Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Miami Dolphins Team Forum

Miami Dolphins Team Forum Discuss the 'Phins

Old 01-09-2007, 09:54 AM    (permalink
Finsfan79
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Finsfan79 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reese
since 2001 CC has more tds then issac bruce,mushin mohammed, tj hous..,joe horn, l.coles, t. glenn has been in the league since '96 and has 42 tds compared to CC 43 just since 2001...also kennison only has 30 something career tds and has been in the league since '96
you are ignoring every fact I placed before you. come on dude, dont be a jets fan :)

You are really going to tell me that you believe CC has had a better career so far then Issac Bruce has had?

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/1294

8 1,000 + yard seasons
Even at the end of his career he far our preformed CC this year.

Chris gets some of the most balls thrown at him but had a horrible year. Over his career he has had 1 year over 1000 yards once more.

Please look at his numbers again and if he was wearing anything but aqua and orange would you honestly say he is a number 1 WR?
Finsfan79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 09:56 AM    (permalink
reese

look at what i said...i only said since 2001..he has had more tds then the ppl i listed never said he had a better career then issac bruce
Old 01-09-2007, 09:56 AM    (permalink
Finsfan79
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzlegom
since when were TD's the only stat?

having so many TDs means hes great in the red zone. that doesnt make him a number one, it makes him a receiver that can get open in the red zone.

his TDs are the only stat that is up there with the elite receivers. he doesnt have the yards or receptions to match up with them.
exactly. He has a huge number of drops every year (last year and this year specially). He has never had major recieving yardage and when faced up against "elite" DBs he disappears.
Old 01-09-2007, 09:58 AM    (permalink
Finsfan79
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Quote:
look at what i said...i only said since 2001..he has had more tds then the ppl i listed never said he had a better career then issac bruce
And I am saying that bruce had a better year this year. I am saying he has had a better career then Chambers by far and even at 40 something he was better. He was a number 1 this year when Holt was hurt alot.

But Chambers is not a number 1 in the NFL.

I have shown you repeatedly the stats dude. There is not much more to say for it honestly.

This is like saying Culpepper is a top 5 QB.
Old 01-09-2007, 09:58 AM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finsfan79
Quote:
And I am saying that bruce had a better year this year. I am saying he has had a better career then Chambers by far and even at 40 something he was better. He was a number 1 this year when Holt was hurt alot.

I have shown you repeatedly the stats dude. There is not much more to say for it honestly.

hahaha QFT.
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 09:59 AM    (permalink
reese

Quote:
Quote:
since when were TD's the only stat?

having so many TDs means hes great in the red zone. that doesnt make him a number one, it makes him a receiver that can get open in the red zone.

his TDs are the only stat that is up there with the elite receivers. he doesnt have the yards or receptions to match up with them.
exactly. He has a huge number of drops every year (last year and this year specially). He has never had major recieving yardage and when faced up against "elite" DBs he disappears.

u look up the stats to all those guys since 2001 and i bet since then he is among the top in the league in catches and yards top 10 to 15
Old 01-09-2007, 10:02 AM    (permalink
reese

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

actually he is our no 1 so yes he is a number 1 in the nfl...he has made the probowl as our number and has outscored alot of the guys that u say r better since he has been our number 1...and guess what he is gonna continue to do that as our number 1...so u just keep hatin him and he will keep puttin up numbers...and u can claim u like him and mabe someone will believe u

hahaha QFT.
Old 01-09-2007, 10:03 AM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

y dont u look it up, we have showed all the stats why he isnt a number one, i think its your turn to show us the stats on why he is.
Old 01-09-2007, 10:05 AM    (permalink
reese

Quote:
y dont u look it up, we have showed all the stats why he isnt a number one, i think its your turn to show us the stats on why he is.
for 1 thing stop sayin he isnt a number 1...yes he is..rather or not u agree with him being a number 1 is different...but yes he is a number 1 on our team
Old 01-09-2007, 10:05 AM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

actually he is our no 1 so yes he is a number 1 in the nfl...he has made the probowl as our number and has outscored alot of the guys that u say r better since he has been our number 1...and guess what he is gonna continue to do that as our number 1...so u just keep hatin him and he will keep puttin up numbers...and u can claim u like him and mabe someone will believe u

hahaha QFT.
he may be our number one but that because we have noone better. he doesnt match up well with many of the elite number one receivers which leads many, including me, to believe we need an upgrade at the number one receiver spot so chambers can go from being a weak number one to a great number 2.
Old 01-09-2007, 10:10 AM    (permalink
reese

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

hahaha QFT.
he may be our number one but that because we have noone better. he doesnt match up well with many of the elite number one receivers which leads many, including me, to believe we need an upgrade at the number one receiver spot so chambers can go from being a weak number one to a great number 2.

he isnt a weak no 1...u dont make the probowl and score that much by being a weak no.1 now he isnt the best no. 1 in the league..but ur gonna be hard pressed to get one on the team thats better..like i said earlier i thnk some of u expect our players to be the best at there position in the entire nfl and if there not yall think they need to be replaced....now there r no 1 guys out there that r better but its not like we can go grab another teams best wr
Old 01-09-2007, 10:11 AM    (permalink
Finsfan79
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Not every team in the NFL has a number 1. We do not have one. We have 2 number 2s and a number 3 in Welker.

Chamber is a number 2. Actually some teams have number 2s that are better then him.

Wayne and Boldin for 2 of them :)

Get us a QB, and a number 1, slide chambers to number 2. Then use Ronnie brown correctly and our team can become an offensive force.

We still need a Left Tackle too overall.
Old 01-09-2007, 10:12 AM    (permalink
Finsfan79
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

hahaha QFT.

he isnt a weak no 1...u dont make the probowl and score that much by being a weak no.1 now he isnt the best no. 1 in the league..but ur gonna be hard pressed to get one on the team thats better..like i said earlier i thnk some of u expect our players to be the best at there position in the entire nfl and if there not yall think they need to be replaced....now there r no 1 guys out there that r better but its not like we can go grab another teams best wr

Tony Romo just made the pro bowl
Old 01-09-2007, 10:14 AM    (permalink
reese

Quote:
Not every team in the NFL has a number 1. We do not have one. We have 2 number 2s and a number 3 in Welker.

Chamber is a number 2. Actually some teams have number 2s that are better then him.

Get us a QB, and a number 1, slide chambers to number 2. Then use Ronnie brown correctly and our team can become an offensive force.

no ur wrong we actually have a no. 1 it is chris chambers...if the coach says in a press conference that CC is our no 1 guy and we need to find ways to get him the ball..then that tells me we have a no 1
Old 01-09-2007, 10:15 AM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

i never said chambers need to be replaced. im just saying he isnt producing like he should so he needs to be bumped to number two where his production is adequate.

no we cannot go out and pluck a better player from another NFL team(well we could but it would require draft picks that i dont want to give up) but the draft is a wonderful place to get good, young players.
Old 01-09-2007, 10:16 AM    (permalink
reese

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

hahaha QFT.

point? he did do that but did nuthin else to prove he should considerd one of the best qbs in the league..CC has done more
Old 01-09-2007, 10:19 AM    (permalink
Finsfan79
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Quote:

no ur wrong we actually have a no. 1 it is chris chambers...if the coach says in a press conference that CC is our no 1 guy and we need to find ways to get him the ball..then that tells me we have a no 1
They threw to him more then anyone in the NFL except 4 people this year. Out over 200 WRs and TEs in the NFL. There was only 4 People that got thrown to more then Chris Chambers this year!

He does not have the numbers of a number 1. Not every team has a number 1 dude. Plain and simple.

Who is SF's number 1? Who is Minnesota's number 1? Chris is a good number 2 WR, he is above average and if he becomes more consistent and catches balls easier (less drops) he will end up becoming a number 1. But, at this point in his career he has not shown himself to be a number 1.
Old 01-09-2007, 10:20 AM    (permalink
Finsfan79
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

hahaha QFT.

point? he did do that but did nuthin else to prove he should considerd one of the best qbs in the league..CC has done more
my point is that the pro bowl means absolutely nothing it is a popularity contest. It is like the gold glove in MLB.

CC has not done anything to prove he is a number 1 WR. He had 1 year.
Old 01-09-2007, 10:22 AM    (permalink
reese

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

They threw to him more then anyone in the NFL except 4 people this year. Out over 200 WRs and TEs in the NFL. There was only 4 People that got thrown to more then Chris Chambers this year!

He does not have the numbers of a number 1. Not every team has a number 1 dude. Plain and simple.

Who is SF's number 1? Who is Minnesota's number 1? Chris is a good number 2 WR, he is above average and if he becomes more consistent and catches balls easier (less drops) he will end up becoming a number 1. But, at this point in his career he has not shown himself to be a number 1.

ok so u just proved my point...obviously if we threw to him that much then we have a no 1...and like i said b4 rather or not u like that he is our no 1 or if ur happy with his production as our no 1 wr is beside the point..he still is our no 1
Old 01-09-2007, 10:25 AM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

u are missing the point that being the top target on a team does not make u a number one receiver in the NFL.

it means u are the top target on a team with no better alternative. is antonio bryant a number one? how about Reche Caldwell? Keenan McCardell?

u are taking the whole number one thing way too literally.
Old 01-09-2007, 10:29 AM    (permalink
Finsfan79
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

ok so u just proved my point...obviously if we threw to him that much then we have a no 1...and like i said b4 rather or not u like that he is our no 1 or if ur happy with his production as our no 1 wr is beside the point..he still is our no 1
Yet being thrown to all of those times his production was Crap. Wes Welker out produced him. Chambers did have more drops then anyone else on the dolphins though

I think I am done with this debate you keep making little sense in your "points". When the two of us have been showing reasonings for our positions.
Old 01-09-2007, 10:31 AM    (permalink
Finsfan79
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

On another note, I think Troy smiths horrible game in a way hurts us for our draft position. If his stock had flown up there by a great game it could of made one of the top elite talent guys fall and slip to us (Gaines adams would be wonderful). Or our make our pick more valuable for a trade back.

Any thoughts on this?
Old 01-09-2007, 10:32 AM    (permalink
reese

Quote:
u are missing the point that being the top target on a team does not make u a number one receiver in the NFL.

it means u are the top target on a team with no better alternative. is antonio bryant a number one? how about Reche Caldwell? Keenan McCardell?

u are taking the whole number one thing way too literally.
new england may be a team with no true no 1...antonio bryant is sf no 1...he is very talented..had a decent considering there circumstances..and KM plays for a team who's offence revolves completely and totally around there rb...LT gets the ball over 50 % ove the time so u cant count him...so basically being in the top 5 in recieveing tds since 2001 isnt good enuf for yall so u must want him to catch 80 passes a year adn 1400 yds and 10 tds a year thats what u want or he isnt good enuf..well tell me then if thats what it takes then who else in the nfl does that every year
Old 01-09-2007, 10:42 AM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Quote:
On another note, I think Troy smiths horrible game in a way hurts us for our draft position. If his stock had flown up there by a great game it could of made one of the top elite talent guys fall and slip to us (Gaines adams would be wonderful). Or our make our pick more valuable for a trade back.

Any thoughts on this?
i couldnt see troy smith getting into the top ten no matter how well he played. the only QB who might rise enough to allow someone to fall or increase the trade value of the pick would be if brohm came out and had a great combine, IMO.
Old 01-09-2007, 10:47 AM    (permalink
Ace
Veteran

Ace needs more cowbell.

Seems like the new guy is a Chambers lover.
Ace is offline   Reply With Quote