Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

View Poll Results: Is this legit or just me being a homer?
Stupid Homer 18 69.23%
Well Done 8 30.77%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-14-2007, 05:17 AM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Props to Shiver for Jacksonville love.

People are going to be really, really surprised with our new offense this year.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 05:56 AM    (permalink
Veteran

255979119 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

The only teams I shall predict:

Oakland - 5-11

Detroit - 7-9

Kansas City - 3-13

Miami - 4-12
255979119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 06:16 AM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610 View Post
I took the insult option just because it was an insult, but that list looks solid. You might have the Jets a tad overrated, but that's not really a shock.
A little more than a tad.
nrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 07:08 AM    (permalink
duckseason
All-Pro

duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangini for pres View Post
sorry if there are any errors that i failed to notice...

AFC East
New England Patriots 12-4
New York Jets 10-6
Miami Dolphins 7-9
Buffalo Bills 5-11

AFC North
Cincinnati Bengals 10-6
Baltimore Ravens 10-6
Pittsburgh Steelers 9-7
Cleveland Browns 5-11

AFC South

Indianapolis Colts 12-4
Jacksonville Jaguars 10-6
Tennessee Titans 8-8
Houston Texans 6-10

AFC West
San Diego Chargers 13-3
Denver Broncos 10-6
Kansas City Chiefs 5-11
Oakland Raiders 3-13

NFC East

Philadelphia Eagles 9-7
Dallas Cowboys 9-7
New York Giants 7-9
Washington Redskins 5-11

NFC North
Chicago Bears 11-5
Green Bay Packers 6-10
Detroit Lions 5-11
Minnesota Vikings 5-11

NFC South

New Orleans Saints 10-6
Carolina Panthers 8-8
Tampa Bay Buccaneers 5-11
Atlanta Falcons 4-12

NFC West

Seattle Seahawks 10-6
St. Louis Rams 10-6
San Francesco 7-9
Arizona Cardinals 6-10
You've gotta give out 4 more wins and take away 4 losses. I'd suggest giving them to the NFC since you've got them going 21-43 against the AFC at this point. I can't imagine them doing even worse than last year, but hey, anything's possible. I'm not sure I'd bank on more than one division getting just 27 wins. Maybe add a victory or two to either the NFC North or South and it would be a bit more realistic I think. I think the North deserves a bit more credit. Maybe give them 29 or 30 wins. I mean, those 4 wins gotta go somewhere. But yeah, that's the only real error I see.
Old 08-14-2007, 09:16 AM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

shiver's had alot of suprises but i liked it :)
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 10:45 AM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckseason View Post
You've gotta give out 4 more wins and take away 4 losses. I'd suggest giving them to the NFC since you've got them going 21-43 against the AFC at this point. I can't imagine them doing even worse than last year, but hey, anything's possible. I'm not sure I'd bank on more than one division getting just 27 wins. Maybe add a victory or two to either the NFC North or South and it would be a bit more realistic I think. I think the North deserves a bit more credit. Maybe give them 29 or 30 wins. I mean, those 4 wins gotta go somewhere. But yeah, that's the only real error I see.
wait if something doesn't add up it means i transfered it wrong from the schedule i made my picks on... cause i didnt just make up random records which i stated before... and i didnt really overate the jets that much

New England --- L
Baltimore --- L
Miami --- W
Buffalo --- W
N.Y. Giants --- W
Philadelphia --- L
Cincinnati --- L
Buffalo --- W
Washington --- W
Pittsburgh --- W
Dallas --- L
Miami --- W
Cleveland --- W
New England --- L
Tennessee --- W
Kansas City --- W
Old 08-14-2007, 10:51 AM    (permalink
Michigan
Who wants to sex Mutombo?
Pro Bowler

Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm having a lot of trouble seeing a team with a defense as bad as Cincy's finishing ahead of Baltimore or Pittsburgh. I think they're a .500 team.
Old 08-14-2007, 10:55 AM    (permalink
AlexDown
Pro Bowler

AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.

If the Jets get 10 wins this year I will be ecstatic.
Old 08-14-2007, 11:24 AM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigan View Post
I'm having a lot of trouble seeing a team with a defense as bad as Cincy's finishing ahead of Baltimore or Pittsburgh. I think they're a .500 team.
they have by far the best offense in the divison. The defense will do good enough
Old 08-14-2007, 11:34 AM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chicago Bears : 11-5
Green Bay Packers : 9-7
Detroit Lions : 6-10
Minnesota Vikings : 5-11

New Orleans Saints : 10-6
Carolina Panthers : 9-7
Atlanta Falcons : 5-11
Tampa Bay Buccaneers : 5-11

Philadelphia Eagles : 11-5
Dallas Cowboys : 10-6
Washington Redskins : 7-9
New York Giants : 6-10

San Francisco 49ers : 10-6
St. Louis Rams : 9-7
Seattle Seahawks : 8-8
Arizona Cardinals : 7-9

Baltimore Ravens : 11-5
Cincinnati Bengals : 9-7
Pittsburgh Steelers : 9-7
Cleveland Browns : 4-12

Indianapolis Colts : 10-6
Jacksonville Jaguars : 10-6
Tennessee Titans : 5-11
Houston Texans : 5-11

New England Patriots : 12-4
Buffalo Bills : 8-8
New York Jets : 8-8
Miami Dolphins : 7-9

San Diego Chargers : 11-5

Denver Broncos : 10-6
Kansas City Chiefs : 5-11
Oakland Raiders : 4-12
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 12:04 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriots-Lions View Post
Chicago Bears : 11-5
Green Bay Packers : 9-7
Detroit Lions : 6-10
Minnesota Vikings : 5-11

New Orleans Saints : 10-6
Carolina Panthers : 9-7
Atlanta Falcons : 5-11
Tampa Bay Buccaneers : 5-11

Philadelphia Eagles : 11-5
Dallas Cowboys : 10-6
Washington Redskins : 7-9
New York Giants : 6-10

San Francisco 49ers : 10-6
St. Louis Rams : 9-7
Seattle Seahawks : 8-8
Arizona Cardinals : 7-9

Baltimore Ravens : 11-5
Cincinnati Bengals : 9-7
Pittsburgh Steelers : 9-7
Cleveland Browns : 4-12

Indianapolis Colts : 10-6
Jacksonville Jaguars : 10-6
Tennessee Titans : 5-11
Houston Texans : 5-11

New England Patriots : 12-4
Buffalo Bills : 8-8
New York Jets : 8-8
Miami Dolphins : 7-9

San Diego Chargers : 11-5

Denver Broncos : 10-6
Kansas City Chiefs : 5-11
Oakland Raiders : 4-12
I think CLE will do better than HOU, but nice predictions
Old 08-14-2007, 12:20 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i don't see buffalo doing that well... their schedule isn't necessarily easy... in order for them to do that they need to beat the jets and dolphins twice
Old 08-14-2007, 12:39 PM    (permalink
skinzzfan25
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.

I like Patriots-Lions' list the best. But I don't see two teams coming out of the NFC East with 10+ wins. We beat up on eachother too much for multiple teams to have 10 wins.

Last edited by skinzzfan25 : 08-14-2007 at 12:42 PM.
skinzzfan25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 12:44 PM    (permalink
Modano
Veteran

Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

In recent years, there are always turn-around teams from season to season. Some teams turn good, other turn bad. To make a prediction of the standings, I think the most important thing is try to find this teams.

This are the standings of the past two years:

---

AFC EAST

New England Patriots : (10 - 6) - (12 - 4)
New York Jets : (4 - 12) - (10 - 6)
Buffalo Bills : (5 - 11) - (7 - 9)
Miami Dolphins : (9 - 7) - (6 - 10)

AFC WEST

San Diego Chargers : (9 - 7) - (14 - 2)
Kansas City Chiefs : (10 - 6) - (9 - 7)
Denver Broncos : (13 - 3) - (9 - 7)
Oakland Raiders : (4 - 12) - (2 - 14)

AFC NORTH

Baltimore Ravens : (6 - 10) - (13 - 3)
Pittsburgh Steelers : (11 - 5) - (8 - 8)
Cleveland Browns : (6 - 10) - (4 - 12)
Cincinnati Bengals : (11 - 5) - (8 - 8)

AFC SOUTH

Indianapolis Colts : (14 - 2) - (12 - 4)
Jacksonville Jaguars : (12 - 4) - (8 - 8)
Houston Texans : (4 - 12) - (6 - 10)
Tennessee Titans : (2 - 14) - (8 - 8)

NFC EAST

Dallas Cowboys : (9 - 7) - (9 - 7)
Philadelphia Eagles : (6 - 10) - (10 - 6)
Washington Redskins : (10 - 6) - (5 - 11)
New York Giants : (11 - 5) - (8 - 8)

NFC WEST

San Francisco 49ers : (4 - 12) - (7 - 9)
St. Louis Rams : (6 - 10) - (8 - 8)
Seattle Seahawks : (13 - 3) - (9 - 7)
Arizona Cardinals : (5 - 11) - (5 - 11)

NFC SOUTH

New Orleans Saints : (3 - 13) - (10 - 6)
Carolina Panthers : (11 - 5) - (8 - 8)
Atlanta Falcons : (8 - 8) - (7 - 9)
Tampa Bay Buccaneers : (11 - 5) - (4 - 12)

NFC NORTH

Chicago Bears : (11 - 5) - (13 - 3)
Green Bay Packers : (4 - 12) - (8 - 8)
Detroit Lions : (5 - 11) - (3 - 13)
Minnesota Vikings : (9 - 7) - (6 - 10)

---

8 teams had at least 3 more wins in 2006. 5 of them went from a losing record into a winning one, two of them went to an 8-8. The 49ers are the only team that, while improving by 3 wins their record, still had a losing record.

I expect these teams to be have a boost in their W column and/or have a winning record:

Buffalo Bills (10 - 6)
Denver Broncos (11 - 5)
Jacksonville Jaguars (12 - 4)
St Louis Rams (10 - 6)
Seattle Seahawks (12 - 4)
Carolina Panthers (12 - 4)
Cincinnati Benglas (11 - 5)

10 teams had at least 3 less wins in 2006. 3 of them went from a winning record into a losing one. 5 went from a winning record into 8-8.

I expect these teams to lose more games in 2007:

New York Jets (6 - 10)
Kansas City Chiefs (6 - 10)
New York Giants (5 - 11)
Atlanta Falcons (4 - 12)
Baltimore Ravens (10 - 6)
Pittsburgh Steelers (6 - 10)
Tennesse Titans (5 - 11)

I expect teams like the Redskins, Cardinals, Lions, Dolphins, Browns, Raiders and Vikings to stay in the mediocrity, in the 2-6 wins range.

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU
Modano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 01:10 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My predictions: I don't do record predictions because it's too tedious and takes away from the fun of predictions.

AFC East
New England Patriots (homefield advantage)
Buffalo Bills
New York Jets
Miami Dolphins

AFC North
Baltimore Ravens
Cincinnati Bengals
Pittsburgh Steelers
Cleveland Browns

AFC South
Indianapolis Colts (#2 seed)
Jacksonville Jaguars (WC)
Houston Texans
Tennessee Titans

AFC West
San Diego Chargers
Denver Broncos (WC)
Kansas City Chiefs
Oakland Raiders

NFC East
Dallas Cowboys (#2 seed)
Philadelphia Eagles (WC)
Washington Redskins
New York Giants

NFC North
Detroit Lions
Green Bay Packers
Chicago Bears
Minnesota Vikings

NFC South
Carolina Panthers
New Orleans Saints
Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Atlanta Falcons

NFC West
St. Louis Rams (homefield advantage)
Seattle Seahawks (WC)
San Francisco 49ers
Arizona Cardinals

Playoffs:

AFC:
Chargers over Jacksonville
Ravens over Denver

Chargers defeat Colts
Patriots defeat Ravens

NFC:

Eagles over Lions
Seahawks over Panthers

Eagles over Rams
Cowboys over Seahawks

Conference Finals:

Patriots over Chargers
Cowboys over Eagles due to home field advantage.

Super Bowl Champ: Patriots defeat Cowboys

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 01:13 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
Props to Shiver for Jacksonville love.

People are going to be really, really surprised with our new offense this year.
I have to say negative props to shiver for the Bronco hate. Only 13-3? WEEEAK ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 01:18 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsaza2358 View Post
NFC North
Detroit Lions
Green Bay Packers
Chicago Bears
Minnesota Vikings
by far my fave
Old 08-14-2007, 01:19 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hate that entire division. I think the Bears are in for a fall, and I don't like the Packers to fill that void. Detroit seems like a crappy playoff team, but it just made sense.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Old 08-14-2007, 01:22 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangini for pres View Post
wait if something doesn't add up it means i transfered it wrong from the schedule i made my picks on... cause i didnt just make up random records which i stated before... and i didnt really overate the jets that much

New England --- L
Baltimore --- L
Miami --- W
Buffalo --- W
N.Y. Giants --- W
Philadelphia --- L
Cincinnati --- L
Buffalo --- W
Washington --- W
Pittsburgh --- W
Dallas --- L
Miami --- W
Cleveland --- W
New England --- L
Tennessee --- W
Kansas City --- W
Come on now. The Bills and Jets splitting is as close to a sure thing as there is in football.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 01:27 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I hate that entire division. I think the Bears are in for a fall, and I don't like the Packers to fill that void. Detroit seems like a crappy playoff team, but it just made sense.
Aside from DET's WR core, GB beats them at just about every position.
DET's defense is still pretty far off and it seems that mean people are thinking they'll ride a WR core to the playoffs. Last time I checked you need a line to block for you so you can throw the ball. You need RB's to keep the defense honest. And you need a QB who wont make bad decisions (Though Favre does alot too)
Old 08-14-2007, 01:32 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

Of all of my predictions, I hate that division the most. Something about GB just bothers me. I think it's their lack of a defined running threat at this time and the shaky WR corps that bothers me. I like their defense quite a bit, but I don't trust Favre to carry any offense.

Old 08-14-2007, 01:46 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Of all of my predictions, I hate that division the most. Something about GB just bothers me. I think it's their lack of a defined running threat at this time and the shaky WR corps that bothers me. I like their defense quite a bit, but I don't trust Favre to carry any offense.
And you shouldn't. Unless he unexpectedly becomes the Brett Favre of last decade.
Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 01:50 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
And you shouldn't. Unless he unexpectedly becomes the Brett Favre of last decade.
Favre or Kitna?
Plus Favre hasnt been on a good team since 2004, this team is almost as good as that one.
Old 08-14-2007, 01:52 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

I would say that the defense is as good as 2004 and the OLine is maybe in the neighborhood, but the offensive skill players cannot possibly be anywhere near the quality that Favre needs to help this team win.

Old 08-14-2007, 01:54 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I would say that the defense is as good as 2004 and the OLine is maybe in the neighborhood, but the offensive skill players cannot possibly be anywhere near the quality that Favre needs to help this team win.
I can see what ya mean about the skill players.
Morency/Jackson/Herron < Green/Davenport/Fisher
Driver is still a 1200yd WR and Jennings is getting there, but bubba is no where near the Bubba of '04