Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 01-05-2007, 12:37 AM    (permalink
danman253

Mike Tyson in his prime or Lenox Lewis in his prime? I have a debate with psub and i say its Tyson, he says Lewis "by a mile." SO who is iit?
Old 01-05-2007, 12:40 AM    (permalink
frogstomp

Quote:
Originally Posted by danman253
Mike Tyson in his prime or Lenox Lewis in his prime? I have a debate with psub and i say its Tyson, he says Lewis "by a mile." SO who is iit?
I was never a boxing fan, but even i know Gary Coleman could take them both on with his karate.
Old 01-05-2007, 08:47 AM    (permalink
RyanLeaf#1
All-Pro

RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.

I say Tyson defiinitely.... My Man Klitcschko was about to destroy Lewis but they had to end the fight. He retired cause he knew he couldnt beat him. By the way what good fighter did Lewis ever beat?

Phillies 2007 NL East Champions & Back to Back MVP Award Winners.
Indianapolis Colts 13-3
Philadelphia Flyers 19-14-4 = 42 points
Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
Coach Bob Huggins 10-2
RyanLeaf#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 08:50 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanLeaf#1
I say Tyson defiinitely.... My Man Klitcschko was about to destroy Lewis but they had to end the fight. He retired cause he knew he couldnt beat him. By the way what good fighter did Lewis ever beat?
I was about to say the same thing. Lewis is one of the more overrated fighters of our time. If they both fought in their primes Tyson would win and I'm don't think it would even be close.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 09:01 AM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10
Quote:
I was about to say the same thing. Lewis is one of the more overrated fighters of our time. If they both fought in their primes Tyson would win and I'm don't think it would even be close.
Tyson was overrated too. Buster Douglas exposed a lot of Tyson's weaknesses.

I think Lewis would have a chance against Tyson because he knows how to use his height and reach advantage and wouldn't let Tyson get close enough for a big shot.
MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 09:03 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxV
Quote:
Quote:

I think Lewis would have a chance against Tyson because he knows how to use his height and reach advantage and wouldn't let Tyson get close enough for a big shot.
I dunno. Obviously Lewis has the height and reach but bottom line is the guys is soft.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 11:36 AM    (permalink
TIP
Veteran

TIP hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Lewis gets called overrated cuz he never beat any good competition, but there wasn't a lot to choose from. Lewis was just a tank, to call him soft is stupid IMO. Tyson obviously is quicker and more intense, but Lewis has the power advantage, I'd take Lewis, though it could go either way

Props to Darnik

Quote:
Originally Posted by CutlerChris View Post
Why couldn't Helen Keller drive?

She was a woman.
^^^^^^
OMFG LMAO
TIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 11:38 AM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

"I'll eatchyo kids!"

Tyson will mop the ring with this guy in his prime

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 11:39 AM    (permalink

Tyson. And it wouldnt even be close.
Old 01-05-2007, 11:46 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lewis is too big for Tyson. This is the worst fight for Tyson, he would press forward as always, and Lennox (who is a sound boxer, with a great jab) would jab the crap out of his face and Tyson would never get in close enough to land the big punch. Lennox by easy decision imo. Tyson would have a punchers chance in the fight, but I couldnt see him taking a decision at all.
Old 01-05-2007, 11:50 AM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Here's how they would stack up:

Power - Tyson
Quickness - Tyson
Jab - Lewis
Reach - Lewis
Boxing ability/IQ - Lewis
Chin - Push

As far as Power/Quickness combination, Tyson might have been the best of all time, but he WAS a flawed fighter.

Lewis, throughout his career, knew how to use his reach advantage and keep other fighters at a distance with his jab.

I believe that if Lewis were to fight an intelligent fight against Tyson and keep him at a distance, he would win on points.
Old 01-05-2007, 11:52 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tyson was an unstoppable force at age 20-22. He was in ridiculous shape, was an icon, and absolutely demolished everyone in his path. I'm not a huge boxing fan, but I watched ESPN Classic replays of his old fights, and he was just incredible. Tough, fast, smart, and strong as hell. I think Lewis would keep Tyson at bay for a little, but Tyson would land a few big punches and dominate.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 11:57 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Vitali Klitschko, a prime rahman(who is respectable), Holyfield (when he was top 10 p4p)- and he beat him beat him twice, the draw was total BS, Shannon Briggs and Golata (Both solid). That is a lot better than the guys Tyson beat. Holyfield is by far the best win out of the 2 of them.
Old 01-05-2007, 11:58 AM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Tyson was VERY good in intimidating his opponents. The other fighters had strategies to fighting him, but a lot of times they were intimidated and just tried to survive.

The first guy who came against him with confidence and who was able to focus on his strategy while fighting him was Douglas.

I know a lot of you think that Douglas fight was a fluke, but I personally think Buster exposed Tyson's weaknesses for the first time.
Old 01-05-2007, 11:59 AM    (permalink

Quote:
Originally Posted by frogstomp
Quote:
Originally Posted by danman253
I was never a boxing fan, but even i know Gary Coleman could take them both on with his karate.
I would pay so much money to see that.
Old 01-05-2007, 11:59 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

If you are a boxing fan you know that the boxer almost always beats the puncher. With Lewis' jab and the massive reach advantage, Tyson wont be able to get to him. Pop in a tape of Tito Trinidad vs Winky and u will get what I mean.
Old 01-05-2007, 12:04 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

And Tyson's opposition was crap btw. Besides a past his prime Larry Holmes and a over hyped Michael Spinks, his opposition is awful.
Old 01-05-2007, 12:21 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Who would win a fight, danman or psub?
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 01:48 PM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Definatly Tyson would win.
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 03:14 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxV
Quote:
Quote:

Buster Douglas had the best fight of his life and Tyson had his worst, he didn't "discover" any weaknesses, Tyson just didn't prepare like he should have.
Old 01-05-2007, 03:19 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

people who say tyson would blow him away dont know boxing, Lewis has an awkward style that would at the very least make Tyson make some major adjustments to his fighting style.
Old 01-05-2007, 03:22 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriots-Lions
psub

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 03:40 PM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Its tough to say because Lewis has such long arms and so he gets an advantage over a lot of fighters.
Old 01-06-2007, 03:58 AM    (permalink
danman253

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisCybulski
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriots-Lions
psub
Not our last fight
Old 01-06-2007, 04:20 AM    (permalink
bigrick0016

Damn you Robbie! Stop saying intelligent things, leave some for me!