Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 02-05-2007, 01:56 PM    (permalink

Heres a comment made by a poster that insist he is respected around here for his opinions about college football.

I would say he was over publicized due to his dad, but thats the media. Im talking his on the field play. I dont think his play is overrated.
What do you think about his comments?

Quote:
3rd Laurenitius is the most overrated player in the Big-10 and probably didn't shed a single block this whole season.
Quote:
He is the most overrated player in the Big-10.... I deserved none of the award considerations he got and was the 3, 4, or possibly 5th best LB in the Big-10 this year.
Quote:
Although when i talk college football I am pretty on base and I think some people respect my opinion.
Well lets see if they actually respect your opinion.....
Old 02-05-2007, 01:58 PM    (permalink
bigmac076
Veteran

bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think he gets to much recognition, Just cause his dad was a wrestler, but Im biased. Check my location 8)
Old 02-05-2007, 02:00 PM    (permalink

OSU has a great history of LB's and when they get this kind of recognition, weather you like it or not, its usually merited.
Old 02-05-2007, 02:01 PM    (permalink
snuff

Just to let you know respect and agreeing are two different things. I nulled my vote also.
Old 02-05-2007, 02:06 PM    (permalink
bigmac076
Veteran

bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

C'mon guys loosen up. I know hes the best LB in the Big 10, jeez. I respect every player from OSU except David Boston and Maurice Clarett.
Old 02-05-2007, 02:06 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He got a lot of hype because he had a lot of big plays, mostly INTs. The chances of him making that many big plays are slim and I think he still has a lot to prove before he is to be considered a big time LB prospect in the NFL.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 02:08 PM    (permalink

Quote:
He got a lot of hype because he had a lot of big plays, mostly INTs
You must not have watched him then

How about the key situation sacks, big INT's and all the forced fumbles, specifically the one that basically changed the Texas game?

He was the best LB in the big ten this year. Your not overrated if youve acomplished that.
Old 02-05-2007, 02:09 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He is overrated, but he's still a damn good football player. I'd take him on my team any day.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 02:09 PM    (permalink

Quote:
and was the 3, 4, or possibly 5th best LB in the Big-10 this year.
When you name 4 better LB's, then you have an arguement.

Not only statistically, but the way they had an effect on their teams season.
Old 02-05-2007, 02:11 PM    (permalink

Quote:
He is overrated
Patriots-lionsfan, I know your respected, so when you say hes overrated, does that mean there are 4 better LB's in the big ten better than him like Snuff seems to think?

When he declares he will be a 1st rounder, 2nd at very worste, does that make him overrated?
Old 02-05-2007, 02:14 PM    (permalink
bigrick0016

you realize snuff only watches and cares about Michigan right? I can't anything you say seriously until you know the people. You are a dullard. You're thoughts are now void and everything you say is like a turd falling into my drink.
Old 02-05-2007, 02:14 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think he was the 5th best LB in the Big Ten, but I don't think he was the best either. I think he was the second or third best last year.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 02:17 PM    (permalink

The people that know college football are the ones that voted and they picked james, not the 3rd person etc...

No LB arguably had more impact for their team in the big ten than JL, sorry to homers out there like Snuff, whos opinions are to one dementional.
Old 02-05-2007, 02:24 PM    (permalink
bigmac076
Veteran

Easily Harris was the most underrated LB in the Big 10 this year and Laurinaitis was the most overrated LB. Not saying Laurinaitis wasn't any good, he was great. He was over-publicized though. ANd Im sure Laurinaitis doesn't want to be known as just "WWE Executive John Laurinaitis' son", but thats the publicity he got this season at least. Laurinaitis will more than likely be the top LB in 2007 barring an injury. He also will be probably end up being even more popular than his father.
Old 02-05-2007, 02:37 PM    (permalink

His publicity is overrated, not his play on the field. media attention and football skills are 2 different comparisions.
Old 02-05-2007, 02:42 PM    (permalink
bigmac076
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownsfan
His publicity is overrated, not his play on the field. media attention and football skills are 2 different comparisions.
I just mean like people making preemptive decisions that he must be great, just because of who his father is. Its the media's game, nothing new.
Old 02-05-2007, 02:47 PM    (permalink

Quote:
I just mean like people making preemptive decisions that he must be great, just because of who his father is
why would people compare a football players skill, to their father who was a wrestler and insinuating greatness at the same time? stupid (not you, the media)

He got publicity because he is great on the field, then the media took it out of hand because people would appreciate his father aswell.
Old 02-05-2007, 02:48 PM    (permalink
snuff

David Harris
J Leman
Dan Connor
Paul Posluszny
Mark Zalewski

Are all just as good if not better than Laurinaitis.
Old 02-05-2007, 02:48 PM    (permalink

Quote:
David Harris
J Leman
Dan Connor
Paul Posluszny
Mark Zalewski

LOL, at least you tried!

Not only are these guys mostly older than JL, but didnt effect there team like he did either.

Zalewski better? you completely lost this one!

Let the awards speak for themselves...
Old 02-05-2007, 02:54 PM    (permalink
T.Smith
Rookie

T.Smith hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I vote yes. He will have a much harder time without pitcock and patterson blocking for him. He is the 3rd best player on that defense. Behind Jenkins and Gholston.
T.Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 03:08 PM    (permalink
snuff

Quote:
Quote:
David Harris
J Leman
Dan Connor
Paul Posluszny
Mark Zalewski

LOL, at least you tried!

Not only are these guys mostly older than JL, but didnt effect there team like he did either.

Please tell me how JL effected tOSU? They played 2 games this season he could of made a difference in... Michigan he was not to be found and Texas he played terrible, but you will disagree and just look at the stats. I guess he didn't help much vs Florida either.
Old 02-05-2007, 03:11 PM    (permalink
gettembuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by snuff
Quote:
Quote:
David Harris
J Leman
Dan Connor
Paul Posluszny
Mark Zalewski

LOL, at least you tried!

Please tell me how JL effected tOSU? They played 2 games this season he could of made a difference in... Michigan he was not to be found and Texas he played terrible, but you will disagree and just look at the stats. I guess he didn't help much vs Florida either.
hold up. brownsfan is being a biased moron, but why are there only 2 games he could have made a difference in?
Old 02-05-2007, 03:15 PM    (permalink
snuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCarver27
Quote:
Originally Posted by snuff
Quote:
Quote:
David Harris
J Leman
Dan Connor
Paul Posluszny
Mark Zalewski

LOL, at least you tried!

hold up. brownsfan is being a biased moron, but why are there only 2 games he could have made a difference in?
Because Troy Smith lead the offense to complete domination in the rest pretty much.

I guess you could throw in Illinois and PSU if you want.

Quote:
And Poz/harris didnt have key off games? exactly....
DoWnThEfiElD
Pro Bowler

DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriots-Lions
He is overrated, but he's still a damn good football player. I'd take him on my team any day.
i agree with this, i remember someone on here comparing him to Urlacher which is just insane. Lets see what he does this year before anyone starts calling him the next Urlacher, or Hawk, or anyone on that level.
DoWnThEfiElD is offline   Reply With Quote