin. What's a guy his size doing spinning? Ronnie's got a bad case of the Ron Dayne syndrome. He has a big frame with twinkle toes that thinks he can be elusive. He runs with no authority and gets taken down easier then most RBs his size.

Don't give me crap about if I was watching the same game you were I would have seen Trent was awful and the WRs were good. I have season tickets. I saw the game in person, every play. And I'm flying to NY to watch them play the Jets this weekend. Trent was awful, no doubt about it. But the WRs were bad too. Booker dropped passes that hit him square in the chest. Chambers was blanked all game until it was out of reach and they started throwing downfield out of desperation. That's how he got his yards, in garabage time. He wasn't anywhere to be found when the game was on the line.

You keep saying give Ginn a chance. All I hear you say is we don't know what Ginn can do unless we put him out there. It's all Cam's fault. Well your completely wrong on all that. They don't need to give Ginn a chance. He needs to go earn a chance. If he can't even do well enough in practice to unseat Derrick Hagan for playing time then it's 100 percent his fault that he has not yet caught a pass.

Yes our offense is predictable. That's what happens when you down in your games. Believe me, play calling is dead last on the list of problems with this team. Cam can only work with what he's got. As long as he's got a bad OL with an old QB and below average skill position guys, his hands will be tied. Once Ginn and Beck grow into bigger roles and we get a few more OL and hopefully teach Ronnie to run like a 18 wheeler instead of a butterfly, then we will see the offense really click. Sadly, it will take at least another year if not more to do that.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 12:53 AM    (permalink
thebow305
2009 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: South Florida
Posts: 8,709
Reputation: 335869
thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Well, on a positive note today, the run-blocking was worlds better today than it has been in the previous two games. Ronnie broke out today and I expect him to look the same for the rest of the season, he just needed a good game to get his confidence going, that's all.

On a negative note. Our defense is straight garbage! What is wrong with them? Can someone please answer that for me? I know that we missed Zach big time today, but JT and Porter have been non-existent so far this season, just like our secondary.

With these things in mind and a little improvement on defense, we should get our first W against Oakland next week at home, but you never know. Let's hope we continue to improve enough to finally get one in the win column!
__________________

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. C.J. Mosley 2. Kelvin Benjamin 3. Ja'Wuan James 4. Brandon Thomas 5. Xavier Grimble 6. Tyler Gaffney 7. Ross Cockrell
thebow305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 08:43 AM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: RAWR
Posts: 39,445
Reputation: 3821902
draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Maybe our ground game can be like that if we play the Jets every week. :/
__________________

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 10:39 AM    (permalink
Joeyjr09
 
Posts: n/a
Reputation:
Default

I flew up to NY and saw the game from about the 4 row in the stands. Here's my take.

Ginn looked really good returning kicks today. Best I've seen him. The Jets weren't giving him alot to work with and he was still able to get some things going althought I'm still waiting for a game changing play from him.

The offense blew alot of chances. The passing game was solid althought Green has the tendecies to hold of the ball just a spilt second to long at times. The run blocking was non exsistent the 1st two games but today they looked like Pro Bowlers. I think that has to do more with the horrible Jets defense then anything. That D was awful, David Barrett was making most the tackles for them and he plays CB. Ronnie was running hard and has his best game so far. Blocking had a big thing to do with it as he didn't have to break many tackles all day. His vision is horrible however, my seats where in the end zone so we could see all the holes and formations clearly but Ronnie made the wrong cut more then a few times. Once he got past the initial line he would cut the wrong way frequently instead of following his blockers who were playing great for him today. Elite runningbacks don't do that. Ronnie isn't a guy that is gonna hurt us and we could certainly be a good team with him but I've seen enough from him to convince me that he will never be the elite back I thought he was gonna be after his rookie season.

Regan Mauia had a hell of a game. He has looked bad early but yesterday he was blowing people up as a lead blocker for Ronnie. He was playing fairly often and looked like he belonged out there.

Bow don't expect these perfomances every week. The Jets D was horrible. Next week will be tough against Oakland who has one of the 3 best defenses in the NFL.

Next year's draft needs to bedevoted entirely to defense and OL. I love Jason and Zach but I love my team more. If we have to cut bait with those guys in order to get draft picks to improve then we need to do it. We cannot win with th eteam we have now, we need to build thru the draft and a couple of extra day 1 picks would go a long way towards that. We need to get more youth and talent all over the defense. We need to get two new starting CBs, two new starting Ss, another playmaking LB, and a couple of big DEs and a NT.

