Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 08-10-2007, 08:36 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Browns Draft Pick Updates

I'm just going to start this thread for us to follow and discuss all things related to our pick this season.

...and I'll start it off by saying...

McGinnest is out for 6 weeks!!! Hooray for back surgery!

http://www.nfl.com/teams/story/CLE/10288639

Willie's back up, Matt Stewart had surgery to repair a torn muscle in his left shoulder and will likely be placed on injured reserve. woot!

Crennel also confirmed that left guard Eric Steinbach, the club's prized free-agent signing, has a sprained knee. Steinbach got hurt when he fell on his knee during an indoor practice on Aug. 6.

D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 06:57 AM    (permalink
duckseason
All-Pro

duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Very nice. From a gambling perspective, the Browns are currently the biggest long shot to win the Super Bowl according to bodog.com and most other handicappers as well. They're 125/1 while the Bills and Texans are next at 100/1
The over/under on wins is 6 flat, while the Raiders are at 5 with unbalanced odds.

So in other words, Vegas is on our side, boys.
For some reason, I think the Titans are a team we'll be rooting for this year. At this point I think our biggest competition will be Tennessee, Oakland, Miami and KC. I think the Bills and Texans are a notch above the cellar and I wouldn't be surprised to see either of them break .500 this year, though I don't necessarily expect that. Funny how I just exclusively mentioned AFC teams. Who's our biggest competition in the NFC? Tampa? Tougher to identify the bottom of the barrel I guess. I could actually see any team making the playoffs. Even Tampa, Detroit, Atlanta and Minnesota. Can't say the same for some of those AFC teams.

It'll be fun having a vested interest in an extra game each week. And even more as we get toward the end of the season where our true competition becomes clearer. Weak 3 at Oakland and week 6 vs Miami should be interesting. I could easily see them going into their bye at 1-5 or even 0-6. Anything better than 2-4 seems highly unlikely. Looking at their schedule, they'll likely be favored in just a small handful of home games. Probably 3 at the most. I just hope they don't pull a Jets and crush our hopes in the process.
Old 08-11-2007, 07:47 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Normally the Browns are my favorite team to root for in the AFC, but this year I'll have to root against them. I think we'll get a top 10 pick out of the Browns.

Signature courtesy of BoneKrusher
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 01:34 AM    (permalink
Modano
Veteran

Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not to forget they lost their starting RT, Kevin Shaffer, for the first 4 games of the season, due to a suspension.

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU
Modano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 01:38 AM    (permalink
kalbears13
Pro Bowler

Location: The difference between a child's toy and an adult toy
kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modano View Post
Not to forget they lost their starting RT, Kevin Shaffer, for the first 4 games of the season, due to a suspension.
Ryan Tucker, not Kevin Shaffer.
Old 08-14-2007, 11:28 AM    (permalink
nrcirc
Veteran

nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I watched the KC vs Cleveland game, their Offense line is pretty good. But I don't like their couch. I believe they should able to win 6 games.
nrcirc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 11:34 AM    (permalink
kalbears13
Pro Bowler

kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrcirc View Post
I watched the KC vs Cleveland game, their Offense line is pretty good. But I don't like their couch. I believe they should able to win 6 games.
I don't like your ottoman but you don't hear me talking about it.
Old 08-14-2007, 11:43 AM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Top Ten pick maybe, but I doubt that a team as improved as the Browns (Jamal Lewis, Eric Steinbach, Seth McKinney, Shaun Smith, Antwan Peek, Eric Wright, etc.) will be in the top 5 next year. The Browns always play better than they are on paper anyways, should win AT LEAST 6 games this year with a better running game and DBs. (starting defensive backfield at times last year was Daven Holly, Brian Russell, Sean Jones, and Ralph Brown, this year it'll be Jones/B.Pool/L.Bodden/E.Wright). All in all, that trade is gonna work for both ways in the end, with Dallas getting a great player in next year's top 10 or top 15 picks, and the Browns getting a QB (QUinn) better than the QB they would've drafted next year (Woodson or Brohm.) a year ahead of time.

