Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 08-17-2007, 03:14 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAYareaRB View Post
In 3 years..

Davey O'Brien Award (Best QB): Jimmy Clausen Notre Dame
Clearly you meant to type Ryan Mallett, Michigan there. It's ok, I forgive you :)
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 01:32 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNIPER26 View Post
Clearly you meant to type Ryan Mallett, Michigan there. It's ok, I forgive you :)
You know only half of Oaks Christian's opponents last year had winning records.

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 02:12 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Heisman Memorial Trophy (Best College Player)- Colt McCoy Texas
I think Texas is going to win it all this year and it's because of McCoy's leadership. McFadden and Slaton will be hurt by other high profile players on their teams

Maxwell Award (Outstanding Offensive Player)- Pat White West Virginia
He is too dangerous on his feet and is becoming a solid passer so he's bound to win this award

Chuck Bednarik Award (Outstanding Deffensive Player)- Rey Maulagua USC
best Player on the best defense in the nation

Davey O'Brien Award (Best QB)- Colt McCoy Texas
He's got a ton of experienced weapons and a great line. He's going to have a huge season

Doak Walker Award (Best RB)- Yvenson Bernard Oregon State
McFadden's "declaration" of going pro so early is bound to piss off a few coaches and he might start losing a lot of carries to Felix Jones, especially when they fall further out of contention. Steve Slaton will lose a lot of touches to Pat White and Noel Devine. I want to see Ray Rice perform well without having brian leonard taking a lot of the focus.

Dick Butkus Award (Best LB)- Rey Maulagua USC
See earlier explanation

Fred Biletnikoff Award (Best WR- Limas Sweed Texas
He's going to have a huge season. In my opinion it's a down year for DBs in the Big 12 and Sweed will be a TD machine

Jim Thorpe Award (Best DB)- Kenny Phillips Miami
Flat out beast

Outland Trophy (Best Interior Lineman)- Jonathan Luigs Arkansas
best blocker on a run oriented team

John Mackey Award (Best TE)- Fred Davis USC
Only established weapon in the passing game for USC and should be Booty's main target

Coach Of The Year Award- Mack Brown Texas
Texas wins it all

Lou Groza Award (Best Plackicker)- The guy from Louisville

Ray Guy Award (Best Punter)- drawing a blank on punters
SuperKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 03:59 PM    (permalink
BerninWI
Rookie

BerninWI is a cocksman.BerninWI is a cocksman.BerninWI is a cocksman.BerninWI is a cocksman.BerninWI is a cocksman.

Hey, don't get greedy fellow Badger fans. Anything beyond Ikegwuonu for the Thorpe award is gravy for me. He's always the player I'm insistent on getting credit. Beckum should be vieing for the Mackey Award, but I don't necessarily believe he should win this year because of his blocking. Although he sounds like a phenom from practice reports, and may even improve from last season. I think he'll be the favorite, or one of the favorites, if he stays for his senior year and bulks up. DeBauche was a pretty average punter last year unfortunately, after a stellar sophomore season. I don't know how you could project a comeback year that extraordinary. Mehlhaff is one of the better kickers in the nation, but I doubt he's the best.
BerninWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 04:31 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKevin View Post
Doak Walker Award (Best RB)- Yvenson Bernard Oregon State
McFadden's "declaration" of going pro so early is bound to piss off a few coaches and he might start losing a lot of carries to Felix Jones, especially when they fall further out of contention. Steve Slaton will lose a lot of touches to Pat White and Noel Devine. I want to see Ray Rice perform well without having brian leonard taking a lot of the focus.

Outland Trophy (Best Interior Lineman)- Jonathan Luigs Arkansas
best blocker on a run oriented team
Some of your picks are out of the norm and doubtful, but I like your reasonings for them. These are the two I'd argue the most though. Even if McFadden, Slaton and Rice don't have monster years, don't you think guys like Mike Hart, Chris Wells, Jonathan Stewart etc...would have an upper leg on this than Bernard seeing as how they're more household names and are likely to put up monster years? Just curious.

I really doubt the Outland goes to Luigs. I think Long, Baker or Dorsey would have the inside track.
Old 08-17-2007, 04:43 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNIPER26 View Post
Some of your picks are out of the norm and doubtful, but I like your reasonings for them. These are the two I'd argue the most though. Even if McFadden, Slaton and Rice don't have monster years, don't you think guys like Mike Hart, Chris Wells, Jonathan Stewart etc...would have an upper leg on this than Bernard seeing as how they're more household names and are likely to put up monster years? Just curious.

I really doubt the Outland goes to Luigs. I think Long, Baker or Dorsey would have the inside track.
Jonathan Stewart shares a lot of carries with Jeremiah Johnson and the passing game should open up a lot more this year. Mike Hart's chances will be hurt by a solid passing game in Michigan. Big 10 defenses will eat the Ohio State running game up with no passing game to balance it out. I give it to Bernard because he's the best player on his team in a conference full of weak run defenses.

I don't understand the Outland trophy. I thought it was only interior linemen which excludes OTs. If I'm wrong about that then yeah it'll probably be Sam Baker or Jake Long with an outside chance of being Andrew Gardner from GT(he's a beast and the next great ACC OT)
SuperKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 04:58 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
Jonathan Stewart shares a lot of carries with Jeremiah Johnson and the passing game should open up a lot more this year. Mike Hart's chances will be hurt by a solid passing game in Michigan. Big 10 defenses will eat the Ohio State running game up with no passing game to balance it out. I give it to Bernard because he's the best player on his team in a conference full of weak run defenses.

I don't understand the Outland trophy. I thought it was only interior linemen which excludes OTs. If I'm wrong about that then yeah it'll probably be Sam Baker or Jake Long with an outside chance of being Andrew Gardner from GT(he's a beast and the next great ACC OT)
I like your reasoning for the RB. I don't expect that to happen, but it's possible and well-explained.

The Outland Trophy is for the linemen, all of them. http://www.sportswriters.net/fwaa/ne...and070612.html
Old 08-17-2007, 10:41 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm on the Yvenson Bernard bandwagon.. How 'bout you?

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 10:59 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I don't understand the Outland trophy. I thought it was only interior linemen which excludes OTs.
It is for interior lineman, but OT are considered interior OL for the award. The positions eligble for the award are: OT, OG, C, DT.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 12:48 AM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAYareaRB View Post
I'm on the Yvenson Bernard bandwagon.. How 'bout you?
he wont even be the best RB in his state... Stewart, Forset, Torin maybe

KCJ58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 10:02 AM    (permalink
OhioState
Veteran

OhioState hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.OhioState hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:

see PJ Hill as far as not having a Pass game to balance out the running game
Old 08-29-2007, 11:31 AM    (permalink
wiscbadgerfootball
Pro Bowler

wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioState View Post
see PJ Hill as far as not having a Pass game to balance out the running game
please try to type a coherent sentence

sig by me.. first in ages, pm with requests
wiscbadgerfootball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 01:49 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Colt Brennan will never win the Heisman. Mark that down!
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote