Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 08-08-2007, 10:40 PM    (permalink
RaiderLifer
Rookie

RaiderLifer hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default Most improved team?

What team do you think will be the most improved and why?

My vote is for the Raiders for a couple of reasons. First I am a homer. Second the defense is very young and already very good. All the offense has to do is be passable and we will be competitive. The D kept us in almost every game last year and that was with the worst offense in the history of the universe. Third, how can we not improve on two wins.
Old 08-08-2007, 10:44 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Raiders cant get any worse can they?

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 10:44 PM    (permalink
HawkeyeFan
Rookie

HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

49ers or Rams.

Rams were terrible at Speceial Teams and added Dante Hall.
were terrible at the RE position and added veteran pass rusher James Hall who had 5 sacks in 7 games before he got hurt last year.

Terrible at NT and added Carriker who has been looking beastly.
Had no depth at Safety and added Todd Johnson.
Needed red zone threats on Offense other than Jackson, addded Drew Bennet and Randy McMichael.

The Cadillac Three - Tennessee Mojo
http://youtu.be/N41DdVedXCo
HawkeyeFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 10:46 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Falcons.

I am serious on this one. They are a better team with Joey Harrington than they are with Michael Vick. Harrington is gonna lead the Falcons to the playoffs and win comeback player of the year.
Old 08-08-2007, 10:47 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yodachu View Post
The Falcons.

I am serious on this one. They are a better team with Joey Harrington than they are with Michael Vick. Harrington is gonna lead the Falcons to the playoffs and win comeback player of the year.
OR! the Lions will make the playoffs!
OR! Barry Bonds will be proved innocent of taking roids!

Old 08-08-2007, 10:48 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkeyeFan View Post
49ers or Rams.

Rams were terrible at Speceial Teams and added Dante Hall.
were terrible at the RE position and added veteran pass rusher James Hall who had 5 sacks in 7 games before he got hurt last year.

Terrible at NT and added Carriker who has been looking beastly.
Had no depth at Safety and added Todd Johnson.
Needed red zone threats on Offense other than Jackson, addded Drew Bennet and Randy McMichael.
Carrikers more of a DE in the 3-4 (he's only like 290 right?) and hall isnt what he used to be

stl9erfan
Veteran

stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
The Falcons.

I really hope you're right. I've always rooted for Joey Harrington, and this would be a hell of a story if he finally stepped up as an NFL story this year because Vick got busted.
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neko4 View Post
OR! the Lions will make the playoffs!
OR! Barry Bonds will be proved innocent of taking roids!
U want me to put the thing I just said in my sig, I am serious on that one. The Falcons will have a better record this year than last year.
Old 08-08-2007, 10:49 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Are you kidding me? You used "Oakland Raiders" and "improving" in the same sentence, without "not" also being included.
Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 10:51 PM    (permalink
BuckNaked
All-NFLDC

BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderLifer View Post
What team do you think will be the most improved and why?

My vote is for the Raiders for a couple of reasons. First I am a homer. Second the defense is very young and already very good. All the offense has to do is be passable and we will be competitive. The D kept us in almost every game last year and that was with the worst offense in the history of the universe. Third, how can we not improve on two wins.
It's nice to see we have some completely unbiased opinions on this forum. Oh wait . . .
BuckNaked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 10:53 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

Quote:
U want me to put the thing I just said in my sig, I am serious on that one. The Falcons will have a better record this year than last year.
Well if youre serious than I'll just have to wait and see

Old 08-08-2007, 10:54 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

No, I am serious. Joey Harrington has been treateds unfairly. In Detroit, he had the pressure of being the guy thats gonna return the team to the glory days, if they had any. He didn't live up to the third pick. Last year, with the Dolphins, he wasn't in the mindset of being the man with Culpepper, so he didn't get all the reps he is getting this year now. And this year, he is going in as the guy replacing the guy who was supposed to be the guy. And he won't have the pressure. I BELIEVE IN JOEY! He played well in college, Petrino has been a college guy recently, I think Joey will be good, if not great.
Old 08-08-2007, 10:57 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

Quote:
No, I am serious. Joey Harrington has been treateds unfairly. In Detroit, he had the pressure of being the guy thats gonna return the team to the glory days, if they had any. He didn't live up to the third pick. Last year, with the Dolphins, he wasn't in the mindset of being the man with Culpepper, so he didn't get all the reps he is getting this year now. And this year, he is going in as the guy replacing the guy who was supposed to be the guy. And he won't have the pressure. I BELIEVE IN JOEY! He played well in college, Petrino has been a college guy recently, I think Joey will be good, if not great.
But is their WR core up to the task?

Old 08-08-2007, 11:00 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

Quote:
But is their WR core up to the task?
Jenkins needs to step up and Horn needs to stay healthy. If that can happen fo shizzle. And Alge Crumpler is a darn good TE. Norwood and Dunn are a solid backfield. Es very nice.
Old 08-08-2007, 11:09 PM    (permalink
Bearsfan123
Pro Bowler

Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

although i think they are an improved team, they are not the MOST improved. I think that honor goes to the 49ers.

Whitney Mercilus will be a better and more productive player than Shea McClellin

In Tyler We Trust

Welcome to Project Mayhem

This was stolen, and I appreciate it.
Jimmy Buckets <3
Bearsfan123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 11:16 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
No, I am serious. Joey Harrington has been treateds unfairly. In Detroit, he had the pressure of being the guy thats gonna return the team to the glory days.
The only people who are capable of remembering Detroit's glory days are now so senile they actually believe the brawl at the palace was actually a Lions playoff game.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 11:33 PM    (permalink
HawkeyeFan
Rookie

HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Carrikers more of a DE in the 3-4 (he's only like 290 right?) and hall isnt what he used to be
No. Carriker is upto 315 now,.

Hall isn't what he was before, so you think.

The Cadillac Three - Tennessee Mojo
http://youtu.be/N41DdVedXCo

Last edited by HawkeyeFan : 08-08-2007 at 11:39 PM.
HawkeyeFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 11:34 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My vote goes to New England... They added so much talent.

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 11:39 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pitt, I just like the way Tomlin style is, he reminds me alot like Tony Dungy. They will finsh 9-7 or 10-6.
Old 08-08-2007, 11:40 PM    (permalink
Basileus777
All-Pro

Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pittsburgh would be my choice, despite the strength of the AFC North.

To be honest, I'm not sold on any of the teams in the NFC West.
Basileus777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 12:02 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You could make a case for Philly. Scott, Reagor, actually getting Bunkley to play. Getting Kearse back as well as Abiamiri who will play a lot. Finally got a big power back and if Spikes plays up to his ability, wow.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 12:08 AM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinslowBodden View Post
Wow........

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 12:10 AM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm saying the Detroit Lions. Mike Martz running the offense with Williams, Furrey, and Calvin plus the addition of Tatum Bell in case Kevin Jones can't come back right away will allow him to run another version of the Greatest Show on Turf. Look for them to be in the playoff hunt until late in the season.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!
BigDawg819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 12:11 AM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinslowBodden View Post
Its a good thing they did since they only went to the AFC Championship Game last season.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!
BigDawg819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 12:14 AM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDawg819 View Post
I'm saying the Detroit Lions. Mike Martz running the offense with Williams, Furrey, and Calvin plus the addition of Tatum Bell in case Kevin Jones can't come back right away will allow him to run another version of the Greatest Show on Turf. Look for them to be in the playoff hunt until late in the season.
People have been saying this every year, and every year, the Lions are at the bottom of the division, all by there lonely selves.

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote