Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 08-18-2007, 05:41 PM    (permalink
Veteran

255979119 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

2k5 = Football simulation at its best

Madden = Arcade football
255979119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 06:01 PM    (permalink
Man_Of_Steel
Pro Bowler

Man_Of_Steel hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Well EA's contract with the NFL is 5 years so...no K6, K7, K8, K9, K10. The next NFL 2K football game will be in 2011 and thats if EA dosent extend the lisence. Also if 2K were to be able to make a NFL game they would have to do so without ESPN, EA locked that up for 15 years.
Man_Of_Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 06:03 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

2K5 had real halftime highlight reels. I have Madden 07 and the presentation is awful. Commentary sucks 2 radio announcers, no half time show, and now even no celebration after winning the super bowl, NBA live atleast has a decent half time show, Madden last year disappointed.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 06:12 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 255979119 View Post
2k5 = Football simulation at its best

Madden = Arcade football
That's precisely how I look at it.
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 06:19 PM    (permalink
Man_Of_Steel
Pro Bowler

Man_Of_Steel hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghettosermon View Post
2K5 had real halftime highlight reels. I have Madden 07 and the presentation is awful. Commentary sucks 2 radio announcers, no half time show, and now even no celebration after winning the super bowl, NBA live atleast has a decent half time show, Madden last year disappointed.
This year is no prize either, I already traded it in and until Madden 08 only traded one game in my entire life.
Man_Of_Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 06:23 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

this is why i didnt buy this or ncaa. EA cant make good sports games.
(skate looks sick though, but it is action sports)

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyabroncosfan View Post
JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

jballa838 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 06:27 PM    (permalink
Canadian_kid16
All-Pro

Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jballa838 View Post
this is why i didnt buy this or ncaa. EA cant make good sports games.
(skate looks sick though, but it is action sports)
I really like NCAA, I don't understand how it only got an 8.3....recruiting is alot more in-depth, and just playing the game looks and feels better...

Proud fan of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Somewhat proud fan of the Toronto Blue Jays
Yes, a fan of the Toronto Maple Leafs as well
A fan of the USF Bulls
Canadian_kid16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 07:08 PM    (permalink
Veteran

255979119 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Maybe when 2k is allowed to make NFL games again, they'll get a contract with CBS or FOX.
255979119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 07:18 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 255979119 View Post
Maybe when 2k is allowed to make NFL games again, they'll get a contract with CBS or FOX.
Or NBC ......

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 07:18 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian_kid16 View Post
I really like NCAA, I don't understand how it only got an 8.3....recruiting is alot more in-depth, and just playing the game looks and feels better...
yeah, just because something got better then the year before doesnt mean it should be a 9 if it isnt a 9. Madden payed off ign and all them to give it good reviews anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyabroncosfan View Post
JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

jballa838 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 07:31 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat Sagdiyev View Post
Or NBC ......
madden works for nbc so they arent getting a contract with nbc
Old 08-18-2007, 07:35 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTgiants View Post
madden works for nbc so they arent getting a contract with nbc
good point.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 11:05 PM    (permalink
BrownsTown
All-Pro

BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jballa838 View Post
yeah, just because something got better then the year before doesnt mean it should be a 9 if it isnt a 9. Madden payed off ign and all them to give it good reviews anyway.
Seriously, the gameplay essentially stays the same so you need to add extra features to get people in. They did great at this in NCAA, new game mode (for 360 at least) and completely updated recruiting. Madden, nada.
BrownsTown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 11:10 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Stiller View Post
It seems like Madden is only worried about gimmicky features, while 2k5 is less about graphics and better game feel. Realistic touch.
so true... i played Madden 08 on PS3 and hated it so much... i hope the ps2 version has better gameplay because im getting it tomorrow
Old 08-18-2007, 11:44 PM    (permalink
JETS5128
Pro Bowler

JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i always liked the play and feel of madden. but the presentation flat out blows. why cant they just get along and collab on a game, it would be sick

Sig by Me
JETS5128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 12:19 AM    (permalink
nfrillman
Veteran

nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.

Again, I like the game, maybe just because its the NFL, but I like it. With that being said though, I don't see why there isn't a much bigger atmosphere for the Super Bowl and winning it, a little pregame show for the upcoming week, a weekend wrap up show, and mock drafts. It just doesn't seem like it would be that hard to do. Oh, and why can't there be multiple broadcasting teams., It would not be that hard to do, ESPN has plenty of people who could broadcast NFL games. It'd just be nice to hear a different voice from week to week.

I am done arguing, until somebody says something stupid.
nfrillman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 12:39 AM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBond93 View Post
Imagine how good it would have been if EA got Baseball rights and 2K got football rights...
amen.
if there was a way to have a massive revolt for them to switch, and everyone pays an extra five bucks for each game.
i'd pay 70 bucks for MVP 09 and 2K9

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"
awfullyquiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 12:42 AM    (permalink
BrownsTown
All-Pro

BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by awfullyquiet View Post
amen.
if there was a way to have a massive revolt for them to switch, and everyone pays an extra five bucks for each game.
i'd pay 70 bucks for MVP 09 and 2K9
I'll second the Amen and then go "What you say?".
BrownsTown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 12:43 AM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfrillman View Post
Again, I like the game, maybe just because its the NFL, but I like it. With that being said though, I don't see why there isn't a much bigger atmosphere for the Super Bowl and winning it, a little pregame show for the upcoming week, a weekend wrap up show, and mock drafts. It just doesn't seem like it would be that hard to do. Oh, and why can't there be multiple broadcasting teams., It would not be that hard to do, ESPN has plenty of people who could broadcast NFL games. It'd just be nice to hear a different voice from week to week.
My thing about Madden isn't even so much about the presentation. It just feels... like an arcade football game that TRIES really hard to be simulation football. 2K5 is/was not perfect by ANY stretch of the imagination (the franchise logic sucks ass, the depth chart blows, DB AI problems [which can be fixed with some slider settings]), but I always feel like I'm playing a FOOTBALL game.
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 12:59 AM    (permalink
TCU
All-Pro

TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.

Im done with Madden, i dont get why the xbox version has more than the 360? The gameplay is the same every year. This was the first year i didnt buy the game and i havent even played it yet and i dont miss it at all. the 2k series were much better.

former #1 in post count on this site
first to 500 posts
TCU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 05:08 AM    (permalink
steelersfan43
Pro Bowler

steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yea, not getting madden this year.
steelersfan43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 09:20 AM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

boycott?
im going to get the new madden, but if it doesnt live up to atleast 50% of my expectations then i may as well return it. (see how low i set the bar?)

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 09:21 AM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If anyone has played All Pro Football 2k8 ( or whatever its called) than you would see the 2K football games fell off hard, very hard. Awful game.

Madden 08>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> All Pro Football 2k8. As much as I loved 2k5, times are a changing and they definitely, lost their touch.

Last edited by ccB : 08-19-2007 at 09:24 AM.
ccB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 09:25 AM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

2K should do what the NCAA games do, have rosters where the players are QB#4 and such. ANd the team names are also blank, and customizable. That way someone can go in and make all the edits with the team names and buy the rosters

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 09:37 AM    (permalink
BufFan71
Pro Bowler

BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

2k5 was a game that was more popular than madden, and was ahead of them gameplay wise....thats why madden bought the liscene....

3 years later we finally get wat 2k5 had 3 years ago