Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 08-17-2007, 02:02 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

One of the very few memorable games that go in the Bills' favor. God Bless Frank Reich.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 02:27 PM    (permalink
ChiFan24
2011 SWDC Mock Draft Champ
Pro Bowler

ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardsalltheway View Post
How exactly is a 15 year old compiling a "101 Greatest NFL QB's" list?
How exactly is someone whose posts are normally one or two lines in length knocking someone who is making posts with actual content?
ChiFan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 04:03 PM    (permalink
GoinDeepWithCJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearfan View Post
Craig Krenzel going to be on this list? If not, this is the worst complilation I have ever seen
Chad Hutchinson > Craig Krenzel :)

Im only joking.
Old 08-17-2007, 04:06 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

84-Mark Brunell (Green Bay 1993-1994; Jacksonville 1995-2003; Washington 2004-Present)

The three time Pro Bowler found sucess with an expansion team, and was able to lead them to the playoffs three times. While in Jacksonville he made a name for himself as a scrambling QB and in one season passed for over 4,000 yards on route to the AFC Championship game in '96. Both he and the Jaguars werent so fortunate during the beginning of the 21st century, and in 2004 he became a Washington Redskin. Struggling at first, and being benched in favor of Patrick Ramsey in '04, he would have a renaissance in 2005. In that year he had 23 touchdown passes and would lead the Skins to the Divisional playoff match. In '06 things went sour again and Brunell was benched in favor of Jason Campbell.

83-Jeff Hostetler (New York Giants 1985-1992; Oakland 1993-1996; Washington 1997-1998)

Hostetler is kinda like a richman's Frank Reich. Like Reich he tookover for an injured QB and led them through the playoffs, but unlike Reich Hostetler became a sucessful starter. After leading the '90 Giants to a Super Bowl victory, he would beat out Phil Simms for the starting job in '91. But his fist year as a starter was fairly unsucessful as the G-Men went 14-18 with him as the starter in '91 and '92. He would find sucess in Oakland as he was able to make the Pro Bowl in '94.

82-Jim Harbaugh (Chicago 1987-1993; Indianapolis 1994-1997; Baltimore 1998; San Diego 1999-2000; Carolina 2001)

Was a first round pick by Chicago and found reasonable sucess in '91 when he passed for 3,000 yards, but most of his sucess was in Indianapolis where he would become a Pro Bowler. In '95 he had a 100.7 passer rating and would make the Pro Bowl, along with being the Comeback Player of the Year, a top candidate for MVP and leading the Colts to the AFC Championship game. The '95 AFC Championship game ended in dramatic fashion as Harbaugh's Hail Mary was incomplete. He would also go on to have good sucess in San Diego and would retire in Carolina.

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 04:16 PM    (permalink
Veteran

255979119 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

So, I assume you have Jim Sorgi in the top 2?
255979119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 04:17 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 255979119 View Post
So, I assume you have Jim Sorgi in the top 2?
Why wouldnt I?
Only behind Favre

Old 08-17-2007, 04:18 PM    (permalink
Veteran

255979119 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neko4 View Post
Why wouldnt I?
Only behind Favre
I think he could give Favre a run for his money, any day.
255979119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 05:42 PM    (permalink
Pack_Attack_4
Rookie

Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 255979119 View Post
I think he could give Favre a run for his money, any day.
well ur an idiot then
Pack_Attack_4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 06:08 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
Could Anderson break the top 10? I've seen him on other top 10's. Honestly I don't have an opinion on him considering I've never seen him play a game, all I know is the older Bengal fans really like him.
And he's our QB Coach.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/center]
Mr. Stiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 06:14 PM    (permalink
Ewing
Pro Bowler

Ewing is a cocksman.Ewing is a cocksman.Ewing is a cocksman.Ewing is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pack_Attack_4 View Post
well ur an idiot then
What are you talking about? Jim Sorgi can throw the ball 90 yards downfield from his stomach. He's incredible.
Ewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 06:39 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

81-Chris Chandler (Indianapolis 1988-1989; Tampa Bay 1990-1991; Phoenix 1991-1993; LA/STL Rams 1994, 2004; Houston Oilers 1995-1996; Atlanta 1997-2001; Chicago 2002-2003; )

It took him an awfully long time to find the team that fit him best, but when he did find the team, payed off big time. With the Falcons in '97 he reached the Pro Bowl with a 95.1 QB rating, but the best was yet to come. Under Coach Dan Reeves and handing the ball of to Jamal Anderson, Chandler would reach the Pro Bowl again in '98 with a 100.9 rating but more importantly took the Falcons to their first Super Bowl. Unfortunetly the Falcons lost, but Chandler was able to get his name into the history books.

Old 08-17-2007, 06:50 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd say number one should be a tossup between Sorgi and Cutler. I mean, they're both so good, it's tough to pick just one of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 06:52 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by CutlerChris View Post
I'd say number one should be a tossup between Sorgi and Cutler. I mean, they're both so good, it's tough to pick just one of them.
well yeah, but Sexy Rexy Grossman aint bad neither

Old 08-17-2007, 06:56 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Right now you have to put Sorgi a scosh above Cutler since Jim single handily took the Colts to the Super Bowl and got them the victory.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!
BigDawg819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 07:17 PM    (permalink
Ewing
Pro Bowler

Ewing is a cocksman.Ewing is a cocksman.Ewing is a cocksman.Ewing is a cocksman.

Quote:
I think we all know that Ryan Leaf is going to be number one.
Ewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 07:19 PM    (permalink
Philliez01
All-Pro

Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Sorgi has the Super Bowl ring, though. His contributions in the AFCCG have to be admired.

I think Brunell could be a little higher personally. But good job so far, though you aren't the only 3-year old who knew of Johnny U!

Give JKPIGSKIN credit for this masterpiece
Philliez01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 07:20 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ewing View Post
I think we all know that Ryan Leaf is going to be number one.
I think we can all agree on that and the fact that Akili Smith has top be top 3.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Quote:
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

Old 08-17-2007, 07:22 PM    (permalink
Philliez01
All-Pro

Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDawg819 View Post
I think we can all agree on that and the fact that Akili Smith has top be top 3.
No way. Top-5 MAYBE. We are looking at:

1-Jim Sorgi
2-J-Cut
3-Bobby Hoying
4-Johnathon Quinn
5-A tossup between Hutch, Akili and Krenzel.

Old 08-17-2007, 07:34 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philliez01 View Post
No way. Top-5 MAYBE. We are looking at:

1-Jim Sorgi
2-J-Cut
3-Bobby Hoying
4-Johnathon Quinn
5-A tossup between Hutch, Akili and Krenzel.
Akili Smith was a top 3 pick, therefore a top 3 talent. Case closed.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Quote:
Quote:

Old 08-17-2007, 07:38 PM    (permalink
Philliez01
All-Pro

Quote:
Akili Smith was a top 3 pick, therefore a top 3 talent. Case closed.
Peyton Manning went #1; your point is? It's hard to believe you'd put him in with Sorgi and Cutler. Hoying too.

Old 08-17-2007, 07:46 PM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If I don't see Todd Marinovich in the top 5, I will be very upset.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakey View Post
WWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFF!!!

i am literally gonna kick a baby to death!
ironman4579 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 07:59 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Right now you have to put Sorgi a scosh above Cutler since Jim single handily took the Colts to the Super Bowl and got them the victory.
That's true, and Cutler was just a rookie. We'll see in 10 years, after Cutler leads them to 10 SBs in a row and Elway comes back from retirement to defend his crown as best Bronco ever, and we run a duel QB system where they each throw 100 touchdowns... per quarter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 08:03 PM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Don Majkowski better be up there, probably number 3 behind Favre and Sorgi. After all, Favre was only able to take his job because of injury, so he must be just as good, right?

Plus, his nickname was the Majik Man; I think we should just start calling Favre El Diablo.

Last edited by someone447 : 08-17-2007 at 08:06 PM.
someone447 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 08:05 PM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
That's true, and Cutler was just a rookie. We'll see in 10 years, after Cutler leads them to 10 SBs in a row and Elway comes back from retirement to defend his crown as best Bronco ever, and we run a duel QB system where they each throw 100 touchdowns... per quarter.
Would they both be under center, and then one rolls out one way, and the other the other way to confuse the defense? Or they both roll out to the same side even! "Oh my god, who do we tackle!?"

Quote:

Old 08-17-2007, 08:06 PM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

I might have to change my sig quote to "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for Jay Cutler to do nothing."

Quote: