Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 08-15-2007, 03:12 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Buying:
The Pats being the Best team in the NFL

Willis McGahee having a huge season for the Ravens

The Panthers being the best team in the NFC

The Cardinals finishing at least .500

Selling:
The Cowboys. I see no reason why they should be considered a contender

Frank Gore, he will be only average this year(still 1000 yards)

Carson Palmer having a 75% completion rate(I'll go 69%)

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 03:16 PM    (permalink
Windy
All-Pro

Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.

Buying:

Broncos win the AFC West

Selling:

Randy Moss jersey that is in my closet
Windy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 03:28 PM    (permalink
Average OT LB
Veteran

Average OT LB is a cocksman.Average OT LB is a cocksman.Average OT LB is a cocksman.

Buying:
Jay Cutler
Eli Manning
Reggie Bush
Calvin Johnson
Selling:
Tom Brady getting 30tds
Larry Johnson
The NFC North
Shawne Merriman

sig by bosanac01
Average OT LB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 03:32 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriots-Lions View Post
Other than Peter King (who hypes us up every year) who is hyping us up? Certainly not any Lions fans on here.
Skip Bayless

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 03:53 PM    (permalink
KILLERSANTA
Pro Bowler

KILLERSANTA hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Selling:
Pats
Jay Cutler(He's a god on this website)
Eli Manning
Old 08-15-2007, 04:01 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Buying:

McNabb staying healthy
Calvin Johnson
Reggie Bush making a quantum leap
Pats

Selling:

Tony Romo
The Niners
Sean Considine being better
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 04:12 PM    (permalink
joercky
Rookie

joercky needs more cowbell.

Buying: Steel Curtain D
Bruce Arians offense
Marion Barber
Laugh if you want but the Dirty Birds should be .500
NFC South
Wes Welker
Cleo Lemon has a rocket arm
Selling: Julius Jones
Donte Stallworth too injury prone
Washington Foreskins
49ers look at the Dan Snyder from years past signs every free agent but still sucks year in and year out
Titans receivers
Trent Green as QB of the 'Fins
joercky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 04:15 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bored of education View Post
Selling
1. Patriots wide receiver and line backing 'cores'.
2. Calvin Johnson - one year from now I may.
3. Brady Quinn - Joe Average type career no matter what team he is on, won't bust and won't be great.
Johnson is a must buy. He'll be the best WR in the league 5 years from now. Pats' WR corps is gonna be great, not just b/c of Moss, but b/c of Moss+Stallworth+Dwight+Caldwell. Thomas/Vrabel/Bruschi/Colvin is probably the 1st or 2nd best LB corps in the NFL. Quinn is gonna be a many time pro bowler and will turn the Browns around. I'm buying what you're selling :)
Old 08-15-2007, 04:17 PM    (permalink
Dam8610
Team Leader
All-Pro

Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KILLERSANTA View Post
Jay Cutler(He's a god on this website)
You need to take out that "on this website" part. ;)

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

Quote:
<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
<Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge
Dam8610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 04:33 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joercky View Post
Buying: Steel Curtain D
Bruce Arians offense
Marion Barber
Laugh if you want but the Dirty Birds should be .500
NFC South
Wes Welker
Cleo Lemon has a rocket arm
Selling: Julius Jones
Donte Stallworth too injury prone
Washington Foreskins
49ers look at the Dan Snyder from years past signs every free agent but still sucks year in and year out
Titans receivers
Trent Green as QB of the 'Fins
Who the hell is buying Julius Jones? Who is hyping him up? He has been an underachiever since his rookie year. Fans have already grown tired of his ineptness the past few years.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 05:53 PM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jag View Post
Selling:
The Patriots
The Lions
The Chargers

Buying:
The Broncos
The 49ers
The Vikings (even though theres really no hype)
Ah i can tell you are a smart guy :)..... As for my list

Selling:
New Orleans Saints- I do believe they are a decent team i'm just not buying them as a legit SB contender as the media hypes

San Francisco 49ers- Improving for sure but the Seahawks are just too good in the NFC West right now plus theres the Rams to compete with and they are going to be pretty damn good too.

Buying:
Philadelphia Eagles- I Think McNabb comes back and has a MVP type year, this team will be a contender.

Seattle Seahawks- Still the most complete NFC team IMO they were devestated by injuries last year this year they will be a strong contender
Crazy_Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 06:01 PM    (permalink
joercky
Rookie

joercky needs more cowbell.

Paul look what is to the left of Julius Jones selling. DDD. I agree that is why I am selling Julius Jones. 1 good game against against the Seahawks made him everybodies new favorite running back. Barber should have been starting but because Jones was Bill Parcells pet project he got the job. Jones is constantly injured, to inconsistent and is overrated. He is a decent number 2 back but that is all he is.
joercky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 06:13 PM    (permalink
Average OT LB
Veteran

Average OT LB is a cocksman.Average OT LB is a cocksman.Average OT LB is a cocksman.

Quote:
Paul look what is to the left of Julius Jones selling. DDD. I agree that is why I am selling Julius Jones. 1 good game against against the Seahawks made him everybodies new favorite running back. Barber should have been starting but because Jones was Bill Parcells pet project he got the job. Jones is constantly injured, to inconsistent and is overrated. He is a decent number 2 back but that is all he is.
Supposedly hes getting a larger role in the offense.. so theres the hype in addition to the one good game

If i had to pick between the two, i say barber has a higher ceiling and should probably get the nod, but theres probably a good reason why both coaches have julius as the number one... as fans we see only a small portion of what coaches do

sig by bosanac01
Old 08-15-2007, 06:27 PM    (permalink
Packers-Cardinals
Rookie

Packers-Cardinals needs more cowbell.

