Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Cincinnati Bengals Team Forum

Cincinnati Bengals Team Forum Who dey gonna discuss dem Bengals?

Old 08-09-2007, 10:20 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Thoughts on 1st Preseason game?

Ahmad was kind of absent but he made a few nice plays. Leon Hall got burnt a couple of times hopefully just some mental lapses. Matt Toeiana had an interception to the house. Kenny Irons was lookin pretty good then got injured and i hear it may be serious. The DLINE played very well and the secondary looked lost IMO.

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 11:26 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ahmad I thought did fine. It's not like he was going to blitz much and he was great in run coverage. He almost got Cason for a TFL then stuffed a lane after that, then I was impressed with his coverage on Cason when they went 1-1.

Hall didn't look very good at all I didn't think but Joseph looked bad last preseason as well, I also wasn't happy with Deltha.

Madieu looked great, he flew in on the second defensive play and made a great stop. Marvin White was very good in coverage, I hope he starts eventually. Didn't really see DJax. Ndukwe looked good on the backfield tackle but bad on the 82 yard TD pass when he covered the complete wrong guy lol.

The Oline was good IMO, the run blocking suffered without Johnson at FB but pass blocking was adequate. Stacy Andrews was a bulldozer.

Carson/Chad/TJ looked as expected, Doug Johnson looked terrible... We're double screwed if Carson goes down (like we didn't know that already).

Reggie McNeal has some promise, Brazell could turn into something as well but they have a long way to go. Henry looked good, not surprising... Too bad he's an idiot.

Rudi looked quicker than last year, Irons looked fast and like a big play threat... Hope the injury isn't too serious.

The new DT's looked good in run defense, Geathers was good in run D as well I have no idea why he doesn't play every down.

Jeanty looked very solid, he's a good LB, GREAT in run defense... Landon was non-existant, he never sticks out though. Didn't see Hartwell in the 1st half, not sure if I just missed him or what.

Special teams kick coverage looked great given who we lost, I was very pleased they shut down Drummond.

The run D will be good this year, I won't make any guarantees about the pass defense.

This is all off the first half too, I'll watch the second half later tonight.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 12:31 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

geathers did actually start this game.

Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
Old 08-10-2007, 12:56 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh sweet, seriously I have no idea why Robinson starts sometimes. Geathers is better at pass rush AND run D.

In watching the second half I still REALLY like what I see from Marvin White. He looked very solid in coverage and run D.

Ndukwe can hit, that's a fact. Every tackle he had he laid the wood.

Toeiana reminded me of how Peko did last year, I was impressed he could turn out to be a real steal.

The Irons injury really hurts in my eyes. He was the big play back we needed and he showed that in his two runs (I think) last night. Perry will probably start out on the PUP and get his eventual season ending injury. If we want any chance of going far in the playoffs Perry has to come back and be healthy.
Old 08-10-2007, 12:56 PM    (permalink
cuzifelt1ikeit
Veteran

cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.

so ahmad did make some plays? i tried to watch the game cast thing but it showed that he didnt make a tackle...is that true? i ended up drafting him in the 26th round in my fantasy draft so i hope hes a stud

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigNall4MVP
biigest mistake packers ever make was geting rid of craig nall he beter then bret faver
cuzifelt1ikeit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 01:03 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

im sorry about irons...i guess u will have to deal with watson as your back up now since perry will probably get injured again
Old 08-10-2007, 01:24 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuzifelt1ikeit View Post
so ahmad did make some plays? i tried to watch the game cast thing but it showed that he didnt make a tackle...is that true? i ended up drafting him in the 26th round in my fantasy draft so i hope hes a stud
He didn't have any tackles, almost had a sack and a TFL but both he barely missed on. He was doing a great job plugging gaps and in coverage (ran with Cason), he should be fine. He'll get 100+ tackles if he's healthy and some sacks, not sure what kind of damage he'll do in coverage. I thought it was a fine debut.

Really sucks now having to hope that Chris Perry is healthy, that's like hoping a fat girl won't eat the cake.
Old 08-11-2007, 10:35 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

ahmad did good but he didnt have that impact like i thought he would. but hell its the preseason he's prolly just playin not to get hurt like everyone else whos already on the team.

Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
Old 08-12-2007, 02:55 PM    (permalink
J24
Rookie

J24 could make a wolverine purr.J24 could make a wolverine purr.J24 could make a wolverine purr.J24 could make a wolverine purr.J24 could make a wolverine purr.J24 could make a wolverine purr.J24 could make a wolverine purr.J24 could make a wolverine purr.

Madieu really did Impress me on thursday it looks like he is due for a monster season this year but it is still preseason and there is alot of work to do.T
Old 08-17-2007, 04:07 PM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It doesn't really sound like the your coaches thought Hall played as bad as you guys seem to. But I suppose that could just be training camp talk as well.

http://www.bengals.com/news/news.asp?story_id=6196

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakey View Post
WWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFF!!!

i am literally gonna kick a baby to death!
ironman4579 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 04:13 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

Well, I mean I guess it's just that we weren't impressed by him. They played a lot of zone so it wasn't like he had much of a shot to showcase himself but he got beat by one of their 2nd string WR's on an out route.

