Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Fantasy

Fantasy Fantasy Sports and Forum Mocks

Old 11-03-2010, 02:23 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I want to trade for a QB. Even if he's a back up quality QB.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 08:25 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
That trade makes less than zero sense.
Pftt...I'm in it for a good pick now. Britt's potential outweighs that of what I gave away. Moreno is terrible, Holmes isnt having any impact at all this year, and Royal is of no use to me, going forward. He's back in the slot, and still not playing all that well, not to mention, he's always hurt.

I could have added players to the deal...but in the end, it's still pointless. Because I can only keep three players. And Britt was the guy I wanted. For a team like mine...out of the playoffs, two keepers set, the incoming value of a trade like this doesnt mean jack. I didnt need equal value, because I'm not contending...I just wanted to grab a potential beast WR, anyway possible. I know my season's over...and I'd prefer to keep Britt over those I traded.

And looking at it...I dont know who would realistically give me a great keeper for a half year rental of those I traded away. Moreno isnt keeper worthy...and Holmes/Royal are fringe guys, if you dont have anything better.

As far as Britt's value...I was offering the same three players for a bunch of WRs. And several were declined already. Just throwing it out there and I was content with any takers.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 03:18 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh, in that case, I'll trade Donald Driver, Ronnie Brown, and Steve Smith for a top 5 RB or WR.
Old 11-03-2010, 04:37 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Oh, in that case, I'll trade Donald Driver, Ronnie Brown, and Steve Smith for a top 5 RB or WR.
If you can do it, do it. But I doubt you can or will. Don't fault a guy for making a trade with someone else, when you had the ammo to do it, but didn't work for it.

The trade makes perfect sense for MOTH. His season is done and he was looking for a keeper. He made a proactive approach to improve his team for the future.

You keep saying who wants Driver, Brown and Smith... yet no trade ever comes from it. Either you're not hunting down trades hard enough (which you should only blame yourself for) or you're not liking the value others offered for those guys. I'm guessing it's the latter. You think they are better than they are because of their big name value... but Driver is old as mold, Brown can't stay healthy and he's in an even time share, and Smith is in an offense stuck in neutral with no good QB...and he's missed time with injury. If you think all 3 of them is worth a Top 5 RB or WR, then you're solely mistaken. You probably couldn't get Britt for that.
Old 11-03-2010, 04:38 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I made you an offer D, involving a QB!
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 05:48 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hey D I remember when you were trying to trade me Randy Moss for Calvin Johnson and when I asked who else you were going to include to get Calvin you acted like I was the one who needed to add someone else in and said I was over valueing my players. Good times :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 05:55 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Hey D I remember when you were trying to trade me Randy Moss for Calvin Johnson and when I asked who else you were going to include to get Calvin you acted like I was the one who needed to add someone else in and said I was over valueing my players. Good times :)
Maybe I acted that way in negotiations, simply because if you looked at any mock draft by the experts or the public, Moss was more highly ranked/valued than CJ. But that's not how our discussions ended. I would've done CJ for Moss straight up and you still said no... so....

Nobody can fault me for being an active shopper though. That's what I do! Fun times! :D
Old 11-03-2010, 05:57 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Maybe I acted that way in negotiations, simply because if you looked at any mock draft by the experts or the public, Moss was more highly ranked/valued than CJ. But that's not how our discussions ended. I would've done CJ for Moss straight up and you still said no... so....

Nobody can fault me for being an active shopper though. That's what I do! Fun times! :D
D! Respond to my trade offer!
Quote:
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
Old 11-03-2010, 05:57 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
I made you an offer D, involving a QB!
Umm... I'm not willing to give up Percy Harvin for Troy Smith just yet...
Old 11-03-2010, 05:59 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Umm... I'm not willing to give up Percy Harvin for Troy Smith just yet...
Well I offered you Crabtree too!

Keep in mind this is before I remembered that return yards count in this league and Harvin rapes in that regard. Whoops.

Anyways, Benson/Crabtree/Carson Palmer or Troy/Alex Smith on the block for an upgrade at QB or a potential keeper.
Quote:
Old 11-03-2010, 06:02 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Matt Cassel is available for those who need a starting QB.
just saying, if anyone does, I've got one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 06:08 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
I have about 5 offers out there. haha. I've been looking through all of your teams, mostly those still in contention.

