Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 05-09-2008, 02:09 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

59-Bill Nelsen
(Pittsburgh 63-67, Cleveland 68-72)
Who's Bill Nelsen you ask? Not very well known, I suppose, but to me he's one of those guys who could have been great. Injuries plauged his career though. In Pittsburgh, things were often dismal for him. His first year as the starter the team went 2-12. In 66, Nelson suffered a knee injury that kept him out part of the year, but in 111 attempts he threw just one pick, and had a 107.8 QB rating. In 69 with cleveland, he led them to the playoffs and went to the pro bowl. Also during that year, Nelsen would throw 5 TD passes against a once undefeated Cowboys team. Nelsen would get off to a great start in '71, but another injury knocked him out again. He would retire after the next season. During his career he underwent 5 knee operations. I know I probably shouldnt have put him this high, since i based it more on the potential his career had, rather than what he actually did, but Im mostly doing this for fun anyway!

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 02:04 AM    (permalink
Dam8610
Team Leader
All-Pro

Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Get to the good part...

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

Quote:
<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
<Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge
Dam8610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 08:24 AM    (permalink
GrandChamp13

Where's Ben Roethlisberger?
undefeated rookie regular season...
Superbowl 2nd Year
Injury Plagued 3rd year
ProBowl 4th Year

Is he on ur list?
Old 05-10-2008, 11:22 AM    (permalink
21ST
Pro Bowler

21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I know u gotta have sammy baugh top 5
Old 05-10-2008, 02:36 PM    (permalink
Dam8610
Team Leader
All-Pro

Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 21ST View Post
I know u gotta have sammy baugh top 5
That'd be rough. Who of the following are you (unbiasedly) taking out to put Baugh in?

Unitas
Favre
Marino
Elway
Montana

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

Quote:
<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
<Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge
Dam8610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 03:17 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandChamp13 View Post
Where's Ben Roethlisberger?
undefeated rookie regular season...
Superbowl 2nd Year
Injury Plagued 3rd year
ProBowl 4th Year

Is he on ur list?
I started it before last year, i wouldve had him in had i done it this year

Old 05-10-2008, 03:18 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610 View Post
Get to the good part...
the next few names are more recognized

Old 05-10-2008, 05:31 PM    (permalink
21ST
Pro Bowler

21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610 View Post
That'd be rough. Who of the following are you (unbiasedly) taking out to put Baugh in?

Unitas
Favre
Marino
Elway
Montana
Brett Favre