Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 08-19-2007, 10:37 AM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jballa838 View Post
yeah, just because something got better then the year before doesnt mean it should be a 9 if it isnt a 9. Madden payed off ign and all them to give it good reviews anyway.

Are you blind? Theres a ton of things they fixed in madden thus the spike in review grades, last years franchise in madden was about as deep as a kiddy pool, this year they updated that added new ways to scout/draft, and brought back owner mode. The players all move more fluidly and faster. There is a fantasy draft again, the new player abilities are pretty sweet and fun to use. A lot of things have been revamped, its far from perfect but its equally as far from unplayable some of you people just look for every little flaw. You are going to be waiting a long time for the perfect game to be made.
Old 08-19-2007, 01:53 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i just emailed the NFL and gave them a piece of my mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyabroncosfan View Post
JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

jballa838 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 02:18 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

post your email here.
Old 08-19-2007, 02:28 PM    (permalink
Ewing
Pro Bowler

Ewing is a cocksman.Ewing is a cocksman.Ewing is a cocksman.Ewing is a cocksman.

I never actually got around to playing a lot of 2K football because I really loved Madden at the time. I still like Madden but as any wrestling fan can tell you, lack of competition means lack of quality, it's still a good game but if had some competition I think they would try harder and put in more features. This will be my first year buying the game for the 360 and I really hope pass coverage is better than it was in the most recent PS2 versions. It was like there was no difference between Champ Bailey and Fred Thomas in that game; they were easy as hell to destroy on offense and then when you played as them on defense they were pretty much the same player.
Ewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 03:08 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i'll see if they emailed me back, but i sent it through NFL.com so i dont have a copy

Quote:
JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

Old 08-19-2007, 09:37 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
i'll see if they emailed me back, but i sent it through NFL.com so i dont have a copy
why not EA.com?
just rebought 2k5!!

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 09:39 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by neko4 View Post
why not EA.com?
just rebought 2k5!!
because i was telling the NFL they need to back out of their contract because it is bad for football video games and business

Quote:

Old 08-19-2007, 09:57 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
because i was telling the NFL they need to back out of their contract because it is bad for football video games and business
You know the NFL doesnt give a rats ass what you think about football video games right? Like you are not being serious thinking you are going to make a difference or even get a reply for that matter are you?
Old 08-19-2007, 10:21 PM    (permalink
BrownsTown
All-Pro

BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charm City Byrdgang View Post
You know the NFL doesnt give a rats ass what you think about football video games right? Like you are not being serious thinking you are going to make a difference or even get a reply for that matter are you?
Well, at least you're positive.
BrownsTown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 10:30 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownsTown View Post
Well, at least you're positive.
I was just trying to decipher if he was being serious or not. You guys really think the NFL is going to back out of what I am sure is a multi million dollar deal with another company because one kid emails them? Get with it fellas.
Old 08-19-2007, 11:40 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charm City Byrdgang View Post
I was just trying to decipher if he was being serious or not. You guys really think the NFL is going to back out of what I am sure is a multi million dollar deal with another company because one kid emails them? Get with it fellas.
yeah, it was half kidding. i was serious, but i was gonna see if they replied mostly

Quote:

Old 08-20-2007, 12:45 AM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

well if a bunch of people send em and e-mail, start petitions and protest there is a chance

???

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 01:08 AM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
well if a bunch of people send em and e-mail, start petitions and protest there is a chance

???
What is unconstitutional about putting up your product (in this case, the exclusive NFL license) for bid? EA won the bidding and gets exclusive rights to the license for 5 years. I don't think the Supreme Court will be hearing that case.
Old 08-20-2007, 05:50 AM    (permalink
Veteran

255979119 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat Sagdiyev View Post
What is unconstitutional about putting up your product (in this case, the exclusive NFL license) for bid? EA won the bidding and gets exclusive rights to the license for 5 years. I don't think the Supreme Court will be hearing that case.
But it all points to one thing : No choice
255979119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 05:55 AM    (permalink
Modano
Veteran

Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
boycott?
im going to get the new madden, but if it doesnt live up to atleast 50% of my expectations then i may as well return it. (see how low i set the bar?)
Boycott should be the wat to go, but it's almost impossible.
I think that what EA does should be illegal, too. What they do is killing the opposite distribution, just because they can't beat them with better videogames.

First, I've never played an MLB game in my life, so the "MLB videogames chapter" is out of my speaking. But, looking at 3 games in particular - Madden, NBA Live and Fifa - it's not hard to say that EA sports versions of these games just suck compared to the other similar games you can buy.

EA made the first great Soccer game. It was in '97 and FiFA '97 was one of the first games with multiple leagues, championship etc in the new era.
Then, in 2000, Konami started to make a game that was way better than FIFA, ISS Pro Evolution Soccer.
The game changed his name in PES (pro evolution soccer) and was so better than FIFA that there wasn't even competition.
EA wasn't able to create a better game, their game was an arcade, and was far off from a real soccer simulation. So what they did? They buyed the licenses and PES was force to make a game where Chelsea is named London FC, Liverpool Meyerside, Inter Lombardia and so on.
But still PES 3 had an amazing success, first because an editor allowed you to edit team and player names, second because FIFA couldn't have the exclusive for the national teams, so if a player played for his national team, his name was unchanged.

After long years of battles, FIFA lost the exclusive licenses for some leagues because their game was so bad and the majority of the people (especially in Europe) only used PES. The soccer national leagues started to think that was stupid to give the exclusive license to the EA when everyone was buying the Konami product (Serie A, Ligue 1, Liga Spagnola, Bundesliga all were represented in the PES series).
Finally, on 20th of october 2007, Pro Evolution Soccer will have the licenses for the most famous leagues in the world, ending EA monopoly.

With Madden is the same thing. NFL 2K5 is still the best football game. 2K5 had gang tackles and other features that Madden didn't have until this year's version. And these features are still worse than the ones of a 2005 game. Look at a gang tackle in Madden and a gang tackle in 2K5.
That's a very good highlight video of what NFL 2K5 is capable of:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fsv2eYapMLw

In the NBA saga, NBA Live is just a bad game. NBA 2K7 is one of the best games I've played for 360, NBA Live 2007 is probably the worst game I've ever played for 360.
And a similar case can be made for the NHL 2K vs EA NHL series.

EA creates arcade. That's all they do. And when they realised they're losing againts other producers, they buy the exclusive licenses to kill them.
Imagine what'd happen if they buy the exclusive license for the NBA!

P.S.: Sorry for the grammar, but I haven't the time to re-read the post...

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU
Modano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 11:19 AM    (permalink
Scar
Rookie

Scar hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I haven't bought a football game since 2K5. I've rented two versions of Madden since, but they were lousy. Team management options were the only thing that EA had over 2K Sports. Gameplay was always 2K's forte, especially on the defensive side of the ball where Madden has always been flat-out pathetic.
Scar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 12:14 PM    (permalink
Philliez01
All-Pro

Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modano View Post
I think that what EA does should be illegal, too. What they do is killing the opposite distribution, just because they can't beat them with better videogames.
Well isn't killing off the opposition the point of business? Business A may not be as good as Business B but if they have more money, why not go for exclusive. It's all about money in this situation and it makes sense, get the most popular sport in the country in terms of fans and boom! You have leverage over buyers as they don't have much of a choice. Add in their marketing abilities at EA then well, it's easy to see why they did this.

Also, EA did the same thing with NASCAR. Sierra (makers of NR2003) made the best racing game ever with nr2003. However EA saw their potential and then negotiated to get an exclusive deal. NASCAR, in terms of ratings, is the 2nd most watched sport in the country (at least the Daytona 500 and Brickyard 400 are more watched than all but the Super Bowl, if I can correctly recall) and it's a business thing. Ever notice why there isn't an exclusive franchise to the NHL and NBA?

Give JKPIGSKIN credit for this masterpiece
Philliez01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 01:28 PM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

???
Isn't high school naiveté charming?
Old 08-20-2007, 02:49 PM    (permalink
Man_Of_Steel
Pro Bowler

Man_Of_Steel hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Its sad that the wait for a decent football game will be until 2011.
Man_Of_Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 02:53 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man_Of_Steel View Post
Ive been playing a decent football game for the last week or so, Madden is fine you guys are just a bunch of nitpiickers. Also whose to say when the contract runs out that Madden doesnt secure it again just as fast.

Last edited by ccB : 08-20-2007 at 02:59 PM.
ccB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 03:43 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yeah!! That In-Helmet camera is going to be sooo sweet on 2K11!!!
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 11:46 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
more like 2008
http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/814/814249p1.html
licensed or not, it sounds like fun. no pre-timed animations.
"no two tackles ever the same"

Quote: