Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Miami Dolphins Team Forum

Miami Dolphins Team Forum Discuss the 'Phins

Old 01-08-2007, 03:43 PM    (permalink
hasane
Rookie

hasane hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BehrenMan007
obviously they can get something.....
i think the highest we can get for chambers would be a 2nd and micmichael a 4th maybe a 3rd rounder
I'm sorry i didn't write the question out properly. my bad
Old 01-08-2007, 03:48 PM    (permalink
reese

why would want to get rid of mcmichael?
Old 01-08-2007, 03:57 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexDown
Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151
Did anyone else see the Jets losing yesterday? I hate the Pats too but losing the Jets lose is always great.
What makes it even great is that many people predicted to have the Dolphins go to the Superbowl and they didn't even make the playoffs. On top of that, they signed Culpepper insted of signing Brees and got swept by the Jets this season.
Someone's still mad about getting knocked out of the playoffs.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 04:00 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reese
ive been readin this message board for over a year and as hard as its been ive never made an account to respond to some of the ignorant things said on here.
1. chris chambers...everyone loves him till this year he has a down year in numbers....u ppl say to trade him release him or whatever...forget the fact that we had an injured quarterback to start the season who was scared to death in the pocket and was gettin rid of the ball to quick to avoid gettin hit...then we have JH...his streghth as a qb is a quick release and pretty good accuracy on short intermediate passes...this is why MB has good numbers becuz thats the routes he runs....CC is a deep threat...thats what he does and is good at...i think his rookin year or second year he led the league in ypc....so that fact that we had 2 guys throwin this year that were gettin rid of the ball quick had a huge effect on what he was able to do...i seen one post on the last thread where a guy said CC just wasnt gettin open..now unless he has game film from the team or attends everygame and only watches CC then there is no way to tell by watchin the games on tv rather or not he is open on a play to play basis cuz u cant see the whole field....another reason he hasnt had the year we have gotten used to is the switch in OC...last year SL was a guy that like to throw the ball downfield..and now he is gone...CC does drop some easy passes sometime but thats not a reason to bash him like ppl do on here...i really was gonna talk about a couple more things the erked me but they will have to wait cuz i dont feel like typin anymore
I have a new best friend. One question. Do you think we need a QB?

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 01-08-2007, 04:11 PM    (permalink
reese

no we dont need a QB..u dont go out and get a guy like DC..and scratch that idea after a few games where he played hurt...he was an elite QB for a few years..guys like that dont forget how to play...i say another offseason learnin the system and gettin comfortable with our wideouts and he will be fine....some OL help will go a long way to help him too cuz early in the season when he was playin they were absolutly terrible...and mcmichael was top 10 in catches and yards for TEs this year..what more do we want from him?
Old 01-08-2007, 05:03 PM    (permalink
hasane
Rookie

Quote:
why would want to get rid of mcmichael?
I just don't like him, he has potential. but personally i think he is overpaid and overrated.

Also i don't hate Chris Chambers, it's just that this year he completely disappeared from the pro bowler he was last year. He has concentration lapses, and he suffered too many drops even in 2005, his best season to date. And he is a bit expensive for the production he puts out and the horrible drops he has.
Old 01-08-2007, 05:10 PM    (permalink
reese

he is paid as a top 10 tight end which is exactly what he is...u say CC struggles against cover 2 corners..which basically means ur sayin he doesnt get off the jam well because since most his routes are more or less deeper 1s, the only place he encounters a physical cover 2 corner is on the line...and on that note ive never noticed him havin trouble gettin off the line..not sayin he doesnt im just sayin ive never noticed
Old 01-08-2007, 05:11 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

Quote:
no we dont need a QB..u dont go out and get a guy like DC..and scratch that idea after a few games where he played hurt...he was an elite QB for a few years..guys like that dont forget how to play...i say another offseason learnin the system and gettin comfortable with our wideouts and he will be fine....some OL help will go a long way to help him too cuz early in the season when he was playin they were absolutly terrible...and mcmichael was top 10 in catches and yards for TEs this year..what more do we want from him?
You are official my favorite dolfan on here.

