Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > St. Louis Rams Team Forum

St. Louis Rams Team Forum Discuss the Rams

Old 08-10-2007, 10:52 PM    (permalink
NGSeiler
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Rams Preseason Discussion

So with one preseason game in the books, I thought I would post some thoughts on the first half...
  • Starting off with a penalty on special teams was not the first impression I was hoping the unit would make. That being said, I thought Derek Stanley showed some flashes as a return man, but it's going to be hard for a WR/KR to make this roster with a lot of talent at the receiver spot and Dante Hall basically a lock to return on special teams.
  • Bulger looked on the money except for the interception, which was basically a pop fly tip. But other than that he was accurate and made good decisions, and I don't think he took any major hits.
  • Adam Carriker looked like the real deal tonight. He could have done a better job collapsing the pocket against the pass, but he was all over the place defending the run. He got the better of Matt Birk more than once and generally held his ground very well. He seemed to be around the ball quite a bit.
  • About a week ago, Torry Holt said his knee was at 70%. Either he's now healed completely or he's good at hiding the remaining discomfort, because he was sharp tonight. His first catch - a 13-yarder against Cedric Griffin - was a nice crisp route near the sidelines that looked about as textbook as you could get.
  • Ron Bartell looked shaky as a starting cornerback tonight. He gave up big plays to Bobby Wade twice, playing off of Wade during the route and then whiffing on the tackle as he closed the gap. Maybe he needs to get the rust out, but I wasn't confident in what I saw in the first quarter.
  • Brian Leonard looked a little jittery at first, but once the second team was in he did well. His night can probably best be summed up as a mix of a couple short gains combined with a few nice bursts, one for a touchdown. He looked completely comfortable as a receiver out of the backfield as well.
  • The pass rush seemed rather underwhelming, though that might have been due to a combination of Tarvaris Jackson's scrambling ability as well as the short and intermediate routes the Vikings were running. The jury is out for me, and I'm not worried but it's at least something to watch for in the later games.

Like I said, didn't watch the second half so I didn't get to see many of the third stringers.

Last edited by NGSeiler : 08-10-2007 at 10:54 PM.
NGSeiler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 03:44 PM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rams are 1-0 in preseason :)

KCJ58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 03:46 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

so guys, how sweet is Brian Leonard? now people out of New Jersey are witnesses... :D
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 03:47 PM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

the rams next game:

Saturday (Aug. 18th) vs. San Diego Chargers
7PM (CT) On CBS (it will be nationally televised)

Old 08-12-2007, 03:50 PM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
so guys, how sweet is Brian Leonard? now people out of New Jersey are witnesses... :D
he was very impressive in his Ram debut his stats:

9 Car 36 Yds 1 TD
5 Rec 30 Yds 0 TD

Old 08-12-2007, 05:15 PM    (permalink
holtfan92
Veteran

holtfan92 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.holtfan92 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCJ58 View Post
the rams next game:

Saturday (Aug. 18th) vs. San Diego Chargers
7PM (CT) On CBS (it will be nationally televised)
Sweet.. i'm gonna watch that..want to see some more of our backups including leonard.

R.I.P Sean Taylor

Thanks to Renji for the AVI
holtfan92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 09:54 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Some of my observations on the game.

Our backup WRs, specifcally Hagans and the guy out of UW-Whitewater (shoutout to the UW school system) looked good on Friday, that is something I really liked.

Lenord and Ferotte moved the ball well for the time that they were in. Something positive to see if knock on wood, God Forebid Jakson and Bulger were to go down.

Our first stringers not only on offense, but on defense looked well. In fact, our defense won the game, not our offense, that is a rareity in St. Louis football. I know it was the Vikings and all that, but still 10 points is good.

Brock Berlin was good, that is shocking. And Fitzpatrick clearly stunk. Did he complete more passes to the Rams or Vikings? Maybe this year, and not last year, we may have a race for the third string QB.

Some concern:we didn't get a sack. We missed a lot of tackles in which we coulda had losses. Jackson and Thigpen had too much room to scramble. Obviously, Fitzy didn't look good, and god forebid, Bulger gets hurt, and Feortte can get hurt as well, we may need him. If we do, something went terribly wrong. Also, #77, whoever the hell he is was awful, if he makes the team, our OL is pathetic.

And a question for people who know more than me, what does the starting offensive line? Pace is the LT, Barron is the RT, and Timmerman is a a guard. Who is the other guard and center. Is it Setterstrom and Incognito. And if not, who is?
Old 08-14-2007, 01:15 AM    (permalink
BTRams66

Heres the Starting O-Line

LT Orlando Pace
LG Mark Setterstrom
C Brett Romberg/ Andy McCullum yet to be decided
RG Richie Incognito
RT Alex Barron

The guards may be the wrong way round but I'm sure this is it.
Old 08-14-2007, 01:50 AM    (permalink
BTRams66

Romberg and McCullum should be an interesting battle.

Last edited by BTRams66 : 08-14-2007 at 01:52 AM.
Old 08-14-2007, 01:51 AM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

why would you double post 35 min later also i think McCullum will be the opening day starter but Romberg will end up taking over

Old 08-14-2007, 03:17 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why is Incognito starting? Me no like him....
Old 08-14-2007, 03:46 PM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

how many rams fans are on NFLDC do we even have double digits yet?

Old 08-14-2007, 04:04 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

Quote:
how many rams fans are on NFLDC do we even have double digits yet?
I don't know, but u, me, RIG, Freebirds, holtfan, Hawkeye Fan and nflfrillman are like 500 Rams fans rolled into 8.

Last edited by yodabear : 08-14-2007 at 04:08 PM.
yodabear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 04:06 PM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by yodachu View Post
I don't know, but u, me, RIG, Freebirds, holtfan and nflfrillman are like 200 Rams fans rolled into 7.
Hawkeyefan is also a Rams fan so thats 8

Old 08-14-2007, 04:08 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

Quote:
Hawkeyefan is also Rams fan so thats 8
Yes, I forgot about him. Sorry about that HF, I swear I did not do that on purpose. Its like 500 Rams fans rolled into 8.
Old 08-14-2007, 04:09 PM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

atleast theres 8 rams fans to 1 Seahawk fan (Tubby)

and were gonna win the NFC West and sweep the Seahawks

Old 08-14-2007, 05:15 PM    (permalink
NGSeiler
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
also i think McCullum will be the opening day starter but Romberg will end up taking over
Fry has a better chance of taking over long term if McCollum starts now. I don't think Romberg is a long term answer at all.
Old 08-15-2007, 02:22 AM    (permalink
BTRams66

I'm a Rams fan too.
Old 08-15-2007, 02:23 AM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTRams66 View Post
I'm a Rams fan too.

yes you are but we dont know you yet but im glad to see that your here and that your a rams fan :)

Old 08-15-2007, 12:51 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTRams66 View Post
I'm a Rams fan too.
Ur a rookie though. But u are like Carriker or Lenord, and not Kevin Lovell, so u are cool.
Old 08-18-2007, 07:57 PM    (permalink
holtfan92
Veteran

holtfan92 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.holtfan92 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Our offense is moving pretty well tonight... but its killed by 2 turnovers in 3 drives.

R.I.P Sean Taylor

Old 08-18-2007, 08:19 PM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

Location: "Im against Picketing, but I don't know how to show it"-Mitch Hedberg
josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The O-line is giving Leonard no holes, its ridiculous.
Old 08-19-2007, 12:17 AM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

30-13 hey but its only the preseaon right :)

Old 08-19-2007, 12:20 AM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

Next Game for the Rams:

Friday Aug. 24th, @ Oakland Raiders

(On Fox) (9PM CT)

Old 08-19-2007, 12:40 AM    (permalink
holtfan92
Veteran

I only watched.. the first 3/4 of the first half... i liked our that our offense did move the ball well.. we have to fix the turnover problem and we should be fine.. leonard was good early on but then our o-line didn't give him much to work with later on.

solid game but a loss is a loss.

R.I.P Sean Taylor