As far as the Wilile McGinest injury, it is not that big of a loss for the first 3-6 weeks of the reg.season. Antwan Peek is a much better pass rusher at this point, and Matt Stewart might've been cut in favor of Dave McMillan anyways. Steinbach is supposed to be back for the 4th preseason game.
Old 08-14-2007, 12:00 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Are you guys seriously banking on Jamal Lewis? I mean with ya'lls QB situation I expect a heavy load for the RB's. And I highly doubt that that Lewis can do anything significant, seeing that he's been pretty mediocre since that 2,000yd season.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 01:01 PM    (permalink
nrcirc
Veteran

nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalbears13 View Post
I don't like your ottoman but you don't hear me talking about it.
I am not special interest person, therefore I am not interesting any part of men's body at all and I don't like to talk about it.

If you look back the KC's game, the Browns should easily won by 2 touchdowns.
nrcirc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 02:57 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lewis is gonna have his best season since 2003 this year. For one, his line is good and he'll get more carries this year than he did in 2004, 2005, or 2006 (he was injured with bone spurs all last year and out of shape BTW). He is leaner and playing w/ a chip on his shoulder and unlike the last 2 seasons in Baltimore, Lewis will be the focal point of the offense. He should be good for 1200-1300+ yds. After seeing Stephen Davis do this by going to Carolina and Thomas Jones doing this by going to Chicago, no doubt Lewis can do it.
Old 08-15-2007, 03:04 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
Lewis is gonna have his best season since 2003 this year. For one, his line is good and he'll get more carries this year than he did in 2004, 2005, or 2006 (he was injured with bone spurs all last year and out of shape BTW). He is leaner and playing w/ a chip on his shoulder and unlike the last 2 seasons in Baltimore, Lewis will be the focal point of the offense. He should be good for 1200-1300+ yds. After seeing Stephen Davis do this by going to Carolina and Thomas Jones doing this by going to Chicago, no doubt Lewis can do it.
1200-1300 yards.... ok... and??? You'll still suck.
Old 08-15-2007, 07:58 PM    (permalink
LSUALUM99
Veteran

LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The good thing is that I think the Browns will win 6-7 games this year but I think in 2008 they may be pretty good. (Winslow should be healthy by then, Steinbach, Thomas, Bentley will hopefully all be healthy, Quinn should hopefully be the starter with 8+ games experience by that point and Edwards will be in his 4th season that year also.)

Also going for us is the fact that Pittsburgh looks like they may be back in form so going 0-6 in their division is a distinct possibility.

Designs by Thule

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMWSackMachine View Post
I just wanna warn you guys not to take TNew41 too seriously. He's....let's just say, special. He's fairly harmless, though. He just needs several years of seasoning before he tries to make any more points, is all.
LSUALUM99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 08:06 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

2007-2008 Browns Schedule

vs PITTSBURGH STEELERS
vs CINCINNATI BENGALS
@ Oakland Raiders
vs BALTIMORE RAVENS
@ New England Patriots
vs MIAMI DOLPHINS
@ St. Louis Rams
vs SEATTLE SEAHAWKS
@ Pittsburgh Steelers
@ Baltimore Ravens
vs HOUSTON TEXANS
@ Arizona Cardinals
@ New York Jets
vs BUFFALO BILLS
@ Cincinnati Bengals
vs SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS

Last edited by Paul : 08-15-2007 at 08:49 PM.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 08:39 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
2008 Browns Schedule

vs PITTSBURGH STEELERS
vs CINCINNATI BENGALS
@ Oakland Raiders
vs BALTIMORE RAVENS
@ New England Patriots
vs MIAMI DOLPHINS
@ St. Louis Rams
vs SEATTLE SEAHAWKS
@ Pittsburgh Steelers
@ Baltimore Ravens
vs HOUSTON TEXANS
@ Arizona Cardinals
@ New York Jets
vs BUFFALO BILLS
@ Cincinnati Bengals
vs SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS

I see 4 wins at the most and thats if everything goes right.
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 09:30 PM    (permalink
kalbears13
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces View Post
I see 4 wins at the most and thats if everything goes right.
are you saying we go 0-6 in the division for the 3rd season in a row?
Old 08-16-2007, 04:41 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalbears13 View Post
are you saying we go 0-6 in the division for the 3rd season in a row?
I see you beating Oakland, Houston ,buffalo, and 1 upset.....MAYBE
Old 08-16-2007, 04:59 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

My Prediction

vs PITTSBURGH STEELERS - L
vs CINCINNATI BENGALS - L
@ Oakland Raiders - L
vs BALTIMORE RAVENS - L
@ New England Patriots - L
vs MIAMI DOLPHINS - W
@ St. Louis Rams - L
vs SEATTLE SEAHAWKS - L
@ Pittsburgh Steelers - L
@ Baltimore Ravens - L
vs HOUSTON TEXANS - W
@ Arizona Cardinals - L
@ New York Jets - W (Upset Special)
vs BUFFALO BILLS - L
@ Cincinnati Bengals - W (Bengals will bench starters)
vs SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS - L

I see 4 wins and the Cleveland Brown fan base saying. "We won 3 out of our last 6 games and everyone really started to look good. It's gonna be a great boost for the team's confidence heading into next season!"
Old 08-18-2007, 01:21 PM    (permalink
DChess
All-Pro

DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
My Prediction

vs PITTSBURGH STEELERS - L
vs CINCINNATI BENGALS - L
@ Oakland Raiders - L
vs BALTIMORE RAVENS - L
@ New England Patriots - L
vs MIAMI DOLPHINS - W
@ St. Louis Rams - L
vs SEATTLE SEAHAWKS - L
@ Pittsburgh Steelers - L
@ Baltimore Ravens - L
vs HOUSTON TEXANS - W
@ Arizona Cardinals - L
@ New York Jets - W (Upset Special)
vs BUFFALO BILLS - L
@ Cincinnati Bengals - W (Bengals will bench starters)
vs SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS - L

I see 4 wins and the Cleveland Brown fan base saying. "We won 3 out of our last 6 games and everyone really started to look good. It's gonna be a great boost for the team's confidence heading into next season!"
hater .
DChess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 07:35 AM    (permalink
Gribble
Pro Bowler

Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just personally, I think that Brady Quinn having a good game is good for our draft position because now there is going to be a lot more QB shuffling in Cleveland. Plus, they've looked really awful on offense otherwise. Their 1st team was shut out by the Lions.
Old 08-19-2007, 08:04 AM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gribble View Post
Just personally, I think that Brady Quinn having a good game is good for our draft position because now there is going to be a lot more QB shuffling in Cleveland. Plus, they've looked really awful on offense otherwise. Their 1st team was shut out by the Lions.
Yeah before the Lions game they were on the Cleveland board talking about running all over them. Now their all about how great Brady looked against Detroits 4th team. LOL...
Old 08-19-2007, 08:53 AM    (permalink
robert_in_bigd
Veteran

robert_in_bigd hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gribble View Post
Great call, the better the rook does the more confusion he creates. I hope he does great next week with the first team.

One the season starts, he plays badly, team loses hope of the playoffs early, the team decides to "write off the season" and let Quinn/Joe Thomas/Eric Wright develop while losing.

Perfect storm (I hope)
robert_in_bigd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 08:46 PM    (permalink
kalbears13
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert_in_bigd View Post
Great call, the better the rook does the more confusion he creates. I hope he does great next week with the first team.

One the season starts, he plays badly, team loses hope of the playoffs early, the team decides to "write off the season" and let Quinn/Joe Thomas/Eric Wright develop while losing.

Perfect storm (I hope)
Joe Thomas and Eric Wright are already starting...
Old 08-19-2007, 08:51 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This thread is great, I wish the Bengals had made the same trade.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 08:54 PM    (permalink
BrownsTown
All-Pro

BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

McGinnest isn't a big deal, Antwan Peek looked like an absolute beast against this past week.
BrownsTown is offline   Reply With Quote