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 01-08-2007, 05:16 PM    (permalink
Ace
Veteran

Ace needs more cowbell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151
Quote:
You are official my favorite dolfan on here.
Ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 05:21 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 01-08-2007, 05:23 PM    (permalink
hasane
Rookie

IMO here is a list of Te's Better than McMichael:

Antonio Gates
Tony Gonzalez
Todd Heap
Kellen Winslow
Jason Witten
Alge Crumpler
Jeremy Shockey
Dallas Clark
LJ Smith
Ben Watson
Chris Cooley
Old 01-08-2007, 05:26 PM    (permalink
reese

well u said lj smith 2 times and RM was 7th in catches this year and 9th in yards...and he did that with a lack of a consistant qb...so u take ur opinion and ill take what actually happened on the field
Old 01-08-2007, 05:29 PM    (permalink
hasane
Rookie

Quote:
well u said lj smith 2 times and RM was 7th in catches this year and 9th in yards...and he did that with a lack of a consistant qb...so u take ur opinion and ill take what actually happened on the field
Sorry about the Lj smith thing, and we'll leave it at the fact that we have different opinions.
Old 01-08-2007, 05:30 PM    (permalink
reese

and also even if u think those 11 guys r better then him..thats puts him 12th best in the nfl...how much better do u think we can do..its not like we can go out and get anyone on ur list
Old 01-08-2007, 05:43 PM    (permalink
hasane
Rookie

Here's an interesting stat i just found

Christ Chambers and Randy McMichael both had 8 Drops in 16 games
and hagan somehow had 6 even though it doesn't seem like he got that many opportunities.
Old 01-08-2007, 05:48 PM    (permalink
reese

1 dropped pass every other game isnt terrible...by the way alittle history on RM 2003 5th in catchs 4th in yards....2004 5th in both...2005...9th in catches and 10th in yards and i already posted his stats for this year...so he is in the top 10 every year...i dont understand y u dont like him...he is also a very vocal and upbeat leader type player..sounds like a guy ud want on ur team to me
Old 01-08-2007, 05:50 PM    (permalink
hasane
Rookie

Quote:
1 dropped pass every other game isnt terrible...by the way alittle history on RM 2003 5th in catchs 4th in yards....2004 5th in both...2005...9th in catches and 10th in yards and i already posted his stats for this year...so he is in the top 10 every year...i dont understand y u dont like him...he is also a very vocal and upbeat leader type player..sounds like a guy ud want on ur team to me
He also beat up his wife in the offseason
Old 01-08-2007, 05:53 PM    (permalink
reese

good luck makin a roster in the nfl if u want a bunch of good wholesome guys...he gets the job done on the field..thats what he paid to do
Old 01-08-2007, 05:54 PM    (permalink
hasane
Rookie

Quote:
good luck makin a roster in the nfl if u want a bunch of good wholesome guys...he gets the job done on the field..thats what he paid to do
nevermind, that's a very good point
Old 01-08-2007, 05:57 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

McMichael is one of the best receiving TEs in the league. He drops some passes but all TEs do.

And Hagan had a lot of drops at first, I think he had like 3 in one game, might have just been 2 though.

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 01-08-2007, 06:08 PM    (permalink
hasane
Rookie

Do you guys know anything about the guys on the Dolphins Practice Squad:

Lee Gray OL

Dan Stevenson OL

P.K. Sam WR

Chase Page DT

Gus Scott S

Matt Prater K
Old 01-08-2007, 07:11 PM    (permalink
Athrun340
Rookie

Athrun340 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hasane
Quote:
He also beat up his wife in the offseason
i heard hes a good guy now .. i think he has a foundation for kids ..
Old 01-08-2007, 07:12 PM    (permalink
Athrun340
Rookie

Athrun340 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hasane
Here's an interesting stat i just found

Christ Chambers and Randy McMichael both had 8 Drops in 16 games
and hagan somehow had 6 even though it doesn't seem like he got that many opportunities.
where did you get these stats?

just 8 drops in 16 games?

oh man thats pretty dang good ..
Old 01-08-2007, 07:13 PM    (permalink
BehrenMan007
Pro Bowler

BehrenMan007 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

..... too bad he cant catch a football

credit to cardsalltheway
BehrenMan007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 07:14 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

Sam is the only one I've ever heard of.

<njx9> <3 dg