Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Atlanta Falcons Team Forum

Atlanta Falcons Team Forum Discuss the Falcons

Old 08-19-2007, 08:24 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default DJ Shockley out for the season

AJC

Quote:
Team officials spent the weekend exploring options to replace Shockley, who was competing with Redman for the No. 2 job behind starter Joey Harrington. They Falcons have held trade talks with Philadelphia about veteran Kelly Holcomb but nothing had developed as of Sunday.
Holcomb would be an interesting addition.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 08:57 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

And Tim Couch! :)
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 09:19 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If I didn't like you I would hit you with a "trolling" infraction... ;-p

Old 08-19-2007, 09:20 PM    (permalink
BrownsTown
All-Pro

BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow, the good news keeps on coming for you guys.
BrownsTown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 09:22 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

At least most of us expected a rebuilding year any way. If bad luck was to strike it might as well be this one.

Old 08-20-2007, 01:12 AM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I figured he was headed towards being cut anyway to be honest, this just saves him =/
iloxygenil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 02:01 AM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
If I didn't like you I would hit you with a "trolling" infraction... ;-p
Hey now. Top 3 (assuming) can be good for some teams! Look what it did for us! :)
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Old 08-20-2007, 02:04 AM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyboy View Post
Hey now. Top 3 (assuming) can be good for some teams! Look what it did for us! :)
The savior of the Falcons' franchise...

Old 08-20-2007, 02:06 AM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

I certainly hope not. Never been a big Brohm fan myself.

On second thought, draft him. Just don't take D-Mac plz.

kthx

Old 08-20-2007, 03:25 AM    (permalink
HEISMANHERSCHEL
Veteran

HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am pissed. I love me some D J Shockley. He was awesome in college.

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/afte...man/1114044540
HEISMANHERSCHEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 05:38 AM    (permalink
DraftMichaelHuff
Veteran

DraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

without seeing them play, at all, i like Woodson better than Brohm, i dont know why though, but either would be nice.

heck...maybe we should trade for the rights to Jamarcus Russell, he doesnt seem too keen to go to camp lol
Old 08-20-2007, 08:16 AM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Alot of fans didn't care about the whole Vick thing, because Shockley was the backup and people wanted to see him play. Shockley has the strongest arm on the team ( not counting vick) and one of the fastest QB in the NFL. Unlike Vick though he is a leader and well liked on and off the field. In the game friday he made a audible and changed the play at the line of scrimmage which resulted in a first down. I don't even think Mora let Vick call audibles the last few years. Chris Redman and Joey Harrington both looked terrible friday and we will not win more then 8 games this year. Now that DJ is out for the year he won't have a chance to prove he is the QB of the future and we will have to spend a 1st round pick on a QB.
Old 08-20-2007, 08:48 AM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

He would have NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER been the QB of the future ANYWHERE. that is just pure insanity to say. I mean in the AFL sure, or maybe CFL...but not in the NFL.

Harrington simply wasn't bad the other night...that's all there is to it...4/7 with an INT...2 dropped passes so that's 6/7 and the INT he totally lost his footing and should have just held the ball but once that decision is made it's too tough to turn it off and look for something else. Joey isn't great by any means, but horrible? c'mon.
Old 08-20-2007, 09:12 AM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Who ever plays QB for the falcons is going to have to learn to live with droped passes until the WR prove they can catch. Shockley has a good game and your argument is that it was luck. Did he not sign a autograph for you as a kid ? Maybe he isn't t he QB of the future, but has better chance then Redman does.
Old 08-20-2007, 02:28 PM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

harrington played bad friday. dont give me all the excuses. shockley played well but against a weak defense. he'll be missed.

woodson seems to be the flashier qb. with his big frame and whatnot but brohm seems to be that manning-esque traditional qb. personally i like woodson more but that all depends on his performance this season. after all sec is wayy beyond the big east in talent.
thefalconer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 04:29 PM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

LMAO all the love for Shockley amuses me. GO UGA lmao. Harrington DIDN'T Play bad...2 dropped passes out of 7 and 1 poor throw out of 7 isn't bad, I'll take it...no problem.
Old 08-20-2007, 05:19 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iloxygenil View Post
I figured he was headed towards being cut anyway to be honest, this just saves him =/

No way. He's far better than Redman, and with Joey at QB, DJ probably would have gotten some playing time.
Old 08-20-2007, 05:28 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Maybe the Falcons can just sign Aaron Brooks?

Old 08-21-2007, 12:09 PM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyboy View Post
Maybe the Falcons can just sign Aaron Brooks?
He is vick's cousin so I don't think thats going to happen
Old 08-21-2007, 01:46 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiafan View Post
He is vick's cousin so I don't think thats going to happen
And? Just because he's Vick's cousin doesn't mean he's involved in dogfighting too. I could understand wanting to not associate with anyone involved with Vick or related to him, though.

Old 08-21-2007, 02:11 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

im not a UGA fan, but i thought shockley looked alot better this year then he did in previous years, and actually looked like he could start this year..he made some good plays, very athletic, and that might of helped out more so then just relying on harringtons arm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 02:21 PM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

damn turf injuries are so annoying because they are so preventable.
thefalconer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 08:59 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Can we please stop with the dropped passes excuse? I did it all the time last year but really we can't do this. Everyone has drops. I mean it just sounds stupid to say "he should have been _____".

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 09:01 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

so whos backing up Harrington? Redman?
Atleast w/ DJ yall had a running QB

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote