Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Atlanta Falcons Team Forum

Atlanta Falcons Team Forum Discuss the Falcons

Old 08-10-2007, 10:16 PM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default So...who watched the game?

I just got to hear about it. From what I heard the 1s were nasty with it. I'd like to get some updates from what people though. Robinson's stats looked real good, and obviously Roddy was snaggin it.
iloxygenil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 07:55 AM    (permalink
lod01
Veteran

lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I saw the replay last night. Laurent is a potential future stud. It's a good thing he doesn't have to worry about 'dropping' passes thrown by vick. It's interesting that all the WR's played well and vick was no where to be seen. I guess that solves the case of the WR dropsies.....just like I figured. Roddy white still sucks though.
lod01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 10:19 AM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

White had 1 drop but played a lot better

Joe Horn had a nice catch

Robinson was the most impressive

Snelling looked decent, but nothing special

Shockley struggled, he had a few nice throws, but was throwing it to hard. The interception was on a defelection.

We had some long returns

Last edited by georgiafan : 08-11-2007 at 12:43 PM.
georgiafan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 11:13 AM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Our ST coverage was beyond terrible.

Jimmy Williams and Chris Houston didn't look good.

Snelling looks like he could be a decent football player.

All of our QB's were throwing high, some nice cathces saved them.

Roddy had a drop, but made a great catch as well.

Laurent looked like a guy you cna just pitch and catch with all day.
Old 08-11-2007, 02:02 PM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Really Jimmy and Houston struggled? Who was out there with our 1s when we were shutting them down?
Old 08-11-2007, 04:51 PM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iloxygenil View Post
Really Jimmy and Houston struggled? Who was out there with our 1s when we were shutting them down?
Houston got called for a PI call in the end zone while going up agianst a 6'3 WR. If it wasn't for that he would have gave up a TD on a jump ball.

Rossum got screwed on a PI call that should have been on the offensive and lead to a jetsTD.

Even though Shockly didn't play great his biggest problem was throwing the ball to hard which can easily be fixed.

Danny Ware looked pretty good for the jets. Stuckey also had good TD catch.
Old 08-11-2007, 05:04 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iloxygenil View Post

Jimmy was out there most of the time IIRC. He was often out of place, and missed a few tackles.
Old 08-11-2007, 05:16 PM    (permalink
scar988
All-Pro

scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lod01 View Post
I saw the replay last night. Laurent is a potential future stud. It's a good thing he doesn't have to worry about 'dropping' passes thrown by vick. It's interesting that all the WR's played well and vick was no where to be seen. I guess that solves the case of the WR dropsies.....just like I figured. Roddy white still sucks though.
LAurent has glue hands. but Roddy did drop 1... Also, the WR's had 3 things they never had with Vick. a good WR coach, a mentor in Horn AND a scheme that features them. though I do agree that Vick was a part of the problem.

Owner of ScarDraft
Atlanta Falcons and NFL Draft Featured Columnist for Bleacher Report
scar988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 07:39 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I heard something I heard on the radio that I disagreed with. John Clayton said that without Michael Vick the team doesn't have a "leader." Is this is the same Vick I saw last year? The one who questioned his coaches, called out his teammates, threw no 4th QTR touchdowns, led no come from behind charges, lost his composure often, etc.

I am much more concerned about the young defensive backfield than I am Joey Harrington. Jimmy Williams' has the physical tools, but I am afraid his mental game is not up to snuff. Chris Houston will undeniably struggle at times, as most rookie corners do.
Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 08:56 AM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How's Snelling doing?

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 10:35 AM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghettosermon View Post
How's Snelling doing?

He looked solid out there. He will make the team. I think he had 10 carries for 48 yards.
Old 08-13-2007, 09:27 AM    (permalink
DraftMichaelHuff
Veteran

DraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

woohooo...just downloaded my first entire Falcons game, lol no more only watchin the games only televised on Australian TV.

I was impressed with Snelling the most, he really seems to run with power and on numerous occasions he trucked the first tackler.

We need to cut Allen Rossom before the next preseason game, he is purely a KR who cant return kicks . We need to bring in a cb with 3-6 years experience who can return kicks or at least play special teams and is 5"11-6"0, no idea if there is a guy like that out there but i hope the staff can find one. IF not, i'd even settle for a healthy Chris Cash or Ahmad Carrol if my ideal type of guy cant be found

Next...I think Jimmy is getting a bad wrap from alot of the blogers and msg boarders, sure he didnt stand out but after watching the game i wouldnt say he played bad by any means. He missed a tackle on Leon Washington that resulted in a big gain on a run on a 3rd and long but Washington has amazing feet and Jimmy came at full speed from deep zone and a miss in that situation in a preseason game at a new position is forgivable, he certainly looks the part out there as he roved around, reminded me a bit of Darren Sharpers manarasims as he bounced around out there.

It's really a crazy time to be a falcons fan, normally we would get pshyced with all these rookies and blindly believe they will all be stars, but deep down all know most of them wont be on the team in 2 years. This year though I dont feel as silly having such high hopes for our draftees and all of them look like they will be able to contribute as backups AT LEAST. I like our undrafted OL guys too.

Finally.... it felt weird seeing no #7 in there as i watched the game. I miss seeing him on the feild and i hope his name is cleared. In the mean time i have to admit i was more relaxed watching Harrington at the helm. He doesnt have the boom or bust factor vick did, he is much more predictable whereas with Vick i wasnt sure if he was going to blow me away with an amazing run or a 50 yard laser right on target, or if he was gonna overthrow a WR, get sacked or get injured.

To me falcon football will be different this year, there has been a definate change in my mentality as i watch them play....i cant work out if its good or bad, i mean I'm more relaxed with Joey there but the game just isn't as exiting without Mike. I guess i will have to wait and see if a guy who contantly rates 6-7/10 is more fun to watch than a guy who looks 10/10 on one play and 4/10 on another.
/rant.

edit: Laurent Robinson= massive potential

Last edited by DraftMichaelHuff : 08-13-2007 at 09:36 AM.
DraftMichaelHuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 09:29 AM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

How did you do that!? I WANT I NEED PLEASE!
Old 08-13-2007, 09:31 AM    (permalink
DraftMichaelHuff
Veteran

DraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

i used this torrent program, it wasnt live or anything it was just good to watch the whole game instead of highlight film
Old 08-13-2007, 01:08 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

Joey Harrington is a 3. Not a 6-7.
Old 08-13-2007, 01:12 PM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

Which site did you use DMH? I'd like to download it myself.
Old 08-13-2007, 01:15 PM    (permalink
scar988
All-Pro

scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
no hes more liek a 5. will make solid throws, but will not be spectacular yet at the same time, I could see some spectacular things from Joey.

Owner of ScarDraft
Atlanta Falcons and NFL Draft Featured Columnist for Bleacher Report
scar988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 06:53 PM    (permalink
DraftMichaelHuff
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
well my point was i expect Joey's worst this year to not be as bad as Vick's worse in the past, but then again i expect Joeys best this year not to be as good as Vicks best and even moreso what his best would of been this year. i just used numbers to try and get my point across.

Last edited by DraftMichaelHuff : 08-13-2007 at 06:58 PM.
Old 08-14-2007, 02:19 AM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

All I want from Harrington is for him to be a decent bridge until we draft his replacement next year.
Old 08-14-2007, 01:33 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think he can be that, and maybe even more. If Crumpler is healthy and fit in time for the season, this is the best receiving core and offensive line that Harrington has had in his career. Plus, Petrino's offense props up quarterbacks better than they actually are.

I'm very tempted to say that the Falcons might actually be better off, I never thought Harrington was trash. But most if not all will have to stay healthy for the Falcons to have a good year, especially Joe Horn and John Abraham.
Old 08-16-2007, 09:41 PM    (permalink
DraftMichaelHuff
Veteran

Jarred Gaither looking very Marcus McNeil esk for the Ravens, they love him, he is comming along in leaps and bounds. (I hate to say i told you so Falcons front office)

Imagine if we had taken McNeal last year, and then Gaither this year coupled with Blaylock, leaving us with Crocker at FS this year (meh) and then take Mr Phillip's with our first pick this year *homer simpson drool noise*

LT McNeil
LG Blaylock
C Mclure
RG Forney
RT Gaither

Last edited by DraftMichaelHuff : 08-16-2007 at 09:44 PM.
Old 08-16-2007, 10:52 PM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

That OL is nasty, but really, ours is solid...we just lack a LT...but we got a TON of protection in that first pre-season game.
Old 08-16-2007, 11:27 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

It's a lot easier to protect when you know where your QB is going to be. If there is one thing that Joey Harrington does well is he doesn't hold onto the ball. Because of that I don't expect there to be many sacks made against the offense.

Old 08-17-2007, 03:12 AM    (permalink
joercky
Rookie

joercky needs more cowbell.

I like Harrington for the next 2 years or so but instead of drafting a new QB why not go the Dallas way and develop Shockley who has some tools to work with and play him when hes ready. Saves a lot of money and is guy who like Vick can scramble.

Bluto I'm a zit get it. http://youtube.com/watch?v=qft0bdhl17c

Cartman- Kyle get that sand out of your vagina.
joercky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 04:13 AM    (permalink
DraftMichaelHuff
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
It's a lot easier to protect when you know where your QB is going to be. If there is one thing that Joey Harrington does well is he doesn't hold onto the ball. Because of that I don't expect there to be many sacks made against the offense.
yeh but last year Vick was sacked heaps inside the pocket, normally when he rolled out it was a completion or an inaccurate pass/drop. It was the rush up the middle that they had trouble with mostly. I think its the coaching and the scheme moreso than a stationary QB