LL, I have no idea how you're not a 1st placed team...you're so stacked at WR. I was going to make you an offer, but I have no idea who you're keeping and only really have WRs to offer anyway.
Had some bad luck, one really good week vs Borat where he went over 200, one really good week vs WMD where he went over 160 and I had 155, then forgot to start Hillis one week and had no Rb when I got home late Sunday. Been a rough season in regards to stuff like that but it happens, I still just want to make the playoffs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Longhorns is keeping Matt Schaub, Arian Foster, and Miles Austin.

Lol who told you this? I am not keeping these players. Right now it's Calvin as my #1 keeper option, Schaub is not gonna get kept, Foster might, but I still don't know and not sure about anyone except CJ.

Quote:
Old 11-03-2010, 06:10 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Quote:

Only reason I said I wouldn't do it straight up was because of the keeper aspect of this league, I hadn't kept Calvin once yet so I still had 2 years to keep him, which trumped that of Moss by a ton. If it was a straight redraft I would have given it more thought. But hey we are alot alike in negotiations which is why it's hard for us to make deals sometimes.

Quote:
Old 11-03-2010, 07:37 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
Matt Cassel is available for those who need a starting QB.
just saying, if anyone does, I've got one.
Yeah, and when I asked, he said he wants Michael Turner in return.
Old 11-03-2010, 10:23 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Who wants Orton?
Old 11-03-2010, 10:30 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

D, I said I need a RB and the only players on your team at RB I would be slightly interested in were Turner and Jones. every other RB on your team is straight garbage. Don't go around twisting around words.
Quote:
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
Old 11-05-2010, 05:27 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

PM if you are willing to trade a TE.
Old 11-05-2010, 05:33 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Lol who told you this? I am not keeping these players. Right now it's Calvin as my #1 keeper option, Schaub is not gonna get kept, Foster might, but I still don't know and not sure about anyone except CJ.
I told myself that.
Old 11-05-2010, 06:50 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
D, I said I need a RB and the only players on your team at RB I would be slightly interested in were Turner and Jones. every other RB on your team is straight garbage. Don't go around twisting around words.
Have you found someone who will give up a decent RB for Cassell yet? LOL. Dream on.

If you want a decent WR, I got those.
Old 11-05-2010, 06:54 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Who wants Orton?
No one. Just keep storing him on your bench where he'll keep outproducing Brees. We all love when you leave so much points on the bench.

Seriously though, everyone is pretty much getting past their BYE weeks, so the need for a QB is getting less and less. You should've traded Orton a long time ago. His value is not going up.
Old 11-05-2010, 07:01 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

I have the fantastic 49ers QB combo to trade! Troy/Alex Smith!

You know you want some.
Quote:
Old 11-05-2010, 07:22 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
I have the fantastic 49ers QB combo to trade! Troy/Alex Smith!

You know you want some.
I picked up Tavaris Jackson off the wire for free. He has the same value as Troy Smith.
Old 11-05-2010, 07:28 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I picked up Tavaris Jackson off the wire for free. He has the same value as Troy Smith.
Sure, if you subtract the HEISMAN VALUE!!!!

TROY SMITH TO TED GINN!!!!
Quote:
Old 11-05-2010, 07:59 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

Quote:
Have you found someone who will give up a decent RB for Cassell yet? LOL. Dream on.

If you want a decent WR, I got those.
are you upset I wouldn't give you a starting QB for the garbage on your bench? Sorry if I don't want to give you who would be your best QB for Chris Ivory. I was simply saying if anyone needs a starting QB for a decent RB, we could talk.
Your starting RB's are pretty good and not really worth Cassel, but I never offered. I said "the only RB's on your team who interest me are Turner and Jones". Where does that say I'll deal Cassel for one of them? But hey, keep twisting words around all you want, Brett Favre and Chris Ivory will carry you to a title, I'm sure of it.
Quote:
Old 11-05-2010, 08:04 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

Quote:
are you upset I wouldn't give you a starting QB for the garbage on your bench? Sorry if I don't want to give you who would be your best QB for Chris Ivory. I was simply saying if anyone needs a starting QB for a decent RB, we could talk.
Your starting RB's are pretty good and not really worth Cassel, but I never offered. I said "the only RB's on your team who interest me are Turner and Jones". Where does that say I'll deal Cassel for one of them? But hey, keep twisting words around all you want, Brett Favre and Chris Ivory will carry you to a title, I'm sure of it.
Scotty Ill give you Willis for Matt Cassel. Hes Raymell Baby's backup, which is pretty close to Raymell.
Quote: