Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 08-11-2007, 11:38 PM    (permalink
badgerbacker
Pro Bowler

badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Breakout Player

The main reason I'm creating this thread is hopefully to hear from Scott to see if he's going to do a "breakout college player" this year. I really enjoyed seeing those in the past years and he's done pretty well at pegging breakout guys.

Anyway, since a thread has been started, who do you see as this year's college breakout player? Keep in mind this isn't just who you believe will have a good year, it's who will break onto the scene for the first time. So Ray Rice, Steve Slaton and all of those guys are out of the conversation because they have already broken out.

My personal pick is Marlon Lucky, RB from Nebraska. A pretty highly touted recruit coming out of high school, he's never really been the main ball carrier at Nebraska. If he gets a decent amount of carries this year, I see him putting up huge numbers.
Old 08-11-2007, 11:41 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can see Marlon, what about Mike Teal? Any possibility?
Scottyboy?
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 12:18 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

mike goodson

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 12:32 AM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Graig Cooper, RB, Miami. He's splitting carries with James in practice. Should be the KR and PR, and will play WR as well. I'm really excited to see what he can do next year. Other than him a guy I really like is Andre Brown from NC State. Guy is a tank and I really think by the end of the season he can be the 2nd best RB in the country.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 01:21 AM    (permalink
elway777
All-Pro

elway777 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.elway777 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I see Jonathan Stewart breaking out this season.

I still do not know why he committed to a spread offense program.
elway777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 01:27 AM    (permalink
duckseason
All-Pro

duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

In the Pac-10, the guys who immediately come to mind are-

Jake Locker, QB Washington
Louis Holmes, DE Arizona (if he can stay out of trouble)
Reggie Carter, LB UCLA
Willie Tuitama, QB Arizona (Sonny Dykes new OC)
Jonathan Stewart, RB Oregon

Nationally, I really like some of the guys already mentioned, and-

Ricky Sapp, DE Clemson
Chris Wells, RB Ohio St.
Antone Smith, RB FSU
Michael Johnson, DE GT
Tim Tebow, QB Florida

among others...
Old 08-12-2007, 01:40 AM    (permalink
Jonny
Veteran

Jonny is a cocksman.Jonny is a cocksman.Jonny is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neko4 View Post
I can see Marlon, what about Mike Teal? Any possibility?
Scottyboy?
Teel will be ok, but I think at this time next year we will all be talking about Kenny Britt as a first round pick in 2009.

Same for Darius Heyward-Bey, who I'm really terrified of facing.
Jonny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 01:40 AM    (permalink
jbeans187
Veteran

jbeans187 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.jbeans187 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Tashard Choice? A lot of people know him but he gets no respect. Goodson is a good pick as well. Patrick Turner? Vidal Hazelton? Darrius Heyward-Bey? DeMarco Murray? CJ Spiller? One of the UMiami LB's will make a name for themselves this year? A USC RB? I also like Erin Henderson from Maryland

Leroy Smith - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=koGD6XnAsNs
jbeans187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 01:45 AM    (permalink
jbeans187
Veteran

jbeans187 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.jbeans187 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonny View Post
Teel will be ok, but I think at this time next year we will all be talking about Kenny Britt as a first round pick in 2009.

Same for Darius Heyward-Bey, who I'm really terrified of facing.
I like how we where both thinking Heyward-Bey at the same time, but i guess u beat me to it

Leroy Smith - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=koGD6XnAsNs
jbeans187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 01:55 AM    (permalink
duckseason
All-Pro

duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think a lot of us kinda felt that Heyward-Bey broke out against GT and Miami last year, but hey, I mentioned some guys that have had some big games too. I think there's too many guys to name.
Old 08-12-2007, 02:20 AM    (permalink
Packers-Cardinals
Rookie

Packers-Cardinals needs more cowbell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elway777 View Post
I see Jonathan Stewart breaking out this season.

I still do not know why he committed to a spread offense program.
What other schools were recruiting him?
Packers-Cardinals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 02:28 AM    (permalink
Zyro_1014
Pro Bowler

Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packers-Cardinals View Post
every school you can think of. he couldve went to SC. he had the best High School Combine like ever. 5'11" 230 4.3 40 benched like 450 pounds and had like a 45 inch vert or somethin crazy like that
Zyro_1014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 02:38 AM    (permalink
duckseason
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packers-Cardinals View Post
SC, WSU, every other Pac-10 school, tOSU, FSU, Florida, Nebraska, Notre Dame, Tennessee, Duke, can't remember the others. In the end he said it came down to WSU and Oregon.
Old 08-12-2007, 03:12 PM    (permalink
Gchu83
Rookie

Gchu83 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Gchu83 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Brian Orakpo DE Texas
Gchu83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 03:43 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ok idk what Jonny is talking about with Teel, who will break out this year, but isnt much of a pro prospect.(but he is a winner) but he is right with Britt who is an amazing talent and will explode on the scene this year. My sleeper pick with break out player for Rutgers is Jason McCourty CB. he's got good hands and with teams staying out of the middle b/c of Greene and Girault in the middle. Also, DE Jamal Westerman should continue his very sold career, especially rushing the passer. Rutgers defense is loaded, with the exception of MLB.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Last edited by scottyboy : 08-12-2007 at 03:46 PM.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 03:44 PM    (permalink
Michigan
Who wants to sex Mutombo?
Pro Bowler

Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

lawrence wilson
Old 08-12-2007, 05:17 PM    (permalink
Jonny
Veteran

Jonny is a cocksman.Jonny is a cocksman.Jonny is a cocksman.

Most people think Teel is terrible, he really isn't. He's an ok late-round prospect with the potential to go higher, mainly because he's tall and has a big arm.

It's hard to call players like McCourty, Blaze, Tverdov, or Malast breakout guys. They're stepping up on the team into prominent roles, but are they going to emerge on the national stage like Britt will? Not likely.
Jonny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 05:21 PM    (permalink
Green Bay Scat
Pro Bowler

Green Bay Scat is a cocksman.Green Bay Scat is a cocksman.Green Bay Scat is a cocksman.

Jonathan Goff (LB) Vandy. Showed up lighter and quicker and is up for some preseason awards. If Vandy can at least get to a bowl, i think his stock will go way up, a technician out their on the field.

Also Chris Williams (LT) Vandy, After giving up a sack to Lamar Woodley in the first game, didnt give up another the entire season in the tough sec. Has Size(6'7" 315lbs) and quick feet, should rise into late first early second with a great season.

Last edited by Green Bay Scat : 08-12-2007 at 05:23 PM.
Green Bay Scat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 05:30 PM    (permalink
Veteran

22,895 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Patrick Turner. He's gonna be an All-American.
22,895 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 06:32 PM    (permalink
OhioState
Veteran

OhioState hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.OhioState hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Marcus Freeman, i am really high on this guy because of his coverage ability but i think this year he will show he can blitz and play the run as well.
Old 08-12-2007, 06:46 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

matthew stafford is due and i think knowshon moreno is gonna have a big year even though he will see limited carries due to kregg lumpkin and thomas brown.

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 06:51 PM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 22,895 View Post
ill agree with that also Kevin Ellison or Brian Crushing could do it as well

also dont forget that Corner from CU Terrence Wheatley ;)

KCJ58 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 09:02 PM    (permalink
TH3
Veteran

TH3 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.TH3 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

DeMarco,Murray - Running Back University of Oklahoma
TH3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 09:52 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kirby Freeman.

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 10:28 PM    (permalink
elway777
All-Pro

elway777 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.elway777 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 22,895 View Post
David "The Great Oz" Ausberry has more potential then any player on SC's roster. He's 6-5 235 and has 4.5 speed.
elway777 is offline   Reply With Quote