Still, Johnathan Joseph was pretty bad last preseason but he ended up being one of our best defenders last year so it's not like we're throwing him under the bus. He's still got 3 more games plus before I go either way on judging him I'd like to see him in a less bland defense.
Old 08-17-2007, 04:32 PM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Here's the thing about Hall IMO that I think you've got to realize. Keep in mind I'm a Michigan fan here(probably one of the bigger homers on the board, and I admit it freely) I don't think Hall will ever be a truly shut down corner, the type of guy that teams just don't throw at, the type of guy that holds guys to 0 catches in a game. IMO he'll be a solid starter, a guy that's physical, a good tackler that's going to get alot of tackles for a corner. He probably won't be a guy that gets a ton on INT's every year. He'll get some balls caught in front of him on come back routes and out route type plays, because he tends to give a a fairly large cushion to guys. I think he knows he isn't the fastest corner out there, so at times I think he can try to simply limit receivers to shorter yardage so he doesn't let them get behind him, rather than trust in his abilities. I don't think it's a confidence issue though. That's basically the kind of corner I think he's going to be. As a Michigan fan, I'd love to see him be a guy that get's like 8+ picks a year, or be a Ty Law type of player. But I think if you're expecting him to be an absolute lockdown type of guy, you may be expecting too much.

Quote:

Last edited by ironman4579 : 08-17-2007 at 06:47 PM.
Old 08-17-2007, 06:38 PM    (permalink
Aftermath
Veteran

Aftermath could make a wolverine purr.Aftermath could make a wolverine purr.Aftermath could make a wolverine purr.Aftermath could make a wolverine purr.Aftermath could make a wolverine purr.Aftermath could make a wolverine purr.Aftermath could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironman4579 View Post
Here's the thing about Hall IMO that I think you've got to realize. Keep in mind I'm a Michigan fan here(probably one of the bigger homers on the board, and I admit it freely) I don't think Hall will ever be a truly shut down corner, the type of guy that teams just don't throw at, the type of guy that holds guys to 0 catches in a game. IMO he'll be a solid starter, a guy that's physical, a good tackler that's going to get alot of tackles for a corner. He probably won't be a guy that gets a ton on IMT's every year. He'll get some balls caught in front of him on come back routes and out route type plays, because he tends to give a a fairly large cushion to guys. I think he knows he isn't the fastest corner out there, so at times I think he can try to simply limit receivers to shorter yardage so he doesn't let them get behind him, rather than trust in his abilities. I don't think it's a confidence issue though. That's basically the kind of corner I think he's going to be. As a Michigan fan, I'd love to see him be a guy that get's like 8+ picks a year, or be a Ty Law type of player. But I think if you're expecting him to be an absolute lockdown type of guy, you may be expecting too much.
We arent expecting him to be lockdown, thats what Joseph is there for.

I just want him to be consistent and not give up the big play.

Sig by yours truly.
Aftermath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 09:28 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

Yeah honestly I wasn't thrilled with the Hall pick... I wanted Revis but in theory he's more of the type of CB we needed with Joseph already. Joseph is our shutdown CB, I'm just hoping Hall can be a playmaker that doesn't make the big mistakes (ala a younger, less suckier Tory James).

I was just concerned that he gave those cushions and wasn't very close to breaking up the play (only on 3 plays). We have a VERY VERY limited sample size so I'm really curious to see him tomorrow.

I think me and Aftermath share the expectation of most Bengals fans... We don't think he's Champ Bailey, we want him to be a young Ty Law or young Tory James. Guys that could make the big INT and don't get burned frequently.
Old 08-17-2007, 09:35 PM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

That's kind of what I'm saying. I don't think he'll get beat often(as in, letting people get behind him, giving up big plays) but I do think that he'll be a guy that guy's can make catches in front of, but not get much after because he'll make the tackle. I also think he'll be very good for you guys in run support.

Quote:

Old 08-17-2007, 11:13 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

he's gonna be just fine.

Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
Old 08-17-2007, 11:18 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

hows white looking..i like him
Old 08-18-2007, 01:58 AM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

White was great in the first preseason game... 1 INT and 7 tackles. Played 70 plays and looked great in coverage, I'm big on him and it even surprised me.

Supposedly he had a minor injury in the scrimmage yesterday but hopefully he'll get to play tonight. I could really see him starting at SS by the time the season is over.
Old 08-18-2007, 06:02 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

so you dont think that he could play free and they move williams to strong
Old 08-18-2007, 10:13 AM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

No, I think White is our future SS although I think in a bind he could play FS if Madieu went down. More because I think Madieu is a FS and a FS only while White could have potential to play either with his size/speed and skill set.
Old 08-18-2007, 12:21 PM    (permalink
Aftermath
Veteran

Aftermath could make a wolverine purr.Aftermath could make a wolverine purr.Aftermath could make a wolverine purr.Aftermath could make a wolverine purr.Aftermath could make a wolverine purr.Aftermath could make a wolverine purr.Aftermath could make a wolverine purr.

When Marvin was drafted he also said that we took the best Safety in the draft, so he has a chip on his shoulder for going in the 4th.

Sig by yours truly.
Aftermath is offline   Reply With Quote