Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 08-13-2007, 10:33 PM    (permalink
JK17
Pro Bowler

JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheChampIsHere View Post
overall not a bad list, some people you left off but one thing I just have to call you out on....How in gods name do you have Michael Bennett as an honorable mention to Michael Bennett, sure he had a good year awhile back with the Vikes and he has the whole fastest player in the NFL stigma, but the dude hasnt been healthy in a long time, he hasnt done jack in this league in a long time, I dont believe he still has the talent he used to. Flat out I think he is one of the absolute worst backup running backs in this league and the lack of a decent no. 2 back is one of the biggest holes on the KC team because in this day and age it is all about having 2 back systems and the Chiefs by making Bennett their no. 2 are essentially putting the entire burden on Larry Johnson, and it could cut his career short.
The only reason I included Bennett was because I felt I needed more names to throw in the list, and he had a decent preseason game, which was fresh in my memory, and he's shown talent in the past. I'm not up to date enough on each team though to ensure that every single person I included on the list was still capable of performing well.
JK17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 11:01 PM    (permalink
TheChampIsHere
Veteran

TheChampIsHere hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JK17 View Post
The only reason I included Bennett was because I felt I needed more names to throw in the list, and he had a decent preseason game, which was fresh in my memory, and he's shown talent in the past. I'm not up to date enough on each team though to ensure that every single person I included on the list was still capable of performing well.
IMO, if theres one position there is no shortage of names for as backups, its running back, because after all look at how many teams run 2 back systems. I dont think there is any more important position to have a good backup at than HB and also HB is one of the easier positions to find quality players at....Just looking around the league, look at the backups. IMO, Bennett is the bottom of the barrel. I dont mean to be criticizing you here either, just stating how I feel about it.

KC - Bennett, Holmes?
DEN - Mike Bell, Cecil Sapp
OAK - Dominic Rhodes, Fargas, Bush
SD - Michael Turner, Sproles
CIN - Irons, Perry
BAL - Mike Anderson
PIT - Davenport, Barlow, Haynes
CLE - Jerome Harrison
IND - Dorsey
JAX - Drew, Toefield, Jones
HOU - Dayne, Lundy, Gado
TEN - Lendale, Chris Henry
NE - Faulk, Morris
NYJ - Washington, Houston
BUF - A-Train
MIA - Chatman, Booker
PHI - Moats, Hunt, Buckhalter
DAL - Marion Barber
WAS - Betts, Blaylock, Cartwright
NYG - Droughns
TB - Pittman, Darby
ATL - Norwood
CAR - DeAngelo Williams, Shelton, Goings
NO - McCalister?, Pittman, Stecker
CHI - Peterson, Wolfe
DET - Tatum Bell, Duckett, Calhoun
GB - Herron, Morency, Wynn
MIN - Peterson, Moore, Pinner, Fason
SF - Hicks, Robinson
SEA - Morris
STL - Leonard
ARI - Shipp, Arrington

Now on this list there are a few teams who dont have anyone as good as Bennett, but almost every team has someone better and a good portion of teams have third or even 4th string backs that Ill take over Bennett.
TheChampIsHere is offline   Reply With Quote