Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football > Recruiting

Recruiting Discuss High School Recruiting

Old 08-18-2007, 05:02 PM    (permalink
V. Young
Rookie

V. Young hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default Brandon Beachum

How does everyone like Brandon Beachum? When will he start at psu? Is psu a good spot for him to get better?
V. Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 12:58 AM    (permalink
gstock05
Veteran

gstock05 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

He's good but slightly overrated on Rivals. Too slow for runningback IMO. Will be a good linebacker.
gstock05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 12:29 PM    (permalink
reigle9
Veteran

reigle9 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I can guarentee he's not going to be a good LB.

He is overrated on Rivals. Hines likes him way better than I do along with most of the PSU community.
reigle9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 01:38 PM    (permalink
V. Young
Rookie

Yeah. thanks guys. I thought he looked good when I watched his rivals.com highlights. If you look at his pictures on there he looks really solid. Maybe he will end up becoming a good rb, or even a good lb. We will see.
Old 08-19-2007, 01:44 PM    (permalink
gstock05
Veteran

Lots of PSU people said he was not offered by OSU because of our small class size. OSU would not have offered regardless of class size. Great kid, but I dont think he'll be a star in college.
Old 08-19-2007, 01:57 PM    (permalink
V. Young
Rookie

Really? Okay. I just like his style and siz a lot. I just love how solid he is. I am looking forward to watching him. Another 4 star recruit michael shaw commited there as well. Who will end up a true starter there? Shaw or beachum. I would take beachum on this because of his size.
Old 08-19-2007, 04:21 PM    (permalink
gstock05
Veteran

I've said it before, Beachum is going to be a linebacker, not a runningback. He's big, but he's not THAT big, and isnt all that fast. Shaw is the much better runningback.
Old 08-19-2007, 04:27 PM    (permalink
elway777
All-Pro

elway777 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.elway777 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Wow, Broderick Green would've been beastly for PSU.
elway777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 05:05 PM    (permalink
reigle9
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gstock05 View Post
I've said it before, Beachum is going to be a linebacker, not a runningback. He's big, but he's not THAT big, and isnt all that fast. Shaw is the much better runningback.
Well then you've been completely wrong more than once. There's a 1% he ever plays LB.
Quote:
Originally Posted by elway777 View Post
Wow, Broderick Green would've been beastly for PSU.
Yes, yes he would've. Very sad. He would've been a star behind the veteren line in '08.
Old 08-19-2007, 05:25 PM    (permalink
V. Young
Rookie

Exactly, he said himself hes gonna play RB there. On a video on rivals. He and zordich talked about it. Hes gonna be strictly a runningback even though you think he wont he said he will.
Old 08-19-2007, 06:33 PM    (permalink
gstock05
Veteran

Sorry, I should have reworded that. I think he's too slow to be a good runningback, and would be a much better linebacker.

I do understand that he'll be a runningback at PSU however. To me, he's Tony Hunt minus about 20 lbs.
Old 08-19-2007, 06:41 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i think he would be a better linebacker and i like him just as much as the other guy..just not at rb...shaws the guy i like
Old 08-19-2007, 11:35 PM    (permalink
V. Young
Rookie

Meh. Shaw is good dont get me wrong, but in the end BB will be the ultimate starter. Maybe could be a good 1-2 punch, like thunder and lighting over at clemson.
Old 08-20-2007, 08:42 AM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kind of a misfit as far as what position he should play. He's 5-11/218 and the coaches at tOSU don't think he'll grow/fill out much more. Not ideal for a LB, and I haven't seen him as a RB. Too slow and without the hips to be a safety. My guess is that he plays tailback at Penn State.
Old 08-20-2007, 09:34 AM    (permalink
Newbs24
Rookie

Newbs24 is a cocksman.Newbs24 is a cocksman.Newbs24 is a cocksman.Newbs24 is a cocksman.

Michigan coaches also didn't offer because of concerns about his size for the LB spot. The kid has some monster legs and I think he will be able to carry 230lbs easily for a LB and be effective.

Quote:
Originally Posted by supermario86 View Post
Stanton will be a pro bowler his 5th year book it.
Newbs24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 11:29 AM    (permalink
DoWnThEfiElD
Pro Bowler

DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think thats the knock on him as far as colleges look at it... He looks like a player but how much more will he be able to add to his frame, it looks pretty maxed to me...
Old 08-20-2007, 11:35 AM    (permalink
reigle9
Veteran

Down
While I think you're the only other person on this forum that knows they're talking about, I highly doubt any 17 year old is already maxed out.
Old 08-20-2007, 02:40 PM    (permalink
DoWnThEfiElD
Pro Bowler

DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

thanks man.. but im just saying that i dont see the growth potential that you can see with other prospects, thats what i was getting at.