Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 08-09-2007, 01:33 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Biggest Drop-off

Which team do you think will have the biggest drop-off next season??? Teams that were good last year but will be a big dissapointment this year.

Personally I'd say the Giants and the Chiefs.

The Giants lost their best player in Tiki and could also lose Strahan if he retires. Both of their Left Tackles are gone and Guy Whimper is the replacement. Also on Defense they lost both of their OLB's and Kiwi is going to play their. On top of all that their coach Tom Coughlin is on the verge of being fired.

Kansas City was always a power running team with a great O-line. With Shields and Roaf now gone their O-line is diminishing. Also with their best player likely to hold-out and a first year quarterback starting for them they are going to struggle on offense. Their defence is still weak and an area for concern.

I expect both teams to pick in the Top 7 next year.

Who do you think will dissapoint?
Old 08-09-2007, 01:36 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think you hit it pretty well with New York and KC. The Titans are another team that I think will as well.
Old 08-09-2007, 01:39 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah I don't see KC/NYG/TEN matching what they did last year.

KC/NYG for reasons stated plenty of times this offseason and TEN for the fact that they're less Pacman and won't have the sort of luck they had last year.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
SubNoize
Veteran

SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Chargers, not to say that they will drop off drastically, but they def. wont go 14-2 again... maybe 10-12 wins.
SubNoize is offline   Reply With Quote
LSUALUM99
Veteran

LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Atlanta and NYG.

Giants for the reasons you mentioned, plus I'm not a believer in Manning at all.

Atlanta because apparently DJ is the best QB in camp. If he's your best QB you're in for a long season. Abraham's inability to stay healthy along with losing Kerney just makes it worse.

Designs by Thule

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMWSackMachine View Post
I just wanna warn you guys not to take TNew41 too seriously. He's....let's just say, special. He's fairly harmless, though. He just needs several years of seasoning before he tries to make any more points, is all.
LSUALUM99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 01:42 PM    (permalink
KILLERSANTA
Pro Bowler

KILLERSANTA hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

If NYG go better then 3-13 I would be shocked!
Old 08-09-2007, 01:43 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i think TACKLE you pretty much said my teams and explanations for me. Giants/KC

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 01:48 PM    (permalink
DeathbyStat
Pro Bowler

DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
Which team do you think will have the biggest drop-off next season??? Teams that were good last year but will be a big dissapointment this year.

The Giants lost their best player in Tiki and could also lose Strahan if he retires. Both of their Left Tackles are gone and Guy Whimper is the replacement. Also on Defense they lost both of their OLB's and Kiwi is going to play their. On top of all that their coach Tom Coughlin is on the verge of being fired.

Kansas City was always a power running team with a great O-line. With Shields and Roaf now gone their O-line is diminishing. Also with their best player likely to hold-out and a first year quarterback starting for them they are going to struggle on offense. Their defence is still weak and an area for concern.

I couldn't agree with you more...the Chiefs and the Giants are the most likely in my mind.

Thank you Lebron James, you are truly a King Among Men.

"O-H-I-O...its a four letter word."
Mike Tirico

Magilla Gorilla ain'ta killa, ...

Roger Goodell's Beautify the NFL Campaign-No Violence-No Criminals-No Fun

I remember Marshawn Lynch
DeathbyStat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 01:48 PM    (permalink
Veteran

22,895 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Titans- tougher schedule and Young struggled against good D's I can see then going 5-11 or 6-10.

Falcons- Joey Harrington as their QB= horrible year. I see them going 4-12 at best.
22,895 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 01:52 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

David Diehl is going to be our LT. Also, Mitchell and Kiwi are upgrades over Arrington and Emmons.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 02:09 PM    (permalink
TPFKA#1SaintsFan
Pro Bowler

TPFKA#1SaintsFan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.TPFKA#1SaintsFan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

The question was about, and I quote, "teams that were good last year but will be a big dissapointment this year." The Giants, while they did make the playoffs, were not exactly what I'd call a "good" team last season. As for the Falcons, they stunk in 2006.

Kansas City depends on the QB situation, but I could easily see them hovering around .500 if LJ shows up (and he will) and either Croyle or Huard plays just decent football. I think their defense will be improved, and looking at their schedule I can very easily see 7 wins.

The biggest "disappointment" IMO could be the Colts. Granted, they'll still win 10 games and make the playoffs, BUT: they won't be able to stop the run at all, they lost their best O-Lineman (their left tackle, at that...) to retirement, and coming from a huge LSU fan I have my doubts that Joe Addai can handle the load (which could be disaster if he can't, considering the chumps they have backing him up). With that said, they still have Manning, Harrison, and Wayne so that offense will definitely carry them to a good season, but my money is on the Jags to win the division. The defending SB champs not winning their division is a disappointment, IMO.

And of course, as a Saints fan, I have thoughts in the back of my head that this season will be a let-down. They are the Saints, after all...
The Poster Formerly Known As #1SaintsFan

Sig by jkpigskin
TPFKA#1SaintsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 02:10 PM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
David Diehl is going to be our LT. Also, Mitchell and Kiwi are upgrades over Arrington and Emmons.
eh.... sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 22,895 View Post
Titans- tougher schedule and Young struggled against good D's I can see then going 5-11 or 6-10.
Titans have nobody @ WR, Vince Young is a good, young (omg word-joke) qb, but with little to no targets, he'll struggle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubNoize View Post
The Chargers, not to say that they will drop off drastically, but they def. wont go 14-2 again... maybe 10-12 wins.
who did they lose, seriously?

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 02:13 PM    (permalink
SubNoize
Veteran

SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addict View Post

besides their HC, DC and OC??? not a lot player wise, but it's hard to believe that a teams going to repeat or improve on a 14-2 record...
SubNoize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 02:14 PM    (permalink
TPFKA#1SaintsFan
Pro Bowler

TPFKA#1SaintsFan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.TPFKA#1SaintsFan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addict View Post
Head Coach and both Coordinators?

Sig by jkpigskin
Old 08-09-2007, 02:15 PM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
besides their HC, DC and OC??? not a lot player wise, but it's hard to believe that a teams going to repeat or improve on a 14-2 record...
Quote:
Originally Posted by TPFKA#1SaintsFan View Post
Head Coach and both Coordinators?
oh right, forgot about that... damn you don't go online for a while and this stuff gets away so quickly.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 02:16 PM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Indy... (10 char)

XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986
UKfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 02:20 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I didn't know being 16th in the NFL was weak for a D our O is not going to be very good I agree but people are going to be shocked by how our D plays we really started to turn it around last year this ain't DV's D.
Old 08-09-2007, 02:26 PM    (permalink
JK17
Pro Bowler

JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
I still doubt losing those guys will consitute enough losses for the season to be considered a "disappointment"...I know you don't either, because you already said you could see 10-12 wins for them, but is losing 2 more games really a "disappointment" or drop-off. Sure its a drop off, but I doubt a two game swing will be the biggest drop off there is in the NFL...If I had to guess teams that might have bigger drop offs, I would guess maybe the Jets or Saints, teams whose schedules weren't incredibly difficult, and won ten games, that may (not definitely) fall back with a harder schedule this year.
JK17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 03:09 PM    (permalink
TPFKA#1SaintsFan
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by JK17 View Post
I still doubt losing those guys will consitute enough losses for the season to be considered a "disappointment"...I know you don't either, because you already said you could see 10-12 wins for them, but is losing 2 more games really a "disappointment" or drop-off. Sure its a drop off, but I doubt a two game swing will be the biggest drop off there is in the NFL...If I had to guess teams that might have bigger drop offs, I would guess maybe the Jets or Saints, teams whose schedules weren't incredibly difficult, and won ten games, that may (not definitely) fall back with a harder schedule this year.
Uhh, come again? Last year the Saints played the AFC North and the NFC East. This year we've got the AFC South and NFC West. I've got no problem with you predicting the Saints to have a drop-off in 2007, but your reasoning is incredibly erroneous.

Sig by jkpigskin
Old 08-09-2007, 03:20 PM    (permalink
JK17
Pro Bowler

JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TPFKA#1SaintsFan View Post
Uhh, come again? Last year the Saints played the AFC North and the NFC East. This year we've got the AFC South and NFC West. I've got no problem with you predicting the Saints to have a drop-off in 2007, but your reasoning is incredibly erroneous.
Eh, maybe I shouldn't have just listed teams off the top of my head, don't know why I assumed they had a weaker schedule..probably because of where they finished last year in comparison to the previous year...my mistake...

Generally what I was trying to say was some of the teams that had great seasons last year, due to their strength of schedule are more likely for a fall off, then say San Diego would.
JK17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 03:26 PM    (permalink
cardsalltheway
Veteran

cardsalltheway is a cocksman.cardsalltheway is a cocksman.cardsalltheway is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKfan View Post
Indy... (10 char)
They're definitely a candidate for having a drop-off, but they've still got enough talent to get in at least 9 or 10 wins. I really doubt they end up with a losing season.

Designs by D-Unit

ILEMTPKC - I Love Eli Manning <The Patriots Killer> Club
cardsalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 03:33 PM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I think Phillip Rivers won't have nearly as good of a year last year as he will this year. He does have Norv Turner as his head coach, but not OC. Norv has never really turned out to do that well with offenses when he is HC, just ask Oakland and Redskins fans...

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.
Giants, ASU Sun Devils, Yankees
Turtlepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 03:39 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

im not getting into this, what Giantsfan1080 said will suffice, and i agree with him. anyone is an upgrade over Carlos Emmons at LB... I'll just let the regular seaosn do the talking...
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 03:41 PM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardsalltheway View Post
They're definitely a candidate for having a drop-off, but they've still got enough talent to get in at least 9 or 10 wins. I really doubt they end up with a losing season.
Oh yeah I wasn't saying they will have a losing season, just don't think they will hit the heights of last year. If Booger is down long term as seems to be the case from what I have read, that's a big loss for them.

XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986
UKfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 03:56 PM    (permalink
nfrillman
Veteran

nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.

The Giants and Chiefs seem to be a pretty obvious choice. I also think that the Saints and Titans qualify. I liked the story of the Saints last year and I was rooting for them to win the Super Bowl, but I think people need to remember that they were 10-6 last year, not an amazing 13-3 or 14-2 record. Their defense could become an issue for them. I liked watching Vince Young last year, but statistically he wasn't very good. On top of that, the Titans have virtually nothing else.

As far as a team that I think will struggle and everyone else thinks will be good, its the 49ers. I have argued my stance on this several times before, so I will just sum it up. The 49ers had one of the worst points differentials in the NFL, which means that in a typical season they would not have gone 7-9. Meaning they were lucky to have that 7-9 record. Alex Smith made great strides last season, mostly because he was striding forward from being utterly atrocious. Even with that stride forward, he was 22nd in QB rating. Their WR corps are very weak, better than last year, but still weak. Their defense was terrible last season and I doubt that the additions of Clements, Banta-Cain, and Willis will make that much of a difference. Clements is certainly a good CB, but any time a list of overrated CB's comes up, his name is mentioned. Banta-Cain is an amazingly overrated signing. He has 90 tackles in 4 seasons, and just 42 last season. Yeah, that definitely qualifies as season changing play. Willis is a rookie, he will be good, but expecting him to make a huge difference is asking quite a bit.

I am done arguing, until somebody says something stupid.
nfrillman is offline   Reply With Quote