I don't get why people aren't high on Brady Quinn. Me and Scott are the only guys high on him. He has good size and mobilty, can get the ball into tight spots, read coverage, and has a strong arm.
Packers-Cardinals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 06:32 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
First off I know you just did not quote Mencia's "DDD" . Horrid. And Secondly I knew you were "selling", so do not try to insult my intelligence. But to sell something, means there should some hype or expectations for that individual, and there is none for JJ. So there is nothing to sell. And explain to me how was he Parcell's "pet project" agian? When he was in Parcell's dog house since he was drafted. And how is he overrated when even Cowboys' fans are tired of inconsistencies?
Old 08-15-2007, 06:41 PM    (permalink
HoopsDemon12
Pro Bowler

HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:

The 49'ers are not like the redskins in the least with free agency and draft gameplans... The redskins have only brought in one or no players in each years draft that have made impacts and have actually played well... they grabbed just players from the free agency basically trying to become better faster... the niners have drafted well really well lately and have young talent as well as a mix of verteran free agents... i dont think they are near the same

Sig By Diehardvikingfan
HoopsDemon12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 06:41 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like Julius Jones. I'd take him as a backup to Benson anyday.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 06:45 PM    (permalink
Average OT LB
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packers-Cardinals View Post
I don't get why people aren't high on Brady Quinn. Me and Scott are the only guys high on him. He has good size and mobilty, can get the ball into tight spots, read coverage, and has a strong arm.
whats there to be high on tho? im a big ND fan so i like him- more than most. But its hard to hype him... if he were the starter it would be different, but since hes got inept qbs in the way.. in short - cleveland is a mess.

sig by bosanac01
Old 08-15-2007, 06:47 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
I like Julius Jones. I'd take him as a backup to Benson anyday.
Meh. I remember during that 6-7 game run he had in his rookie year, people were talking Emitt Smith and Barry Sanders . I have to say I fell into it back then to. But I would of laughed if somebody told me that Thomas was the better of the two a couple of years ago. But right now, unless he backs up all the excuses he had about Parcells, he'll be free for the taking.
Old 08-15-2007, 06:52 PM    (permalink
Packers-Cardinals
Rookie

Packers-Cardinals needs more cowbell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Average OT LB View Post
whats there to be high on tho? im a big ND fan so i like him- more than most. But its hard to hype him... if he were the starter it would be different, but since hes got inept qbs in the way.. in short - cleveland is a mess.
Cleveland should be fine in a couple of years if they draft well.
Packers-Cardinals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 07:09 PM    (permalink
Bearsfan123
Pro Bowler

Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Im just going to do Bears since they are who I know best.

Buying:

Grossman-Yes yes I know everybody and their grandma is sellin this guy, but I think he is going to be a good QB.
Bernard Berrian-I think this will be his break out year. The year he can show everyone that hes not only a deep threat.
Mark Bradley- Hes already shown glimpses, but this is the year I peg him to do well. Is he going to break out? No, but will he become a highly used receiver? Yes.

Unsure-
Benson- I havent seen him do enough to warrant a buy or a sell. Plus I really never liked his attitude.

Selling:
Devin Hester- My lord this guy is getting hyped up to God status. I think he will do well in his new wide receiver role, but Im praying the coaching staff doesnt try to rush his development if he gets a few early scores. IMO he should be in on 10-15 snaps a game on offense. Lets please not rush him!

Whitney Mercilus will be a better and more productive player than Shea McClellin

In Tyler We Trust

Welcome to Project Mayhem

This was stolen, and I appreciate it.
Jimmy Buckets <3
Bearsfan123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 07:30 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Buying:

Steven Jackson. The dude is a stud. He will solidify his position as #2 runner this year and who know what will happen in the future.

Selling:

Calvin Johnson: I just can't see how he can live up to the hype.

Isn't is corp?

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 07:58 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Romo will be the Cowboys demise? I'm sure i sound like the typical Cowboys fans but, I just dont get it. My guess is that people that make such comments have never even seen the man play. If there is one thing that I'm not the slightest bit worried about this year, it's the QB position.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 08:00 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
Meh. I remember during that 6-7 game run he had in his rookie year, people were talking Emitt Smith and Barry Sanders . I have to say I fell into it back then to. But I would of laughed if somebody told me that Thomas was the better of the two a couple of years ago. But right now, unless he backs up all the excuses he had about Parcells, he'll be free for the taking.
Thomas was a late bloomer...and Julius is better at this point in their careers...who knows how he'll turn out. It wouldnt surprise me to see him break out this year and re-sign in Big D.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 08:00 PM    (permalink
LSUALUM99
Veteran

LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jag View Post
Two words...

Norv Turner
If freaking Barry Switzer can win a Super Bowl, Norv Turner surely can with a good team.

Designs by Thule

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMWSackMachine View Post
I just wanna warn you guys not to take TNew41 too seriously. He's....let's just say, special. He's fairly harmless, though. He just needs several years of seasoning before he tries to make any more points, is all.
LSUALUM99 is offline   Reply With Quote