Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 01-28-2007, 03:05 PM    (permalink
sodar21
Veteran

sodar21 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoidmoonduck
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernPride396
c'mon. Darren McFadden is the only back besides Herschel Walker to have 1,000 yard seasons as both a freshman and a sophmore, and he splits time with another great back. McFadden didn't just pop up this year.
Um, Peterson had 1,000 yard seasons his first two years as well.
So did Tyrell Sutton.
sodar21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 10:32 AM    (permalink
myinnerself
Rookie

myinnerself hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

darren mcfadden is by far the best sophmore back im a big fan of slaton but mcfadden is the real deal and most likely will win heisman next year pending colt brennen.......i also believe ian johnson and ray rice arent close to slaton or mcfadden ian johnsoon is overrated
myinnerself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 10:35 AM    (permalink
myinnerself
Rookie

myinnerself hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodar21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoidmoonduck
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernPride396
c'mon. Darren McFadden is the only back besides Herschel Walker to have 1,000 yard seasons as both a freshman and a sophmore, and he splits time with another great back. McFadden didn't just pop up this year.
Um, Peterson had 1,000 yard seasons his first two years as well.
So did Tyrell Sutton.
u guys are ******** so did steve slaton and ray rice
myinnerself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 10:42 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Out of these 4 there are a lot of concerns all around in my opinion with these guys as NFL backs. That being said I think Rice is the most NFL ready, but he may never be a feature back. Johnson doesn't impress me much, Boise is just a nice story. Slaton still has to do a lot more to prove to me he is nothing more than a system back. And McFadden again with the system, but he is also runs way too straight up for my taste. McFadden definately has the most potential of them though.
Old 02-13-2007, 10:44 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philliez01
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavalier17
Ray Rice has a nice combo of speed and size. Reminds me a bit of LJ. I think he will be a nice addition to any NFL team.
I have to disagree with that, I love Rutgers but Rice doesn't have a great combo of speed and size at all. He's rather short and isn't that fast (at least timed). Now I feel the 40 can be overrated for certain positions at times but Rice hits the hole hard and with authority. He has a great level of stamina and improves as the game wears on. However, I think he isn't as talented as McFadden, Davis, Stewart and Slaton. He's sort of like Mike Hart, he's not great timed but he's got a good level of skills that will translate into average success at the next level. Rice can be good though.
Ray Rice = Priest Holmes. Just needs to put on a bit more weight which I think he already did this season. I'm curious to what he is listed at this upcoming year because I don't think he played at the weight he was listed at last year.