Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

View Poll Results: perfect gameday?
perfect solitude 5 11.90%
going to the game 18 42.86%
friends and football 17 40.48%
football and family 2 4.76%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-10-2007, 07:28 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default the perfect game

there are many great settings you have chances to watch your teams games on Sunday, Monday and sometimes Thursdays and Saturdays. My question is, which "perfect" situation is your perfect game?

Perfect 1: You're at home, alone. In your favorite jersey, sitting in your good reclining chair. Just you, your TV, some beer, soda and a bag of your favorite chips/snack. Peace and quiet, and nobody to yell at you for yelling at your TV for a bad play call, call or play.

2: The tailgate, the BBQ, friends, beer and soda around you. Bringing out the good meats for the grill. throwing the ol' pigskin around the parking lot, avoiding driving cars, and trying not to dent parked cars while going for that catch. In your seat, constant talk with surrounding fans. Agreeing with fans of the same team, constant trash talk with the drunk guy rooting for the other team next to you(or maybe your the drunk :)). grabbing some more food inside, sneaking up foor better seats. Enduring the weather like your team, trying to get on TV and always gettin up for the wave.

3: You and your buddies, all huddled around the TV, laptops for fantasy never out of reach. constantly checking other games during your teams halftime, or waiting for the later game. a mix of fans among your friends causing constant arguing and poking fun of other teams. staying all day, catching the earlier games(EST 1 pm) and staying till the sunday night game. sometimes even sleeping over if your too drunk or tired to drive.

4: You and your family gather round the TV. the whole famliy dressed in team colors(except for your one kid brother who you think he's adopted cuz he's a packer fan in a Giants household.) During half, you go out in the yard and have a game of 2 hand touch football. come in for half number two, and chow down on the snacks mom cooked up. after the game, you chill with some pizza and discuss the game, trying not to get pizza sauce on your vintage LT jersey.

now in your own special way, one of these choices strongly appeals to you. Just making this in thinking that all though school is on the way, so if football, and I, as you all, cannot wait!! just curious on how people love to spend gameday. if there's some other tradition or thing you like to do, share it here, and lets all gear up for some regular season football, less than a month away!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 07:30 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nothing better than going to a game at Lambeau and sitting on the aluminum bleachers

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 07:32 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
Nothing better than going to a game at Lambeau and sitting on the aluminum bleachers
I'll tell ya, i took a trip out there, and it was amazing(and cold) i was there in my huge giants coat, with my packers fan bro, and all the fans were great, just an awe striking experience.
Quote:
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
Old 08-10-2007, 07:53 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Me and my buddies watch every game together but in the few times we can't I don't mind watching it alone, I get to take everything in better.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 07:59 PM    (permalink
The Great Jonathan Vilma
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i said option 1, all by myself. sometimes i just need to be alone while watching my team. Other peoples stupid comments can annoy me, they may talk or bug me, while all i want to do is sit and watch the game, focusing on every little detail of whats happening. I've only been at one NFL game (i live in Canada) and my goal is to make it to NY for a Jets game this year with my GF who is a New Jersey Devils fan. If the trip happens, i may change my mind.......

Courtesy of Fenikz - Much Appreciated

Quote:
Originally Posted by dRaFtDoRk View Post
You can't be a good corner if no one throws your way. Thats my way of seeing it.
The Great Jonathan Vilma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 08:01 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i try to do four of each during the season haha :D

actually for jets home games i go (SECTION 325!!!) and the away games i'll watch with friends, family, or alone... all good... football is football!
Old 08-10-2007, 08:04 PM    (permalink
HoopsDemon12
Pro Bowler

HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.

Im option 3... never go to school wihtout a hangover in the season haah

Sig By Diehardvikingfan
HoopsDemon12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 08:06 PM    (permalink
Dam8610
Team Leader
All-Pro

Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nothing compares to the live experience.

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

Quote:
<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
<Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge
Dam8610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 08:19 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
I'll tell ya, i took a trip out there, and it was amazing(and cold) i was there in my huge giants coat, with my packers fan bro, and all the fans were great, just an awe striking experience.
Was that in 2004?

And to answer the question it's 2 followed by 1.
Old 08-10-2007, 08:23 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
Was that in 2004?

And to answer the question it's 2 followed by 1.

no last year in an ugly game in which sadly, the Pack lost.
Quote:
Old 08-10-2007, 08:25 PM    (permalink
cardsalltheway
Veteran

cardsalltheway is a cocksman.cardsalltheway is a cocksman.cardsalltheway is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610 View Post
Nothing compares to the live experience.
Completely agree. I get to go to quite a few Colts games annually and no matter who they're playing, it's always a great time.

Designs by D-Unit

ILEMTPKC - I Love Eli Manning <The Patriots Killer> Club
cardsalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 08:28 PM    (permalink
HoopsDemon12
Pro Bowler

HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.

i havnt had the chance to go see one... this year i may takle a raodtrip with some buddies to see a bill sgame though... hopefully get Puz's autograph

Sig By Diehardvikingfan
HoopsDemon12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 08:29 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
no last year in an ugly game in which sadly, the Pack lost.
We didn't play the Giants last year...
Old 08-10-2007, 08:30 PM    (permalink
Dam8610
Team Leader
All-Pro

Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardsalltheway View Post
Completely agree. I get to go to quite a few Colts games annually and no matter who they're playing, it's always a great time.
You're a lucky lucky person. I was able to make 3 last year, 1 of which was the AFC Championship Game. The atmosphere during and after that game was unbelieveable. That's a night I'll never forget.

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

Quote:
Old 08-10-2007, 08:30 PM    (permalink
Dam8610
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoopsDemon12 View Post
i havnt had the chance to go see one... this year i may takle a raodtrip with some buddies to see a bill sgame though... hopefully get Puz's autograph
Best chance to get autographs is training camp.

Quote:
Old 08-10-2007, 08:36 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Unfortunately, none of those are close to my experiences, basically I go to my grandma's house on Sundays (I'm 16) and watch the game with a few of my relatives, there is only about 5 people on the couch watching the game, and like 7 middle-aged/ elderly women at the dining room talking and laughing loud as hell. but no one besides me is in eagles gear (or any teams' gear for that matter) and when my team gets a good play, and I react and scream "YES!", I get a bunch of weird looks from everyone. Basically the only other eagles fans in my family are my brother and grandpa, but the only players they know are McNabb, Westbrook, Trotter, Kearse and Dawkins. When I could name probably about 65 eagles right now lol (not bragging or anything, because I know most of you could do that for your team, I'm just comparing me to my family members)

I would love to go to a game though, that would probably be the time of my life.
Old 08-10-2007, 08:40 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
We didn't play the Giants last year...
i know, we went to the jets game. just a coincidence, it was the game closest to my bros b-day. for some reason, he's a pack fan.
Quote:
Old 08-10-2007, 11:53 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nothing is better then being in my seats in M & T Bank Stadium, watching the Ravens, drinking some brew and helping make our house one of the loudest in the NFL.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!
BigDawg819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 01:26 AM    (permalink
Veteran

255979119 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Solitude. But, that is because I am a anti-social asshole.
255979119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 01:36 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

numero uno...If i got tickets they would be awful...I wouldnt see anything.

I get a bit rowdy when the games on...hell, I go nuts. I cannot/will not watch the game w/ anyone else.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 02:16 PM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well seeing that I dont know another single viking fan in my town that is around my age i like to watch the game either just with my family or just watch it alone. I do like to go to the games alot more but i see the Vikes everytime they come to buffalo so not often. I like to be watching game alone because i cant stand when people talk during the game haha.

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure
The Dynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 02:23 PM    (permalink
JK17
Pro Bowler

JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.

See the problem is, I would love to be at the games, but unfortunately I live on the opposite side of the country, so that's a no. I'd love to watch it with friends, but the problem is they all like other teams (suprsingly enough, the Charger fan base in Jersey is very low...who knew). I'd love to watch with the family, but my Dad's a Giants fan, and my mom and sister are too frustrating to explain the game too every play, so I give up.

So that leaves me watching the game alone, which I don't mind. It makes it less weird when I'm punching the wall, or leaning over a chair backwards while squeezing a pillow on 4th and inches....
JK17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 04:10 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lambeau+me+alcohol= Utopia.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 04:23 PM    (permalink
rainbeaukid2
All-Pro

rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i love going to the niner games at what is now Bill Walsh Field. some of my best memories come from tailgaiting in the parking lot and then going to the games.
Old 08-11-2007, 04:36 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm an introvert... staying at home is what I love best. Absolutely LOVE it.
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote