Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 08-11-2007, 06:04 PM    (permalink
BigJohn98
Pro Bowler

BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default So we've debated on who the fastest player in the country is...

But who is the strongest? Call me a homer, but I think FSU defensive tackle Paul Griffin takes the cake. This is a result from the Seminoles strength and conditioning competition.

Bench Press
1. Paul Griffin (6-1/286) ... 520
BigJohn98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 06:49 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jacques McClendon broke Tennessee's bench press record this summer when he did 555 lbs. He's also a true sophomore.
Pit Bull #53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 01:21 AM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I want to know how much these guys squat and deadlift. Both are much better indicators of how strong someone is.
Old 08-12-2007, 03:43 PM    (permalink
Michigan
Who wants to sex Mutombo?
Pro Bowler

Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

when did we debate the fastest player in the country?

anyways, Jake Long is certainly in the mix (pretty much every nomination will be a homer pick...)
Old 08-12-2007, 03:53 PM    (permalink
BigJohn98
Pro Bowler

BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigan View Post

anyways, Jake Long is certainly in the mix (pretty much every nomination will be a homer pick...)
Was there not a thread asking who the fastest player in the country was?
BigJohn98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 03:56 PM    (permalink
HoopsDemon12
Pro Bowler

HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn98 View Post
Was there not a thread asking who the fastest player in the country was?
ya there was... i gotta think long is one of the strongest players

Sig By Diehardvikingfan
HoopsDemon12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 04:34 PM    (permalink
gstock05
Veteran

gstock05 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Not really sure about other players, but Marcus Freeman, a 240 lb linebacker broke the OSU hang clean record with a 405 hang clean. That's a pretty rediculous show of strength.
gstock05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 05:18 PM    (permalink
Green Bay Scat
Pro Bowler

Green Bay Scat is a cocksman.Green Bay Scat is a cocksman.Green Bay Scat is a cocksman.

Squat is the most overrated lift, its important but u max out(hit the top) way to fast, plus its inredably bad for your back. I got to 550, but after that everytime i would do reps of 500, my hamys got tight/pulledish. I for one am more for Leg press, but thats just cause i cant squat anymore. 555lbs bench is great, what about reps? we had a LB at Saddleback do 34 reps at 225lbs and hes 220lbs. Pound for pound strength or just straight strength is also a question
Green Bay Scat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 01:17 AM    (permalink
jbeans187
Veteran

jbeans187 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.jbeans187 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigan View Post

He might not be the strongest in the weight room but he has that field strength...kind of like Deion saying the next man speed but in strength

Leroy Smith - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=koGD6XnAsNs
jbeans187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 10:42 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Bay Scat View Post
Squat is the most overrated lift, its important but u max out(hit the top) way to fast, plus its inredably bad for your back. I got to 550, but after that everytime i would do reps of 500, my hamys got tight/pulledish. I for one am more for Leg press, but thats just cause i cant squat anymore. 555lbs bench is great, what about reps? we had a LB at Saddleback do 34 reps at 225lbs and hes 220lbs. Pound for pound strength or just straight strength is also a question
Wow GBS....Squat is the most overrated? Squat is the most important lift out there. It's only bad for your back if your technique is ****. You do know you can break through plateaus once you think you've reached your max right? Squat most overrated...this guy and his jokes.

Jake Long has man strength. I don't know what his lifts are but he throws people around like rag dolls.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 11:32 AM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Actually, there is a player on Michigan that is stronger than Jake Long, and his name is Terrence Taylor. As a junior in HS he won the Michigan state power lifting title and set a record with a combined 1615 lbs lifted in three events. He squatted 610 lbs, dead lifted 620 lbs, and benched 385 lbs. His personal best in High School was squatting 625 lbs.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 04:04 PM    (permalink
Xonraider
All-Pro

Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

we should have a slowest player thread...
Old 08-13-2007, 04:38 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Proper squats aren't all that bad for your back. Obviously once you get into the 500+ range, you're asking for trouble, because keeping form gets pretty difficult, and it gets tough on the muscles you use, just like any other lift. A little less weight and more reps is better for football, but the squat is a very important lift.

I would even venture out there and say that the leg press is far more dangerous than a squat is. If you do both of them right, you're fine. If you mess up a leg press, you can screw the heck out of your knees.
mqtirishfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 04:59 PM    (permalink
Primetime21
Veteran

Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
On my High School team we had a 5'6'' 150 LB(Runs a 4.6) do squated 40 reps of 225 lbs. That was when he was a sophmore. Also our QB did 205 32 times.
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
players intsimy latieres are sutpdi. the players areat all unituw/ o dpmt ebem aer about wat the lpater aare calling themeslves of whatever, terhera will Its sutpid/ neever be anothe said playerm. rscj p;syhyrt uniyeee, snf rhyrtrgotr, each player autntiwue for each syste,. /
Alcohol+Draft Forum= Fneuniest timez evverzzz

Last edited by Primetime21 : 08-19-2007 at 10:40 PM.
Primetime21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 06:20 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

40? One of the strongest players in South Florida last year, Kevin Bryant, got like 43 reps at 6-6 380. For some reason I doubt a 150 kid did it 40 times.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 07:55 PM    (permalink
jbeans187
Veteran

jbeans187 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.jbeans187 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151 View Post
40? One of the strongest players in South Florida last year, Kevin Bryant, got like 43 reps at 6-6 380. For some reason I doubt a 150 kid did it 40 times.
Probabally didnt go down all the way. But u never know, people that are short and stocky have a great advantage in the weight room

Leroy Smith - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=koGD6XnAsNs
jbeans187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 12:18 AM    (permalink
srv fan
Veteran

srv fan could make a wolverine purr.srv fan could make a wolverine purr.srv fan could make a wolverine purr.srv fan could make a wolverine purr.srv fan could make a wolverine purr.srv fan could make a wolverine purr.srv fan could make a wolverine purr.srv fan could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbeans187 View Post
Probabally didnt go down all the way. But u never know, people that are short and stocky have a great advantage in the weight room
5'6 150 for a linebacker isn't short and stocky. It's freaking Pee Wee Herman sized. Honestly, that's small for JV... or even middle school...

- Vince Lombardi
srv fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 12:03 PM    (permalink
energizerbunny
Veteran

energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chris Pressley, FB for Wisconsin has some pretty insane strength.
This a vid of him squating over 600 pounds 10 times
http://youtube.com/watch?v=s6uuVVTLmHA
energizerbunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 05:07 PM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by srv fan View Post
5'6 150 for a linebacker isn't short and stocky. It's freaking Pee Wee Herman sized. Honestly, that's small for JV... or even middle school...
It's small for a linebacker, but there are top notch high school wrestlers who can lift an asston of weight and are even smaller than 5-6 150. I've seen a guy about that size put up 36 reps of 225, so I don't doubt 4 more is possible.
Old 08-15-2007, 09:10 PM    (permalink
gstock05
Veteran

gstock05 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

5'6 150 might not be heavy, but thats at least fairly stocky given the height.

Secondly, leg presses ARE worse for you than squats given proper form.

Squats are very efficient and safe exercises, and one of the most important athletic training lifts there is. However, having bad form, using a smith machine, using a weight belt too much, or simply squatting more than you're able to is going to screw up your back. Although as someone said, any time you get into the 400+ range for a lift, it starts to get a bit dangerous in terms of injuries.
gstock05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 01:09 PM    (permalink
V. Young
Rookie

V. Young hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by energizerbunny View Post
Chris Pressley, FB for Wisconsin has some pretty insane strength.
This a vid of him squating over 600 pounds 10 times
http://youtube.com/watch?v=s6uuVVTLmHA
He only squated that 9 times..doesnt matter tho thats amazing. I will remember that chris pressely.
V. Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 03:35 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primetime21 View Post
On my High School team we had a 5'6'' 150 LB(Runs a 4.6) do 40 reps of 225 lbs. That was when he was a sophmore. Also our QB did 205 32 times.
That is the biggest hunk of **** I have read in awhile. 90% of NFL offensive lineman can't do 40 reps of 225.
Old 08-17-2007, 08:30 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djp4516 View Post
That is the biggest hunk of **** I have read in awhile. 90% of NFL offensive lineman can't do 40 reps of 225.
Wow, I thought it was 185, not 225. Bryant did 40 reps of 185.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 05:05 PM    (permalink
T.Smith
Rookie

T.Smith hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Strongest on the feild could possibly be Vernon Gholston, he ripped through Jake Long last year. He def. passes the look test.
T.Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 10:38 PM    (permalink
Primetime21
Veteran

Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djp4516 View Post
Well when he is that short it is not to hard to get down. Trust me he is Simoen(spelling) and is the hardest worker on the team. He may be like 165 but he is still small. Ohh and I am talking about sqauts thats why I quoted a paragraph about squating. LOL at that kind of numbers with bench.
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
players intsimy latieres are sutpdi. the players areat all unituw/ o dpmt ebem aer about wat the lpater aare calling themeslves of whatever, terhera will Its sutpid/ neever be anothe said playerm. rscj p;syhyrt uniyeee, snf rhyrtrgotr, each player autntiwue for each syste,. /
Alcohol+Draft Forum= Fneuniest timez evverzzz

Last edited by Primetime21 : 08-19-2007 at 10:43 PM.
Primetime21 is offline   Reply With Quote