Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Fantasy

Fantasy Fantasy Sports and Forum Mocks

Old 07-16-2008, 06:40 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If I'm on the clock somebody can just pm me, I have the 5th pick and I already know who I'm taking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 07:39 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

is there a lists of all availible players? Like on the league website on espn perhaps?
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 10:59 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
is there a lists of all availible players? Like on the league website on espn perhaps?
That would too convenient.

Gotta make a list like I did . . .
Old 07-16-2008, 11:44 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hey, is there an updated draft order?

I know this one was posted:
Quote:
1. Team CCB :: 0-12 :: 600 pts
2. Team Schubert :: 3-9 :: 899 pts
3. Team NIP :: 4-8 :: 865.5 pts
4. Team ERU :: 4-8 :: 962.5 pts
5. Team Fenikz :: 5-7 :: 949.5 pts
6. Team WCBGU :: 5-7 :: 981 pts
7. Team T24L :: 5-7 :: 1051 pts
8. Team Brodeur :: 5-7 :: 1063.5 pts
9. Team Scottyboy :: 5-7 :: 1103.5 pts
10. Team WMD :: 5-7 :: 1161.5 pts
11. Team PF28 :: 6-6 :: 942 pts
12. Team KCJ58 :: 6-6 :: 1058.5 pts
13. Team scar988 :: 7-5 :: 1122 pts
14. Team Comahan :: 7-5 :: 1225.5 pts
15. Team BrownsTown :: 8-4 :: 1058 pts
16. Team M.O.T.H. :: 8-4 :: 1321.5 pts
17. Team Nerv :: 9-3 :: 1212.5 pts
18. Team BigDawg :: 9-3 :: 1281.5 pts
19. Team D-Unit :: 9-3 :: 1334.5 pts
20. Team Xiomera :: 10-2 :: 1398 pts
. . . but that one doesn't show which new members assumed the ownership of which old team.
Old 07-16-2008, 11:46 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lions WMD View Post
I'll give you an AUTHENTIC Detroit Pistons Trent Plaisted jersey for the #1 pick.
Trent Plaisted has a jersey?

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 02:31 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have added 1 point per reception to help even out the disparity between QBs and WRs/RBs.

Also flirted with adding .5/1pt for 40 & 50 yard TD runs and receptions, but ended up deciding against it. So you might see several setting changes on the league page, but the only thing I did was add the PPR stat.

I have received a few PMs about adding another offensive position roster spot. What are your guys thoughts on that? My feeling is that if I do that, then I'll also want to add a bench spot and increase the number of RBs/WRs that you can store on your roster by 1.

Comments?
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 02:34 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
I have added 1 point per reception to help even out the disparity between QBs and WRs/RBs.

Also flirted with adding .5/1pt for 40 & 50 yard TD runs and receptions, but ended up deciding against it. So you might see several setting changes on the league page, but the only thing I did was add the PPR stat.

I have received a few PMs about adding another offensive position roster spot. What are your guys thoughts on that? My feeling is that if I do that, then I'll also want to add a bench spot and increase the number of RBs/WRs that you can store on your roster by 1.

Comments?
Do what you do D, I mean no matter what this is going to be my favorite league again this year.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!
BigDawg819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 02:42 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDawg819 View Post
Do what you do D, I mean no matter what this is going to be my favorite league again this year.
Suck up! gdsgdsg
Old 07-16-2008, 02:43 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lions WMD View Post
Suck up! gdsgdsg

Thats defending 3rd place trophy winning suck up to you sir!

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!
BigDawg819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 02:47 PM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

so D can I be in the league still or no?

KCJ58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 02:52 PM    (permalink
adschofield
Pro Bowler

adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

When's the draft?

sig by BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckNaked View Post
Ok I'd almost rather spank my meat with sandpaper at this point.
adschofield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 03:02 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCJ58 View Post
Damn, Dodger fans are FN clueless.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 03:29 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCJ58 View Post
Check your email for the invite.
Old 07-16-2008, 03:30 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by adschofield View Post
When's the draft?
Frick, I think Hchu is holding up the draft on us. Damn newbie. He has the first pick too. We could get through 19 picks if he'd just make the first pick.

But I still don't know if I wanna add that extra spot. That's why I'm putting out feelers.
Old 07-16-2008, 03:31 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDawg819 View Post
I'm happy you loved it! :)
Old 07-16-2008, 07:25 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

D, add the extra roster spot. In any given week, the maximum number of RB's that can be used is 40. Given that there are 32 NFL teams, that renders nearly every teams backup RB's totally useless.

I would not expand the bench size by one, however. It'd be fine if you did, but that would leave practically nothing on the free agent list.
Old 07-16-2008, 07:37 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
D, add the extra roster spot. In any given week, the maximum number of RB's that can be used is 40. Given that there are 32 NFL teams, that renders nearly every teams backup RB's totally useless.

I would not expand the bench size by one, however. It'd be fine if you did, but that would leave practically nothing on the free agent list.
I don't get it. Say what?
Old 07-16-2008, 07:42 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
I don't get it. Say what?
There are 20 teams in your War League. Each team has the option of starting as many as 2 RB's, and as few as 1. So for the week, a maximum of 40 RB's for the entire NFL are accumulating stats for our teams.

There's 32 teams in the NFL. Surely there are more than 40 RB's that are useful fantasy players on a week to week basis. I'd say two-thirds of the teams in the NFL employ a two-back, time shared rotation.

It just seems like RB is a deep position. It's dumb to have so many RB's rotting away on the bench every week.

Like in my situation, I have almost no need whatsoever to even draft a Running Back since it's difficult to see any of the FA running backs being more start worthy than Steven Jackson or AD.
Old 07-16-2008, 07:50 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
There are 20 teams in your War League. Each team has the option of starting as many as 2 RB's, and as few as 1. So for the week, a maximum of 40 RB's for the entire NFL are accumulating stats for our teams.

There's 32 teams in the NFL. Surely there are more than 40 RB's that are useful fantasy players on a week to week basis. I'd say two-thirds of the teams in the NFL employ a two-back, time shared rotation.

It just seems like RB is a deep position. It's dumb to have so many RB's rotting away on the bench every week.

Like in my situation, I have almost no need whatsoever to even draft a Running Back since it's difficult to see any of the FA running backs being more start worthy than Steven Jackson or AD.
That sounds like a change that would make the league better. I think I'll do it after a little more input from others.
Old 07-16-2008, 10:02 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree with Xio.
Old 07-16-2008, 10:38 PM    (permalink
RoyHall#1
Pro Bowler

RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djp4516 View Post
I agree with Xio.
Yep, sounds good.
RoyHall#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 10:54 PM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat Sagdiyev View Post
Damn, Dodger fans are FN clueless.
I hate your avatar so much

KCJ58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 12:34 AM    (permalink
HChu
All-Pro

HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hey, sorry for the delay. Should I make a pick now?

BoneKrusher
HChu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 12:38 AM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HChu View Post
Hey, sorry for the delay. Should I make a pick now?
Yeah, you can, if you're ready.
Old 07-17-2008, 12:45 AM    (permalink
HChu
All-Pro

HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, I'll take a risk, but with the first pick Team HChu selects Derek Anderson, QB.

BoneKrusher
HChu is offline   Reply With Quote