Our entire defense needs a reboot because they have been awful all season. The only ones worth keeping are Crowder, Daniels as a backup safety, Goodman as a nickelback, Roth, Soliai, and some of the practice squad guys (Rod Wright, Abe Wright) to groom. Those are the future guys that will help our defense. Outside of that, nobody else on that defense will be around long enough or play good enough to help us win.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 11:14 AM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: RAWR
Posts: 39,445
Reputation: 3821902
draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Thomas and Taylor are more likely to retire next year than to get traded. And that has nothing to do with what we want to do, I don't see teams trading anything more than a 2nd day pick for either of them next year.
__________________

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 06:47 PM    (permalink
Joeyjr09
 
Posts: n/a
Reputation:
Default

I know Jason and Zach aren't going anywhere. In fact, I'm expecting Jason to call it quits. Zach might play for us a little longer. I'm just saying trading them for draft picks at this point is a better idea then letting them rot on our roster. I think we could get a couple of 3rd rounders for them tho. Teams like the Colts might be willing to give up a 3rd rounder to have Zach play for them because they are not gonna get anything better out of a 3rd rounder if they drafted one.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 01:46 AM    (permalink
thebow305
2009 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: South Florida
Posts: 8,709
Reputation: 335869
thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

What are the chances we get our first win in Oakland this week?
__________________

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. C.J. Mosley 2. Kelvin Benjamin 3. Ja'Wuan James 4. Brandon Thomas 5. Xavier Grimble 6. Tyler Gaffney 7. Ross Cockrell
thebow305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 02:23 PM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: the land of fisch and mcgee
Posts: 7,106
Reputation: 327687
Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Sep 25 Driving while impaired and reckless driving charges against Chambers will be dismissed after a plea deal was reached with prosecutors it was announced Tuesday. Chambers was arrested July 14 after being pulled over several miles south of downtown Charlotte. Advice: Chambers, Miami's top receiver, has 21 catches for 302 yards through three games, but has been held without a touchdown in the Dolphins' 0-3 start. Only Chad Johnson, Randy Moss, Roy Williams and Terrell Owens have more receiving yards than Chambers this season.

Sep 25 The Associated Press reports DWI and reckless driving charges against Miami Dolphins WR Chris Chambers will be dismissed after a plea deal was reached with prosecutors. Chambers' attorney, George Laughrun, will enter a guilty plea for speeding on his behalf in a court hearing Wednesday, Sept. 26. Chambers was arrested in Charlotte July 14 and charged with DWI despite a blood-alcohol level of .06 percent, below the legal limit of .08 percent. The police report said Chambers failed field sobriety tests.



Does anyone know if he's going to miss game time, or be suspended?
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy
my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
Quote:
But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons
Bills2083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 04:09 PM    (permalink
Joeyjr09
 
Posts: n/a
Reputation:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bills2083 View Post
Sep 25 Driving while impaired and reckless driving charges against Chambers will be dismissed after a plea deal was reached with prosecutors it was announced Tuesday. Chambers was arrested July 14 after being pulled over several miles south of downtown Charlotte. Advice: Chambers, Miami's top receiver, has 21 catches for 302 yards through three games, but has been held without a touchdown in the Dolphins' 0-3 start. Only Chad Johnson, Randy Moss, Roy Williams and Terrell Owens have more receiving yards than Chambers this season.

Sep 25 The Associated Press reports DWI and reckless driving charges against Miami Dolphins WR Chris Chambers will be dismissed after a plea deal was reached with prosecutors. Chambers' attorney, George Laughrun, will enter a guilty plea for speeding on his behalf in a court hearing Wednesday, Sept. 26. Chambers was arrested in Charlotte July 14 and charged with DWI despite a blood-alcohol level of .06 percent, below the legal limit of .08 percent. The police report said Chambers failed field sobriety tests.



Does anyone know if he's going to miss game time, or be suspended?
They dropped the charges on him for DWI and Reckless driving but he pleaded guilty to speeding. I don't see how the NFL can suspend him when he has not been charged with anything. All he got was a simple speeding ticket. If the NFL suspended every player with a speeding ticket there would be no games at all. On top of all that he passed the breathilizer test. I can't believe you would actually come and ask this question. Would your boss fine and suspend you for getting a speeding ticket? Are your Bills that desperate for help that you need our WR to be suspended in order for yall to win?
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 04:13 PM    (permalink
Joeyjr09
 
Posts: n/a
Reputation:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebow305 View Post
What are the chances we get our first win in Oakland this week?
I honestly think we had a better chance against the Jets then we do against Oakland. We play right into Oakland's hands. They have one of the best defenses in the NFL which is gonna severly limit our already subpar offense and our defense couldn't stop an 80 year old man from rushing for 100 yards which is really gonna help the Raiders below average offense. Cleveland in week 6 is a more likely target for our 1st win. With that said, this is the NFL. Anything can happen.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 06:45 AM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: the land of fisch and mcgee
Posts: 7,106
Reputation: 327687
Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeyjr09 View Post
They dropped the charges on him for DWI and Reckless driving but he pleaded guilty to speeding. I don't see how the NFL can suspend him when he has not been charged with anything. All he got was a simple speeding ticket. If the NFL suspended every player with a speeding ticket there would be no games at all. On top of all that he passed the breathilizer test. I can't believe you would actually come and ask this question. Would your boss fine and suspend you for getting a speeding ticket? Are your Bills that desperate for help that you need our WR to be suspended in order for yall to win?

We're not even playing you this week...
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy
my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
Quote:
But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons
Bills2083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 07:35 AM    (permalink
Finsfan79
Team Leader
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 3,547
Reputation: 214
Finsfan79 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default

He wasnt even drunk when arrested is the funny part of it all. But no suspensions for just a minor speeding offense.

As for the raiders this is a team we can and should beat if we will do anything this year at all.
Finsfan79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 10:23 AM    (permalink
Joeyjr09
 
Posts: n/a
Reputation:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bills2083 View Post
We're not even playing you this week...
I fail to see what that has to do with anything. You could be suspended at any time for any amount of games if you break league rules.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 05:47 PM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: the land of fisch and mcgee
Posts: 7,106
Reputation: 327687
Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeyjr09 View Post
I fail to see what that has to do with anything. You could be suspended at any time for any amount of games if you break league rules.
"Are your Bills that desperate for help that you need our WR to be suspended in order for yall to win?" = you

"We're not even playing you this week..." = me



If we're not playing you this week, why would Chambers being suspended affect us?
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy
my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
Quote:
But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons
Bills2083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 04:09 PM    (permalink
Joeyjr09
 
Posts: n/a
Reputation:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bills2083 View Post
"Are your Bills that desperate for help that you need our WR to be suspended in order for yall to win?" = you

"We're not even playing you this week..." = me



If we're not playing you this week, why would Chambers being suspended affect us?
You asked if there was any chance on Chambers being suspended, not if there was a chance of him being suspended this week. It could take a couple of weeks for the league to look into the matter and a couple of weeks of appeals and it could suspend him for more then 1 game which would happen to land right in line with when we play the Bills. All this is moot as Chambers is not being suspended but your statement about not playing us this week makes no sense because any suspention can come whenever the league wants for however long the league wants and it's not like the Bills game is the last of the season. A potential suspention at this point could definately last into when we play the Bills.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 03:21 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: RAWR
Posts: 39,445
Reputation: 3821902
draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Wooo, how bout Culpepper! What a stud. OH ****, that's right we cut him, those 5 TDs today were against us. >_<

Well at least Ronnie Brown looks like a stud.
__________________

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 03:37 PM    (permalink
619
All-NFLDC
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 11,017
Reputation: 191776
619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

you guys need zach thomas back ASAP!!!!
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 05:25 PM    (permalink
Joeyjr09
 
Posts: n/a
Reputation:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151 View Post
Wooo, how bout Culpepper! What a stud. OH ****, that's right we cut him, those 5 TDs today were against us. >_<

Well at least Ronnie Brown looks like a stud.

Culpepper complete a total of 5 passes, had less then a 50 percent completion percentage and averaged 5 yards per pass. All he did was get a couple of 5 yards scrambles for TDs. The 5 TDs he scored had more to do with the Raiders running the ball all over us then it did with him actually playing well. He looked horrible throwing the ball all game. The Raiders put him in very, very good situation and allowed him to pick up easy TDs. You could pick just about any backup QB in the league and stick them in the same situations and chances are they will produce similar results. The Raiders killed us. Culpepper, not so much.

My views from the game.

The Good:
Ronnie is finally running with authority and has stopped dancing around. He trucked numerous guys today and carried a pile of Raiders for extra yards early in the game. I dunno what Cam did to him but Ronnie now looks like he gets it instead of being lost out there and dancing around. Regan Mauia also looked very good, he has done a nice job as a lead blocker and even contributed with a nice catch and a nice run for good yards. Looks like we got us a FB for the next 10 years. The run blocking was much better and the OL as a whole seems to be improving. Carey and Satele look good and are keepers. Would like to see Shelton moved inside and to see us draft a new RT next season to further upgrade the unit. ST was better with the tackling today.

The Bad:
Trent Green is an old AJ Feeley. He holds the ball too long, makes bad decisions and doesn't have great accuracy or arm strength. How much longer until we see John Beck. Hopefully he comes in around week 6. The defense in general was awful and the run defense was pop warner like. The DL is going to need to be revamped next season with multiple high picks to go along with Soliai, Roth and Wright. Hopefully if we can get another big run stuffer and another young pass rusher to go with some of the other young talent on the DL they will grow and gel together to improve the unit as a whole because right now, it is awful. We need LBs as well. Porter isn't cutting it and Spragan shouldnt be an option. Crowder has currently been playing the best of our defense and should be the new MLB sooner rather then later as sadly, I expect Zach to hang them up after this season or next. And of course the always problematic secondary. Our defense as a whole has been awful and hopefully they spend the next draft targetting defensive players early and often in order to bring the young talented players that we have been needing to take over for our aging players. The WR had way, way too many drops although those are probably a small problem considering the state of the rest of our team. We will eventually need to draft another WR that can compete with Ginn and Hagan but that can be held off so we can address the defense and OL.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 12:40 AM    (permalink
thebow305
2009 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: South Florida
Posts: 8,709
Reputation: 335869
thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeyjr09 View Post
Culpepper complete a total of 5 passes, had less then a 50 percent completion percentage and averaged 5 yards per pass. All he did was get a couple of 5 yards scrambles for TDs. The 5 TDs he scored had more to do with the Raiders running the ball all over us then it did with him actually playing well. He looked horrible throwing the ball all game. The Raiders put him in very, very good situation and allowed him to pick up easy TDs. You could pick just about any backup QB in the league and stick them in the same situations and chances are they will produce similar results. The Raiders killed us. Culpepper, not so much.

My views from the game.

The Good:
Ronnie is finally running with authority and has stopped dancing around. He trucked numerous guys today and carried a pile of Raiders for extra yards early in the game. I dunno what Cam did to him but Ronnie now looks like he gets it instead of being lost out there and dancing around. Regan Mauia also looked very good, he has done a nice job as a lead blocker and even contributed with a nice catch and a nice run for good yards. Looks like we got us a FB for the next 10 years. The run blocking was much better and the OL as a whole seems to be improving. Carey and Satele look good and are keepers. Would like to see Shelton moved inside and to see us draft a new RT next season to further upgrade the unit. ST was better with the tackling today.

The Bad:
Trent Green is an old AJ Feeley. He holds the ball too long, makes bad decisions and doesn't have great accuracy or arm strength. How much longer until we see John Beck. Hopefully he comes in around week 6. The defense in general was awful and the run defense was pop warner like. The DL is going to need to be revamped next season with multiple high picks to go along with Soliai, Roth and Wright. Hopefully if we can get another big run stuffer and another young pass rusher to go with some of the other young talent on the DL they will grow and gel together to improve the unit as a whole because right now, it is awful. We need LBs as well. Porter isn't cutting it and Spragan shouldnt be an option. Crowder has currently been playing the best of our defense and should be the new MLB sooner rather then later as sadly, I expect Zach to hang them up after this season or next. And of course the always problematic secondary. Our defense as a whole has been awful and hopefully they spend the next draft targetting defensive players early and often in order to bring the young talented players that we have been needing to take over for our aging players. The WR had way, way too many drops although those are probably a small problem considering the state of the rest of our team. We will eventually need to draft another WR that can compete with Ginn and Hagan but that can be held off so we can address the defense and OL.

We just need to get Ginn on the field more... bottomline! I mean... WTF are we doing!?
__________________

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. C.J. Mosley 2. Kelvin Benjamin 3. Ja'Wuan James 4. Brandon Thomas 5. Xavier Grimble 6. Tyler Gaffney 7. Ross Cockrell
thebow305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 10:17 AM    (permalink
Joeyjr09
 
Posts: n/a
Reputation:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebow305 View Post
We just need to get Ginn on the field more... bottomline! I mean... WTF are we doing!?
I know you love Ginn but I don't see how putting Ginn on the field more is gonna help us at all. Can he help the defense so that they don't give up 300 rushing yards? Don't think so. Can he stop Trent Green from holding the ball too long and making stupid throws for interceptions? I don't think so. You can say we need to play Ginn more all you want but the bottom line is that even with all the drops the WRs have had, they have been one of the more steady units on the team. I think playing Ginn right now would be a mistake. I don't think he's ready to play and I think you'd be putting him out there just because he's fast, not because he's he's one of the top 3 WRs on the team at this point. I think sitting him until later in the year so he can learn slowly and refine his game is the right thing to do. He was one of the most raw players in the draft. There no advantage to throwing him out there now because we would not win anymore games with him starting as opposed to him being on the bench. On the other hand, John Beck looked polished and has all the tools to play now. I think by week 6 we should start to see him and let him learn under fire after having a couple of months to learn the playbook. Beck is the one that can help us and the one that needs to be on the field more, not Ginn.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 10:24 AM    (permalink
thebow305
2009 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: South Florida
Posts: 8,709
Reputation: 335869
thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeyjr09 View Post
I know you love Ginn but I don't see how putting Ginn on the field more is gonna help us at all. Can he help the defense so that they don't give up 300 rushing yards? Don't think so. Can he stop Trent Green from holding the ball too long and making stupid throws for interceptions? I don't think so. You can say we need to play Ginn more all you want but the bottom line is that even with all the drops the WRs have had, they have been one of the more steady units on the team. I think playing Ginn right now would be a mistake. I don't think he's ready to play and I think you'd be putting him out there just because he's fast, not because he's he's one of the top 3 WRs on the team at this point. I think sitting him until later in the year so he can learn slowly and refine his game is the right thing to do. He was one of the most raw players in the draft. There no advantage to throwing him out there now because we would not win anymore games with him starting as opposed to him being on the bench. On the other hand, John Beck looked polished and has all the tools to play now. I think by week 6 we should start to see him and let him learn under fire after having a couple of months to learn the playbook. Beck is the one that can help us and the one that needs to be on the field more, not Ginn.
All I'm saying is he is one of the fastest players in the league, and raw or not, with that type of speed, him just being on the field as a decoy or catching screens or reverses or SOMETHING helps us out at least a little. And with short passes that he can make long, YES that does help Trent out a little. But I do agree about Beck, he needs to get in there very soon, the QB situation isn't looking any better with Green in there so why not.
__________________

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. C.J. Mosley 2. Kelvin Benjamin 3. Ja'Wuan James 4. Brandon Thomas 5. Xavier Grimble 6. Tyler Gaffney 7. Ross Cockrell
thebow305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 11:40 AM    (permalink
Joeyjr09
 
Posts: n/a
Reputation:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebow305 View Post
All I'm saying is he is one of the fastest players in the league, and raw or not, with that type of speed, him just being on the field as a decoy or catching screens or reverses or SOMETHING helps us out at least a little. And with short passes that he can make long, YES that does help Trent out a little. But I do agree about Beck, he needs to get in there very soon, the QB situation isn't looking any better with Green in there so why not.
I think you overstate his ability to be a decoy. Teams aren't even scared to punt to him on special teams because he has yet to make any kind of big impact return, why would they be afriad of him against their starting defense? Ginn has to give them a reason to be afraid before they start worrying about him. Besides our offense is not the problem. You can sit Ginn on as many screens or reverses as you want but all that will do is take screens away from Ronnie which he has been excelling at the past two weeks. Our offense has been more dynamic and has moved the ball better then any offense we have had over the past 10 years. The problem is with the D and with Trent. Ginn does not help those situations at all so there no reason to rush a raw player to the field when he's not gonna help fix our biggest weaknesses. The guys that needs to be out there is Beck.

BTW...just curious, when the NFL hands out the conpensation draft picks at the end of the year, does that count all the players we lost or just FAs? Because we lost, Welker, Morris, Carter, Zgonina, McIntosh, Culpepper, Minor, James and only brought in Green, Lewiniski, Daruis and Porter. You'd think that we'd have some sort of compensation pick coming based off that list especially since I think they are based on production and our new guys aren't producing. Anyone know anything about that?
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 11:47 AM    (permalink
swagger
Veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: TC, MN
Posts: 1,391
Reputation: 114
swagger hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeyjr09 View Post
Culpepper complete a total of 5 passes, had less then a 50 percent completion percentage and averaged 5 yards per pass. All he did was get a couple of 5 yards scrambles for TDs. The 5 TDs he scored had more to do with the Raiders running the ball all over us then it did with him actually playing well. He looked horrible throwing the ball all game. The Raiders put him in very, very good situation and allowed him to pick up easy TDs. You could pick just about any backup QB in the league and stick them in the same situations and chances are they will produce similar results. The Raiders killed us. Culpepper, not so much.
He scored 5 touchdowns. I guess I don't see anything wrong with managing a game under poor weather conditions.

Whoever's decision it was to trade for Daunte was an idiot. What kind of an organization trades a guy coming off of 3-torn ligaments, then cuts him because he is hobbled?
__________________
"Kenny Phillips has the body of Sean Taylor and the speed and knowledge of Ed Reed"

sig by vikes99ej

RIP Sean Taylor
4/1/1983 - 11/27/2007
swagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 06:24 PM    (permalink
Joeyjr09
 
Posts: n/a
Reputation:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
He scored 5 touchdowns. I guess I don't see anything wrong with managing a game under poor weather conditions.

Whoever's decision it was to trade for Daunte was an idiot. What kind of an organization trades a guy coming off of 3-torn ligaments, then cuts him because he is hobbled?
He didn't score 5 TDs. The Raiders did.

Look at it this way. If Your teams starting runningback carries the ball for the entire drive, takes it 75 yards by himself and then comes out when they get inside the 5 and the backup come in and gets the TD. Yea the backup gets the credit for the TD but everyone that saw the game knows the starter is what made the TD possible.

Culpepper was placed deep in the red zone 4 times, all 4 set up using nothing but running plays by the raider and all 4 resulting in Culpepper TDs. The only real nice play Culpepper made was his 25 yard TD pass. That's it.

There were no porr weather conditions. I was at the stadium for the delay and the entire game. They did not take a snap until the rain had completely stopped. All the players had to deal with was some mud on the field.

And as for managing the game. He only had 12 pass attempts. He only completed 5 of them. If thats managing a game then why don't we go get any Joe Shmoe backup because they can all do the same thing.

Culpepper was put in great situations by his teams running game and all they asked Culpepper to do was not throw an interception during his 12 pass attempts. All of Culpepper numbers are subpar and nothing better then any other QB in the league would produce if they were put in the same great situations that the Raiders put Culpepper in.

You need to give credit where credit is due and the credit for those scores and that win do not go to Culpepper. They go the Fargas, Jordan and the Oakland Raiders offensive line. Go watch Culpeppers throws during the game. He missed WRs right and left. Don't let the TD numbers fool you, Culpepper played a poor game.

Saying the Dolphins are idiots for letting him go is a dumb statement in itself. Who knows how Culpepper would respond if he were playing for us now. Instead of having a nice lead to go with 300 yards rushing and only having to throw 12 passes with no pass rush. He would have been forced to play with pressure in his face, with WRs that were dropping passes and being down by alot meaning he would have to throw more. Culpepper showed us last year he couldn't handle those situations. We need a QB that can. Hopefully Beck is the anwser.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 06:28 PM    (permalink
Finz99
Pro Bowler
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: HipsterLand
Posts: 2,268
Reputation: 125565
Finz99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Finz99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Finz99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Finz99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Finz99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Finz99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Finz99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Finz99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Finz99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Finz99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Finz99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeyjr09 View Post
I know you love Ginn but I don't see how putting Ginn on the field more is gonna help us at all. Can he help the defense so that they don't give up 300 rushing yards? Don't think so. Can he stop Trent Green from holding the ball too long and making stupid throws for interceptions? I don't think so. You can say we need to play Ginn more all you want but the bottom line is that even with all the drops the WRs have had, they have been one of the more steady units on the team. I think playing Ginn right now would be a mistake. I don't think he's ready to play and I think you'd be putting him out there just because he's fast, not because he's he's one of the top 3 WRs on the team at this point. I think sitting him until later in the year so he can learn slowly and refine his game is the right thing to do. He was one of the most raw players in the draft. There no advantage to throwing him out there now because we would not win anymore games with him starting as opposed to him being on the bench. On the other hand, John Beck looked polished and has all the tools to play now. I think by week 6 we should start to see him and let him learn under fire after having a couple of months to learn the playbook. Beck is the one that can help us and the one that needs to be on the field more, not Ginn.
Yes, our wide receivers are one of our more steady units. However, they've also screwed us over on plenty of cases. 3rd down drops have been a consistent thing by our wide reciever groups as of late. I don't see the harm in putting Ginn at slot and letting him stretch the field. Ya know, him being fast was a big plus as to why we drafted him.
__________________
Finz99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:28 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.