Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

View Poll Results: Is this legit or just me being a homer?
Stupid Homer 18 69.23%
Well Done 8 30.77%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-14-2007, 01:04 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcgee View Post
Come on now. The Bills and Jets splitting is as close to a sure thing as there is in football.
i know it always happens every year but i honestly think that buffalo is just not strong enough to beat the jets next year... but hey ya never know
Old 08-14-2007, 01:07 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neko4 View Post
Favre or Kitna?
Plus Favre hasnt been on a good team since 2004, this team is almost as good as that one.
The only thing the Packers have going for them is that none of the other teams have a good QB either. Rex Grossman, Tavaris Jackson and Jon Kitna are just as mistake prone as Favre.
Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 01:15 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
The only thing the Packers have going for them is that none of the other teams have a good QB either. Rex Grossman, Tavaris Jackson and Jon Kitna are just as mistake prone as Favre.
I feel this maybe the best way to break things down:
QB's:
GB/CHI(Only cuz they have the best backups)
DET
MIN

RB's:
MIN
CHI
DET
GB

WR/TE's:
DET
GB
CHI
MIN

OL:
CHI
GB
MIN
DET

DL:
CHI
GB/MIN
DET

LB:
CHI/GB
MIN
DET

DB:
CHI
MIN
GB
DET

Only is a terrible understatment
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 01:26 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neko4 View Post
Favre or Kitna?
Plus Favre hasnt been on a good team since 2004, this team is almost as good as that one.
At this point in their careers, they are esentially the same player. Last year, Kitna completed a much better percentage of his passes and they had a nearly identical TD:INT ratio. With the addition of Calvin Johnson, it would not surprise me at all to see Kitna outperform Favre this year. However, I still think the Packers finish ahead of the Lions.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 01:29 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For the record, I'm not saying that what I have predicted will come true. I looked at things logically and made assessments. Don't hold me to these things, and if I'm wrong, I'm wrong.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 01:29 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriots-Lions View Post
At this point in their careers, they are esentially the same player. Last year, Kitna completed a much better percentage of his passes and they had a nearly identical TD:INT ratio. With the addition of Calvin Johnson, it would not surprise me at all to see Kitna outperform Favre this year. However, I still think the Packers finish ahead of the Lions.
I dont feel he has the line, but definitly a better WR core
Old 08-14-2007, 01:32 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

why is there so much hype for the Rams? when did they upgraded there defense?
Old 08-14-2007, 01:33 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by PACKmanN View Post
why is there so much hype for the Rams? when did they upgraded there defense?
theyve got Jackson and a great offense, and just like how the GB offense carried them to the playoffs in '04, the Rams offense might do the same
Old 08-14-2007, 02:04 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like the Rams to take a step forward. They have smart QB play in Bulger, solid offensive weapons, a decent OLine, and I think the addition of Carriker will really help their D. Linehan is a very good coach. I just have a hunch about them.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Old 08-14-2007, 04:01 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Of course there is love for the Rams, if u have them going any thing less than 8-8, u don't know football. They will be 8-8 or better. Here are my NFC West predictions. I will go division by division.

1. St. Louis (10-6)
Wins:Car, SF, @TB, Az, Cle, Sea, Atl, GB, Pit, and @ Az
Losses:@Dal, @Bal, @ Sea, @ NO, @ SF, @ Cin
Ha, I have us going undefeated at home........oh well.

2. San Francisco (7-9)
Wins:Az, Sea, STL, @ Az, Min, TB, @ Cle
Losses:@ STL, @ Pit, Bal, @ NYG, NO, @ ATL, @ Sea, @ Car, Cin

3. Seattle (6-10)
Wins:TB, STL, @ Cle, SF, Az, @ Atl
Losses:@ Az, Cin, @ SF, @ Pit, NO, Chi, @ STL, @ Phi, @ Car, Bal

4. Arizona (5-11)
Wins:Sea, Car, @ Wsh, @ TB, Det
Losses:@ SF, @ Bal, Pit, @ STL, @ Cin, SF, Cle, @ Sea, @ NO, Atl, STL

Yeah, thats right, I am a Rams fan. Call me a homer, I don't care. I don't believe in homerism, just devout optimism. And obviously, Bsaza has us getting home field, so its just not me. I believe the San Fran hype, they are gonna make the playoffs in 09. The Seahawks are fading. And I'm not sure what I have against the Cards. Maybe its their nickname, they are wannabe Cardinals, they need a name change.
Old 08-14-2007, 04:03 PM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yodachu View Post
Of course there is love for the Rams, if u have them going any thing less than 8-8, u don't know football. They will be 8-8 or better. Here are my NFC West predictions. I will go division by division.

1. St. Louis (10-6)
Wins:Car, SF, @TB, Az, Cle, Sea, Atl, GB, Pit, and @ Az
Losses:@Dal, @Bal, @ Sea, @ NO, @ SF, @ Cin
Ha, I have us going undefeated at home........oh well.

2. San Francisco (7-9)
Wins:Az, Sea, STL, @ Az, Min, TB, @ Cle
Losses:@ STL, @ Pit, Bal, @ NYG, NO, @ ATL, @ Sea, @ Car, Cin

3. Seattle (6-10)
Wins:TB, STL, @ Cle, SF, Az, @ Atl
Losses:@ Az, Cin, @ SF, @ Pit, NO, Chi, @ STL, @ Phi, @ Car, Bal

4. Arizona (5-11)
Wins:Sea, Car, @ Wsh, @ TB, Det
Losses:@ SF, @ Bal, Pit, @ STL, @ Cin, SF, Cle, @ Sea, @ NO, Atl, STL

Yeah, thats right, I am a Rams fan. Call me a homer, I don't care. I don't believe in homerism, just devout optimism. And obviously, Bsaza has us getting home field, so its just not me. I believe the San Fran hype, they are gonna make the playoffs in 09. The Seahawks are fading. And I'm not sure what I have against the Cards. Maybe its their nickname, they are wannabe Cardinals, they need a name change.
i agree with that 100% except that we sweep the Seahawks so we go 11-5 and they go 5-11

KCJ58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 04:27 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

I like the Rams a lot in that division. I see them winning all of the games they're supposed to and doing well with a 5-1/4-2 divisional record. Everything just looks right for them right now. I see the rest of the division beating up on one another. I think the NFC in general will be very tightly packed.

Old 08-14-2007, 04:41 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

NFC North Time from Yodachu

1. Chicago (13-3)
Wins:KC, Dal, @ Det, @ GB, Min, Det, @ Oak, @ Sea, Den, NYG, @ Wsh, @ Min, GB
Losses:@ SD, @ Phi, NO, just cuz its week 17 and they will have all but the super bowl clinched.

2. Green Bay (10-6)
Wins:Phi, @ NYG, @ Min, Wsh, @ Den, @ KC, Min, @ Det, Oak, Det
Losses:SD, Chi, Car, @ Dal, @ STL, @ Chi

3. Minnesota (5-11)
Wins:@ KC, OAK, @ NYG, Det, Wsh
Losses:Atl, @ Det, GB, @ Chi, @ Dal, Phi, SD, @ GB, @ SF, Chi, @ Den

4. Detroit (5-11)
Wins:@ Oak, Min, @ Wsh, TB, KC
Losses:@ Phi, Chi, @ Chi, Den, @ Az, NYG, GB, @ Min, Dal, @ SD, @ GB

I like the Bears a lot. Not only in this division, but in all of the NFC. I said before Green Bay could be 5-11, but they could be 12-4. I see them going 12-4. The Vikings and Lions have tough spots in their schedule. I have the Vikings losing 6 games in weeks 4-10, in which they have a bye. Then they get Oakland, but Jackson will be good, and I see the Vikes being good down the road. I have the Lions losing 8 in a row, where their easiest game is against the Vikes at the Metrodome, which is not easy at all.
Old 08-14-2007, 05:20 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by yodachu View Post
NFC North Time from Yodachu

1. Chicago (13-3)
Wins:KC, Dal, @ Det, @ GB, Min, Det, @ Oak, @ Sea, Den, NYG, @ Wsh, @ Min, GB
Losses:@ SD, @ Phi, NO, just cuz its week 17 and they will have all but the super bowl clinched.

2. Green Bay (10-6)
Wins:Phi, @ NYG, @ Min, Wsh, @ Den, @ KC, Min, @ Det, Oak, Det
Losses:SD, Chi, Car, @ Dal, @ STL, @ Chi

3. Minnesota (5-11)
Wins:@ KC, OAK, @ NYG, Det, Wsh
Losses:Atl, @ Det, GB, @ Chi, @ Dal, Phi, SD, @ GB, @ SF, Chi, @ Den

4. Detroit (5-11)
Wins:@ Oak, Min, @ Wsh, TB, KC
Losses:@ Phi, Chi, @ Chi, Den, @ Az, NYG, GB, @ Min, Dal, @ SD, @ GB

I like the Bears a lot. Not only in this division, but in all of the NFC. I said before Green Bay could be 5-11, but they could be 12-4. I see them going 12-4. The Vikings and Lions have tough spots in their schedule. I have the Vikings losing 6 games in weeks 4-10, in which they have a bye. Then they get Oakland, but Jackson will be good, and I see the Vikes being good down the road. I have the Lions losing 8 in a row, where their easiest game is against the Vikes at the Metrodome, which is not easy at all.
YAY!
I still believe GB will beat CHI once, and I think DET will do a game better
Old 08-14-2007, 05:28 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i'm currently working on another set of predictions my final ones... i'm taking in consideration some of the posts from people on this thread (neko).. they will be similar but a few teams will have different records (most likely the afc north)
Old 08-14-2007, 06:09 PM    (permalink
GermanSaint
Veteran

GermanSaint hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

i like you
Old 08-14-2007, 06:12 PM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

AFC North
1. Cincinnati Bengals
2. Baltimore Ravens
3. Pittsburgh Steelers
4. Cleveland Browns

AFC South:
1. Indianapolis Colts
2. Tennessee Titans
3. Houston Texans
4. Jacksonville Jaguars

Afc East:
1. New York Jets
2. New England Patriots
3. Miami Dolphins
4. Buffalo Bills

AFC West:
1. San Diego Chargers
2. Denver Broncos
3. Oakland Raiders
4. Kansas City Chiefs

Wild Card - Baltimore Ravens, New England Patriots

NFC North
1. Chicago Bears
2. Minnesota Vikings
3. Detroit Lions
4. Green Bay Packers

NFC South:
1. New Orleans Saints
2. Carolina Panthers
3. Atlanta Falcons
4. Tampa Bay Buccanneers

NFC East:
1. Philadelphia Eagles
2. Dallas Cowboys
3. Washington Redskins
4. New York Giants

NFC West:
1. Seattle Seahawks
2. St. Louis Rams
3. San Francisco 49ers
4. Arizona Cardinals

Wildcard - St. Louis Rams, Dallas Cowboys

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
EdReedUnstoppable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 06:41 PM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

NFC:

North
1. Chicago Bears 11-5
2. Minnesota Vikings 9-7
3. Green Bay Packers 5-11
4. Detroit Lions 4-12

South
1. Carolina Panthers 10-6
2. New Orleans Saints 7-9
3.Tampa bay Bucaneers 6-10
4. Atlanta Falcons 5-11

East
1. Philadelphia Eagles 11-5
2. Dallas Cowboys 9-7
3. Washington Redskins 7-9
4. New York Giants 6-10

West
1. Seattle Seahawks 12-4
2. St. Louis Rams 10-6
3. San Francisco 49er's 8-8
4. Arizona Cardinals 7-9

AFC

North
1. Baltimore Ravens 13-3
2. Pittsburgh Steelers 9-7
3. Cincinnati Bengals 8-8
4. Cleveland Browns 4-12

South
1. Indianapolis Colts 11-5
2. Jacksonville Jaguars 10-6
3. Tennessee Titans 4-12
4. Houston Texans 3-13

East
1. New England Patriots 13-3
2. New Yorks Jets 9-7
3. Buffalo Bills 7-9
4. Miami Dolphins 5-11

West
1. San Diego Chargers 12-4
2. Denver Broncos 12-4
3. Kansas City Chiefs 5-11
4. Oakland Raiders 4-12

Last edited by Crazy_Chris : 08-14-2007 at 06:44 PM.
Crazy_Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 06:42 PM    (permalink
BuckNaked
All-NFLDC

BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdReedUnstoppable View Post
AFC North
1. Cincinnati Bengals
2. Baltimore Ravens
3. Pittsburgh Steelers
4. Cleveland Browns

AFC South:
1. Indianapolis Colts
2. Tennessee Titans
3. Houston Texans
4. Jacksonville Jaguars

Afc East:
1. New York Jets
2. New England Patriots
3. Miami Dolphins
4. Buffalo Bills

AFC West:
1. San Diego Chargers
2. Denver Broncos
3. Oakland Raiders
4. Kansas City Chiefs

Wild Card - Baltimore Ravens, New England Patriots

NFC North
1. Chicago Bears
2. Minnesota Vikings
3. Detroit Lions
4. Green Bay Packers

NFC South:
1. New Orleans Saints
2. Carolina Panthers
3. Atlanta Falcons
4. Tampa Bay Buccanneers

NFC East:
1. Philadelphia Eagles
2. Dallas Cowboys
3. Washington Redskins
4. New York Giants

NFC West:
1. Seattle Seahawks
2. St. Louis Rams
3. San Francisco 49ers
4. Arizona Cardinals

Wildcard - St. Louis Rams, Dallas Cowboys
I'm starting to like you more and more with having the Vikings in second place.
BuckNaked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 06:59 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy_Chris View Post
NFC:

North
1. Chicago Bears 11-5
2. Minnesota Vikings 9-7
3. Green Bay Packers 5-11
4. Detroit Lions 4-12

South
1. Carolina Panthers 10-6
2. New Orleans Saints 7-9
3.Tampa bay Bucaneers 6-10
4. Atlanta Falcons 5-11

East
1. Philadelphia Eagles 11-5
2. Dallas Cowboys 9-7
3. Washington Redskins 7-9
4. New York Giants 6-10

West
1. Seattle Seahawks 12-4
2. St. Louis Rams 10-6
3. San Francisco 49er's 8-8
4. Arizona Cardinals 7-9

AFC

North
1. Baltimore Ravens 13-3
2. Pittsburgh Steelers 9-7
3. Cincinnati Bengals 8-8
4. Cleveland Browns 4-12

South
1. Indianapolis Colts 11-5
2. Jacksonville Jaguars 10-6
3. Tennessee Titans 4-12
4. Houston Texans 3-13

East
1. New England Patriots 13-3
2. New Yorks Jets 9-7
3. Buffalo Bills 7-9
4. Miami Dolphins 5-11

West
1. San Diego Chargers 12-4
2. Denver Broncos 12-4
3. Kansas City Chiefs 5-11
4. Oakland Raiders 4-12
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckNaked View Post
Its good that yall have dreams but it aint happening
But i cant blame yall for being optimistic. The vikes have done good for so long and now that they arent as good its hard to deal w/. Us pack fans had to deal with it too, but those times are over
Old 08-14-2007, 07:02 PM    (permalink
JoeMontainya
Veteran

JoeMontainya needs more cowbell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
AFC East
  • 1. New England (11-5)
  • 2. Buffalo (7-9)
  • 3. New York (5-11)
  • 4. Miami (5-11)

AFC North
  • 1. Cincinnati (12-4)
  • 2. Pittsburgh (10-6)
  • 3. Baltimore (9-7)
  • 4. Cleveland (3-13)

AFC South
  • 1. Jacksonville (12-4)
  • 2. Indianapolis (9-7)
  • 3. Houston (8-8)
  • 4 Tennessee (4-12)

AFC West
  • 1. Denver (13-3)
  • 2. San Diego (10-6)
  • 3. Oakland (5-11)
  • 4. Kansas City (4-12)

NFC East
  • 1. Dallas (12-4)
  • 2. Philadelphia (10-6)
  • 3. Washington (6-10)
  • 4. New York (4-12)

NFC North
  • 1. Chicago (10-6)
  • 2. Green Bay (9-7)
  • 3. Detroit (7-9)
  • 4. Minnesota (6-10)
NFC South
  • 1. Carolina (12-4)
  • 2. New Orleans (10-6)
  • 3. Atlanta (5-11)
  • 4. Tampa Bay (5-11)

NFC West
  • San Francisco (10-6)
  • Seattle (9-7)
  • St Louis (8-8)
  • Arizona (6-10)

"BOLD" = playoff berth

Explanations will come later, I have something planned in the not too distant future...
Wow the Browns with the worste record in the entire NFL? Did you watch there first preseason game where they completely dominated the entire game weather it was first string or 4rth? That should tell you just by watching them they are alot better than last year. If youve even paid attention to Jamal Lewis and his 15 yard run, hes as close to being the old Lewis as he will ever get and he will impress this year with our solid OL play. Saying the Browns will only win 3 games is a complete lack of knowledge to the subject.

2006 = No offensive line to speak of. No pass rush. 3 out of our 4 secondary players were hurt most of the season. Worste offensive coordinator (true) in the NFL. No running back. And we basically set the single season record for injured players again.

2007-08 = Very solid O-cordinator took over. We have a very good OL that did great against the cheifs even without Steinbach and Bentley. Pass rush was amazing for a Browns team. All the DB's are healthy. We added Jamal Lewis who is receiving praise from everyone starting with coaches and players, all the way to the media.

Looking at our schedule from 2006, there were a total of 8 games that were won or lost by the Browns within 8 pts. Some of which included the Colts, Chargers, and the Saints(3 of the top 5 teams in the NFL IMO). With the horrid team we had last year, we still competed with these such teams. There was only 2 games all year that we lost by more than 14 pts (Pittsburg and Cincy).

This team is definatly on the rise and if we had the team we have this year for 2006, I would like to think we would have went 9-7 easier than not.

2007-08 schedule:
Steelers = Loss
Bengals = Loss
Raiders = Win
Ravens = Loss
Patriots = Loss
Dolphins = Win
Rams = Loss
Seahawks = Win
Steelers = Win
Ravens = Loss
Texans = Win
Cardinals = Win
Jets = Loss
Bills = Win
Bengals = Loss
49ers = Win

This scenario could happen and it would put us at 8-8 for the year.

PS - to the original poster of this thread: your predictions are basically a mirror of last years results. Do you know how often the NFL actually pans out the way it did the year before? answer = its never close! Theres allways a team like the Saints, etc that completely change things, and you were as conservative as possible.

Ravens
Steelers
Browns
Bengals

Patriots
Jets
Dolphins
Bills

Jaguars
Colts
Texans
Titans

Chargers
Broncos
Chiefs
Raiders

Cowboys
Eagles
Redskins
Giants

Bears
Lions
Packers
Vikings

Rams
Cardinals
Seattle
49ers

Carolina
Saints
Falcons
Tampa Bay

Last edited by JoeMontainya : 08-14-2007 at 07:21 PM.
JoeMontainya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 07:02 PM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neko4
Its good that yall have dreams but it aint happening
But i cant blame yall for being optimistic. The vikes have done good for so long and now that they arent as good its hard to deal w/. Us pack fans had to deal with it too, but those times are over
Not really dreaming it will happen, just wait and see.
Crazy_Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 07:05 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeMontainya View Post
Wow the Browns with the worste record in the entire NFL? Did you watch there first preseason game where they completely dominated the entire game weather it was first string or 4rth?
preseason is a terrible indicatior IMO
Old 08-14-2007, 07:06 PM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckNaked View Post
I am a Tarvaris fan!

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
EdReedUnstoppable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 07:11 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdReedUnstoppable View Post
I am a Tarvaris fan!
A questionable 2nd year QB who got rattled last year behind a questionable OL throwing to questionable WR's, handing off to a decent rb and an injury prone one.